Who replaces Ten Hag?

Maik2022

I think Glasner is worth a try. Won the europa league and the squad suits him and he can be tough on players as well.

Amsterdam Devil

You shall see we beat Villa and everybody is happy and hopeful again. But then we lose again to Forest and it’s all shit again. This cycle has to stop, it just can’t go on like this.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Halve the people on here could do a better job to be fair. Us as fans know what’s needed but the manager doesn’t seem too.

erikcred

You shall see we beat Villa and everybody is happy and hopeful again. But then we lose again to Forest and it’s all shit again. This cycle has to stop, it just can’t go on like this.
That just says more about us.

The jubilation after beating a mid table Chelsea was completely unjustified and the cautious posters here got mocked. Then got trounced at home immediately, plus eliminated from Europe.

Then fluke a draw to an off colour Liverpool and the trust in ETH is back despite his team and strategy obviously being influenced by Bruno's absence. Then the result at West Ham came as a surprise to no one.

There's no boom bust cycle. It's just different levels of bust. We're now reduced to clinging on to things like "controlled" first 20 minutes or most of the match or something like that.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Ancelotti is the clear and obvious pick but he’s not going anywhere and he’s more likely to re sign with Madrid than leave for United.

People are saying the structure above the manager needs changing and we’ll, that’s happening, INEOs coming in and Blanc, Brailsford, Sporting director , first team recruitment it’s all changing so don’t worry we’ll have that in place.

ETH sadly needs to be sacked his hype reminds me of De Boer who did similar things at Ajax before moving to Palace and he was sacked within weeks as for us we got the trophy but I think we need to accept that it hasn’t worked and it’s time for him to be moved on the form currently is completely unacceptable.

Who else can come in?

The obvious choice is Potter , have to realise clubs like Madrid , Barcelona, PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern have all tried different types of managers before settling on who they have now sometimes stints are 2 months sometimes a couple of years but we should never be afraid to rip it up and start again. INEOS coming in is a good opportunity and I think potter would be a good choice, let’s see what he can do. If it doesn’t work, sack him, simple.

OldSchoolManc

The final, final straw was losing 3-0 at home to Bournemouth. Should have been 4-0.
There‘s no fight in most of the players, no system that I can see.
No way on earth that Spurs let Ange go. Ancelotti if he’s gettable

Giggsyking

Why do people think sacking the manager will solve anything? We saw with Ole when he was sacked, it got worse, those players are a bunch of nobodies built by a donkeys called Murtough and Arnold.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That just says more about us.

The jubilation after beating a mid table Chelsea was completely unjustified and the cautious posters here got mocked. Then got trounced at home immediately, plus eliminated from Europe.

Then fluke a draw to an off colour Liverpool and the trust in ETH is back despite his team and strategy obviously being influenced by Bruno's absence.
Then the result at West Ham came as a surprise to no one.

There's no boom bust cycle. It's just different levels of bust. We're now reduced to clinging on to things like "controlled" first 20 minutes or most of the match or something like that.
None of this happened and it’s all hyperbole. You actually think there was jubilation on here? You mistake that for just being happy with a win and enjoying the good moments for what they are. People who get mocked are the ones who instantly want to shit all over that. We all know there are many long term concerns but the time and place for them is not usually immediately after an enjoyable win.

The trust in ETH did not “come back” after the draw at Anfield. The feeling was very much the same.

Gordon S

Why do people think sacking the manager will solve anything? We saw with Ole when he was sacked, it got worse, those players are a bunch of nobodies built by a donkeys called Murtough and Arnold.
Remember when we sacked the miserable one? 5 years ago, almost to the day. We suddenly played with a joie de vivre we hadn`t seen since 2013. We put 5 past Cardiff in the first game and had chances for more. Only Cardiff but still, loved it! We went on to have a strong second half of that season. Good things can happen when you change manager. Does not have to be like Ralfs disaster of a season.

RedIan

Remember when we sacked the miserable one? 5 years ago, almost to the day. We suddenly played with a joie de vivre we hadn`t seen since 2013. We put 5 past Cardiff in the first game and had chances for more. Only Cardiff but still, loved it! We went on to have a strong second half of that season. Good things can happen when you change manager. Does not have to be like Ralfs disaster of a season.
once upon a time there was a club called United that sacked the manager every 6months and got the new manager bounce over and over. Their fans went on to all live happily ever after.

slored1

I would want someone who plays attacking football. Don't even give a shit if the results are all that, as long as I get excited for our matches.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
McKenna is the obvious choice for me. Or Carrick.

Gordon S

once upon a time there was a club called United that sacked the manager every 6months and got the new manager bounce over and over. Their fans went on to all live happily ever after.
Every 6 months? We don`t have to go overboard here. Erik had about 18 months in charge now and we are going nowhere. Well, we are going backwards if anything. Just saying we shouldn`t be dead scared of changing manager now, it does not have to be like with Ralf.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
None of this happened and it’s all hyperbole. You actually think there was jubilation on here? You mistake that for just being happy with a win and enjoying the good moments for what they are. People who get mocked are the ones who instantly want to shit all over that. We all know there are many long term concerns but the time and place for them is not usually immediately after an enjoyable win.

The trust in ETH did not “come back” after the draw at Anfield. The feeling was very much the same.
Spot on. People grab ideas from their arse and seemingly just run with it like it’s real or factual.

What’s the point in supporting a team, enduring all we have post SAF - if we can’t even be happy after a win? I mean….whats the point Sol?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Spot on. People grab ideas from their arse and seemingly just run with it like it’s real or factual.

What’s the point in supporting a team, enduring all we have post SAF - if we can’t even be happy after a win? I mean….whats the point Sol?
I’ve checked out for now. More important things in my life than stuff I can’t even control. It’s like watching a bad movie. Turning it off!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’ve checked out for now. More important things in my life than stuff I can’t even control. It’s like watching a bad movie. Turning it off!
Spot on, again. Trying to steer clear of the footy forums for a bit (as difficult as that is!), hoping the ownership structure and new football structure (hopefully!) is resolved soon. At least then we might get some better direction etc. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones bud.

kps88

I think we need to be more humble when appointing a new manager. A bit like how Newcastle went with Howe. Flashy big names who are used to winning trophies or the next big thing aren't the answer.

Yakuza_devils

And if Ancelotti is available that means Real Madrid have hired Alonso. And I can see Carlo rather retiring, if not taking on a NT in Brazil, than take on the Man Utd job.
Neither of the three options is in realistic.
With current football structure and DOF, yes I agree it's not realistic. But with new ownership and structure, I believe they will have real football vision, ambition and plan to convince too class manager to come here.

LordSpud

I think Glasner is worth a try. Won the europa league and the squad suits him and he can be tough on players as well.
This is the thing for me. You think Mourinho, Ole, Rangnick AND Erik all believed McTominay is the answer to the midfield?

There's something from above thats saying the likes of him and Rashford (both coincidentally Academy lads) have to be starting every game. And the fact that 9 out of 10 times McTom plays the full 90 just leaves a sick feeling in the mouth.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Spot on, again. Trying to steer clear of the footy forums for a bit (as difficult as that is!), hoping the ownership structure and new football structure (hopefully!) is resolved soon. At least then we might get some better direction etc. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones bud.
You too mate!

Rajma

Anyone who identifies that our first priority is to ship out Bruno, McT, Rashford, and Antony no matter what deserves a chance in my book.

Lentwood

We need a best-in-class sporting director and a young head coach who excels on the training pitch and with young players.

I'd be seriously looking at Keiran McKenna. I personally don't see the point in appointing someone like Carlo Ancelotti because I'm not sure he'd have the appetite for the full rebuild we need at this stage in his career

Ljungster

Anyone who identifies that our first priority is to ship out Bruno, McT, Rashford, and Antony no matter what deserves a chance in my book.
Good plan, let's move Bruno who is the highest creator in the Premier League and Rashford who scored 30 goals last year when the tactics actually was working with both of their strengths. Since it's not just them but the whole team that is dysfunctional then maybe, just maybe it might be the coach and his tactics that is the problem?

Abusian

A lot of posters don’t seem to consider how horrible a prospect we are for any manager (to say nothing of good players). Why would a quality manager come to a club that’s a shambles and has no plans to turn things around other than to look for a fourth official noodle sponsor in Vietnam? How can we attract quality players when there are so many problems? So we offer them huge wages. But that causes problems because its very hard to sell overpaid players when it all goes wrong, as it has time and time again (Sanchez, Sancho, Maguire, Casemiro, Varane).

For that reason alone it makes sense to stick with ETH until new management takes over and develops an actual plan for the club. There is no area of the club - even down to the catering, it seems - that isn’t broken. The first team squad is that most obvious example. When the confidence goes, the decline into mid table mediocrity is fast.

We needed to stabilize the situation and I can’t help thinking that we’d be better off if Ralf had stayed on as DOF to work on strategy and recruitment with ETH as first team coach. ETH’s recruitment has been absolutely horrible. I’m stunned that management allowed him to oversee it when he has no real experience. It’s put us back two seasons.

More very tough times ahead I fear.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You would want an ex Liverpool player as manager?

The next manager will probably be Julian Nagelsmann.
Sir Matt Busby had over 200 appearances as a player for City followed by 115 appearances for Liverpool before he started his managerial career with Manchester United.

So yeah, I also would want Alonso.

berbasloth4

A lot of the replacements mentioned are mainly just coaches like mckenna like carrick like potter etc.

A coach will not work for us. We need a manager, we need someone who is basically giving license to run top to bottom to get the blueprint and the identity back.

Ancelotti I think would be the best choice he would set a standard he would get principles back etc and with his age wouldn’t be around long and we would be in better position to have coaches rather than managers

Mylock

A lot of the replacements mentioned are mainly just coaches like mckenna like carrick like potter etc.

A coach will not work for us. We need a manager, we need someone who is basically giving license to run top to bottom to get the blueprint and the identity back.

Ancelotti I think would be the best choice he would set a standard he would get principles back etc and with his age wouldn’t be around long and we would be in better position to have coaches rather than managers
Ancelotti is the man and should have been Fergies replacement.

soapythecat

This will all depend on who comes in as DoF. I think the squad is a more counter attacking squad and maybe we should play to our strengths. Regardless, if the structure is in place and set up correctly, then I'd be happy with a punt on Mackenna. Much rather him than Potter. ETH has to go though - he's clearly not the man for the task.

roseguy64

I think we need to be more humble when appointing a new manager. A bit like how Newcastle went with Howe. Flashy big names who are used to winning trophies or the next big thing aren't the answer.
Ole and ETH are flashy big names in football management?