Kick-off
Mon, 20 October 2014 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 49 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kakeru

The overreaction here is unreal. You'll win this game in the second half easy, West Brom are just inviting pressure on themselves and they have no outlet. Berahino has been invisible up front.
    Speak for yourself. Please, leave us alone with our own misery while we leave you with your own.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
    I actually want Fellaini on. I have no idea what he'll do. But just doing something different is okay with me.

VanGaalEra

RVP making some nice runs, Januzaj hasn't been able to effect the game as we only seem to want to play down the left side.

Every chance we get, everyone looks left.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
    Supports
    Chelsea
    Why is herrera playing if he isnt fit? Him and Mata look woeful out there.

justboy68

Mata, Januzaj and RVP provided no threat whatsoever, no point in them being out there playin like that. Shaw looking like a teenager, west brom had free reign to run and put crosses in down that side. Just a really poor half overall. Expect us to come out much better in the second.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    I don't think we are that awful to be honest, we just completely lacking the end product. We are not far away from creating a lot of chances and then score, our attack let us down so far, hope we show what we can in the 2nd half. We really shouldn't drop points today.

RetroStu

How the hell did Mata get those amazing stats at Chelsea, he looks a shadow of that player for us.

The only good thing about Rooney being out is that some of his detractors may realize just what he brings to the team.

Warriner

Carrick and Falcao on for Mata and Januzaj please.. Can't leave changes to late because it's just going to get more difficult as time goes on..

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
    It has been just piss poor, enjoyed United more under Moyes. If we are gonna see this slow play on the opponents half all season, it would be desastrous. I'm starting to hate our possesion play.
    Did I read that bit about Moyes correctly?

AgentP

With 4-3-3, Di Maria is not getting enough of the ball. We should take off Adnan, bring in Falcao and return to 4-2-2 diamond. Mata will also get to play in his best position.

penalty snot

Fellaini on for RvP. Long ball.

But seriously, Herrera is obviously unfit he'll go off.

Falcao for Januzaj and we'll win this. He needs support up top.

hirotan69er

Why is Januzaj playing like the polar opposite to his style last year? He used to take people on immediately, run the wings and really get involved with play.
    Good question, because he's been playing like this season so far...and I don't like it.

Dazzmondo

Our worst performance since MK Dons imo. New formation was definitely a mistake. Januzaj has been dreadful, any time he gets the ball, he's slowing the game down and allowing the West Brom defence to compose themselves. Should be replaced by Falcao at half time. Jones and Rafael have played well imo, Rojo some good and some bad. Blind playing well, Herrera doing pretty well also. Di Maria the standout. RVP has done pretty well, but he's isolated and is suffering from the change in formation. Just completely the wrong set-up and a really poor performance. We won't score without a change imo. Fellaini's coming on, great. Hating this game.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
    Shaws performance unfortunately shows why we needed to keep Evra another year - he isn't ready to be first choice yet.

Herrera and Mata have both been pretty anonymous, I question whether Herrera is really 100% fit yet and was surprised to see him pass. Mata just needs to start influencing games more, he is the one we need to start breaking down stubborn defenses.

Di Maria as usual has been our best player, but out wide he is less able to win a game by himself.

I think if we bring Fellaini on for Herrera it will improve things, but we need to see much more from RVP, Mata and Januzaj.

SqueakyWeasel

I actually think that LvG has underestimated our league … even now he keeps comparing it to the strength of the German Bundesliga which is crap, I live here and the BL is as unbalanced as the Spanish, Italian and French leagues are, a few top-class teams at the top and feck-all after that. Place for place we would murder any league in the world from top to bottom. 1st against 1st, 2nd against 2nd … right the way down. We might not win the top few but from 4 down the Premier League would clear up. In fact I'd back the top half of the Championship against the bottom half of most leagues in Europe! I personally wouldn't be surprised if we do well against the teams LvG knows are very strong like Chelsea and City … if he's a good tactician he'll make sure we don't get routed!

jem

Wonder what Shaw does in training that warrants his selection. Maybe it's the lack of options.

Or maybe it's that 'man bra' that he wears to support his moobs. Maybe he's a different player wearing the man bra.
    Or maybe it's the fact that he's actually looked pretty good in the games leading up to today?

hbgreg

You need to pass with purpose and intention like Pep said in his book not very long ago. We're not, we're playing football that sucks right now.

SirJanuzaj

Shaw is so awful at defending. Need to improve his defending skills. It's his fault they scored. Lost Sessognon and don't track him back, after Blind is chasing their right back and should therefore instead take Blind's spot and cover his back. Awful.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
    Hoof balls and clueless defending. It's like watching last year's United.

Where is the passing, the pressing? The Chances? We create less than fecking Stoke. We should be studied, this is actually fascinating.

Dumbat12

For fecks sake, feels like I'm watching Moyes football here. Can we just stop with these long passes and crosses when the other defense is sitting with 11 men in their own half?

RedDevil-85

Weak 1st half from us.
    Their goal is just too easy,the shot was great,De Gea couldnt do shit about it but we should have done better before that.

Falcao must be brought on soon.He is high on confidence after scoring in our last match and for Columbia.

Pyro19

This thread :lol:

Decent first half , can't do anything about the absolute worldly that sessegnon scored.We've moved the ball about with purpose and just can't seem to find the killer pass.

Januzaj needs to get more involved or be substituted for falcao.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
    Van Persie spends games jogging around, way too comfortable as he knows he won't be dropped

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
    Mata is particularly disappointing me :( Watch his movement. He isn't making those killer runs in the pockets that we need. He just keeps coming deeper and deeper and then passing it sideways.

Roosney

We haven't been bad, but lacking cutting edge in the final third and could up the tempo.
    This. Quite good game but we need to be more creative and ballsy in the final third. Also our back has looked shaky, every time WBA attack it's heart-attack time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Daley Blind image Daley Blind 45% of 674 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 432 ratings.

Score Predictions