What has happened to Brad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
but surely soon enough all the moaners will have been banned and then we can go back to just having a bit of a laugh?
there is logic on that JD but it'd be cooler if people just stopped whining or other posters told them to shut it ... this place used to self moderate quite well.

the 'us v the mods' mentality has totally destroyed that

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
This is getting tedious and boring.

Being a boring person myself I used to love coming here and having a laugh. Nowadays the most popular threads are cat fights between the mods and posters - which ultimately result in a few posters getting banned.
Agreed.

These threads are pretty pointless so maybe it should be closed so everyone can get back to enjoying the Caf.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
i posted some sexy lily for ya a few posts above!!

dont make me take your fray bentos corned beef again!!
:lol:

that's in uruguay! i think

btw, i need pics, if you have, pm them to me, if you have

don¡t post them here, we dont want to derail this thread where regular posters acuse the mods and adminds of being shit

Sw33t

I'm not one for getting into petty squabbles about bannings, especially someone who I don't particularly like a whole lot, but that does seem a bit extreme. See worse a lot regularly

But you're the mod, so what I say don't matter one iota etc etc

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is getting tedious and boring.

Being a boring person myself I used to love coming here and having a laugh. Nowadays the most popular threads are cat fights between the mods and posters - which ultimately result in a few posters getting banned.
The caf is reflecting society by turning into one giant episode of Big Brother.

It could be worse, I mean, there could be...er, I can't think of a way to finish this sentence

twitter thread suggester
sadly true, i might log off for a bit
We did it people! It took longer than we anticipated, and Brad and PJ had to be sacrificed, but it was all worth it.

Now we can finally enjoy the Caf.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I'm not one for getting into petty squabbles about bannings, especially someone who I don't particularly like a whole lot, but that does seem a bit extreme. See worse a lot regularly

But you're the mod, so what I say don't matter one iota etc etc
a few things, what you say, matters, if it didnt, why would an admin start a thread asking the posters what they think about the way the forum is ran?

about PJ, i'm sorry but insulting other member is a bannable offense -of course we see in wich context was said-, no matter if it's done in the general, the manchester united or the entertainment forum

and even if it mattered, this thread doesn't belong to the general, does it? it's a thread asking the mods why a poster was banned, so it should be in the Admin/Mod Help Forum

i really hope i had answer your question, and be sure that what we do is always to improve this forum, of course, we make mistakes, we are human

Sw33t

a few things, what you say, matters, if it didnt, why would an admin start a thread asking the posters what they think about the way the forum is ran?

about PJ, i'm sorry but insulting other member is a bannable offense -of course we see in wich context was said-, no matter if it's done in the general, the manchester united or the entertainment forum

and even if it mattered, this thread doesn't belong to the general, does it? it's a thread asking the mods why a poster was banned, so it should be in the Admin/Mod Help Forum

i really hope i had answer your question, and be sure that what we do is always to improve this forum, of course, we make mistakes, we are human
Yeah, true, is more of a admin/help thread. See where you're coming from, but I still thought it was a bit extreme

Thanks for the response though.

Rooney24

you shouldv'e brought it up with him when he could still post.
Then why not give his opinion when brad was here?
For the record and now that I recollect, I did comment on it at the time in the thread about SR, with:

"If I were Brad, Id shut my fecking mouth sharpish" (cant multiquote as the thread has been locked)

and anyway post 142 by GB of that thread makes it abundantly clear to anyone with a little bit of sense why SR was banned, which is what Brad kept continually questioning and I presume was the precursor to his ban.

PJ, I have genuine sympathy for.

sidsutton

PJ was getting a little bit big for his boots.

Ooh, did I just comment on someone when they were banned..

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
there is logic on that JD but it'd be cooler if people just stopped whining or other posters told them to shut it ... this place used to self moderate quite well.

the 'us v the mods' mentality has totally destroyed that
That is what happens when the average age of posters plummets. They start crying about the world being unfair for the most minor of things.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There shouldn't even be any question over reinstating him, you don't ditch you're best posters over anything less than a major breach in Caf policy imo, not some petty squabbling ffs.
I recommend that everyone listens to the Nome, the Nome knows the score (and its not often that I say that!)

Anyway I have faith that the Modulators will discuss and come to the rightful decision.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Can't you just permaban him and be done with it? This is a torture.
I think he is. Yet again. Unless we let him back. Again. With a final final final final warning. Although the odds of him being less Brad for long enough aren't good IMO.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There shouldn't even be any question over reinstating him, you don't ditch you're best posters over anything less than a major breach in Caf policy imo, not some petty squabbling ffs.
I think you overstate PJs contribution to the forum.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
For the record and now that I recollect, I did comment on it at the time in the thread about SR, with:

"If I were Brad, Id shut my fecking mouth sharpish" (cant multiquote as the thread has been locked)

and anyway post 142 by GB of that thread makes it abundantly clear to anyone with a little bit of sense why SR was banned, which is what Brad kept continually questioning and I presume was the precursor to his ban.
Sums it up nicely.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
It's just you mentioned a couple of times that he wasn't gone - and someone in response to you said he wasn't because he didn't have Banned under his username - so I thought that the reason you thought he wasn't gone was for that very reason, I was just pointing out that it's not the case.

Did I miss the joke or just misunderstand something else? You've gone very defensive with me recently Boss.

Stop trying to do your best Baldwinlegend impression.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I heard Boss has something very deep to say about the ban. I don't know any specifics, but I heard words like "travesty" and "Hitler".

It's just what I heard, though. Over the grapevine.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'd imagine PJ has likely just been given a time out rather than a permanent ban.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Are you suggesting PJ's offense wasn't severe enough to warrant a permanent ban? Are you questioning the judgment of the mods and admins?

Alright Boss, you're off the hook.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'd be surprised if marcos had deemed that singular incident to be worthy of a permanent canning, unless there was previous I'm unaware of or he was on that oft discussed 'shit list', which with PJ I doubt. I suspect he was given a 5 point infraction which will give him a few days out. I hope so anyway.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to PJ(On the Caf community on FB), he has been given a temp ban rather than a permanent ban.

topper

Clown
I think he is. Yet again. Unless we let him back. Again. With a final final final final warning. Although the odds of him being less Brad for long enough aren't good IMO.
When he keeps rein on his "outrage" or "drama queen" mode he's a very good poster but until/unless the Caff is run/modded the way he wants he'll never change.

Just how many chances to behave has he already had ?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like I've actually missed something interesting on the caf, or is it? Well since the caf/other forum wars and the various caftard live meltdowns it seems so... hmmm, thinking about it the caf isn't as 'lively' as it used to be :(

Or maybe I'm on here less? or getting old?

[afro ponders for a while...]

BTW jdmufc (aka jdizzle) that gif doesn't do her any favours... looks like she has a fridge for a forehead...

[ponders for a while longer]

I think you should give bradders a bit of leeway, mad characters is one of the things I loved about the caf, too many have come and gone...

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Brad got boring about 2 years ago, around the time he had the piss ripped out of him for applying to be a mod....

Not that that had anything to do with anything, that was just a joke on his part, that no one else copped.

Status
Not open for further replies.