Who is your preferred option for the RW spot?

Wing Attack Plan R

I'd like to see Mount play there, which is apparently where he's had a lot of impact.
Amad, when he's back, could be a revelation there.
Third choice is Antony.
Pellistri is fast and direct, but never finds teammates with a pass.
Antony is robust, and tracks back, and rarely finds a teammate, but sometimes scores.
Sancho is a fecking waster.
Rashford is useless on the right.

Red Royal

I would give Antony a few games (when he is ready) to see if he can gel well with Hojlund. Failing that it is going to have to be a square peg into a round hole attempt; as I don't see Pelistri taking the opportunity to impress in last few games.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I like Bruno on the RW. Not in the manner Antony is utilised there but more in the Beckham way. We only get to see him RW in very tough fixtures and those are not the right testing ground.

There is already the well placed argument of he is better served centrally which I do understand but not my preference in how I’d like to see us structured. As a team none of our wide men are creators before scorers and will only be remedied with a new signing or potentially Amad/Pellistri in time.

Also when I look at the area he seems most creative and the ease of how he does, it appears to be that half space in the final 3rd. This assumption might be wrong but it’s cemented in my mind.

Prefer the ball being brought to him instead of him bringing it to people.

garelo

we spent close to 200m for Sancho and Antony to fill RW position and cant use them for different reasons, its hard not to think that this club isnt cursed :lol: anyway i like what see in Pellestri, kids got the right idea but his inexperience is so glaring hopefully Amad can recover soon, he wont get better chance than this.

tomaldinho1

So Bruno's had a go, and Antony's had a run; is it someone else's turn?
I think we’ll see Pellestri get more mins now. Even if not ahead of Antony immediately i feel like he’s now pressuring for that spot whereas before there was jo real competition.

pacifictheme

If amad can get back and fit then he would be the one I would want to see give a chance personally.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Mount or Garnacho. Give Garnacho a chance to play on the right wing, as he has shown that he has got the right attributes to play there. We should not be afraid to (re)train and provide a platform for these young attacking players to adapt to new positions as part of their development, rather than try and plug the gaps with experienced professionals that have already established themselves in their favourable positions.

Oranges038

I've been thinking about it. None of the current crop are up to it. Let them all feck off.

I think for the wings the targets should be Bardgjhi and Nusa.

Both young hungry players with great potential.

Bardgjhi, Nusa, Rashford, Garnacho, Hojlund and 1 other CF (Ferguson). In a few years that could be a frightening line up.

bitcoin

Garnacho should be given a chance at RW. The great thing about having a right footer on the right wing is that they are much less likely to cut inside and shoot, so the outcome will be a cross or at least get to the byline and find a cutback pass.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Muniain in January.

He's on his way out of Bilbao. Yes, the age thing, but he was never a player that relied on his physicality. He would bring much needed attributes to our team. The ability to dribble and carry the ball, the composure he brings in possession due to rarely losing it through either his well weighted passes or ability to shield the ball under pressure, the fact that he can be creative without going Hollywood like Bruno and Eriksen, etc.

As a stop gap, I don't see why not because we need someone better than Antony or Pellestri. We could probably just get him on loan in January, too, because Valverde hasn't used him much this season so it wouldn't be a big loss for him. Then, next summer, properly address the issue.

ti vu

So Bruno's had a go, and Antony's had a run; is it someone else's turn?
On a second thought. Since Hojlund is left footer, perhaps try something complicated on the right with license to roam toward goal. Martial starting as CF who rarely proper poaching in the box can move wide when we get to opposition box. Basically pseudo Benzema Ronaldo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mount for a while, I think he's capable of finding good space on that flank and deliver a ball

Oranges038

Muniain in January.

He's on his way out of Bilbao. Yes, the age thing, but he was never a player that relied on his physicality. He would bring much needed attributes to our team. The ability to dribble and carry the ball, the composure he brings in possession due to rarely losing it through either his well weighted passes or ability to shield the ball under pressure, the fact that he can be creative without going Hollywood like Bruno and Eriksen, etc.

As a stop gap, I don't see why not because we need someone better than Antony or Pellestri. We could probably just get him on loan in January, too, because Valverde hasn't used him much this season so it wouldn't be a big loss for him. Then, next summer, properly address the issue.
Wait.

Weren't you always banging on about how bad a signing Casemiro was?

Yet, here you are saying the club should bring in a 30 year old who's played most of his career as a left winger for the the right wing.....even as a 6 month loan it makes less sense than Weghorst.

Saddy

Can't see beyond David Beckham for me.
Mount is the nearest we can get to a Beckham type of player IMO until Diallo can have a chance and with Pellestri coming on for the last 30 minutes if it's not working - If Mount can get past the full back enough to get a few Beckham type crosses whipped in or have AWB overlapping it will be 100% better than Antony's zero contribution.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wait.

Weren't you always banging on about how bad a signing Casemiro was?

Yet, here you are saying the club should bring in a 30 year old who's played most of his career as a left winger for the the right wing.....even as a 6 month loan it makes less sense than Weghorst.
I already specified. Casemiro, for big money, was a mistake because, one, he didn't have the qualities we needed for our midfield, and, two, he was someone who relied on his physicality.

With Muniain, which will never happen, he'd be a stop gap loan because Valverde has moved on from him, so no big money loss, and he'd be bringing in attributes our team/attack is sorely lacking. He is one of those 10s who can play either side effectively because of said attributes. I've watched so much of him for the past decade plus and whenever he's ended up on the right (whether through starting there or roaming over from his initial position) he's still had a positive impact on the game.

MadMike

I don’t like Bruno on the right, because he does a really poor job of keeping the width. He starts to drift centrally a lot and we become too narrow. He’s also not a dribbler or very quick, so he can’t take on a man. Same goes for Mount. Not a winger.

Pellistri has his uses as a more traditional winger, but he’s limited. Sancho should have made the spot his own but fecked it all up and his only hope now is a new manager. Antony should not even be a professional footballer. Greenwood will lucky to work his way back into the team.

I’m pinning a lot of hopes on Amad.

Stadjer

Muniain in January.

Muniain? I remember him as a wonderkid on FM about 10 years ago. One of those players who never lived up to the hype... and he would be the answer to the right wing? I rather just play Antony or give Amad a chance.

Tyrion

Muniain? I remember him as a wonderkid on FM about 10 years ago. One of those players who never lived up to the hype... and he would be the answer to the right wing? I rather just play Antony or give Amad a chance.
He's been at Bilbao for his whole career. I think I remember signing him in FIFA 15.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think it was that he didn't love up to the hype. He could've moved to a bigger club but chose to stay at Bilbao. Outside of the usual big names from Madrid and Barca in that time period, he's been one of the best players in the league.

I'm just thinking as a stop gap loan to salvage something from this season, why not? He's still a good player. I'm not talking about buying him for a lot of money. Our other options are Antony, Pellestri or Amad. I think it's fair to say neither Antony or Pellestri are up to it, so that leaves Amad who I think has potential from the little I've seen, but I wouldn't pin my hopes on him.

wolvored

We need a right footer for right wing. Someone who can cross from the byline, not keep having to check back. We have tried two inverted wingers and its too similar and doesnt work. Ty something different. Give Hojlund more of a chance to receive the ball.

foolsgold

Mount is the nearest we can get to a Beckham type of player IMO until Diallo can have a chance and with Pellestri coming on for the last 30 minutes if it's not working - If Mount can get past the full back enough to get a few Beckham type crosses whipped in or have AWB overlapping it will be 100% better than Antony's zero contribution.
I think this is the best way forward, not convinced that a "traditional" winger sits our style of player. The closer to a Beckham type the better.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We need a right footer for right wing. Someone who can cross from the byline, not keep having to check back. We have tried two inverted wingers and its too similar and doesnt work. Ty something different. Give Hojlund more of a chance to receive the ball.
We’ve really missed shaws ability to keep the play wide, go past a man or play combinations for the overload. Rashford seems to be lost without him and I reckon Rasmus would get more space in the centre. Shaw isn’t a bad crosser either.

I agree with your point about about the right wing. It’s definitely worth a shot especially now we have a player in the middle looking to exploit mistakes

daba

I've been thinking about it. None of the current crop are up to it. Let them all feck off.

I think for the wings the targets should be Bardgjhi and Nusa.

Both young hungry players with great potential.

Bardgjhi, Nusa, Rashford, Garnacho, Hojlund and 1 other CF (Ferguson). In a few years that could be a frightening line up.

Roony Bardgjhi looks class, like a young Hazard. 7 goals in 13 league games so far this year and he’s only 17, about to turn 18 in the next few weeks.

If his Football Manager release clause is correct (something like £9m I think) then it’s practically a no brainer.

Oranges038

Roony Bardgjhi looks class, like a young Hazard. 7 goals in 13 league games so far this year and he’s only 17, about to turn 18 in the next few weeks.

If his Football Manager release clause is correct (something like £9m I think) then it’s practically a no brainer.
Exactly, you want to build a young talented hungry side for the futire.

3 players Utd should be looking at are Barco, Bardgjhi and Nusa.