Toby Alderweireld / Samuel Umtiti
Arturo Vidal
Adrien Rabiot

Rob Bowman

Varane/Alderweireld
Savic/Kroos/Vidal
Tierney
Bale/Griezmann

We need some real talent if we are going to compete in Europe.

Last edited:

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
It's been mentioned by mou on more than one occasion that we're not signing any attackers this summer. He's also stated that midfield is where our problems lie.

So given that info here's my list of 4 players:
  1. Fabinho
  2. Umtiti
  3. Kovacic
  4. Sandro
Am guessing based on our pursuit of Perisic, Mou had plans to play a 3-4-3/3-5-2 this season but had to adjust accordingly once we failed to land him.

These 4 additions would allow us to play 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1 or even 4-1-3-2.

Fabinho to me is a must buy. He's great at dm.. Can do a job as b2b cm or even rb/rwb. He's also done well at Monaco yet again. Whoscored.com has him at 7.58 this a season after 27 appearances, scoring 6 & assisting 3. He would provide competition to both Matic in the middle & Valencia on the right. Would cost us about 50m euros I think.

In midfield, I think we need to add Kovacic. SMS seems to be all the rage now & is valued at around 100m euros. But it's Kovacic imo, who is the better, more complete player & must be yearning for more game time having only started 6 times so far this season! Would cost us around 80m euros i guess.

Sandro is another must buy for me. Brazilian. Can play as left back or left wing back. Serial winner in Italy. Lots of experience in Champs League & should be going to the world cup. Combined well with Pogba on the left flank at Juve. Looks like 60m euros is the price.

The last guy I feel is someone we need to splurge on... wages wise. If it's true that 150k/week is what it takes to prise him away from barca then we should be moving heaven & earth for him. Well worth the money. Way better than Rojo as a lcb. Can play out the back quicker & more accurately than either Jones/Smalling. Has a great leap on him. Buyout clause at 60m euros.

So that's 50m + 80m + 60m + 60m = €250m approximately £220m

Conservatively, I think we can sell Blind, Darmian, Pereira & Jones for £80m. That's a net spend of £140m in today's crazy market on 4 top quality players. Our midfield will be sorted for the next 4 seasons minimum.

3-4-3

---------------------- DDG

LINDELOF -- BAILLY -- UMTITI

SUBS: SMALLING, ROJO
LOAN OUT: TUANZEBE

VALENCIA -- KOVACIC -- FABINHO -- SANDRO

SUBS: HERRERA, MATIC, YOUNG, SHAW
LOAN OUT: MCTOMINAY, FOSU-MENSAH

POGBA -- SANCHEZ

SUBS: LINGARD, MATA, MARTIAL

LUKAKU

SUBS: RASHFORD

Last edited:

NoPace

I love these threads as i can see everyone that says Bale and instantly ignore them in future

Rose
Fred
Umtiti
Fabinho
And yet when I look at your 4 signings I think there's no obvious RW in the squad unless Sanchez is moved there, so there's certainly still room for Bale, even if he is only healthy half the time and would cost too much and signing wingers at his age is probably bad practice in general.

Sanchez--Lukaku----Bale-- (Martial, Rashford)
------Pogba---Fred--------- (Lingard, Mata, Fellaini)
----------Matic-------------- (Herrera)
Rose---------------Fabinho (Valencia, Shaw, Young)
-------Umtiti-Bailly---------(Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Smalling)
-----------De Gea---------- (Romero)

and maybe sell off one more CB and bring back Tuanzebe or Fosu-Mensah. And I put Lingard and Mata with the CMs because one will likely play instead of a midfielder against easier teams, as a 10 or in the kind of free role we saw Mata in yesterday against Swansea.

Andersons Dietician

RB- Fabinho (40-50)
CM- Saul. (80-90)
SS- Dybala. (130-150)
CM-Thiago. (70-90)

Ouch, rough math on that. (310-380) chump change for us :lol:

Last edited:

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Meunier
Mahrez
Seri
Sessegnon
I’ve been lucky enough to get a few free tickets to the Cottage this season and, seriously, Sessegnon looks the real deal. It’s hard to believe he’s 17/18.

Mahrez is such a no-brainer to me that one must be going insane. He offers balance and creativity we so sorely lack that I can’t believe, as a proven Premiership player, we haven’t snaffled him up but it’s an obtuse world at times.

I’d want a right back and proper creative midfielder as well, yet somehow know we’ll get neither...

DarkXaero

Paulo Dybala (AM/SS/RW)
Kieran Tierney (LB)
Fabinho (RB/DM)
Savic (CM)

If Savic is too overpriced, then I would be happy with a cheaper alternative.

Nick.

Kieran Tierney
Samuel Umtiti
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
RB

Martial - Lukaku
Sanchez
Pogba - Sergej
Matic
Tierney - Umtiti - Bailly - RB
De Gea
Switching to that diamond Mourinho had success with at Porto, and Real Madrid's success proves it can work in the modern game too. I'd have Tierney over Alex Sandro or Faouzi "permacrock" Ghoulam. I debated adding Riyad Mahrez to the list but then we'd either have to sell Martial or Rashford to give at least one of them some game time, or play 4231 which probably isn't the best for us.

Mylock

I have to laugh at some of the posts here suggesting we buy savic based on YouTube clips. Has anyone seem him play? If we are to play big money for a midfielder then we should go for kros. The big questions that needs to be answered is - why has almost every player that we have bought since fergie left deteriated since they joined us? Why haven't we produced better players? All this talk of not been moyes team, van gaels team or Jose players is a load of rubbish, good coaches should be able to get the best out of the players they have.

Nick.

I have to laugh at some of the posts here suggesting we buy savic based on YouTube clips. Has anyone seem him play? If we are to play big money for a midfielder then we should go for kros. The big questions that needs to be answered is - why has almost every player that we have bought since fergie left deteriated since they joined us? Why haven't we produced better players? All this talk of not been moyes team, van gaels team or Jose players is a load of rubbish, good coaches should be able to get the best out of the players they have.
Who cares about Kroos, he isn't even possible to sign for us anyway so maybe we should stick to naming players who are available instead.

gulli_G

I think Mourinho is going to pull a few Bailey style transfers and around 2 established ones.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This is what I think will happen

1) Sandro
2) Fred
3) Docoure
4) Aldeweireld

Jibbs

1) Danny Rose
2) Fabinho
3) Clement Lenglet
4) Antoine Griezmann

manutddjw

Right I'll answer this 3 ways, as if I was a United fan, as a Liverpool fan and what 4 players I want to come to Liverpool :')

As a Liverpool fan for United:

GK: Joe Hart (De Gea)
CM: Barry (Pogba)
LW: Redmond (Sanchez)
ST: Borini (Lukaku)
You sure you're not a United fan? I mean Gareth Barry is world class. Better than Xabi Alonso in his prime!

#CR7

Ordinarily my 4 signings would be:

Umtiti
Sandro
Sessegnon
Fred

However I think Martial will also depart leaving space for an extra attacker. Would like Bale as his replacement as he would restore the balance to our attack.

Devil may care

I don't think some of these young options are very likely sadly, and I don't think we'll sign 2 CM's as Herrera will sign as new deal and Mourinho will see McTominay as the Fellaini replacement, he's his poster boy for those that say he doesn't develop youth.

I don't see us fecking the LB or CB at the very least.

Scholsey2004

James Rodriguez, Sandro, demi Mitchell (I know), ethan Hamilton (I know, dammit!)

Walters_19_MuFc

Centre Back
Left Back
Centre Midfielder
Right Back

Toby Alderwiereld - 40M
Alex Sandro - 50M
Fred - 45M
Djibril Sidibe - 30M

= 165M

De Gea
Sidibe Bailly Alderwiereld Sandro
Pogba Matic
Mata Lingard Sanchez
Lukaku​

Romero Jones Valencia Herrera Fred Martial Rashford​

De Gea
Fred
Matic Pogba
Mata Sanchez
Lukaku

Romero Jones Valencia Herrera Lingard Martial Rashford

If one of our attacker leaves, then Mourinho will go in for a right winger, in my opinion. Either Bale, Willian, Mahrez or Malcom.

De Gea
Pogba Matic
Bale Lingard Sanchez
Lukaku​

Romero Jones Valencia Herrera Fred Mata Rashford​

De Gea
Fred
Matic Pogba
Bale Sanchez
Lukaku

Romero Jones Valencia Herrera Lingard Mata Rashford​

Last edited:

Jig1234

RB. Thomas Meunier/Fabinho
LB. Alex Sandro/Tierney
CB. Toby Alderweireld
CDM. Jorginho

CM. Jean Seri - Bonus 5th.

Promote:
Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Andreas Pereira, Gomes & Chong (RW)

Sell/Leaving: Fellaini, Shaw, Carrick, Blind, Darmian & Jones.

arnie_ni

Rb - anybody
Lb - young guy from fulham or celtic
Cb - Toby
Cm - i like kovacic but not sure madrid would sell

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
1) Mahrez/Costa or Bale (only if guaranteed to be fit) (RW)
2) Thiago/Verratti/Modric/Naingolan (first choice) Kroos/Kovacic/Pjanic (second choice)
3) Sandro
4) Alderweireld/Varane/Umtit

Chances of any of the above actually happening?

diarm

Dream - Good - Backup

Neymar - Willian - Mahrez
Casemiro - Jorginho - Fabinho
Sandro - Sessegnon - Tierney
Alderweireld - Varane - Umtiti

JoaquinJoaquin

Have all you people saying Tierney actually watched him play? I don't know enough about the guy admittedly, but seems to be alot of replies saying his name which I can't help but think is based on FM.

kr0nix

Why are so many people asking for Fred? Has anyone actually watched him play apart from YouTube?

Lougie86

Supports
Partick Thistle
Have all you people saying Tierney actually watched him play? I don't know enough about the guy admittedly, but seems to be alot of replies saying his name which I can't help but think is based on FM.
I've watched him play plenty of times and in my eyes he would already be a massive upgrade on what we have and has bags of potential.

He also has a fantastic attitude and seems to have his head screwed on. Unlike some other left backs with potential we have signed..............

Gog

My Four would be:

.....................De Gea
Meunièr.Bailly.Smalling.Sandro
.......................Matic
.....Fabinho....................Pogba
.....................M.Savic
...........Lukaku.......Sanchez

.....................Romero
*Valencia..Lindelof..Rojo..Shaw
..................McTominay
.....Herrera..................Pereira
....................Lingard
........Rashford..........Martial

* or Young (Rotating with Valencia depending on who we are playing)

In: Meunièr (46m), Sandro (56m), Fabinho (64m), M.Savic (86m) Total 252m
Out: Darmian (15m) Jones (20m) Blind (20m) Carrick, Fellaini, Mata (26m) Total 81m

£171m Net

JoaquinJoaquin

I've watched him play plenty of times and in my eyes he would already be a massive upgrade on what we have and has bags of potential.

He also has a fantastic attitude and seems to have his head screwed on. Unlike some other left backs with potential we have signed..............
That's fair enough in that case. Just wondered as he isn't being linked with any other teams and seems very low key for the amount of people saying his name.