Who here wants Liverpool to beat Arsenal on Wednesday? Poll added!

Who do you want to win in Arsenal v Liverpool?

• Liverpool for our faint top four hopes

Votes: 181 33.0%
  • Arsenal to damage Pool's title hopes

Votes: 117 21.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • Giant chasm to open on the pitch, swallowing both teams

Votes: 138 25.1%

• Total voters

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
God no, i'll take a draw first, then an Arsenal win.

And yes, I'll take not finishing top 4 for one season over Liverpool winning the feckin' league.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ofcourse them dippers should wipe the floor with arsenal and then lose against us :keano:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If we have any aspirations of top 4 then we need Liverpool to win. Personally I know I’m in the minority but I’d prefer pool win the title over city anyway. At least they are a proper club.
That's a big reason why I prefer City to win it. When Liverpool wins something it actually means something and you've got to respect it (ewww), whereas when City wins it's completely empty. Who gives a feck about a state-financed plastic club?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think we don't get Top 4 even if Arsenal lose, they'd have to pretty much drop points for the remainder of their games and we'd have to win pretty much all of ours. It's not happening IMO.

Hoping Arsenal win, can't bear to see the scouse lift another PL.
If we beat them then thats a 6 pointer. They have to play the dippers and spurs too, if they lose both then it could go either way.

There are no guaranteed wins anymore. Teams in the relegation scrap also put in a shift this time of year.

Although i think we'd lose top 4 on goal difference :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Liverpool have a harder run than City, with thos two also playing each other, so Liverpool beating Arsenal won't be pivotal for them but will be for us.

LInkash

Yes, I think City will win the league regardless of this result.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Liverpool win, draw, Arse win is my order of preference, though there's a very nice silver lining if Arsenal do the business.

RopersReturn

It would be fantastic but I really can’t see Arsenal getting a result here.

Part of the problem is that all too often, we’ve seen teams sit back and allow Liverpool to dictate.
If Arsenal can nullify the combined wing attack TAA & Robinson (who incidentally I see as being the most effective reason to why teams continually cave in against Liverpool), then they might stand a chance.
Though Arsenal really can’t afford to make any mistakes here and it might be worth benching Xhaka for that reason.

Hughes35

1. A Draw
2. Arse win
3. Match abandoned
4. Covid outbreak meaning the season is cancelled
5. Liverpool win

norm87cro

Ideally a draw but in no circumstance do I want the Scousers winning and getting a point behind first place.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Draw or Arse win for me. I still think Arsenal will drop a healthy amount of points meaning we still have a slim chance.

Reynoldo

Only if you need everything spelt out for you..
Well, a lot of the answers were Arse to win on Wednesday and City to still win the title to be fair. Also they are kinda different questions, one is do you want hope for the rest of the season to have something to root for and enjoy vs a straight up choice of a Pool league win guarantees United in the CL moral conundrum.

But in answer to the original question I want Pool to win vs Arse on Wednesday as this season has already shown how quickly things that look certain can turn (top 2 race for the title) so I think Arsenals form can still be cut short with some losses.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I hope Arsenal smash them. Just picture the Liverpool celebrations at Anfield with the likes of Klopp and Robertson. Yuck

Oranges038

Yes, Pool win puts even more pressure on City and of course for top 4 Arsenal need to drop points for Utd to have any chance.

I said RR would need to win about 18 out of the remaining games to have any hope of top 4. At most he can get 17 wins, but 9 games left and 3 of those against Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea it is looking very unlikely that Utd will breach the 70 pt mark. It's also unlikey that Arsenal will drop more points than Utd in 12 games given that Utd and Liverpool on Wednesday are really the toughest games they have left.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really want Liverpool to absolutely BATTER Arsenal.

Fed up of hearing about lego pep and this new brand of ultra modern football mularky. A good string of results backed up by very little injuries, no european football, out of the cups early doors, who saw that one coming.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t like saying this but this should be a straight ban from the forum. Where are you admins
To be clear I’d rather neither win! I’ve always said I wouldn’t support Liverpool in game agaisnt aliens if It was for the future of the world but city take the piss with their sugar daddy oil money. At least there’s begrudging respect for Liverpool.

wolvored

Anyone who says arsenal isn't a utd fan. We still want to try and get top 4. Liverpool will win 21st title before us anyway.

Al-T

The last one is the entirely reasonable answer.

I'd rather we missed top 4 than Liverpool win the league again. Albeit, I have to say that the choice between Liverpool or City winning the league is akin to being asked if you'd prefer to have your nuts nailed to the table or stapled to it. But City are marginally the lesser of two evils.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That's a big reason why I prefer City to win it. When Liverpool wins something it actually means something and you've got to respect it (ewww), whereas when City wins it's completely empty. Who gives a feck about a state-financed plastic club?
I just fundamentally hate the whole state owned sports washing campaign and can’t stand to see city “legitimatise” themselves just as Chelsea have done. It’s cheating plain and simple and I’d probably prefer Liverpool just because they are at least operating the right way. But I still vote chasm to open up!

Spoony

The People's President
I just fundamentally hate the whole state owned sports washing campaign and can’t stand to see city “legitimatise” themselves just as Chelsea have done. It’s cheating plain and simple and I’d probably prefer Liverpool just because they are at least operating the right way. But I still vote chasm to open up!

I suspect you're from East Anglia.

Kaos

If we beat them then thats a 6 pointer. They have to play the dippers and spurs too, if they lose both then it could go either way.

There are no guaranteed wins anymore. Teams in the relegation scrap also put in a shift this time of year.

Although i think we'd lose top 4 on goal difference :lol:
I don't see them losing to both Spurs and Liverpool tbh.

And this is assuming we actually win our games. We've been awful pretty much all season, so I don't see us suddenly finding form and going on a run now. If we go out of the CL, then I'd expect our useless players to down tools until the end of the season and already be on holiday mode.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nah think city will win it regardless so fine with a Liverpool win

el3mel

Anyone who says arsenal isn't a utd fan. We still want to try and get top 4. Liverpool will win 21st title before us anyway.
I'll like to delay the inevitable, and top 4 isn't as important as this. United has finished outside top 4 multiple times and it didn't affect us as much as people think it's regarding transfers.

RORY65

If our chances were a bit greater then maybe but we're not finishing 4th (as if that's a huge deal anyway) so Arsenal may as well take points off Liverpool.

RobbieBerns

Whoever wins the title in a year that we’re not challenging for it is irrelevant. If you are a Manchester United fan, you should be cheering for the outcome that best serves Manchester United. The answer for this should pretty clearly be Liverpool win, anyone voting otherwise should be asking themselves why the results of another team should be valued over our own campaign.