What is Luis Suarez worth?

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm sure it's boring to hear the truth but you'll hear it said til the shit-bag disloyal cnut breaks his leg (or I get banned).
If you don't find it boring, then go on.

And you probably shouldn't talk if you don't know what it was from ours and his perspective.
Eh? I know that you feel bad that he left you to win the title, but it's not like Pete says that he only performed for 18 months and got paid for 8 years. He played 277 games and scored 132 goals, so far more than 18 months. And at 29 years old he wanted to win some titles.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Cavani and Falcao are both about 20 million better than Suarez.
Havn't seen that much of Cavani or Falcao but they must be some players if they are worth 20m more than Louis Sourface.

Might be a complete rat but he is a great footballer who can score goals, 35 m at least I would say.
How much did Cavani and Falcao cost?

Ekeke

I think there's a good chance Suarez will stay at Liverpoo. However its going to be entertaining to see what he does to sabotage both Liverpool and himself next season as a result of his frustration. Definitely going to be one to watch

Revan

Assumptionman
Havn't seen that much of Cavani or Falcao but they must be some players if they are worth 20m more than Louis Sourface.

Might be a complete rat but he is a great footballer who can score goals, 35 m at least I would say.
How much did Cavani and Falcao cost?
Falcao is better than Suarez, while I think that Cavani is of similar quality to Suarez. Also, they don't come with the mandatory 1/4 of the season ban every year.

But yeah, I think that Suarez (even with his problems) is a 40m player (50m if he wasn't insane). Both Cavani and Falcao cost around 60m EUR.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Okay,fair enough. Nobody can deny the baggage that comes with him.
I still think he is worth a lot of money.

:lol: It's well played Jonno, not a dig at you but anything above 40m as a fan who is still in tussle with whether they want him at the club is a 'yes fecking please' scenario. More worrying will be what the club does with the money.

(If you want to keep him however that is fair enough).

kiristao

On pure ability, he is surely worth 40-50 million. But when you look at all the baggage that he carries with him, somewhere between 25-35 million sounds more realistic.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
so, now Bale is worth £85m+. Did he score 20 more goals than Suarez last season?

Even if you reduce Suarez's value by £10m for being a "add expletives here" that's still £70m-£75m. Markets gone crazy, but still that's the market being set.

Cina

so, now Bale is worth £85m+. Did he score 20 more goals than Suarez last season?

Even if you reduce Suarez's value by £10m for being a "add expletives here" that's still £70m-£75m. Markets gone crazy, but still that's the market being set.
You can't judge what other players are worth by what Real spend.

Anyway, if we did that we could say Andy Carroll cost £35m therefore Bale is probably worth around £500 billion.

Ekeke

Thing is Suarez has made as much effort as possible to get Madrid interested in him. They aren't or don't seem to be

Only they are crazy enough to spend that kind of money on him

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You can't judge what other players are worth by what Real spend.

Anyway, if we did that we could say Andy Carroll cost £35m therefore Bale is probably worth around £500 billion.
Carroll never scored the same number of goals as Bale, neither was he close to being nominated a better player in the same season.

Suarez was better than/as good as/only slightly less better than Bale last season (ring the statement from whichever side of the fence you sit). That's the precendent being set, and thus deciding the values. The Carroll argument is irrelevant here.

alastair

ignorant
I heard from one of my favourite ITks (someone I know at Arsenal who delights in showing me e-mail trails between him and Gazidis to make him look important) today that the reason there's an issue with the supposed release clause is because of the concept of the Champions League. He didn't back any of the following up with evidence, but it's an interesting theory at least.

This clause exists but Liverpool don't actually think we're in the Champions League, because we haven't negotiated the qualifier yet. Arsenal think they are, and thus the transfer has been held up while the lawyers get involved.

Therefore, Arsenal are refusing to pay any more than £40m on the basis that a) they think they've offered enough and b) if we win our qualifier, then we will definitely be in the CL, and then we'll have 4 days to complete the deal anyway.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Also, it's a World Cup year.

That's the whole thing that people are forgetting. He has to play. Liverpool has him over a barrel. I don't think there is anyway they sell to Arsenal and Suarez obviously thought Madrid would have been a knocking by now. I'd keep him for a year no matter what.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Yeah he has to play but ultimately Liverpool can't afford to have him sitting there doing nothing either so the player will, as always, get his way.

alastair

ignorant
Massive leakage from Liverpool tonight across all newspapers that they're not willing to sell and the clause means nothing. Seems very odd and I'm not quite sure what they're trying to do.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Massive leakage from Liverpool tonight across all newspapers that they're not willing to sell and the clause means nothing. Seems very odd and I'm not quite sure what they're trying to do.

"We are 100 per cent confident - there is absolutely no obligation to sell and that is very clear." Pretty much clears up any clause-related queries.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Alastair, the deal for taking the piss with that £1 punt means we will up the offer closer to Bale's value. And if that is laughably unacceptable then please close the door on the way out and stop upsetting our player.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are playing this out correctly. Using loyalty as a chip publicly was the right move. Public opinion matters in this case and Suarez knows it. Going to Arsenal would just mean more bad press. He spoke up and unless RM come in for him then his best move is to stay.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
If Spurs get the Bale money they could make life harder for a CL rival (Arsenal) by entering a bidding war and artificially increasing Suarez's value. Not that Luis will go to Spurs but worth upsetting a rival's plans. Liverpool don't matter in this equation as we're clearly a rival to neither team and less so when Suarez goes.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Liverpool are playing this out correctly. Using loyalty as a chip publicly was the right move. Public opinion matters in this case and Suarez knows it. Going to Arsenal would just mean more bad press. He spoke up and unless RM come in for him then his best move is to stay.
:lol:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
If Spurs get the Bale money they could make life harder for a CL rival (Arsenal) by entering a bidding war and artificially increasing Suarez's value. Not that Luis will go to Spurs but worth upsetting a rival's plans. Liverpool don't matter in this equation as we're clearly a rival to neither team and less so when Suarez goes.
Excellent. £105m for Bale and reported that Spurs may be entering bidding war for Suarez. Cunning, Baldick. Very cunning. :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You'll just lose Suarez and have an even worse team than you currently have. Great master plan.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
[quoteAmolbhatia100, post: 13930852, member: 4910"]You'll just lose Suarez and have an even worse team than you currently have. Great master plan.[/quote]

Yes, Amol. That's what we wanted all along. To sell Suarez. Like you couldn't wait to kick Ronaldo out of OT. :rolleyes:

You can only play the hand you're dealt.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It's impossible to put an exact value on a player, everyone will have different opinions.
In my opinion, given the fact he is our best player, is on a long term deal, the club do not want to sell - LFC are spot on in putting what they feel is a realistic price in place bearing the current transfer market rate, and what other players (ie Cavani) have been sold for.

The club are trying to keep him. Yes he is a nutter, but LFC are holding out it seems for the best price they can get.

Especially as they do not want to strengthen another Premier League club and would have a lot of difficulty in replacing him.

Every right to ask for a fee of £50m, LFC don't want to or have to sell him.
The current transfer market rate you're referring to has been skewed by rich clubs overpaying for strikers. Cavani and Falcao were clearly overpriced and you need to be honest with yourself there. That has made clubs like Spurs pay over the odds for a player like Soldado who is actually worth about 25 at most. Higuain went for close to 40 million and even you can agree that that fee was just outrageous. I'm not saying Suarez isn't worth a lot to you or you shouldn't get the best price for your best player, but the current market this summer has clearly seen clubs being screwed over for money all because a couple clubs started to inflate the market. The thing you need to ask yourself here is what if he gets into trouble again next season and is banned for a few more games, will he still be worth 50 million to you?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The current transfer market rate you're referring to has been skewed by rich clubs overpaying for strikers. Cavani and Falcao were clearly overpriced and you need to be honest with yourself there. That has made clubs like Spurs pay over the odds for a player like Soldado who is actually worth about 25 at most. Higuain went for close to 40 million and even you can agree that that fee was just outrageous. I'm not saying Suarez isn't worth a lot to you or you shouldn't get the best price for your best player, but the current market this summer has clearly seen clubs being screwed over for money all because a couple clubs started to inflate the market. The thing you need to ask yourself here is what if he gets into trouble again next season and is banned for a few more games, will he still be worth 50 million to you?
If he scores another 20+ goals next season with all his antics. Then, no. He'll be worth £60m next season minimum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
[quoteAmolbhatia100, post: 13930852, member: 4910"]You'll just lose Suarez and have an even worse team than you currently have. Great master plan.
Yes, Amol. That's what we wanted all along. To sell Suarez. Like you couldn't wait to kick Ronaldo out of OT. :rolleyes:

You can only play the hand you're dealt.[/quote]
Of course. I just don't see what part of this is cunning. It would be a huge loss for Liverpool to lose Suarez.

Gazza

That's the whole thing that people are forgetting. He has to play. Liverpool has him over a barrel. I don't think there is anyway they sell to Arsenal and Suarez obviously thought Madrid would have been a knocking by now. I'd keep him for a year no matter what.

:lol: Thinking of the wishful variety!

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
CheesDuckin: 13904549 said:
On ability alone, he's probably worth around £30-35m. His antics arguably reduce that though because a lot of clubs would be put off by his behaviour which has really tarnished Liverpool's reputation.
Laugh My Fat fecking Arse Right Off! 35 million max on ability alone. Reduced further to behavior issues. HahahahA.

Bunch of geniuses on here. And really, what the feck were Arsenal smoking. Can I have some? :)