Who are Manchester United's five new Brazilian signings?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Who are Manchester United's five new Brazilian signings? | talkSPORT

In 2005 Manchester United and four other clubs including Miami FC and FC Twente set up a youth team in Brazil called Desportivo Brasil. The team are now top of their league, boast amazing facilities and are producing some top players.

Sir Alex shipped some of them over to spend some time training with the club and to watch the Red Devils scrape past Bolton in the weekend's Premier League game.

We can't be sure how many of them have signed contracts but Fergie will certainly be saving some money by snapping them up now. Brazilian players are not allowed to sign for a foreign club until the age of 18, so no snapping up a young bargain like Arsenal did with Cesc Fabregas at 16. These kids could be worth huge amounts at 18, for example AC Milan's Alexandre Pato cost a whopping £18million at 18 because he had already proved his worth.

It is thought that Fergie will send the teenagers to Holland's FC Twente where they will be held until EU passports can be given making them eligible to work in the UK.

With Fabio and Rafael da Silva making a huge impact at Old Trafford this season Fergie would be mad not to invest in some more young Brazilian talent.

So who were the five sitting in the stands?

1) Gladstony Estevan Paulino da Silva
Position: defensive midfielder
Date of birth: 05/08/1993
The right-footed midfielder has raised interest from United before, but spent time at Desportivo Brasil.

A couple of months ago you have may seen this video of the crappest medic in history. Well it was young Gladstony who was subjected to the terrible treatment.

2) Aguilar Aparecido Oliveira
Position: striker
Date of birth: 07/03/1995
Played for Brazil under-17's at 15-years-old.

3) Lucas Evangelista Santana de Oliveira
Date of birth: 06/02/1995
Found at Sao Paulo, strong with both feet.

4) Agnaldo Pinto Moraes Junior
Position: midfielder
Date of birth: 11/03/1994
Arrived from Flamengo and has been noted for his superb dribbling skills.

5) Rafael Leao Martins Pereira
Date of birth: 06/04/1993
Has trained at United and is an aggressive tackler.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
17-year-old Rafael Leao (born 6 April 1993) has arrived on loan (until 30 June) from Desportivo Brasil. He'll play with U18s.
No idea how the Work Permit and Registration stuff works - maybe as he won't be playing for the senior side he doesn't need either.

LouisRocca

No idea how the Work Permit and Registration stuff works - maybe as he won't be playing for the senior side he doesn't need either.
I think your right here Mitch, I don't think a player need Work Permit to play U18 and reserves, but I'm not sure. Will be interesting to see what he can do here.

cj_sparky

I thought Brazilians couldn't sign until they turned 18. We waited 3 years for the twins, and they are eligible for Portugal?

Ignore that he turns 18 next week.

jb8521

The latest player from desportivo brasil to be linked with a move to united is a striker called Bruno Gomes who is the top scorer in the Brazilian under 15 championships on 26 goals 6 ahead of his closest competition. He has already been to Manchester for trials. Of the original players linked gladstony went to twente but got injured he is expected to start playing for them in January. Aguilar and agnaldo are joint top scorers for desportivo in the under 17 championships and rafael leao is on a youth loan with united.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
forgot all about this, how many of these lads are in manchester right now?
Doesn't matter much anyway. No one leaves Brazil or Argentina until they're 18. You can't buy them before that if they have some kind of contract.

jb8521

Gol pra inglês ver – Bruno Gomes é o futuro artilheiro de Manchester |

Google translation of this article

Goal for English see - Bruno Gomes is the future scorer of Manchester

The partnership between Manchester United and Sporting Brazil is no longer a secret to anyone.

Despite the Traffic prevent comment with the national press, Manchester selects boys below 18 years and leaves in the Brazilian team until they reach adulthood and international transfers are legal.

Then, if the athlete has not achieved a European passport, he is at FC Twente, where he received the document in a short time. No more than two years.

Bruno celebrates goal of the title in the Paulista U-15

Finally, among the players in Sports, but it has a path laid out for Manchester, Bruno Gomes is the attacker, who was born in 1996.

The careers of many goals and many clubs began in high school, but soon moved to the St. Paul Center, which is a tri-color space to capture athletes. St. Paul's Center in 2009, there was a chance to audition in Palmeiras, through an acquaintance in the family.

The nose for goal came quickly, Bruno was approved and soon enrolled in the Paulista sub-13. Playing only the second round, the striker scored five goals and was the top scorer in the competition Alvi-green. Palmeiras was eliminated even in the second phase.

The beginning of the lecture was promising, but it was all over after the death of one of the directors. Team Bruno, left only two athletes. The Palm has included athletes partner with Energy Sports.

No club, Bruno was a downtime to get a place to play for Maccabi, of San Carlos. There has served the sub-15 (in 2010) and was top scorer in the Paulista Interclub with impressive 21 goals in 16 games.

With this talent, clear that Bruno would not be long in a team of little importance. Shortly after was the Corinthians who hired the attacker to play the World Cup Brazil Votorantim, 2011, since the registration for the Paulista U-15, 2010 had already ended.

Cup Votorantim more artillery. With three goals in four games, Bruno Gomes was the top scorer in the competition and Corinthians was there that Young's career changed forever: Bruno Gomes drew the attention of Manchester United scout in Brazil John Calvert-Toulmin, who selects athletes to part of a partnership between Sport (Traffic) and the Reds.

"The Corinthians staff insisted me to stay there. They called my dad suggesting a career with the contract when I did 16 years, but I and my family, we decided it was best to accept the proposal of Manchester, "said Bruno, who confesses to not knowing exactly how it happened:" I'm not sure how it happened, just know that Manchester's representative in Brazil managed to phone my father and called him saying he was interested in my football and decided to go. All decisions we make as a family. "

Future and present? Bruno Gomes poses next to Wayne Rooney

The arrival in Brazil Sports to get the training to play in Manchester upon reaching majority was not the easiest. Bruno is the only player / 96 which is part of project teams in 95 / and / 94 have three others.

"They look with new eyes the boys from Manchester project. I had to earn my teammates and get my space in time, "said the young striker. "They treated me differently, they do it with the boys from Manchester, through isolating. At first it was very difficult. "

The difficulty was back in Brazil Sports Bruno Gomes was an absolute success. In the Paulista U-15 striker was top scorer isolated from competition with 30 goals, including scoring in the final two games against St. Paul, who secured the title for the team managed by Traffic.

So successful in 2011 made the Palms, for example, regret having dispensed with the athlete in 2009.

The board Palmeiras even offered half a million dollars to take Bruno's Sports Brazil. The team managed Traffic covered by the proposal Alvi-green and signed with the young man for three years. It is the first professional contract the attacker, who does not deny that the opportunity to play at Manchester United has been a major factor in the decision taken by the family to stay in Sport.

Beside the technical future, Sir Alex Ferguson

Life for those who are part of "Project Manchester" is different. The boys have extra classes for English and even different parts of the training to get used to the stronger and faster style of English football.

"Here in England the ball for a second, is very different, and passes are always very strong, seem to kick," said Bruno. "Here in Brazil Sports training is similar to what we do in Manchester, they even give these passes to get used to us stronger."

The main thing is just that, these kids and travel periodically to train with Manchester United. There, they still have lunch and spend much time with the professionals:

"I went there in August (2011), we stayed with professionals and trained with the team under 18. The Agnaldo and Aguilar (who also play at Sports) trained there with me. I spent enough time with Rafael and Fabio (ex-Fluminense) and Anderson as well. Anderson is very funny. In March we will go back there and we'll stay two weeks. "

Bruno also points out the care of Sir Alex Ferguson with the basic categories. According to the attacker, Ferguson oversees all training of the team under-18 and even got to talk to the young Brazilian, "I do not know if it is to be the sub-18, but Ferguson has always followed the practice."

All care is not for less. Manchester United in the forums on the Internet, you can see the British fans eager for the arrival of Brazilian youth. They come even that far, the development of all athletes.

Sports in action by Brazil

The fans seem to forget some of the "curse" of Brazilians in Manchester. Never an offensive player tupiniquim made success for the Reds. By the time Anderson arrived as a midfielder and turned the wheel, but for Bruno it is no problem: "This is just another challenge and I'm not afraid to face my. I have faith in God and know he will help me. "

The dream of Bruno Gomes is as high as the expectations set upon him. When asked about references in which players mirrors, two attackers selection comes to mind of the young: Ronaldo and Luis Fabiano.

Good references and consistent with the playing style of Bruno. Despite a considerable ability to pass and pulled the opponents, these are not characteristics that most catches the eye in Bruno Gomes.

The young man promised to Manchester has an outstanding placement, finishing, and especially need a lot of intelligence in the field.

Always well placed, Bruno does not need to work hard to score his goals. The quick thinking to avoid defenders or take the ball from the goalkeeper's reach, really is a differential that greatly facilitates the task of balancing networks.

To complete, it still has a good time, and nods and finishes very well mean distance, a lethal weapon against opposing defenses.

Promised to Manchester, collecting artillery, Bruno could have many plans right up front, but I chose to draw its target for 2012 and 2013: "It's up to me now. I want to play well this year to participate in the Copa Sao Paulo next year and God willing to reach the under-17 and compete in the World category. I will fight this, I really want to defend the selection, after that go to Manchester. "

To accomplish this, he needs to repeat the success of 2011 and hope the Sports Brazil does not prevent re-convening of the young.

However, 2012 has everything to be even better for the attacker. The year has started with four goals, three in one game, Black River Cup under-17.

Furthermore, Bruno should work closely with two other athletes who are also going to Manchester: Luke the Evangelist and Aguilar, who in the forums of fans of Manchester is considered the magic trio, the team's future.

This should make life easier for him in Sports, quite different from the beginning when it felt isolated as the only athlete in the Manchester team and who really knows the long-dreamed-income place in the national team

savais

hmmm....guess its the sign of the times with youtube videos that his videos don't look that impressive.

lysglimt

Scout
So we are getting Luke the Evangelist.... ? Hm...not sure if that is a good sign or not :)

jb8521

Lucas Evangalista, Aguilar and Bruno Gomes will arrive in Manchester on Thursday for two weeks training with United.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lucas Evangalista, Aguilar and Bruno Gomes will arrive in Manchester on Thursday for two weeks training with United.
Is that like a trial or have we already signed these chaps or what?

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Goal for English see - Bruno Gomes is the future scorer of Manchester

Sports in action by Brazil

The young man promised to Manchester has an outstanding placement, finishing, and especially need a lot of intelligence in the field.

Always well placed, Bruno does not need to work hard to score his goals. The quick thinking to avoid defenders or take the ball from the goalkeeper's reach, really is a differential that greatly facilitates the task of balancing networks.

To complete, it still has a good time, and nods and finishes very well mean distance, a lethal weapon against opposing defenses.
I love that line!:lol:

jb8521

Is that like a trial or have we already signed these chaps or what?
as far as i know we have agreed the signings already. Aguilar and Gomes were supposedly the stand out players as desportivo brasil won the brazilian tournament to qualify for the tournament united are playing in in amsterdam

jb8521

It seems now that there are 5 players from Desportivo coming to Manchester to train for the next 2 weeks. Along with the 3 already mentioned are Agnaldo an attacking midfielder and Patrick Carvalho a striker born in 97

Skywarden

Manchester United have taken out their option to sign 17-year-old midfielder, Lucas Evangelista, from their feeder club Desportivo Brasil. The versatile youngster, who can play as either a creative or defensive midfielder, impressed United with his marking, dribbling ability and work-rate. The teenager will only sign professional papers with the Premier League club when he turns 18 in February next year but will spend some time in England training with the United youth teams.
Name: Lucas Evangelista Santana de Oliveira
Dob: 06/02/1995
Position: midfield
Clubs: São Paulo juniors, Desportivo Brasil
http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/

jb8521

An interview with Aguilar [using google translate]
http://www.olheiros.net/artigo/ler/3282/ja_treino_no_estilo_europeu

Height, speed, strength and technique. These four characteristics together are hard to find in any striker in world football, and who owns or has owned or had the world at his feet, like Henry, Ibrahimovic and Adriano. The positive examples are much easier to remember than the negatives, usually swallowed by his own lack of ambition or intelligence. There are also promising, like Aguilar, who still have at least 20 years to write its history in football.

With its nearly 1.90 m, Aguilar refers to a player awkward at first, but once it moves in the field, belies its appearance. Quick, skilled and lethal inside the box, the striker born in Cáceres, Mato Grosso, first drew the attention of the Cruise and Sports after Brazil, which took him to Porto Feliz before he signed a professional contract. Have apalavrado with Manchester United, he should be loaned to Twente in 2013.

Ibrahimovic fan of the boy Scouts account in an interview with a bit of experience who has lived in his career, talks about his own routine and the fact that he was a child-Pauline are, besides, of course, the controversial move to Brazil to Sports almost made the cruise ended with his sub-15 category. Check out:

Scouts - How was the experience of acting for Manchester United in the Champions Future?

Aguilar - I think it was important for my development. The team plays in a 4-4-2 that fits best with my style and it was good work in a different system.

Scouts - You already have your way right and exit to the outside so early, at a time in which the athletes who work in Brazilian football once again have the selection (cases Neymar, Leandro Damian and Luke). Fears being forgotten?

Aguilar - To my knowledge, the Mano has preferred to call players who play abroad. I had the opportunity to exchange at Manchester United and for me the gameplay is better there. I hope to mature faster physically and technically.

Scouts - Have you ever made exchanges at Manchester United and Twente. What are the differences between the two clubs?

Aguilar - It is clear that Manchester United is far greater in terms of structure, offers everything a player needs. But Twente is also a great club, which gives many opportunities for young people and can be a useful entry point so that I can adapt myself to the continent. Have training based on the European style of play and I think so I'll have less difficulty in this regard.

Scouts - How is your daily routine? There is already something special done to facilitate their adaptation to Europe?

Aguilar - usually workout and go to school and learn English, which is essential. Within the field, do specific training grounds and I think this will help me greatly improve until early next year.

Scouts - Do you dream of playing in any team in Brazil or want a career in Europe?

Aguilar - When I was a child, hoped to São Paulo, through all the games, always accompanied, but today I do not see. I have a great affection by Cruise, who was the club that took me to 13 years, and also by Sports Brazil. And today I am a professional player, I must think what is best for my career.

Scouts - Speaking of Cruise, as you looked at the episode's output to the Sports Brazil?

Aguilar - At first it was difficult not imagine that the impact would be so great, but little by little I am adapting here and overcoming. Today I am relaxed, his head in place and aware of what was best for my career. At the moment, I just worry about playing football and getting ready to go to Europe.

Scouts - The fact of playing in a club with less media visibility decreases harassment at the base. Do you think it helps you to train and evolve more calmly?

Aguilar - Here harassment is even greater than in the Cruise, because people know that I am part of the project Manchester United (NR during the interview, Aguilar was surrounded by several children in the region). But that does not take away my focus on playing well and scoring goals. I'm very relaxed about the harassment.

Scouts - Do you have an idol in football?

Aguilar - Not exactly an idol, but I like to see Ibrahimovic play, the way he hits the ball and create the plays.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
A couple of questions I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer:

- Has Gladstony played for Twente?
- Will Agnaldo be going there in the summer now he's turned 18?

jb8521

A couple of questions I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer:

- Has Gladstony played for Twente?
- Will Agnaldo be going there in the summer now he's turned 18?
He hasnt played for the first team has been playing for the reserves who won the league last week. Not sure about Agnaldo but would presume so if were still keen on signing him.

davisjw

Excellent this solves our summer transfer questions: This summer we will be bringing in 5 players.... Yes! Brazilian..... Getting excited! Kids... Fail... - all of value - murmur. We'll take three defenders, a winger, and a striker who lasts a season please.

No need for more threads about Modric or Kagawa or Martinez...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Excellent this solves our summer transfer questions: This summer we will be bringing in 5 players.... Yes! Brazilian..... Getting excited! Kids... Fail... - all of value - murmur. We'll take three defenders, a winger, and a striker who lasts a season please.

No need for more threads about Modric or Kagawa or Martinez...
While its evident that we need 1-2 great and recognized talent in CM, we must be realistic enough to understand that we simply don't have the financial clout to fill the side with world class talent. We must therefore produce much of the players ourselves.

jb8521

Bruno Gomes goals from the first phase of the under 17s championship

4 goals he scored in a cup game