Who is going to be the Next Prime Minister of the UK? | Be your stubborn best

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Osborne has ruled himself out i see, maybe he'll trot off and build that tunnel of his.

Darling of the Remainers, Jeremy Hunt, is here to the rescue however. At least George actually had the sense to acknowledge hoe unpopular he is.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

The guy is a useless waste. If Tories have much sense they'll settle on May, who at least takes things seriously.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Darling of the Remainers, Jeremy Hunt, is here to the rescue however. At least George actually had the sense to acknowledge hoe unpopular he is.
After the above post from @Ubik , you know you're living in a dystopian future where Hunt isn't the worst candidate.

Ubik

After the above post from @Ubik , you know you're living in a dystopian future where Hunt isn't the worst candidate.
Liam Fox going for it as well. It's going to be a nightmarish watch, although having seen how smug Farage was today things hopefully can't get any worse...

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Hunt's management of NHS precludes from the job. May's time at the Home Office does little to recommend her, with her views on civil liberties of particular concern (she also switiched sides at the wrong time).

If we assume that Boris will be the candidate from a Leave persuasion, the debate will be best served by a Remainer candidate who is prepared to work with Brexit (someone who can challenge Johnson on how the future will be shaped). If any of them intend to behave like Tim Farron, the membership will have no time for them.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Jeremy Hunt will always be the worst candidate in a race, although with him and Gove in there it really is hard to seperate them. Both co-wrote a book about how we should get rid of the NHS ffs.

NinjaFletch

Christ.

It's bad when you think 'hey, maybe I misjudge Theresa May and she isn't completely awful'

Ubik

Hunt's management of NHS precludes from the job. May's time at the Home Office does little to recommend her, with her views on civil liberties of particular concern (she also switiched sides at the wrong time).

If we assume that Boris will be the candidate from a Leave persuasion, the debate will be best served by a Remainer candidate who is prepared to work with Brexit (someone who can challenge Johnson on how the future will be shaped). If any of them intend to behave like Tim Farron, the membership will have no time for them.
Do you think Boris has shown any qualities whatsoever over the past few days? Positive qualities, I mean, not stuff like cowardice.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
With Boris' time as London mayor being our primary reference point in terms of political office, what do people see as his worst his policy decisions whilst in the job?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Do you think Boris has shown any qualities whatsoever over the past few days? Positive qualities, I mean, not stuff like cowardice.
After having been awake for two days during the time of the vote itself, i took a short break from it all. I am aware that Labour have descended into civil war and that Boris has seemingly been rather quiet and vague...

However Boris' opportunism and apparent flexibility, should if anything be a comfort of sorts. I think he is more likely to be influenced by public opinion than some of the other potential candidates for instance (incl May).

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
FFS. Why not go the whole hog and get Joffrey in?
Would be interesting to see a comparison between him and Boris. One is a blonde sociopath, motivated by self-interest, cruelty, and a desire to oppress the North.

The other is Joffrey.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
With Boris' time as London mayor being our primary reference point in terms of political office, what do people see as his worst his policy decisions whilst in the job?
As mentioned above, the cycle lanes are an absolute travesty. Goodness knows how many millions were spent on this pointless shit. If they had made them like bus lanes, operated at peak hours only, then I can see some point, but to steal half the car's space for cyclists that only need the space for a few hours in the morning & evening, is a fecking scandal. It's was just a pet project, because he's a cyclist.

I spent nearly an hour travelling from Westminster Abbey to Stepney on Saturday early evening, mostly on single carriageway roads, due to the previous 2 lane road being stolen for a cycle lane. In that time I saw 1 fecking bike, and that was on the road, not in the nicely cordoned off and safe cycle lane.

Is that a political decision? I don't care, the man's a cnut.

/rant

Xeno

Would be interesting to see a comparison between him and Boris. One is a blonde sociopath, motivated by self-interest, cruelty, and a desire to oppress the North.

The other is Joffrey.
Stolen, hope you don't mind.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
As mentioned above, the cycle lanes are an absolute travesty. Goodness knows how many millions were spent on this pointless shit. If they had made them like bus lanes, operated at peak hours only, then I can see some point, but to steal half the car's space for cyclists that only need the space for a few hours in the morning & evening, is a fecking scandal. It's was just a pet project, because he's a cyclist.

I spent nearly an hour travelling from Westminster Abbey to Stepney on Saturday early evening, mostly on single carriageway roads, due to the previous 2 lane road being stolen for a cycle lane. In that time I saw 1 fecking bike, and that was on the road, not in the nicely cordoned off and safe cycle lane.

Is that a political decision? I don't care, the man's a cnut.

/rant
I'm probably not the best audience for such a complaint. Whilst i would probably ditch the congestion charge, i would only replace it with other things that might hold in aversion: increased pedestrianisation, travelators, and a simple barring of access to non-essential vehicles/residents (save for approved exceptions).

I'm also of half a mind to just tell Londoners that they can only use the North Circ every other week. The hours of my life that I've wasted on that road...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I'm probably not the best audience for such a complaint. Whilst i would probably ditch the congestion charge, i would only replace it with other things that might hold in aversion: increased pedestrianisation, travelators, and a simple barring of access to non-essential vehicles/residents (save for approved exceptions).

I'm also of half a mind to just tell Londoners that they can only use the North Circ every other week. The hours of my life that I've wasted on that road...
If you are going to cause such upheaval, it should be based on an actual need rather than some fanciful project. Bus lanes are, generally, only in force at certain times, and there are loads of buses using them, as well as taxis and bikes, although I tend to believe that buses and bikes don't mix. There is no need for full time cycle lanes, which permanently steal road space from motorised traffic. Considering how much crying and gnashing of teeth there is about CO2, and air quality, the best way to reduce both is to keep the traffic moving, not compress it into smaller & smaller spaces and leave it sitting stationery most of the time.

Castia

I admit to not being an expert on politics but surely there must be a better candidate than Boris? the guy is a complete embarrassment, we'd be a laughing stock.

Xeno

I admit to not being an expert on politics but surely there must be a better candidate than Boris? the guy is a complete embarrassment, we'd be a laughing stock.
None among the front runners. Have to hope for a somewhat unknown candidate to come forward.

Dan

Stephen Crabb his put himself forward. :lol: He was an absolute joke of a Welsh Secretary.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
At first I thought the poll was 80% think BoJo should be Prime Minister which worried me immensely, however 80% thinking he will become the next PM is still worrying. I pray to god (even as an agnostic) that he does not come to power without a general election.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
There are an awful lot of people singing feck Off Boris outside Parliament right now...

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Sweet Jesus, even the England football team has better possible candidates for their next manager than the the UK has for their next PM. Scary shit!

FlawlessThaw

Nick Clegg has been disastrously wrong a number of things, but he's slightly prophetic here albeit off by a few years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm hoping the liberal bias of the caf has lead to you exaggerating the weaknesses of the Tory candidates. Otherwise things seem very grim...

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Christ.

It's bad when you think 'hey, maybe I misjudge Theresa May and she isn't completely awful'
Yep, pretty much... Not sure why BJ would get it over someone with acutal ministerial experience, so fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

FlawlessThaw

God that's both cringeworthy and sends a shiver down my spine as well. Having Gove anywhere near leadership is a terrible prospect. It does reaffirm how much influence the Mail/Murdoch, they will feck up the country, oh wait they pretty much already have.