Votes: 120 36.1%
  • City win

Votes: 157 47.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 16.6%

• Total voters

DavidDeSchmikes

What result do I want tonight?
A bore 1-1 draw game, with a dull atmosphere, with multiple players sent off for diving, dissent etc. John Stones to score an own goal in the 88th minute, only for Raheem Sterling to score a 98th equalizer. The majority of the game is both teams playing 'long balls' and 'forward balls'. Salah has a goal ruled off for offside, Sterling gets a second yellow for diving in the 100th minute. In attempting one of his 'no look' shots, Firmino misses an empty net, resulting in a hilarious facepalm. The Sky pundits will be at a loss at how the two greatest teams in the history of world football, could produce such a bad game (Souness blames Mourinho and £100million Pogba). Also Klopp and Pep get sent to the stands for shouting at the 4th official and stepping onto the pitch, with the journos shocked at how these two characters could indulge in such behaviour (never seen before).
Post match interviews will see Pep claiming it was the greatest game he saw, then ending his interview by resigning to fight for Catalonia independence. Klopp meanwhile blames long balls, Jose, that Valencia goal, Man Utd playing Ajax, the pitch, Russia hackers etc..
City and Liverpool get kicked out the CL, with a lucky loser being reinstated in their place, which turns out to be Manchester United (who go on to win the CL winning the final 1-0, by parking the bus, with Jose claiming it to be a 'beautiful victory'
;):D

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I will enjoy following the reactions of whoever gets knocked out. As Liverpool fans will have the most obvious justifications for getting knocked out, it would be funny to see City falter. That said, the media love in with Liverpool would be nauseating.

In regards to the game tonight, I guess I want a result which ensures Pep puts out a weakened team on the weekend. If we win at the Etihad on Saturday it would take a pretty big dip in form to see us giving up 2nd.

Jacko21

City to win both legs, Liverpool to have a crisis of confidence and crash out of the top 4 as a result.

Then City to go onto the CL final where for the first time ever the fans don't boo the anthem, only to get thumped 6-0 and opinion to go back to the CL being a fix/farce/not as good as winning the league anyway.
A City fan I know (for my sins) once described the Champions League 'as not all that.'

The view that City fans have of the Champions League is weird. Though I suspect having no European pedigree does that to a fanbase.

Fully Fledged

Does it matter who wins? I hate Liverpool more than I do City but that doesn't make me want City to win. There isn't an option that I can get behind because at the end of the day either City or Liverpool will move on to the next round and I don't want that. So meh not bothered either way.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Actually, half of them were against Bayern, and the only win he has in a cup final was against Bayern, so that point makes even less sense.

Discounting Bayern finals; he has played against Wolfsburg, Man City and Sevilla. 2 of those teams are teams that are on a low budget themselves. He has lost all 3.

Making out Klopp to have some sort of edge in knockout competitions is nonsensical; especially compared to Guardiola who is one of the best in the business in the CL (almost always gets to the semis). The situation gets even worse when you inspect domestic cup competitions as Klopp has been knocked out of the FA cup by the mighty West Brom, Wolverhampton and West Ham.

14/15 he made it to the final despite his team having having a terrible season to the point of being literally last in the table in January. In 15/16 he mad it to two cup finals despite taking over mid-season and you make it out like that's a sign of weakness.

What I really had in mind when I made that claim isn't his record in finals though, is that his teams are happiest when the opponent tries to play attacking football against them, which all of Bayen, Barca and Real will do (Juventus for example would be a different story). His positive head to head against Real Madrid and all English top clubs bar United; or Tuchel, Pellegrini, Heynckes, Mourinho and Guardiola (in England at least) on a coaching level.

djembatheking

I hope whoever goes through ends up drawing Real Madrid in the semis and Ronaldo scores the winner to knock them out then runs up to the away fans and celebrates in front of them by taking his shirt off to reveal a United shirt underneath .

robinrooney

Liverpool to lose but by the odd goal so that Pep rests players for the United game as he still needs a result next week.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Probably Liverpool as Barca, Real or Bayern would 100% turn them over whereas City could beat any of them.

shield

City need to lose or not win convincingly so that they rest players.

Infra-red

A draw, which leaves the tie in the balance and City needing to rest players at the weekend. Then a physically-draining extra time and an emotionally-crushing defeat in a penalty shootout next week. Haven't decided yet who I want to be on the end of that defeat, mind.

Red cards all round and a punch-up on the touchline too, of course.

tomaldinho1

A City fan I know (for my sins) once described the Champions League 'as not all that.'

The view that City fans have of the Champions League is weird. Though I suspect having no European pedigree does that to a fanbase.
I bet that view has changed now they're actually in the latter stages!

tomaldinho1

A mass brawl leaving both teams decimated by bans and black eyes

OR

0-0 draws in both legs and a never ending penalty shootout that goes well into the next week.

vangagal

City trashing Pool 10-0. Klopp get sent off after slap 4th referee. A mass spitting on to City's player after match leading by Carragher.

snk123

Liverpool have more of a chance to lose from the big guns (Madrid, Bayern, Barca). So I'm rooting for Liverpool for this tie

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I think the semi's would be better with City in them. Bayern, Barca, City and Real would be unreal. Liverpool would have no business being in with those teams. Jordan Henderson and Dejan Lovren in the Champions League semi finals?

Hopefully City batter them.

SirAF

Ageist
Liverpool have more of a chance to lose from the big guns (Madrid, Bayern, Barca). So I'm rooting for Liverpool for this tie
Big mistake. I’ve lived through the horrors of 2005!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
0-17 to Manchester City.

feck Liverpool. I hope they lose every game for the rest of time.

pauldyson1uk

I will be honest , dont want either team anywhere near the CL Semi but one has to be so for me , it as to be City.
I dont get this Liverpool will lose against the bigger clubs, Istanbul proves that is bollocks.
Has a lifelong United fan , routing for Liverpool is WRONG !!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don't mind if City win the CL this year. On the balance of things - they've probably deserved it as much as any of the big 3 thats left.

Liverpool though, I've said it before and I'll say it again, give me cat shit and I'll happily rub it in my eyes before I want to see them lot win anything, let alone the Champions League.

I'm a City fan tonight 100% percent. Mike Summerbee is coming to my house to have coffee and shortbread.

PS - I've met him before, he's actually a nice guy and was one of, if not the best friend of George Best.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
14/15 he made it to the final despite his team having having a terrible season to the point of being literally last in the table in January. In 15/16 he mad it to two cup finals despite taking over mid-season and you make it out like that's a sign of weakness.

What I really had in mind when I made that claim isn't his record in finals though, is that his teams are happiest when the opponent tries to play attacking football against them, which all of Bayen, Barca and Real will do (Juventus for example would be a different story). His positive head to head against Real Madrid and all English top clubs bar United; or Tuchel, Pellegrini, Heynckes, Mourinho and Guardiola (in England at least) on a coaching level.
Well you are correct in that, but it's not something exclusive to knockout competitions. Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern will play attacking but are also teams that soak up pressure and counter attack regularly.

City and maybe Sevilla are the only ones left that try to play on the front foot for the whole game. Every other team changes their tactics depending upon the situation. I thought that City was actually a good draw for Liverpool, because they have already beaten them, which was for the reason you said. City will attack as much as possible which will help them.

Red_Aaron

if you absolutely guaranteed me that they'd be out in the next round i think i'd rather liverpool won this tie (ugh i feel sick)
otherwise it's city all day, i could handle them winning the competition far better than i could the scousers

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
After reading the fecking drivel that someone posted in the campions league thread from a Liverpool fan, i'm reminded way i hate the scousers so much so I've changed my mind.

City to put 10 past them hopefully.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can we have one side going out and the other found to have infringed laws and be expelled from the competition?!!

The Hacker

Liverpool to get destroyed. Duck the weekend. We should be prepared to play their strongest side and prepare to win anyway.

Interesting. When City are playing for example Bournemouth, or Liverpool playing Huddersfield, or anyone else for that matter, I will always support the opposition. As you would expect given the rivalry we have with with both teams.

What I am not going to do is favour one of City or Liverpool tonight and thus be ‘supporting’ the other team. Therefore, as I don’t care who wins, hopefully it will just be a decent game. I have no preference for the result. Albeit, it would be nice if the City players who are playing on Saturday are exhausted from tonight’s match.

SirAF

Ageist
After reading the fecking drivel that someone posted in the campions league thread from a Liverpool fan, i'm reminded way i hate the scousers so much so I've changed my mind.

City to put 10 past them hopefully.
:devil:

Long Ball

Liverpool win, as much as they are still our greatest rivalry, that's built up amongst years of mutual if begrudging respect. its still the match I most look forwards too in the league. that and the recent discovery from this site of how LFC reacted for us when Munich happened.

Plus a victory for the scousers will help rock city for the weekend.

The Purley King

I just cannot stomach the thought of Liverpool winning the CL. So they need to be knocked out asap, ideally in a hugely humiliating fashion.
There will then follow the usual media circle jerk over Pep but I'm used to that now and its preferable to the sycophantic fawning over Liverpool that will happen if they get a result.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I want city to beat them 27-0 only to be knocked out by a Ronaldo triple hat trick in the next round.

Dansk

Can't quite decide. If Liverpool advance, they're much less likely to win the CL than City. However, if they should somehow manage to do so anyway, that would be far worse. City have a real chance to win the whole thing, but it's only a matter of time before they do so anyway. The circumstances surrounding that club's rise are so hollow and shrugworthy that a CL win would be bearable, but it would still be bothersome and they're a lot more likely to actually do it than Liverpool.