What has happened to Brad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciderman9000000

Brad got boring about 2 years ago, around the time he had the piss ripped out of him for applying to be a mod....

Not that that had anything to do with anything, that was just a joke on his part, that no one else copped.
He never really got over it when I gave up my season ticket in the seat next but two from him. He was different after that; knew he could mouth off without facing the possibility of me beating him up the following Saturday or something, I don't know.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Yes, I've always had the feeling the degree to which he mouths off about someone is directly proportionate to the likelihood of him meeting them in real life.

VoetbalWizard

brad's a top poster IMO. loves eto'o, dislikes berba, was at juve away in 2003. What's not to like?

just seems many personalities have been kicked out over the years and it just sanitizes the place more...slabber, big andy?, pert, etc.

Ah well, just here for the football banter for the most part so carry on.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Pert will never be allowed back, although he's probably in the newbies now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bandy got booted? Whats the deal with a perma ban anyway? Bit like a life sentence isn't it? Are we to believe that these characters have no chance of rehabilitation?

Have I gone past the acceptable number of questions in one post???

AgainstAllOdds

I personally think that the infractions thing does not work so well at times.

For example, I received three separate infractions from an unamed Canadian doctor mod on the same thread for three different posts. I think they were for being off topic but the reason doesn't matter, I've been infracted for three posts in the same thread with nothing malicious in them.

These have now expired and I don't know whether they would count towards the 15 perma ban infraction limit, but if they weren't, they could cause someone to be perma-banned very easily.

The other thing for discussion is whether it is 15 points from the infractions or 15 infractions as a whole regardless of the points?

As for Brad, he can be a big cock when it comes to discussions but at the end of the day, a few bad words said don't really cause that much harm when in balance with the numerous people he has helped on this forum with tickets.

He's more of an asset then a liability to the forum and it's members IMO!

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

For example, I received three separate infractions from an unamed Canadian doctor mod on the same thread for three different posts. I think they were for being off topic but the reason doesn't matter, I've been infracted for three posts in the same thread with nothing malicious in them.

These have now expired and I don't know whether they would count towards the 15 perma ban infraction limit, but if they weren't, they could cause someone to be perma-banned very easily.

The other thing for discussion is whether it is 15 points from the infractions or 15 infractions as a whole regardless of the points?

As for Brad, he can be a big cock when it comes to discussions but at the end of the day, a few bad words said don't really cause that much harm when in balance with the numerous people he has helped on this forum with tickets.

in the less than two years that you've been a caf member, you have had 15 infractions points, yet you are still posting

if that doesnt prove to you that being perma banned is not very easy, i don't know what will

AgainstAllOdds

in the less than two years that you've been a caf member, you have had 15 infractions points, yet you are still posting

if that doesnt prove to you that being perma banned is not very easy, i don't know what will
I'm just discussing the criteria marcos because as I said I don't know what causes the perma-ban.

If it is 15 infractions then the three that I mentioned would count towards the perma-ban, if it is 15 infractions points (permanent/non-expiring/non-expired) then it would be less likely for them to count.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I'm just discussing the criteria marcos because as I said I don't know what causes the perma-ban.

If it is 15 infractions then the three that I mentioned would count towards the perma-ban, if it is 15 infractions points (permanent/non-expiring/non-expired) then it would be less likely for them to count.
the 15 points rule is an automatic ban, but points expire

to get banned permanently you must be a pain in the arse and do something really stupid or, in brads case, be constantly pushing the limits of what is acceptable

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

It's 15 'live' points. Expired ones do not count towards the total but remain on your User CP for reference.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I agree, I'm not a fan. It's just a record keeping tool which has come about due the growth of internet and this site. I personally think a simple PM, or a reminder in the thread does a better job. Grown adults also do like to be warned, which is what the infraction system does.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

You might as well name me.

I think I treated everyone in that thread fairly.

First off, I asked that people stop making political comments, think I even did it twice..another mod even came in and said the same thing. You made three separate posts after my warning and earned three infractions for doing precisely what I asked people not to do.

So, after ignoring a mod's advice and then suffering the consequences you still don't get it or did you just want to complain about it a little?

Dr. Dwayne

The problem is that a simple pm isn't much of a record when we are considering a poster's behaviour.

Warnings are a good tool but some posters even take offence to that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You might as well name me.

I think I treated everyone in that thread fairly.

First off, I asked that people stop making political comments, think I even did it twice..another mod even came in and said the same thing. You made three separate posts after my warning and earned three infractions for doing precisely what I asked people not to do.

So, after ignoring a mod's advice and then suffering the consequences you still don't get it or did you just want to complain about it a little?
I also gave him 5 points for a post because he refused to listen to requests made in the thread, and the thread title, by both mods and posters. It's quite simple to avoid these sorts of infractions, evidenced by everyone else deciding not to do it, therefore not being infracted.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If people were just PM'd a warning and a log of those warnings was held in your little secret mod forum wouldn't that just be basically the same as the existing infraction system? If anything that would make it less straight forward for you mods, because you'd have to refer to your secret forum log book rather than just clicking a members name.

Infractions are what they are, a simple tool for pointing out to somebody that they've stepped out of line, if people choose to read more into it than what it is and refuse to accept their own actions then that's their problem. The last infraction I received (of two) was from Top and I'm fairly sure I PM'd him back apologising and acknowledging I was wrong, even though I don't like the tool, obviously.

Dr. Dwayne

If people were just PM'd a warning and a log of those warnings was held in your little secret mod forum wouldn't that just be basically the same as the existing infraction system? If anything that would make it less straight forward for you mods, because you'd have to refer to your secret forum log book rather than just clicking a members name.

Infractions are what they are, a simple tool for pointing out to somebody that they've stepped out of line, if people choose to read more into it than what it is and refuse to accept their own actions then that's their problem. The last infraction I received (of two) was from Top and I'm fairly sure I PM'd him back apologising and acknowledging I was wrong, even though I don't like the tool, obviously.
Warnings and infractions have a special forum where they are auto-posted. It's why we like to use them.

Might be fun to open up viewing rights to the forum for everyone.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Warnings and infractions have a special forum where they are auto-posted. It's why we like to use them.

Might be fun to open up viewing rights to the forum for everyone.
:lol: that would be fun.

I also think you should make the 'shit list' public, I'm really curious as to who the top 10 are. I'm assuming there that there is a ranking system, I'll be disappointed if there's not.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Granted, that's usually the case, which is why I thought I should clarify for this occasion.

Dr. Dwayne

Thanks, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed.

Consider that your first warning, Nick. Next one's going on record.

afrocentricity

stay mate, as soon as we get rid of Dr.Dwayne -in fact he is a male nurse- the caf will get a lot better
Should we be discussing this in the open? :nervous:

I've heard he packs heat, you may need backup ;) ... there's also a rumour going around that he killed Davo...

afrocentricity

What has R.Nick done to be ranked above Dr.Dwayne? Furthermore, who's at number 1...

Oh, was that Brad? You ... killed ... Brad!?

afrocentricity

I await proof, come to think of it I haven't seen Jason on here for a while either. Hope all is well with him...

What are you up to nowadays? aside from knocking off the odd caftard?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
As I said previously infractions are just good for record keeping. And I'm not even sure why we'd want to keep these records. We generally know who the trouble makers without ever referring to the system.

There's a whole lot of difference when you send a PM with a please, thank you which I'm sure gets better results and a lot more respect. I know I have on almost every occasion than an automatic infraction which starts by saying you have received a warning.

There are all types of people on here, from doctors, lawyers, professors, policemen, writers, film makers, etc...I'm sure they don't appreciate being spoken to in the manner an auto infraction does.

Basically a different play on words does the business.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I bet lawyers do, they are fluent in it.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
He is absolutely not a c*ck. Brad is one of the nicest and most polite users, welcoming to newbies, knows his football without being pretentious about it, his postings are always well structured, he is Manchester United through and through and what is more, he's a genuinely pleasant and friendly guy. Sure, he's too passionate at times, but then again who isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.