• City win

Votes: 157 47.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 16.6%

• Total voters

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Obviously both teams to lose.

If that's not possible, then the weaker team (cough*Liverpool) to fluke a win in the most frustrating way possible.

CA_vampire

We want Liverpool to win and advance. They will certainly be eliminated in the next round. However, if City advances they may win it all and we don't want that.

juggernaut1986

This is like choosing between cancer and heart attack. I want a draw tonight so that City have their eye on the next leg and we capitalize over the weekend. Overall, I want City to progress. Don't think either of them will get past Madrid/Barca/Bayern.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't really imagine 'wanting' any of those two to win, but if i absolutely had to Liverpool to go out.

redshaw

A hard fought draw and near the end a huge fight ensues between the players and both teams get disqualified from the Champions League.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Everyone also thought that Chelsea would have no chance in 2012. I could go on. I can't bear the thought of Liverpool having six. Just can't.
Still, City have a MUCH better chance if they progress.

RD76

I can't bear the thought of the dippers having six and I can't bear the thought of the oil crooks having one.

Either would totally ruin the entire season for me, so come on Real, Barca or Bayern.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Liverpool getting thrashed 5-0 or something ridiculous
would be poetry.
and than us beating City this weekend, I don't want any favour from that littlepool.

and all those who voted for Liverpool should be given a new tag.
Of course by that logic anyone who voted for City should also be given a new tag.

Vanya

IMO city can give the best teams a run for their money at the moment. But Liverpool players and klopp aren't defensively astute or experiencd enough to beat the big boys.

I want to see Liverpool beat city on aggregate and then get thrashed by Bayern Barca or Madrid in the semis.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I would prefer a situation where City demolish Liverpool in both legs before it transpires that Pep has doped his entire first team all season but also bribed both Klopp and the Liverpool squad to lose heavily meaning that either a) both teams are kicked out and both teams from the other fixture get a bye, or b) City are still allowed to progress but are forced to play their reserve team and go onto lose 30-0 on aggregate to Munich.

But seeing as that's highly improbable, I'll just pretend that this match isn't happening and hope that one of them gets humiliated in the next round.

Nero

I hate Liverpool far more than City (by far a bigger rival), but I'm thinking long game. I have more confidence in Madrid/Barca/Bayern dealing with Liverpool than City. So I'd like City out now.

MrBest

I want Liverpool to lose too. There’s big part of me that wants them to get fecking destroyed. But I also want City to need to field their strongest possible team in the second leg. I’m conflicted.
liverpool to win 3 - 0 this leg. CIty field weaker team against us. City win second leg 4 -0 ...

RD76

IMO city can give the best teams a run for their money at the moment. But Liverpool players and klopp aren't defensively astute or experiencd enough to beat the big boys.

I want to see Liverpool beat city on aggregate and then get thrashed by Bayern Barca or Madrid in the semis.
This, all day long.

shaky

I'm getting fairly sick of the Liverpool hype considering the one win against City has been their only remarkable result all season, amongst a pile of draws and defeats from the top league teams and pathetic domestic cup exits. They've been riding City's coat-tails all season with the renewed adoration of attacking football, but unlike City, they haven't had the results to justify all the praise. If Liverpool do somehow start turning it on in the CL now against strong opposition, the media love-in with them and the scouse smugness will be dialled up beyond all recognition, so I'd love to see City put them firmly back in their place.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I want neither of them to win the whole thing. Liverpool going through here poses much less of a danger of either winning the CL.
I think it's about even. City are of course the better team, but Klopp's tactics and his motivational skills come to full fruition in these knockout matches.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think it's about even. City are of course the better team, but Klopp's tactics and his motivational kills come to full fruition in these knockout matches.
That must be why he has a horrible record in finals?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Liverpool to win tonight, City to field a weakened team on the weekend against us, then City to win the tie.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think it's about even. City are of course the better team, but Klopp's tactics and his motivational skills come to full fruition in these knockout matches.
Pep has much better team and much better CL record. It’s not close.

Kylar Stern

City to win both legs, Liverpool to have a crisis of confidence and crash out of the top 4 as a result.

Then City to go onto the CL final where for the first time ever the fans don't boo the anthem, only to get thumped 6-0 and opinion to go back to the CL being a fix/farce/not as good as winning the league anyway.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ideally City will annihilate Liverpool to such an extent that it actually stops being fun and becomes rather sad.

Kag

I want Liverpool to be smashed into smithereens.

Pummelled to the extent that every single player is crying their eyes out on the field, while their fans froth at the mouth with anger and despondency. Basically, Liverpool to lose, every single time.

I'm feeling rational today.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That must be why he has a horrible record in finals?
Most of those finals were with Dortmund against Bayern who had about twice his budget, yet they were close affairs.

Pep has much better team and much better CL record. It’s not close.
That's obviously true, but I'm thinking mostly about his time at Bayern and his performance in the later knock-out stages wasn't that impressive, especially away from home.

montpelier

Liverpool so completely humiliated that Klopp is forced to resign because of the shame of it.

Also, they cop another hammering in the 2nd leg & then plunge into total abject football oblivion for the next 40 years.

Openshaw53

I can assure all that all my mates and family inc me , most of them match goers want a Liverpool win in both games.

Liverpool will get battered in a semi can't say that of the bitters unfortunately.

Sterling Archer

liverpool to win 3 - 0 this leg. CIty field weaker team against us. City win second leg 4 -0 ...
This is actually a pretty good scenario for us. Liverpool out. Set up for a United league win at City.

From an annoyance standpoint, Klopp has been more cringeworthy from what I remember this season. And I still consider Liverpool bigger rivals.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Most of those finals were with Dortmund against Bayern who had about twice his budget, yet they were close affairs.
Actually, half of them were against Bayern, and the only win he has in a cup final was against Bayern, so that point makes even less sense.

Discounting Bayern finals; he has played against Wolfsburg, Man City and Sevilla. 2 of those teams are teams that are on a low budget themselves. He has lost all 3.

Making out Klopp to have some sort of edge in knockout competitions is nonsensical; especially compared to Guardiola who is one of the best in the business in the CL (almost always gets to the semis). The situation gets even worse when you inspect domestic cup competitions as Klopp has been knocked out of the FA cup by the mighty West Brom, Wolverhampton and West Ham.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I voted for Liverpool to win, but it took me a while to come to that conclusion.

crossy1686

career ending
Liverpool to win over two legs please. They'll get absolutely despatched by Madrid, Barca or Bayern in the next round and that will be more entertaining to watch.

SAFTHEGREAT

The best result would be for Liverpool to win the game with more than 2 goals. Not only will they face Barca or Madrid or Bayern in the semis and go out but also City will lose and probably be on the backfoot for our game. I want us to beat City on Saturday and keep them waiting for one more week. It is something that we deserve for all the criticism we have taken through the hard times against Sevilla. Sevilla went on to draw against Barcelona at home in La Liga following the win against us. I think we need to focus and get one over City at the Ethiad. If there is someone who can break City, it is only we and Liverpool apart from the other European giants of course.

2-0 or 3-0 Liverpool and 1-2 at the weekend will suffice.