Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Anyone else go to the Wu and Nas O2 show this eve? I don't know why I bother with the O2 any more...the acoustics are horrible and the levels were all over the place (well, mostly everything up to eleven). Really tough to make out the lyrics (which is a bit of a problem, in hip hop!) Still pleased to see some of my favorite rappers of all time and Nas killed a number of tracks but I won't be back to the O2 now.
I was there last night, and it's just a horrible venue. I keep trying to avoid it, but sadly it's the go to for big bands.

The sound for Tenacious D was actually ok, not brilliant, but alright there for once though we were down the front so I'm assuming it was an echo mess as usual further back...But the security is absolute trash and the layout is complete nonsense where they just let it have a free-for-all. The amounts of times it almost kicked off with people pushing forward and not a single security or steward in sight.

Awful venue. Luckily I only have Blink 182 (don't ask) left for there this year.

Pickle85

I was there last night, and it's just a horrible venue. I keep trying to avoid it, but sadly it's the go to for big bands.

The sound for Tenacious D was actually ok, not brilliant, but alright there for once though we were down the front so I'm assuming it was an echo mess as usual further back...But the security is absolute trash and the layout is complete nonsense where they just let it have a free-for-all. The amounts of times it almost kicked off with people pushing forward and not a single security or steward in sight.

Awful venue. Luckily I only have Blink 182 (don't ask) left for there this year.
Yep, it's a tough one to avoid as so many of the bigger acts play it. As you say, we were way back for nas and it was predictably awful.

Also, no shame re blink 182! I had that enema of the state album myself when it came out.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Madness were brilliant last night. Fell a bit worse for west today. Only just starting to feel normal. Onto to the next gig, Queens of the Stoneage on Tuesday.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Wife basically banned me from buying tickets for The Prodigy in November so hoping I can use this should The 1975 announce more UK dates

Superunknown

I saw The War On Drugs in Brighton yesterday. Had a nice time, except for the fact that I was absolutely exhausted during the gig due to the busy week. Also played a 40-minute set myself for a Summer Fayre that we had at the school. Had to play that (we finished at 1:30pm), then had to pack everything away before then driving the 2 and a half hours to Brighton for the gig.

The gig itself was great. The band are really good and put on a good show. They're seasoned pros. Red Eyes went very hard. Thought Victim and I Don't Live Here Anymore were both excellent.

Superunknown

Fantastic live band.
The build-up for 'Under The Pressure' before the riff kicks around that 3/4 minute mark in is just sublime. The crowd were chanting the riff before the band built it up and came back in with it. Was so good. Such a good song.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The build-up for 'Under The Pressure' before the riff kicks around that 3/4 minute mark in is just sublime. The crowd were chanting the riff before the band built it up and came back in with it. Was so good. Such a good song.

This version is incredible!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Saw Pulp on Friday

Next week I have Arctic Monkeys and Blur

Noel Gallagher in August

Chemical Brothers Novemeber

Ocean Colour Scene December

Pixies next March

Not as busy as last year which is a relief
FFS

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Saw Milky Chance on Friday. Was great. Though it was weird as they weren't the headline act which was Young the Giant (who I don't really care for and are much smaller). Love Milky Chance though, they did really well changing their music a bit to make it more upbeat for a concert.

Also - the singer is tiny. His arm barely made it around the guitar :lol:

Had been a while since my last one. Went to Glass Animals during mopop festival last summer, except that one was annoying as the speakers were great all day but then when Glass Animals were supposed to perform, the big speakers stopped working. So most of the crowd barely heard them. Disappointing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Muse in Huddersfield tonight.
How did you like it?
They were mindblowing. Sound, performance, production, Matt Bellamy's voice and solos. The sheer amount of bangers they have. Amazing gig it was.

I'm nearing the end of my year or so of gigs.

12 gigs, two festivals down with blink 182 in Birmingham and then When We Were Young in Vegas to finish off the year. It's been wonderful, live music is all I ever need. Download was bloody magnificent for more than just the music too.

Had to give up Paramore and Arctic Monkeys tickets cause I was strapped for cash and desperate so I need to see them another time.

BMTH announced their tour at Download so I've got tickets for January

And then Swifty announces her worldwide tour next year....oh boy I cannot wait (although I'm not looking forward to the shitshow that will be buying the tickets)

GuyfromAustria

They were mindblowing. Sound, performance, production, Matt Bellamy's voice and solos. The sheer amount of bangers they have. Amazing gig it was.
That's great, I saw them 3 weeks ago and I loved the new show. If you like their music, they always deliver live.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That's great, I saw them 3 weeks ago and I loved the new show. If you like their music, they always deliver live.
I'd always heard they were about as good as it gets in terms of live performances, circumstances have dictated that I've not seen them until now. Pretty sure it was around 2001 when I got into them so a long wait but incredibly worth it. Glad you enjoyed them.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
How did you like it?
Yeah, they were on point and it sounded really good. My favourite muse gig so far. We went from our seats to the standing area to join the action!

The last few gigs of theirs I’ve seen have been a bit static but this set got the crowd really going! First time I’ve felt like doing that at a gig in ages.

I hope they add another date on the end of their tour like the O2 in 2019, I’ll go again.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Muse in Huddersfield tonight.
They are in Dublin in September. I’ve seen them before and they were terrific

tickets go on sale next week. Do they play loads of their new album (ive never given it a listen)

Volumiza

I think there were 5 or 6 tracks off the new album, all of which sounded brill live. Other than that, they play pretty much everything you’d want them to with an encore of Kill or be killed followed by Knights of cydonia. T’was mint.

Last edited:

Volumiza

Going to see the chemical brothers in Nov at the O2 in London. Canna wait for that one, not seen them since their first tour!

Volumiza

Went to see Muse last weekend Matt Bellamy is probably the guitarist of his generation I reckon, he is absolutely sensational
Saw them 10 days ago and they were on fire!

Matt can no doubt play the guitar but Chris Wolstenholm is also a top tier bassist. Does not miss a fecking beat and some of those bass lines, hysteria for example, are incredible.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I saw The 1975 show in Finsbury Park yesterday, both them and Bleachers were exceptional and its up there with one of the best shows I've seen and there is a long list of those. The sound was fantastic too.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I saw The 1975 show in Finsbury Park yesterday, both them and Bleachers were exceptional and its up there with one of the best shows I've seen and there is a long list of those. The sound was fantastic too.
I'm gutted I couldn't get to this.

miked99

Matt can no doubt play the guitar but Chris Wolstenholm is also a top tier bassist. Does not miss a fecking beat and some of those bass lines, hysteria for example, are incredible.
The man is an absolute tank of a bass player. Muse are incredible live.

Going to see Pulp tomorrow in town. First gig since covid

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Don’t check the playlist then they played a couple of rare bangers :lol:
I've looked on setlist.fm and I think the only one I've not seen them play is Medicine, which I'm not heartbroken about. Seen them five times and one of them was in the middle of the tour when they randomly decided to chuck Menswear, Me, Undo and HNSCC into the set.

Ludens the Red

Went to see Muse last weekend Matt Bellamy is probably the guitarist of his generation I reckon, he is absolutely sensational

Aye. When I see them live I feel like they’re on some sort of cheat code. Everything just sounds faultless. Mk bowl is a fecking mission though. I’m convinced people were stranded that night. There were two trains left and about 20000 stood outside the station.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Saw Ministry of Sound orchestra last Fri. What a gig. Danced all night. Then Saturday saw Embrace. Again, not a note out of place. A little bit boring in places but they finished with a bang. Was going to see Sting tonight but sold my tickets. Tomorrow it’s the Cult supported by the Mission. Then Fri night it’s James. Bought so many tickets it’s ridiculous. Every time more came out I’d say ‘right that’s it, no more’. Then someone else would be announced who I would want to see

Gavinb33

The man is an absolute tank of a bass player. Muse are incredible live.

Going to see Pulp tomorrow in town. First gig since covid
Yeah they are a really tight band, all of them are incredible.

Aye. When I see them live I feel like they’re on some sort of cheat code. Everything just sounds faultless. Mk bowl is a fecking mission though. I’m convinced people were stranded that night. There were two trains left and about 20000 stood outside the station.
MK is my home town so I was home by 11.00pm, not surprising really later trains on a Sunday was always gonna be shite, train companies need to step up when events are on

stu_1992

Debating whether I should get Muse tickets to their Dublin concert soon. Not sure I want to spend the money with a few events already in the bag. I've seen them twice before so not sure I need it.

Limp Bizkit next in Halifax. (Few days later going to the season opener at OT too.) Then have Queens Of Stone Age in Dublin around thr middle of November. Just bought tickets last nigrn for Foo Fighters next year in Cardiff. Haven't seen them since 2015 so looking forward to it.

Saw The Prodigy last week after getting a free ticket. Was a decent show although not a huge fan. Set list was kind of odd as it felt very front loaded with big tunes people would know.

stepic

saw motley crew and def leppard last weekend, and kiss on wednesday night. mate of mine is properly into all these cock rock bands. they were all pretty decent tbf

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Beach Fossils twice in Feb next year.
Friday 16th - Manchester
Saturday 17th - Leeds.
Toying with 1 of the London shows as well.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Saw KISS in Köln. Quite nuts that Paul Stanley is 71 years old. Dude was belting all the bangers, ziplined over the crow onto a small stage in the middle of the floor. The pyrotechnics were crazy. Just an overall great show that I'm sure a non-fan would have enjoyed. Proper performance for their farewell tour. Second only to Rammstein in terms of theatrics but a close second.

Tarrou

going to Springsteen at Hyde Park tonight

can't wait!!

seeing him again in Copenhagen next week