Music What are we listening to?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Utterly insane track this. Love the fella but the first 2 minutes are an emotional journey that nobody is really for. Loving the new knot of DNB that’s coming out of America.

Needs at least 2 minutes to make up your mind. Picks up its skirt and runs for the hills at 90 seconds. Will kill your iPhone speaker. Headphones necessary.

Feels Pendulumesque.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Sunday morning wake up tune:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Fred Again is an insanely talented human. One of the best live segments I have heard, let alone the best Tiny Desks I have ever listened to - especially the latter 10 minutes.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I’m pretty new to them. Only pricked my ears up when I heard Turn on the lights and have only recently delved beyond that track. Love what I’ve heard so far mind you.
The ridiculously named Pangbourne Mafia are just doing really fun things in music. The new Skrillex album is heavily influenced by Fred, the cut with Flowdan on it is wild. They’re impromptu gigs, playing MSG under full house lights for two hours then cutting them as the gig kicks off proper, saving Coachella, all the tiny little Insta vignettes of life and the creative process.

Never thought I’d celebrate a member of the gentry, but Fred’s a good egg.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The ridiculously named Pangbourne Mafia are just doing really fun things in music. The new Skrillex album is heavily influenced by Fred, the cut with Flowdan on it is wild. They’re impromptu gigs, playing MSG under full house lights for two hours then cutting them as the gig kicks off proper, saving Coachella, all the tiny little Insta vignettes of life and the creative process.

Never thought I’d celebrate a member of the gentry, but Fred’s a good egg.
Just checking out Quest for fire now. So are they all a collective?

UnrelatedPsuedo

Just checking out Quest for fire now. So are they all a collective?
Kinda. They got named. They’re performing together loads. Loads of tracks together. I doubt they’ll go as far as the Diplo Jack U endeavour and actually release stuff as a three piece, but they’re gigging lots.

Quest for Fire has some outrageous high notes, but a few flat ones. The latter being the outdated dubstep stuff that hasn’t been made fresh.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I need that DnB edit of Teenage Birdsong in my life.
100%. Seeing the three of them at Primavera next month. Cant wait.

Really loving the way Fred is getting hyped to the moon, Skrillex is back with a mass of fans. Then you’ve got Kieran just pulling up the rear, obviously the most talented, with the best CV, just chilling with that mad look on his face. He’s central to the odd thing they’ve got going on. Nobody outside the scene knows who he is.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I thought this is pretty good for something buried in a movie's end credits and otherwise unreleased.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
100%. Seeing the three of them at Primavera next month. Cant wait.
Nice! Enjoy.
Really loving the way Fred is getting hyped to the moon, Skrillex is back with a mass of fans. Then you’ve got Kieran just pulling up the rear, obviously the most talented, with the best CV, just chilling with that mad look on his face. He’s central to the odd thing they’ve got going on. Nobody outside the scene knows who he is.
Definitely. Jealous of the youngins discovering the Four Tet back catalogue for the first time off the back of this.