Whatever happens we have a nest of vipers in the dressing room

Lentwood

Why? They haven't downed tools or stopped trying. They are just being hung out to dry week-in, week out by a manager who is asking them to commit professional hari-kari every week

FahadiHossein

I don't blame them. Even a stuck-in-the basement Stevie Wonder at nighttime can see that the tactical setup for this season has been disastrous.
I have had bosses who asked me to do useless stuff and not produce any results/deliverables in the end. It really sucked the energy/motivation when you realize that no matter how hard you work, your work is not producing the results or the outcomes, and the person who made the decision is not aware of it.

Tbf their were stories of concerns about ole’s coaching and training being outdated by our foreign players very early on… but people were still hyped by that run and that night in Paris so it was pretty much ignored

Moonwalker

It's remarkable how this 'story' functions as persuasive explanation to people in almost any context, despite not a single believable element to it. There's almost a dreamlike quality to it, where individuals can interchange, but you attribute actions to them as if they were the same person throughout. A nest of vipers; they did this to Ron Atkinson too, and they are doing it again.

We don't need a manager so much a Director of Reptile Extermination, and until we get one I'm done with this club.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
When you have a top class manager, your dressing room suddenly becomes full of leaders and when he's not up to scratch they become 'vipers'
When we had Kovac, there were plenty snakes in our dressing room. Now they are suddenly gone. Though the only thing changing was the coach.
Good players are ambitious. If they have cause to believe that those ambitions are being jeopardised, they’ll react. It’s just normal.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I tend to agree, although I can see it´s a tough call when the option is Lindelöf + Bailly + Telles. But yeah, that was what I was asking for as well after the Leicester game. Basically, we need Varane back soon as hell.
These are experienced Internationals, paid 10's of thousands per week to form our squad.
The whole point of having a squad is for circumstances such as these, or if the manager doesn't fancy them, then why are they not for sale, instead of getting contract renewals (in the case of Bailly)

ExoduS

Martial and Pogba need to go. Nothing positive from these two. Hopefully it will be good for them and for us.

Blood Mage

The players have every right to be concerned about the complacent attitude of our board towards Ole and to try and force change themselves. It's not like Ole is doing brilliantly but they're trying to force him out due to personal dislike.

Laurencio

You're not wrong... but also he badly wants Zidane to become United manager.
Who wouldn't. But Zidane isn't going to go near something as risky and toxic as us. Nothing seems to be right, coaching, management (higher up too), or mentality. We look incompetent from top to bottom.

If we could actually get Zidane, I really don't think Ole would still have a job.

When the board doesn't pull the trigger and you are managed by an amateur players will rebel. It's only natural.

At least shows some ambition from the players when fans and board lowered the bar to rock bottom. Of course Pogba would've helped his case if he actually put that ambition on the pitch and not only off it.
How hard is it for a player to voice his issues internally and stay professional? Just not sign the contract, leave without spending 6 months on the "will he/won't he" nonsense. Do you see Ronaldo threatening to throw a temper tantrum? What about De Gea? Or Varane?

No it's Pogba, always Pogba. You don't think Ronaldo has told Ole to his face that the coaching and tactics are shit? Of course he has - but it didn't turn into a media circus. I expect a lot of players have told him that to his face - which is completely fair. This though? First his nonsense post match and now this? It all reeks of Raiola honestly. The Conte press release, the leaks from the dressing room, briefing of Sky Italy.

It is beyond embarrasing that the media has been briefed - seemingly by a "key" player. What kind of joke of a club are we running? Let us sack the manager without all this nonsense - he won't survive this anyway, but christ give our incompetent board a week or two to find a replacement - they obviously weren't prepared for this, all this does is make us an even bigger joke.

Can you imagine what SAF would have done to him? He jumped a desk to fight Roy Keane because he was criticising his teammates publicly, Pogba would be dead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When we had Kovac, there were plenty snakes in our dressing room. Now they are suddenly gone. Though the only thing changing was the coach.
Good players are ambitious. If they have cause to believe that those ambitions are being jeopardised, they’ll react. It’s just normal.
Absolutely

sparx99

They threw Mourinho under the bus briefing the media to get rid of him and are now doing the same with Solksjaer.
There were similar tales under LVG and Moyes - it's clear we have a rotten bunch of prima donnas who are not prepared to accept blame.
The likes of Maguire and Shaw regularly put in dreadful performances and then slabber on social media about making it right and keeping the faith.
We need clowns like them out - surely if it's the end for Solksjaer it should also be the end for most of the frauds wearing United shirts these days like Maguire, Shaw, Lindelof, Fred, McTominay, AWB and Martial who simply are not good enough.
There aren’t that many still around from Mourinho’s time is there?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This thread is nonsense. Theyll be fine under a normal competent manager. The dressing room is far from an issue. If it was a problem, there would have been far more noise about how the club with the biggest wage budgets and biggest year after year net spend is barely scraping top 4 while getting routinely embarrassed in the Champions League and going 4 years without winning a trophy. I'd say that's more than worthy of a full meltdown that just never happened because the players are actually a pretty good group of people who try, but either not good enough because of them or more obviously, because the manager and coaching staff.

Enigma_87

You know who
Who wouldn't. But Zidane isn't going to go near something as risky and toxic as us. Nothing seems to be right, coaching, management (higher up too), or mentality. We look incompetent from top to bottom.

If we could actually get Zidane, I really don't think Ole would still have a job.

How hard is it for a player to voice his issues internally and stay professional? Just not sign the contract, leave without spending 6 months on the "will he/won't he" nonsense. Do you see Ronaldo threatening to throw a temper tantrum? What about De Gea? Or Varane?

No it's Pogba, always Pogba. You don't think Ronaldo has told Ole to his face that the coaching and tactics are shit? Of course he has - but it didn't turn into a media circus. I expect a lot of players have told him that to his face - which is completely fair. This though? First his nonsense post match and now this? It all reeks of Raiola honestly. The Conte press release, the leaks from the dressing room, briefing of Sky Italy.

It is beyond embarrasing that the media has been briefed - seemingly by a "key" player. What kind of joke of a club are we running? Let us sack the manager without all this nonsense - he won't survive this anyway, but christ give our incompetent board a week or two to find a replacement - they obviously weren't prepared for this, all this does is make us an even bigger joke.

Can you imagine what SAF would have done to him? He jumped a desk to fight Roy Keane because he was criticising his teammates publicly, Pogba would be dead.
Fergie and Ole should never be compared. SAF earned his weight and Ole is just so out of place it's unreal.

The bolded part - we should not be hesitant to pull the trigger. Why do we need time to sack an incompetent manager - just do it and put a caretaker for 1-2-3 weeks. It's not like he could be any shittier at the job.

Why all the prep to do a basic job is beyond me. When we stall it's only natural to see quotes like these popping left, right and center. As soon as you prolong it it will stink a lot more. We're in social media times and everything will blow for matter of seconds let alone weeks...

JanK

Supports
Napoli
It's mandatory that winners and ambitionists want to achieve the ultimate greatness and everyone standing on their way must be removed. I'd be more concerned if we had a squad who'd be content with current form.

redIndianDevil

For fecks sake. Any player respects and plays well for a decent manager or coach who makes them good.

Not certain, but most likely Pep played with some of the Barca players he managed.

Besides Ole is older than people realise. He’s in the same age as most of the current elite managers, the truth is he just doesn’t have the personality, he doesn’t have the “presence” and he’s brain isn’t wired like high achieving football manager. Like Carragher said it’s not an insult or disrespectful to say someone isn’t good enough…

He loves and cares for the club? If that’s your prerequisite for success, then if you ever need medical attention don’t go to a Dr / Surgeon go to whoever loves you most.

redIndianDevil

Exactly this. Players have limited time in their careers and especially at top clubs and at their peak years, they want to play at their best. They don't want to waste their time playing for a guy who didn't deserve to get this job.

LARulz

So they shouldn't complain if the boss is shit? Do you sit at work and always praise your boss and not get pissed?

redIndianDevil

What a silly logic. First of all OGS isn't fit to tie SAF's shoes in management. So its obvious he doesn't have the same standing with the players.

Polar

Don’t think SAF had to care about social media and fake news.

Would’ve been fun to watch SAF realise it was fake news after he jumped to fight Roy Keane :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't blame the players at all. If you look around and see what other managers are doing and you're having a dud as a manager, you have full right to challenge it.

Nobody wants to lose on purpose.

Laurencio

What a silly logic. First of all OGS isn't fit to tie SAF's shoes in management. So its obvious he doesn't have the same standing with the players.
It would be if I was comparing the two. I was talking about what we should accept from players at the club. I don't find behaviour like that acceptable - no matter who the manager is. The SAF mention is merely nostalgic musings.

Flytan

It seemed very good until recently. Maybe we shouldn’t take the content of Pogba’s campaign to seriously yet?
? Other players have leaked and challenged him too. Stop blaming oles issues with man management finally coming to light on the players

Polar

Other players have leaked and challenged him too
Maybe if you read Shaw and Bruno’s comments as challenging Ole. I’m not.

Bailly has challenged Ole (Leichester) and the other things are stamped Pogba and agent + DVB and agent + Lingard and agent all over the place. Unhappy players take advantage of the momentum.

As I earlier have said: I don’t see any light in the tunnel right now and it’s probably best to replace Ole.

I also think we have to get rid of “Toxic Pogba”, Bailly and probably also Matic and Lingard. Our
Coming manager shouldn’t be handed over problems, and our problems wouldn’t be solved before at least Pogba is gone.

theklr

After the manager has defended ech and every one of them they dont keep their criticism inhouse or tell ole to his face... pathetic. I am all for Solskjær and the coaching teams failings, but it can hardly not be solely on him.

stw2022

After the manager has defended ech and every one of them they dont keep their criticism inhouse or tell ole to his face... pathetic. I am all for Solskjær and the coaching teams failings, but it can hardly not be solely on him.

They have. All the leaks we have are about what they said to the manager, aren't they?

Flytan

Bailly has challenged Ole (Leichester) and the other things are stamped Pogba and agent + DVB and agent + Lingard and agent all over the place. Unhappy players take advantage of the momentum.

As I earlier have said: I don’t see any light in the tunnel right now and it’s probably best to replace Ole.

I also think we have to get rid of “Toxic Pogba”, Bailly and probably also Matic and Lingard. Our
Coming manager shouldn’t be handed over problems, and our problems wouldn’t be solved before at least Pogba is gone.
Pogba is the only one I can see as being a problem for the next manager. The rest have legitimate criticisms of ole and shouldn't be judged for his inability to manage a squad

ti vu

The thing is who you trust off making the right call. Someone at the club have been giving weird contract extension all this time to players, and coaches who pulling different directions.

And it's not impossible that the new managers actually want to keep players like Pogba, Lingard while instead ridding some of Ole's favorite! Unless there is a plan in place from a director, where in and outgoing is careful planned as well as new manager appointment fit that plan; what you suggest is just a pipe dream.

DULLAGHAN

I don't see the current group of players as snakes or anything else underhanded. If anything I'd say they've generally kept Ole in a job much longer than he deserves. Far to often its been through ability and skill over any form of coaching or tactics that has gotten us results. However when the chip are down and pressure is own we've fallen away due to a lack of any coherent coaching or team direction outside of individuals doing great things.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t think we have tbh. We did under Jose, sure. But arguably the best thing Ole has done during his tenure is ridding the dressing room of these characters. Definitely don’t think another clear out is needed. The squad is there now to be challenging, we just need a manager to go with it.

chiz2kul

What a bunch of bollocks. OP is bending over backwards to defend the continued incompetence. Imagine as a player, knowing that your coach is tactically inept, basically useless, and you practically know as much if not more than he does. How does that make you feel as a professional?

I'll take these "nest of vipers" any day with a half competent coach.

Nest of vipers aka winners. You find me a top club in the world where the players would keep quiet at this level of incompetence from the coaching and management.

Guys like Ronaldo will not stand by and watch this happen, and rightly so.