Westminster Politics

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
“The BBC has been told that at least one person who attended has been fined by the police. Mr Johnson himself was not.”

Is the Met even fit for purpose if it can’t fine a man based upon photographic evidence?

Defunding the police is starting to sound less radical

MadMike

Depends where it goes. I'd bite your hand off if it was to be chucked in to Universal Credit but I wouldn't bet they'd go that way.
Would be nice, but doubtful. They've probably written off most people on benefits as Labour voters and they have a lot of middle class voters they'll want to appease. So I expect any energy windfall tax to be spread evenly to households regardless of income or financial situation.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Context. Thw party has been declared illegal but PM not fined.
Heads have to roll.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Best part: "The latest revelation raises further questions about why the Metropolitan Police did not fine the Prime Minister for attending the party, while others present did receive a Fixed Penalty Notice."
So encouraging to see that the Met has carried out their usual comprehensive investigation.

Superden

Absolute bollox. While they keep you hooked on this BS you take your eyes off the real issues. Sack BJ or don't but please let's move on to some current issues.
Is there a bigger issue in politics than WHO the actual PM is?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You could name all the good things Boris and his cronies have done for the UK and then you could name anything he hasn't lied about. Anyone?
And a clue is that it is a 4 letter word which starts with Z and ends with O.

MadMike

Some fecking low-IQ imbecilic clowns over there at the Met.

Let's leave aside the fact that they tried to protect the government for a sec. Yes it's terrible, but it's almost to be expected from people without integrity because they are trying to protect their own arse from repercussions (sackings) down the line. But then why not just hush it all and say not enough evidence emerged during the investigation or summat?

Why proceed to fine people (which means the gatherings were deemed illegal) but only some people and the junior staffers in particular? Did it not occur to these Sherlock wannabees, that the junior staff would be fecked off with this and will therefore leak evidence which discredits their investigation? Could they not work out that in doing that, they risked their bias being exposed and themselves being put in an even more untenable position? And that this government will not in any way protect them, because it happily sells anyone down the river to save its own arse?

If you're gonna be sacked it better be for doing your job right rather than for trying to protect the government in an attempt so idiotic that it only took a week to be uncovered. Crooked and dumb. My god.

Last edited:

Tibs

And there are people out there who genuinely believe our Governments and its arms are fit for purpose, and legitimate....when in actual fact they're a bunch of incompetent, corrupt twats.

So naturally the thick as pig shit UK population will give the Tories an extra 3 points in the opinion polls

Smores

I mean I hate Boris as much as anyone but that photo for me makes it looks like he's just nipped in for a second. His dispatch box is right there on the chair.

I think it's going to come out that was the case and everyone testified to it. It's perhaps the wrong battle to try fight, though it does call into question his Commons statements.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean I hate Boris as much as anyone but that photo for me makes it looks like he's just nipped in for a second. His dispatch box is right there on the chair.

I think it's going to come out that was the case and everyone testified to it. It's perhaps the wrong battle to try fight, though it does call into question his Commons statements.
Oh I see so he only broke the law a little bit.

It’s cool that he let everyone else crack on with it though. Prime Ministers famously carry zero authority so we could never have expected him to put his foot down and excoriate his staff for breaking the laws he himself set.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The most debased man in government.
His horrible box dyed hair kills me every time I see him. It’s a measure of how superficial and vain he is.

MUW4Eva

Cool, cool, so if I go over the speed limit by 10 mph, for say 2 minutes, then that is fine, as it was only for a short period of time, no harm done eh??

I shall just say, well the PM only broke the law for a brief moment, same as myself, he didn't get fined so why should I??

Smores

Cool, cool, so if I go over the speed limit by 10 mph, for say 2 minutes, then that is fine, as it was only for a short period of time, no harm done eh??

I shall just say, well the PM only broke the law for a brief moment, same as myself, he didn't get fined so why should I??
I was arguing the political sense in this battle not the legality. He's committed far worse offences than this one and you want to avoid the ones easy to deflect or compare to beergate because people will then ignore the worse offences through fatigue.

Anyway both of what you mention are up to the discretion of the officer. Cops ignore such speed offences all the time.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Irrespective of whether he has nipped in for a second or stayed for an hour, he told the nation there were no parties in Downing Street...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Irrespective of whether he has nipped in for a second or stayed for an hour, he told the nation there were no parties in Downing Street...
More specifically he told the commons that from the dispatch box and under the ministerial code if that is not true he should resign

I suspect he wont and PMQ's tomorrow will mainly be Starmer asking questions making that point 6 times probably getting responses something like
1. Beergate
2. He would still have us in lockdown
3. Corbyn in a suit
4. He should listen to my previous answers plus I got brexit done
5. He voted to stop brexit
6. Vote conservative

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Lying about the parties and now lying about initiating a meeting with Sue Gray. Even if he was just briefly passing by, the PM evidently lied to parliament about not being aware of any partying. To add on this the MET’s independence is also being questioned. And there’s a small matter of the Irish border to be solved. What crisis? BJ‘s turning the UK in to a banana republic.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Lying about the parties and now lying about initiating a meeting with Sue Gray. Even if he was just briefly passing by, the PM evidently lied to parliament about not being aware of any partying. To add on this the MET’s independence is also being questioned. And there’s a small matter of the Irish border to be solved. What crisis? BJ‘s turning the UK in to a banana republic.
yes but the bananas can be bendy... not like those silly straight bananas in the EU...

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The man needs to go ASAP, he’s a disaster. The real harm being done by Boris isn’t even going to be noticed till later down the line, he needs to go before it gets worse. Unless your Starmer that is, then you want BJ to stay on till the next election.