What should we do for the right wing if we don't get Sancho in the upcoming window?

ECantona_7

Ihattaren. He can also play in the center when Bruno is suspended or injured.

cptkeane1993

What about Zaha? He's proven in the premier league and if he can do it at defensive-minded Palace, then every chance he'll enjoy himself more in an attacking United team, plus will get to reignite the partnership with his old mate AWB. With a point to prove himself at the highest level, he'll also bring with him the necessary hunger. And he can play both wings if I'm not wrong.

It will also (A) ensure Greenwood has plenty of game time (with Sancho, the RW would've been untouchable so long as he is fit and on form) and (B) it frees up funds ~50M to invest elsewhere, which will help with our squad-building effort. We need this to be able to compete properly in the league and in the champions league instead of running our first XI into the ground. What I feel we need:

- a CB to replace the crocks that are Jones and Bailly and challenge Lindelof for a starting berth;
- a fullback to back-up Shaw and AWB alongside Williams; and
- a creative midfielder to rotate with Fernandes and Pogba

Sancho not working out is disappointing but we need to move on and make the best of it. The club did the right thing of not splashing the cash and breaking the British transfer record during the worst crisis in modern history.

Red_Orchestra

My vote is for Adama Traore, we need a winger that tracks back, drops deep and picks up play. Assuming that we play 4231 throughout, having two identical wingers in Rashford and Greenwood would isolate players.

Marcus

My vote is for Adama Traore, we need a winger that tracks back, drops deep and picks up play. Assuming that we play 4231 throughout, having two identical wingers in Rashford and Greenwood would isolate players.
He is not going to come cheap though. If we go for him, this would mean that we would have given up on Sancho.

Redcy

Traore will be 60m
Zaha has to be 90m
Chiesa seems the obvious choice at 60m

messi is a one trick pony

DSG

Mason Greenwood.

He had 48 appearances for us. I would expect him to get more, which is a lot for an 18 year old. I think we need another option to play along the front 4. Wouldn’t mind Costa or Coman, an experienced player where the drop off isn’t that steep vs James. Perisic?

Marcus

Wow. Just decided to Google Patson Daka after he scored 2 goals against Liverpool. Seems a very talented and fast 2-footed player. Could be a cheaper alternative to Sancho.

croadyman

Wow. Just decided to Google Patson Daka after he scored 2 goals against Liverpool. Seems a very talented and fast 2-footed player. Could be a cheaper alternative to Sancho.
NO after the Messi stuff tonight enough with looking at Sancho alternatives that just cannot be a consideration now

Crashoutcassius

Lot of people saying memphis who is a left winger or striker... What about januzaj if we have a similar low buy back on him ? Been playing regularly on the right wing for a few years now. I haven't seen much of him but seems likely he is the type ole could get a tune out of

M16Red

Lot of people saying memphis who is a left winger or striker... What about januzaj if we have a similar low buy back on him ? Been playing regularly on the right wing for a few years now. I haven't seen much of him but seems likely he is the type ole could get a tune out of
I'm a huge fan of Januzaj, but sadly he has not kicked on at all. When ever I watch him, I find myself more excited by Alexander Isak he is a target man that likes to link up play.

My favourite at the moment is Moussa Diaby for that RW spot if Sancho is not achievable

He reminds me of another player who plays in red and is a very powerful runner and explosive

Craig Ward

I'm a huge fan of Januzaj, but sadly he has not kicked on at all. When ever I watch him, I find myself more excited by Alexander Isak he is a target man that likes to link up play.

My favourite at the moment is Moussa Diaby for that RW spot if Sancho is not achievable

He reminds me of another player who plays in red and is a very powerful runner and explosive
Isak looks far too raw and clumsy for us to consider.

I've mentioned Diaby in another thread - he looks a great player. We should be targeting him for sure

M16Red

Isak looks far too raw and clumsy for us to consider.

I've mentioned Diaby in another thread - he looks a great player. We should be targeting him for sure
Never said we should sign him, just said he out shines Januzaj.

Yeah #Diabyplus1

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If we don’t get Sancho, go dutch;
Memphis, van de Beek and Jetro Willems.

Josep Dowling

What a depressing thread.
Just thinking that. The main suggestions being Memphis and Januzaj who both failed at the club already.

For me it’s Sancho or if we cannot afford him, trust Greenwood for a season and try to get some depth in the squad. We need better quality on the bench. Surely we can get a better striker than Oghalo.

croadyman

Just thinking that. The main suggestions being Memphis and Januzaj who both failed at the club already.

For me it’s Sancho or if we cannot afford him, trust Greenwood for a season and try to get some depth in the squad. We need better quality on the bench. Surely we can get a better striker than Oghalo.
If he could prove his fitness then would go Dembele on loan deal with obligation to buy at end of the season. Think he would link up well with his international team mates

Redcy

If he could prove his fitness then would go Dembele on loan deal with obligation to buy at end of the season. Think he would link up well with his international team mates
How would he prove his fitness? His issue seems to be that he plays 5 games and then is off for 5 weeks

Reiver

Just retire the RW position at the club. We've went so long without a proper one it already feels like it. Just make it official.

sp_107

Take Lingard off the list and James definitely needs to go out on loan somewhere
Means 2 out of 3 last summer signings are not that great ?

James no good and we need an upgrade on AWB as his attacking style doesnt suit to us ?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Stengs looks like he’s going to be a good player.

left footed too.
He would disappoint at the moment. He’s not near United quality and while I’m sure he’ll have a good career he’s not quick enough with the ball IMO to be a PL winger of world class levels. He’d be better suited to Italy or Spain.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He would disappoint at the moment. He’s not near United quality and while I’m sure he’ll have a good career he’s not quick enough with the ball IMO to be a PL winger of world class levels. He’d be better suited to Italy or Spain.
He isn’t ready but I still think he could be a great signing before he fully breaks out. He could rotate with either side with greenwood and Rashford until sancho is ready to come back. We seem to be targeting young players again at least so I’m sure the scouts have seen him either way. I just like the way he plays. Head up. Fast. Good direct dribbler. Left footed. He’s obviously inconsistent but if he can put it all together he’ll have his choice of clubs and i fear by then it may be too late

ArjenIsM3

He isn’t ready but I still think he could be a great signing before he fully breaks out. He could rotate with either side with greenwood and Rashford until sancho is ready to come back. We seem to be targeting young players again at least so I’m sure the scouts have seen him either way. I just like the way he plays. Head up. Fast. Good direct dribbler. Left footed. He’s obviously inconsistent but if he can put it all together he’ll have his choice of clubs and i fear by then it may be too late
Sounds like Chong.

Icemav

at this precise moment in time it wouldnt have been the worst play have signed Willian. great cover and doesnt block a future Sancho move.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sounds like Chong.
I think he’s a good bit more advanced physically than Chong but he’s only a year older. I wonder what Chong would be like now if he stayed in Holland. He’d be playing more and would probably have had to bulk up a bit. Feyenoord weren’t happy losing him by all accounts but it seems to me our foreign youth players are mostly more kind of punts than anything nailed on. Hannibal seems like he’s the real deal but that was obviously reflected in his price and hype.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Watched him and Koopmeiners all season. Stengs would disappoint Koop would not.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Boga: Very talented, easier to rotate with Greenwood/Rashford. Inexpensive too.

Icemav

What's wrong with Greenwood?
Not much but he is not going to start every game and James has a lot of improving to do. Also would be good if can move to the left when Rashford is underperforming. Our left side actually killed us the last few games once Shaw went down.

Last edited:

marktan

Saint Maximin. Right footed but can play right wing, can best a man for ease and end product will improve.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Strengthen other areas and go for Sancho next summer.
Hopefully he can be the last missing piece by then.