What should we do for the right wing if we don't get Sancho in the upcoming window?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I want Greenwood to be the first choice replacement for both RW and No.9 position. But making him first choice would be unnecessary pressure.
I think the situation now is different to be under unnecessary pressure unlike before Bruno and Pogba where we were falling out for a saviour

Nickelodeon

I think the situation now is different to be under unnecessary pressure unlike before Bruno and Pogba where we were falling out for a saviour
When we make a player, particularly a forward, a part of our first team, it is natural to have certain expectations regarding the end output. I'm fairly certain that Greenwood would be able to deliver on them. But any downturn in form would put him right under the scanner. As we've seen with many other players, our players have a special attention from pundits especially when it comes to a loss of form. That can only be detrimental for Greenwood.

If there are two situations, either Greenwood is first choice and is trusted to deliver or he's the first choice replacement for RW and ST and is pushing to become the first choice. I would opt for the latter.

Pavl3n

When we make a player, particularly a forward, a part of our first team, it is natural to have certain expectations regarding the end output. I'm fairly certain that Greenwood would be able to deliver on them. But any downturn in form would put him right under the scanner. As we've seen with many other players, our players have a special attention from pundits especially when it comes to a loss of form. That can only be detrimental for Greenwood.

If there are two situations, either Greenwood is first choice and is trusted to deliver or he's the first choice replacement for RW and ST and is pushing to become the first choice. I would opt for the latter.
That's the case right now. The only difference is we don't have a first choice RW. James' end product inferior to Mason's and keep in mind James has played more minutes.
Mason has bulked up during lockdown and he's finding it easier to hold off defenders and doesn't let to be bullied. I'm really curious how his developement will go from now until the end of the season.

If we fail to land Sancho, we still should look for a right wide player of quality. James doesn't cut it yet and Chong doesn't seem ready.

Nickelodeon

That's the case right now. The only difference is we don't have a first choice RW. James' end product inferior to Mason's and keep in mind James has played more minutes.
Mason has bulked up during lockdown and he's finding it easier to hold off defenders and doesn't let to be bullied. I'm really curious how his developement will go from now until the end of the season.

If we fail to land Sancho, we still should look for a right wide player of quality. James doesn't cut it yet and Chong doesn't seem ready.
Greenwood is absolute quality. He seems absolutely perfect yesterday in his role. Now I'm having second thoughts whether we need Sancho or not. But overall I feel one more quality wide player is definitely needed to limit James' minutes.

Pavl3n

Greenwood is absolute quality. He seems absolutely perfect yesterday in his role. Now I'm having second thoughts whether we need Sancho or not. But overall I feel one more quality wide player is definitely needed to limit James' minutes.
Yeah, he was really good, but yeah - we need to bring someone to keep him on his toes. Preferably Sancho :wenger:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Seen some say we don't need Sancho because of Greenwood. I think we should still go for Sancho though but if the asking price is beyond us then because of Greenwoods performances, an RW that isn't Sancho doesn't seem as heartbreaking as before

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Jeremie Boga was strongly linked, by good sources last week. Has been excellent this season. if Sancho is out of reach Boga wouldn’t be a bad shout as he’d probably be more willing to work in the rotation. Anyway, a rotation of Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood is going to give all of them plenty of games, surely?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Jeremie Boga was strongly linked, by good sources last week. Has been excellent this season. if Sancho is out of reach Boga wouldn’t be a bad shout as he’d probably be more willing to work in the rotation. Anyway, a rotation of Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood is going to give all of them plenty of games, surely?
Greenwood's emergency has really helped us. We can now look like we don't need Sancho and target other RWs to make Dortmund uncomfortable

TheLord

It is all about the intent. If United’s intent is to take the field next season aiming to challenge for the Premier League and/or the Champions League, we should try to sign Sancho. If finishing in top-four next season will do, the 18-year-old kid is good enough. Greenwood will only get better with each passing season.

Mark Pawelek

Kamil Jóźwiak, at Lech Poznań. Contract to June 2022. 22 years (DoB: 22 April 1998). 7 goals, 4 assists in 32 Polish top league matches this season, over 2680 minutes. Fast, very right-footed. Winger.