What should we do for the right wing if we don't get Sancho in the upcoming window?

Champagne Football

Marcus Edwards? 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 starts (1602 minutes) for Vitoria de Guimaraes. British (ex-Spurs). 21 years old. Most dribbles per match in Liga NOS. Left-footer who plays from the right. £20m at most.
He's known to have serious attitude and discipline issues. Spurs were delighted to offload him.

Adama Traore would cost almost same as Sancho. Wolves are not a selling club anymore. They've set the Raul jiminez price at £100 million.

I think David Brooks and Matondo are our only realistic Plan B options. Buendia and Ferran Torres possibilities too.

Infra-red

If Sancho doesn't come, we should go for Adama Traore. At 24, he is just coming into his peak now. I don't think he would be ineffective against deep defences, because as we have seen, he can easily beat a man and is lightning quick off a stand still. His cross for Jimenez' goal v West Ham is an example of what he could bring to us.

Under Nuno's guidance, he looks to be putting his game together very well. He can be one of the best in the future if he carries on this trajectory.
Lack of goal threat is perhaps something of a concern, though. He's a fantastic dribbler and every leftback in the league must hate playing against him, but I'm not sure that the end product is quite there.

Nickelodeon

I would want a Rashford mirror on the RW. Preferably a left footer who can come inside and someone who's a goal threat. Someone like Riyad Mahrez would be absolutely perfect.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Lack of goal threat is perhaps something of a concern, though. He's a fantastic dribbler and every leftback in the league must hate playing against him, but I'm not sure that the end product is quite there.
I thought his end product was lacking before too, but he's rapidly improving. His decision making is much better now. He keeps it simple, kind of like how Valencia was for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think hes developing that side a lot this season and is turning into a bit of an unplayable guy when on it (which has been often this season). Also think its very unrealistic we would buy him this summer as an alternative (and price would be massive).

Lee565

There aren't a great deal of other options though I think the obvious one that the club seemed to ignore was ziyech and olmo and both would have been so cheap in the current inflated market.

Oyarzable would be my second choice behind sancho at this moment in time followed by traore.

Ace of Spades

There are many options, and it all depends on what type of player we want.

I would still rather just go for Sancho though, if possible.

Scholsey2004

If we don't sign Sancho then I'd groom Greenwood to make him the starter on the right. Martial has nailed down the number 9 spot going forward imo and changing that would be counterproductive.. Obviously Greenwood could be Martials backup but wouldn't having him as a first choice starter make more sense?

Mr Smith

If we don't sign Sancho then I'd groom Greenwood to make him the starter on the right. Martial has nailed down the number 9 spot going forward imo and changing that would be counterproductive.. Obviously Greenwood could be Martials backup but wouldn't having him as a first choice starter make more sense?
Not for me. He's 18, and not a natural winger. His average position in the game against Sheffield showed him taking up the same kind of positions Mata does when he plays RW; ie he doesn't hold the width. More to the point, Martial and Rashford don't have great injury records and we need depth.

I'm a big fan of Greenwood and I really think he can become a top player for us, but he's not the answer on the RW IMO. I will not consider it acceptable for us to start next season without having signed a right winger; it's been 6 fecking years.

KennyBurner

Id rather do this also. Id rather we ahve a left footed inside forward and none of the suggestions Ive seen in this thread fit the bill. Traore is a winger which we dont want. We want an iside forward/playmaker that can cut in or go wide.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not for me. He's 18, and not a natural winger. His average position in the game against Sheffield showed him taking up the same kind of positions Mata does when he plays RW; ie he doesn't hold the width. More to the point, Martial and Rashford don't have great injury records and we need depth.

I'm a big fan of Greenwood and I really think he can become a top player for us, but he's not the answer on the RW IMO. I will not consider it acceptable for us to start next season without having signed a right winger; it's been 6 fecking years.
This./

We are severely lacking attacking depth whilst Rashford & Martial won’t stay fit for a whole season.

Sancho is the primary target but if that transfer doesn’t come to fruition I hope our scouts have supplied attacking alternatives.

It’s imperative we add attacking quality in the transfer window.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Looks like more and more people are coming round to Adama Traore not being like Dan James and actually a very good PL winger.

Say what you want about him he’s consistently been changing games for Wolves he’s like a Mortal Kombat finisher!

ECantona_7

Facundo Pellestri

Great dribbler and his passing is better than Adama Traore.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I still say Willian on a free and Sancho next summer.

Stay with the original target and the player the manager wants.

Willian has looked really fit and energetic since football came back. He would be a fantastic option.

There are goals in Martial, Rashford and Bruno. We could do with someone who connects the midfield to attack, a willing runner who is also a good footballer with PL experience. A natural RW who can provide what we lack.

He would be a great free transfer and allow fund to be spent elsewhere in this window.

Black Rick

I still say Willian on a free and Sancho next summer.

Stay with the original target and the player the manager wants.

Willian has looked really fit and energetic since football came back. He would be a fantastic option.

There are goals in Martial, Rashford and Bruno. We could do with someone who connects the midfield to attack, a willing runner who is also a good footballer with PL experience. A natural RW who can provide what we lack.

He would be a great free transfer and allow fund to be spent elsewhere in this window.
Steven Gerrard said in a recent interview that during the Liverpool-Tottenham-Chelsea-Willian chase of 2013, the specific reason Willian's camp gave for turning down Liverpool was that he, and especially his wife, wanted to live in London.

Nothing has changed today:
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/wil...lsea-contract-nears/jvwtyml01xei1ic75xvc6w3rv

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Steven Gerrard said in a recent interview that during the Liverpool-Tottenham-Chelsea-Willian chase of 2013, the specific reason Willian's camp gave for turning down Liverpool was that he, and especially his wife, wanted to live in London.

Nothing has changed today:
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/wil...lsea-contract-nears/jvwtyml01xei1ic75xvc6w3rv
That’s disappointing. A lot wouldn’t want him here anyway, but I rate him and think he’s a really good footballer.

No point bringing in someone who doesn’t want to be away from life in London, even for a few years.

Sea-Cow

I thought Buendia was pretty disappointing on Saturday. Have to give some allowances for the circumstances I guess, but I expected better.

Did he trouble Luke once?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I thought Buendia was pretty disappointing on Saturday. Have to give some allowances for the circumstances I guess, but I expected better.

Did he trouble Luke once?
Luke was caught out of position once and I think Fred had to come bail him out against Buendia?

Fosu-Mens

Zaniolo (Roma needs the cash), Matheus Pereira (If West Brom does not get promoted) or Adam Ounas given his ability to play behind the striker.

Use the rest of the money on a LB/CDM/CB etc.

James Peril

Would be incredibly disappointing to miss out on Sancho, but would understand it if he stayed at Dortmund or moved to a better club than United at this moment in time - the manager also has a lot to say here, not sure if players see Solskjær as someone that will win them trophies. Would not really want Adama Traore, I just don’t see the football intelligence for him to become a top player. Fantastic entertainment, speed and power, but I’ve seen so many wasted chances because he can’t pick out the obvious pass on his left. Countless shots to row Z, overhit crosses that go out for throw-ins on the other side. His assist last week was brilliant, but that’s not the norm for him is it. Would love him as an impact sub, but that’s not the kind of fee they will be asking for is it.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Zaniolo (Roma needs the cash), Matheus Pereira (If West Brom does not get promoted) or Adam Ounas given his ability to play behind the striker.

Use the rest of the money on a LB/CDM/CB etc.
Zaniolo would be risky because of his injury. Pereira is like a left footed Sancho.

Sea-Cow

Luke was caught out of position once and I think Fred had to come bail him out against Buendia?
Yeah that sounds familiar.

It was only one game but Cantwell easily outshone him, even without the goal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Federico Chiesa or Ferran Torres..
I've read a few bits that suggest he may end up more centrally. Wasn't there an article going round that Bout said he was being played in the wrong position when we was scouting their game?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've read a few bits that suggest he may end up more centrally. Wasn't there an article going round that Bout said he was being played in the wrong position when we was scouting their game?
Tbh mate if Bout suggested that then I'd tend to believe him due to his very clear expertise in the field. But from the little I've seen him he looks a very good attacker down the flank.

Juventus in negotiations to sign him though according to Onda Cero.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Tbh mate if Bout suggested that then I'd tend to believe him due to his very clear expertise in the field. But from the little I've seen him he looks a very good attacker down the flank.

Juventus in negotiations to sign him though according to Onda Cero.
I found the article in the end, I he was just saying that he didn't like him playing on the left and then there was another article expanding upon that.

He'd be a bit more of a gamble than Sancho, but he looks very promising. I think him and Chiesa are on our alternatives list.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I want Greenwood to be the first choice replacement for both RW and No.9 position. But making him first choice would be unnecessary pressure.
I think the situation now is different to be under unnecessary pressure unlike before Bruno and Pogba where we were falling out for a saviour