What next for Mourinho?

SAFMUTD

He will most likely finish in PSG or Inter. I think those are his only two big job options right now.

He can do a really good job if given everything he needs, but ultimately he will break evertything apart, so its either PSG aiming to win the UCL with him or go back to Inter where it all worked out great.

I think he is done in England, at least for the top 6.

Listar

He is gone. Let it go.

He failed us as much as we failed him. His 3-5-2 in those two games this season should have gotten him the sack, not the Liverpool game.

SAFMUTD

He will most likely stay in England, unless Bayern comes in. A club like Spurs or even Leicester, can be very attractive projects.
Do you seriously think a manager like him would take a team that does not challenge for any titles such as Leicester?

Or Spurs would take him with Levy in charge?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Do you seriously think a manager like him would take a team that does not challenge for any titles such as Leicester?

Or Spurs would take him with Levy in charge?
Yes. I like Puel as a manager but if things stay average I can see Leicester wanting to make a statement after their owner's departure. They are very rich and I could see them match in terms of style too.

spwd

Feck him, he had the chance to make himself a legendary manager like sir Alex but instead he chose to be a petty petchulant child so who cares.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
With AC Milan failing to get through the group stage of Europa and sitting 4th in Serie A, I would think Gattuso's job could be on the line soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jose take over that role and "try" to bring them back to being a top club in Italy...
He's too much of an Inter legend for that to ever happened. Plus the fans of all the other top teams in Italy hate him.

He didn't endear himself to many during his stint there.

Champagne Football

The career path of failed Utd managers appears to be Real Sociedad then Sunderland. Maybe Jose can take a leaf out of where the last blokes went who failed here.

Canagel

He will most likely finish in PSG or Inter. I think those are his only two big job options right now.

He can do a really good job if given everything he needs, but ultimately he will break evertything apart, so its either PSG aiming to win the UCL with him or go back to Inter where it all worked out great.

I think he is done in England, at least for the top 6.
PSG? :lol:
Good luck convincing Neymar and Mbappe to track back and defend against opposing fullbacks. Not happening at all. And especially PSG is all about the brand there's no way they would want to hire one of the most divisive and volatile managers out there. If you think there were problems at United then imagine how it would be with all the egos in PSG. There would be a non stop drama

T A

Real or PSG (if Tuchel cannot reach CL semi this season). Dont think he would go back to Inter. Juve is so dominant, Jose knows he'd be fecked if doing that.

This isnt like anything having happened before in Jose's career. He totally failed, massively miserable, inexcusably. To fix 'The Special One' image, his next club must be a success, there is no different way.

He cant risk it anymore, not even once. Hence he would go to a club having huge resources and winning potential

SAFMUTD

PSG? :lol:
Good luck convincing Neymar and Mbappe to track back and defend against opposing fullbacks. Not happening at all. And especially PSG is all about the brand there's no way they would want to hire one of the most divisive and volatile managers out there. If you think there were problems at United then imagine how it would be with all the egos in PSG. There would be a non stop drama
PSG has the players to dominate and fill the basket of every team on the french league even with Mourinho’s style, PSG is obssessed with the UCL. Thats why the sacked Emery eventhough they were playing great football, and either we like it or not Mourinho is someone who can drive a time like PSG to win the UCL.

SAFMUTD

Yes. I like Puel as a manager but if things stay average I can see Leicester wanting to make a statement after their owner's departure. They are very rich and I could see them match in terms of style too.

Leicester is no where near as rich as needed nor is an historic or appealing team to attract the top players.

They have zero chance to compete for the throphies Mourinho wants, their cinderella season will not happen again. Their goal is to get to europa league spots, I dont think Mourinho would settle for a team like that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Inter supporters want him back. However inter is now lead by marotta which might be tricky. Then there is portugal and real madrid

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wouldn't take LVG at Feyenoord either if that eases your pain somewhat :)

It has nothing to do with his capacity as a trainer though, I just think he's a cnut. And if I cared about winning so much I wouldn't support Feyenoord ;)

K2K

People keep saying Madrid, but I cant see that.

They might have 4 UCLs recently, but they are really struggling this season so Fiorentino wont have things all his own way. I really think his clashes with the players at Madrid would be even worse than the first time. Especially with them having won so much since he left.

United and Chelsea arent even half comparable to Inter and AC.

I doubt we are even proper rivals
Chelsea and Utd aren't rivals.

However. It's very different in Italy, lots of players have played for both Milan teams, don't think it would be an issue - especially for Jose who has never cared what anyone thinks.

K2K

However. It's very different in Italy, lots of players have played for both Milan teams, don't think it would be an issue - especially for Jose who has never cared what anyone thinks.
I know about the easy movement between rivals in Italy. But Jose seems to genuinely love Inter and they love him back. When he got the United job, he even to Italy to tell Moratti the news personally. That is how close their bond is.

Plus Mourinho is generally despised by the other clubs in Italy. His behaviour while he was there made him a lot of enemies.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Clearly a top premiership team won't take him again. His stock has seriously fallen. Top sides everywhere will have noted the destructive pattern in his management history and the baggage that comes with him

He has to take a break, reflect, and return somewhere where he can reset and rebuild his reputation.

K2K

Clearly a top premiership team won't take him again. His stock has seriously fallen. Top sides everywhere will have noted the destructive pattern in his management history and the baggage that comes with him

He has to take a break, reflect, and return somewhere where he can reset and rebuild his reputation.
Wolves maybe. That would be a good chance to rebuild.

But none of the established big 6 would come anywhere near him.

Bokito

I’d expect him to coach the Portugese NT at some point - maybe after the next Euros, with a year off and some punditry in between.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
PSG has the players to dominate and fill the basket of every team on the french league even with Mourinho’s style, PSG is obssessed with the UCL. Thats why the sacked Emery eventhough they were playing great football, and either we like it or not Mourinho is someone who can drive a time like PSG to win the UCL.
PSG's owners were embarrassed by Ancelotti's Football they are not touching Mourinho with a ten foot pole.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
He needs to sit down and re-evaluate his coaching methods and attitude. He's looked like he's from a completely different era during his spell at OT. However he is still young enough to be successful if his massive ego will let him.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Wolves maybe. That would be a good chance to rebuild.

But none of the established big 6 would come anywhere near him.
Yeh but can you see him taking on Wolves? I think his ego would regard them as below his profile.

He's got to go outside the EPL now I reckon.

Jacko21

I'd be intrigued to see if at his next club his well-worn approach still yields success. I still think it can. But it relies on total buy-in.

There's more than one way to win a football match.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Erm did you see his reaction after beating Juve. He was taunting their fans. He is never joining them
If I were a Juve fan, I wouldn't care at all. Its just the heat of the moment.

I do think coaching a national squad is his way to go. Why?

1. His destructive play is an advantage here. Players can pick it up much quicker than something sophisticated like Guardiola (or even Klopp). However, with a national squad you can't spend that much time with the players. I am not sure that a Guardiola would be a good national manager.
2. He spends less time with the players. Means less opportunity to eff it up with the players. I think he is still a formidable motivator before the matches. Also, if he overthrows himself with a player, he can just denominate him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Milan fans would "welcome" him by burning his car and hounding him out of Italy. Inter fans might even help

stepic

think he's finished in terms of big clubs, unless Real get really desperate. maybe he will go back to Portugal and manage there. he did always talk about ending his career with an international side, not sure whether he thinks he's still too young for that though. he would jump at PSG if offered, but I doubt they do, uness Tuchel messes things up. best to take a break for now and bide his time.

Oggmonster

Wasn't there a video of him in tears when he left Inter? I think he has some kind of affection for the club. I doubt he's to arsed about any of the others but I remember reading he did really enjoy Inter and he was sad to leave.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wasn't there a video of him in tears when he left Inter? I think he has some kind of affection for the club. I doubt he's to arsed about any of the others but I remember reading he did really enjoy Inter and he was sad to leave.
It is easy to get sentimental when you leave a CL trophy behind. I don't think Mourinho really has any club in his heart, just his past achievements with these clubs.