Who replaces Ten Hag?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
It doesn't matter who you replace ETH with, no manager would be successful with this group of players. A huge clear out is needed but realistically that won't happen..

My only real concern with ETH is his signings, they have been pretty poor and the fact that we have one proper striker on the books (I wouldn't count Martial at this point) is pretty damming.
It has begun already. Next 3 transfer windows (summer-winter-summer) will be huge. Truly. I expect to see full clearout in 3 windows.

parmenio

I Think De Zerbi will be our next manager. The summer makes sense our leadership team should be in place by then so timing right all round. No way they stick with ETH.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Say, what's the story with "shame we're aren't more like brighton"?
One of the mods thinks they are amusing. I complemented the successful way they are being run for a smaller club, and that is the result.
I was quite happy with my ‘living la Vida muppet’ bestowed on me by Penna, as I’m sure you were satisfied with your previous tagline, but here we are! :wenger:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
One of the mods thinks they are amusing. I complemented the successful way they are being run for a smaller club, and that is the result.
I was quite happy with my ‘living la Vida muppet’ bestowed on me by Penna, as I’m sure you were satisfied with your previous tagline, but here we are! :wenger:
:lol: Loved your previous one. Hated mine. If I believed in karma I'd tag you every now and again and comment on Brighton > United in bad English

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I’d rather have Tuchel. He’s proven. DeZerbi could be tenHag all over again.
Tuchel doesn't inspire me and seems to just fall out with everyone, he new manager bounced his way to CL glory and he's hardly setting the Bundesliga on fire.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Feck Tuchel, he tried to sign Scott McTominay at Bayern and had to be stopped by his bosses. Based on that alone, definite ‘no’ from me.

Castia

My number 1 choice. Brighton have been absolutely ravaged with injuries and yet again lost key players in the summer and he’s still sitting 7th. The squad he’s had available this season has no right being anywhere near 7th he’s regularly relying on Lalana, Gilmour, Welbeck and Milner ffs.

Someone

Something
I Think De Zerbi will be our next manager. The summer makes sense our leadership team should be in place by then so timing right all round. No way they stick with ETH.
A man with absolutely no achievements at the top level. I've never seen a manager as overrated as him.

Someone

Something
It's not great that Barca and Liverpool will be looking for managers as well. Gonna be an interesting summer.

Castia

A man with absolutely no achievements at the top level. I've never seen a manager as overrated as him.
He’s a manager on the up and done extremely well in every job he’s done. If he’s not at United his next job is 100% a big club looking to win silverware. Second favourite for the Liverpool job as we speak

crossy1686

career ending
I’d rather have Tuchel. He’s proven. DeZerbi could be tenHag all over again.
He's proven shite. It's like saying you'd rather have Mourinho or Conte because they're 'proven'. How much more proof do you need than a guy that's got a team with no CF scoring goals and playing well above their station?

De Zerbi could be Ten Hag again if De Zerbi had only managed in Holland, had a hard on for shite players because he knows them, and has zero in game management. Apart from that they're totally different.

crossy1686

career ending
It's not great that Barca and Liverpool will be looking for managers as well. Gonna be an interesting summer.
And probably Bayern, don't rule out Chelsea also. We need to get our managerial business done early, if not we could end up sticking with Ten Hag because it's him or Potter...

Son

Tuchel would be my choice. He’s been at Bayern and would bring great advice to see us into the next phase of the project.

Bayern play in a way we really should be trying to emulate. Hopefully he can bring Musiala or Davies with him too…:lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
LvG and Maureen had top level achievements, they failed, moyes and OGS had no top level acheivements, EtH has some mid level achivements and looks to be failing, De Zerbi may or may not be the right man, no one can tell

Someone

Something
LvG and Maureen had top level achievements, they failed, moyes and OGS had no top level acheivements, EtH has some mid level achivements and looks to be failing, De Zerbi may or may not be the right man, no one can tell
We shouldn't be going for anyone just because established managers have failed here before. He might end up being a great manager, but as of now, he's managing a very well run club and keeping them around where they're expected to be. We need to be looking for more.

What did Pep achieve when Barca went in for him? Or what did Klopp achieve when he was brought in by Dortmund? Wenger before Arsenal?

This is a terrible argument.

De Zerbi has shown that he can take a squad, get them playing levels above their base ability and get them going toe to toe with Europes best in general play (City, Arsenal, Liverpool) while dominating Utd and Ten Hag (possession and chance creation) with injury ridden teams.

He is the guy. And it’s not a mistake that he’s in the top two running for the Barca and Liverpool job.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
My number 1 choice. Brighton have been absolutely ravaged with injuries and yet again lost key players in the summer and he’s still sitting 7th. The squad he’s had available this season has no right being anywhere near 7th he’s regularly relying on Lalana, Gilmour, Welbeck and Milner ffs.
It's very impressive what he's done this season.

Telsim

I'd take him at this point. Could hardly be any worse. But the negotiations must be done now and everything prepared for the summer. Chelsea, Barcelona, and Liverpool will be on the market as well, if they already haven't negotiated a deal. And the thought of another season under this current manager is a horrific proposition.

And as an additional bonus, it won't be Graham Potter.

BristolMick

Zizou would be my preference of a replacement for Ten Hag. Did well at Madrid and won't take any shit from his players either.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope the RdZ crowd knows that BHA have 17 points in the last 15 PL games

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We shouldn't be going for anyone just because established managers have failed here before. He might end up being a great manager, but as of now, he's managing a very well run club and keeping them around where they're expected to be. We need to be looking for more.
Maybe we need to be turned in to a well run club first, without that withoutb that no manager is ever going to succeed

SunTzu

With so many clubs looking for a new manager, we may need to move swiftly.

I am leaning more towards De Zerbi but agree with many points that he’s far from proven.

My issue with ETH is there is less style of play than Olé had who was routinely criticised for it. We can’t score, we can’t defend, we can’t control games and he has contributed to the problem with allowing us to overspend on a player he managed.

I enjoyed watching Utd most when Olé managed us and while it may have ended poorly, we played better football, scored more goals and I felt we had a chance in every big game.

I was pleased we got ETH but I think he’s doing a magic act where he has convinced fans he’s the guy while still losing at Anfield 7-1 and not winning against a top 8 opposition in 18 months.

He brings a lot of good qualities no doubt, but performances matter as much if not more than results and rarely have performances been good and I fully expect ETH to effectively be on trial till the end of the season.

Lux Thunder

If INEOS is looking for a new manager in the summer everything points to De Zerbi, more so if they recruit Dan Ashworth who he previously worked with + Omar Berrada admires him too.

But people also forget that ETH was at the top of the list to replace Pep at City, so Berrada probably also rates him.

Also, I can see us going for RDZ and Brighton signing Farioli as replacement.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He should be top of the league with that injury ravaged Brighton squad.
No one expects them to be top. I'm just pointing out that I feel a lot of people are going for RdZ based on the plaudits he received last season or early this season.

The-Mezzala

Biggest issue is FFP . Very difficult job for anybody to turn this around. As bad as Ten Hag has been this season. You have got a bunch of sub par players. Most of which he signed.