What is Luis Suarez worth?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
40 mil. A huge cnut but I've seen quite a bit of him for Liverpool and Uruguay. He can play. One of the best dribblers in England, can spot a pass, and has improved his finishing. Sadly a fantastic player and currently is in the pool of RVP, Bale and Mata.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
On ability alone, he's probably worth around £30-35m. His antics arguably reduce that though because a lot of clubs would be put off by his behaviour which has really tarnished Liverpool's reputation.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't know whether its because I don't want to believe it, but I just don't see him as a top player. He's one of the jammiest players I've ever seen. Everything seems to ricochet in his favour.

Disclaimer, it may be a biased view.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't know whether its because I don't want to believe it, but I just don't see him as a top player. He's one of the jammiest players I've ever seen. Everything seems to ricochet in his favour.

Disclaimer, it may be a biased view.

Yeah, it is. Like him or not he's a brilliant, top class footballer who can actually be very enjoyable to watch if you can forget the sort of person he is.

manutddjw

Liverpool have every right to demand the going rate for players of his quality which is around the 50 million that Cavani and Falcao are getting. Unforunately for Liverpool, no matter how many times we told them, Suarez is a cnut and I can see him being disruptive and causing further problems for them if he doesn't get the move he wants. With that being the case, they should probably accept anything north of 40 million for him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Probably he is worth around 50m on today's market. But because of his antics around 40m is a good price for him and a good evaluation. Arsenal should not go higher than that, and if I was a LFC supporter I would be a bit afraid from him situation. A happy Suarez is an accident waiting to happen, just imagine a non happy Suarez.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
In today's market(!), Liverpool are nuts if they sell him for less than 50 million (euros), and if clubs like Real Madrid or Chelsea really want him, that price should be much higher.

SuecoGitano

One thing is what we think he is worth and another is his current market value. The primary is hardly ever as high as the latter. The prices some teams are playing is absolutely crazy...and I think most fans would agree. Having said that, the market price is the most relevant since this is what Liverpool will have to look at in order to replace Suarez.

Considering Cavani went for 63, Higuain for almost 40, Isco for 35, Negredo (I forgot) but around 30?...then Suarez who arguably is the most prolific of them all (at level with Cavani maybe) 'should' probably cost around 40-50 m euro... or even 55

Castia

35m-40m for me. He's a huge cnut but a very good player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
45-50m. They'd get even more if he wasn't such a prick and if he wasn't clearly gonna stir shit up at the club when he doesn't get his move.

Ekeke

He is indeed. Given the prices for Negredo and Higuain I think he's realistically worth £40 million maybe another £5 million in bonuses. Especially if the buying club is Arsenal because they'll never have to pay trophy winning bonuses. Might as well make it an extra £20 million fee if Arsenal win the league

elisha27

I think if the £40m bid had been from Real Madrid, he'd be gone by now. I think it's a fair summation all in all - he's not as good as Cavani, and he certainly comes with baggage.

If Arsenal are prepared to wait until August 31, they'll probably get him for the amount they bid. It would be to Liverpool's detriment to hold onto a player who clearly wants away, especially as Suarez took his first club to court over refusing to sell him to Ajax.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No more than £30m. I don't even think he's worth that.

Really? Earlier I said 30-35m but to be honest thinking about it now £35m would probably be minimum on ability alone. Unless you're taking his antics and his attitude into account, in which case you may have a fair point.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't want to de-rail the Gareth Bale transfer thread, so thought I'd mention his latest rumoured value here. Real apparently bid £86m? Fo' shizzle?

So Bale is now £45,999,999.00 better than Saurez? Didn't feel like it last season. Bale's valuation will not go down well with Wenger. Rodgers should now deffo be looking at the Ronaldo price I've been spouting for Suarez.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol: oil clubs have now fecked the market up even more, IMO. When players like Falcao, Cavani are going for 50M +, Suarez should definitely be close to that "oil" valuation.

Realistically he's probably worth around +-40M gbp.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
25-30m. Despite being very good at football, his controversial behavior and the fact that he doesn't seem to stay at clubs for more than 3-4 years suggests that he shouldn't be worth more than 30m. If he was a model footballer then it would probably be in the low 40s. Wenger is delusional if he thinks Suarez would reform his way just because he plays for Arsenal.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Didn't want to de-rail the Gareth Bale transfer thread, so thought I'd mention his latest rumoured value here. Real apparently bid £86m? Fo' shizzle?

So Bale is now £45,999,999.00 better than Saurez? Didn't feel like it last season. Bale's valuation will not go down well with Wenger. Rodgers should now deffo be looking at the Ronaldo price I've been spouting for Suarez.
If they really bid 86 mill, that's obscene and insane and they should all go and hang their heads in shame. But even if it's true, it doesn't really mean anything in terms of setting a precedent. Transfers haven't done that in a long time - if they ever did. It's enough to mention the Carroll affair for the umpteenth time.

Ronaldo may have been the best player in the world when we sold him to Real, but he wasn't X pounds or Euros better than Y or Z - that will never be a sensible way of looking at it. At the end of the day a player is worth whatever some mug is willing to lay on the table. Usually there's some kind of correlation between price and ability, of course, but it's not a very rigid one - and sometimes there are factors in play beyond footballing matters: Take Hulk and Falcao. Partly owned by third party investors and whatnot, business deals that resemble money laundering more than the buying and selling of football players.

Bebe

Alternatively, Bale is better than Ronaldo. Apparently.

Madrid are idiots for bidding that much, Levy is an idiot for not taking it.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Whatever someone is willing to pay between 25-40. Half that because he's a baggage hauling cnut imo.

The Neviller

£80mil for Suarez? Away and wise yourself up.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It strikes me as odd that a player like Suarez is needed at clubs like Madrid, Bayern and arguably even Barca (if you wanted to push Messi to the right for certain games) but no one seems to be interested and instead we're seeing each of these clubs spend big money in positions they're already strong in (Bayern and Madrid especially).

All of these sides lack a top class striker and pretty much dominate every game they play in, he's an excellent striker even if he is a cnut... but I think his cuntishness has been his downfall here and no one is interested in signing him bar Arsenal.

Suarez would add more to this Madrid side than Bale imo.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
25-30m. Despite being very good at football, his controversial behavior and the fact that he doesn't seem to stay at clubs for more than 3-4 years suggests that he shouldn't be worth more than 30m. If he was a model footballer then it would probably be in the low 40s. Wenger is delusional if he thinks Suarez would reform his way just because he plays for Arsenal.

I would agree with that. Unfortunately he's also Liverpool only top class player at the moment, and they won't let him go so easily. In a normal scenario, you valuation would be pretty accurate.