• Liverpool win

Votes: 120 36.1%
  • City win

Votes: 157 47.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 16.6%

• Total voters

Schneckerl

We want Liverpool to win and advance. They will certainly be eliminated in the next round.
I mean the chances for them to win it all are rather low, but that's what I thought in 04/05 too when Liverpool had to face Chelsea and Milan.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Want City to lose tonight cuz then we can beat them at Etihad as Pep will surely rest everyone for that irrelevant game.

Madrid is going to win the CL again. It is their competition and that team is built for it.

Distracted Steward

Liverpool all day and twice on sunday.

They’re a proper rival. For generations they’ve vied with us for the same trophies. There’s bad blood there all the way back to the canal. Still, it’s what they’re not that’s why I’ll root for them in this tie.

They’re not a petro club or a dirty oligarch’s play thing. Hated or not, they’re organically built. They’re up against a cub with despicable ownership and success bought with oil money. City are layers deep in reasons to hate on a moral ground. It’s easy from this side of the Atlantic to say this, but Liverpool don’t have that.

For me, it’s not even close. I hope Liverpool manage to embarrass City.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Crowd trouble, pitch invasion and fans biting players/officials resulting in both teams getting thrown out of tournament and banned for next 10 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think Liverpool winning this game would help us. City will rest many players against us and then they can smash then in second leg.

Theonas

Scout
I mean the chances for them to win it all are rather low, but that's what I thought in 04/05 too when Liverpool had to face Chelsea and Milan.
I think it's a bit different today. The type of teams Chelsea and Milan were suited Liverpool and their profile at the time. Chelsea were basically a better version of them and despite Milan having been technically superior, their game was not exactly a speedy offensive powerhouse. This meant that playing the who flinch first game with one of the best defensive tacticians around gave them a chance.

The equation is different now, City, Bayern, Real and Barcelona are offensively light years ahead of anything last decade. The chances of Liverpool not being outscored against City and then two of the other three are extremely slim.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
City and it's not even close, I live in Liverpool, having to put up with those smug feckers if they got to the semis would be a nightmare.

SwSw

Anyone watching the game tonight?

Is starts at 345am here and i'm not entirely sold on watching.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
City and it's not even close, I live in Liverpool, having to put up with those smug feckers if they got to the semis would be a nightmare.
Imagine them winning. You'd have to stay in for a couple of years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Imagine them winning. You'd have to stay in for a couple of years.
Oh God no, Scousers have such a unique way of being smug too, nice easy win for City who then get torn apart in the semis.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oh God no, Scousers have such a unique way of being smug too, nice easy win for City who then get torn apart in the semis.
Yeah. And actually it would be good semi's with City in it. Nuances everywhere. Barca, Bayern and Madrid.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm thinking Liverpool to win because I think City has a much better chance than Liverpool against the other 3. It's also nicer when the illusion of grandeur is as high as possible with the Liverpool fans.

Toad

Best result would be for City to smash Liverpool in my opinion. Then Peps squad to get banned from Chanpions League football for life for doping. Then picking the next team in alphabetical order to replace them in the CL. Just makes sense.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Liverpool knocks out City over 2 legs they have as much right on being in the semi's as City.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Either way, the very theoretical idea that Liverpool could be within a whisker of a CL final is FAR worse than City actually winning it.
That surprises me. I would expect that most United fans would prefer Liverpool winning the CL to City. Liverpool have won it plenty times in the past and have won it (fairly) recently too. City breaking their duck would surely be worse? Better to let them continue to be a little club with no real pedigree, no?

SirAF

Ageist
That surprises me. I would expect that most United fans would prefer Liverpool winning the CL to City. Liverpool have won it plenty times in the past and have won it (fairly) recently too. City breaking their duck would surely be worse? Better to let them continue to be a little club with no real pedigree, no?
No, no, no, no :p

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's like asking someone would you rather drown or be burned alive?

Liverpool all the way for me!! It's bad enough City having the League Cup and title this season, but to get the Champions League as well?? My brain cannot process that scenario. City have a better chance of progressing to the final than Liverpool so for that reason only and on this occasion, we have to take the pragmatic view and go for a Liverpool win! The earlier City get knocked out the better.

The crushed look of St. Pep would be 100 times more satisfying than the crushed look of Klopp.

Morpheus 7

3.3 draw tonight, city resting players for the weekend. We get a result against city, Liverpool get smacked at the emptyhad and city go out to Real in the next round.

Patrick08

Want Liverpool to win and advance, won't want the press to rub it in if city wins the ucl by chance. Liverpool on the other hand are out next round who ever they face.

J_XO

City will now make sure they divert attention from this and win the league against us :rolleyes:

spwd

If its between these two for the cl id prefer city winning their first to the others getting another, it’s ridiculous now, just think if they had 6 :nono:

Castia

Liverpool win without a doubt.

City get to the semi’s and they’ll be hard to stop....wouldn’t fancy Liverpool as much.

I couldn’t deal with the press wanking over Pep even more and all the City fans at work giving it out. I hate Liverpool but it’s sll about holding City back for me at this moment in time.

NK86

City will now make sure they divert attention from this and win the league against us :rolleyes:
If City get a goal, then I expect Pep to rest almost everyone against us. Should help us.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Well, we’re going to the Etihad at the weekend and City were hoping to put on a party, so this humiliation works for us in the short term at least.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Liverpool win without a doubt.

City get to the semi’s and they’ll be hard to stop....wouldn’t fancy Liverpool as much.

I couldn’t deal with the press wanking over Pep even more and all the City fans at work giving it out. I hate Liverpool but it’s sll about holding City back for me at this moment in time.
Exactly! Hard for some people to understand.