Who replaces Ten Hag?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

This is interesting but I think he still needs to continue proving himself. He’s done very well so far and I certainly prefer him over Southgate.

But at this point if the options are Southgate or O’Neil (good but still relatively unproven) or Potter then I’d rather just stick with ETH.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is interesting but I think he still needs to continue proving himself. He’s done very well so far and I certainly prefer him over Southgate.

But at this point if the options are Southgate or O’Neil (good but still relatively unproven) or Potter then I’d rather just stick with ETH.
It sounds to me like O’Neil would be an assistant or a part of coaching staff rather than the manager. Maybe like an assistant to Southgate?

gajender

It sounds to me like O’Neil would be an assistant or a part of coaching staff rather than the manager. Maybe like an assistant to Southgate?
That would be travesty to be honest he actually looks better coach than Gareth fecking Southgate and if Ineos are seriously planning to bring Southgate as head coach I would rather we stick With Ten Hag .

TrailMonkey

Most of us can agree that ETH has had a shitstorm of player issues to deal with since joining the club. That's not's conducive for anyone. But putting that aside, our football has been shit for a year. We're Moments FC. No cohesion, no identity, no progression. Yes, ETH must be commended for bringing through Garnacho and Mainoo, both of whom could become world class. But ETH still makes out we're playing to a good standard and we're moving forward. We're really not. I'd like him to turn it around for the sake of the club, but I'm wholly unconvinced he's the right man.

Southgate's United would probably not be any worse, nor any better. O'Neill shouldn't be considered for the main role, but he might do a good job as a coach - if he was given the former then I can't see the egos in our team responding to him.

Castia

Praying to god the Southgate links are bollocks. Terrible manager that wasn’t even good enough for a relegated Boro side and looks to have one of the greatest England squads in recent history and nothing to show for it.

Would generally struggle in the Championship.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Southgate not being linked with Liverpool tells you all you need to know. It's amazing to see some Lads on here would appear to have no issues with him. Only reason he's at England is he's a Yes man.

aeh1991

Southgate would be worse than Moyes. Terrible taste if INEOS are serious about him.. But I think Berrada would never sign him, so I'm kinda relaxed.

IncyWincySpider

If we need someone to wear a waistcoat and frown hard he’d be great for that. But not as manager thanks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Southgate has no idea.
Only team he managed was Middlesbrough and England Under 21's.
SAF was not a fan of him either.

TrailMonkey

I really don't think the football or results under Southgate would be worse than under Moyes. I think it would be better against most teams except for the times he'll go pragmatic safety first when facing tough opposition.

The trouble is, this ETH side is being saved by the likes of Garnacho, Mainoo, Rasmus starting to come good, and the likes of McT's injury time strikes. Our football is dire.

RuudTom83

Would the O'Neil link be to replace McClaren or Van der Gaag who has been linked with a few jobs.

I can't see how INEOS would look at O'Neil and think he was the one to lead the club to premier league success.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

i dont know how to start….

As if we are in for him
As if he would turn us down if offered the job

this media pile on is viale. Imagine what would be happening now if we had lost to Liverpool
England 1
United 0
United fans 100

Von Mistelroum

I'm definitely swinging back to EtH IN having seen the list of managers Ineos want to bring in. I'm fully supporting Erik from here on out!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why would he leave being a manager at PL level to being Southgate's assistant it makes no logical sense
He's not going to go directly from managing Wolves to managing a top 6 club except maybe Spurs, and being second to Southgate at United could eventually give him a shot at that job when Southgate is fired / moves on. Alternatively he can go manage a team better than Wolves but not top 6 level, succeed there and then be considered for a big job, but he could also struggle in his second season at Wolves, get fired and go on to manage in Championship instead. His standing in the game is still not that strong I think.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's not going to go directly from managing Wolves to managing a top 6 club except maybe Spurs, and being second to Southgate at United could eventually give him a shot at that job when Southgate is fired / moves on. Alternatively he can go manage a team better than Wolves but not top 6 level, succeed there and then be considered for a big job, but he could also struggle in his second season at Wolves, get fired and go on to manage in Championship instead. His standing in the game is still not that strong I think.
I'd like to see him backed well at Wolves, I think there is the makings of something good there and within a year or two I could see them putting together a team as good as the current Villa side. They'd need some shrewd signings but they seem good in that aspect anyway.

It's crazy because I thought they'd struggle this season given the players they lost, but they have brought in others that have stepped up well, such as Joao Gomes and to an extent Bellegarde. He seems to be getting a tune out of more of their existing players also.

BaguetteBoy

With all the names that’s been going around in the press, I coming around giving ETH another run at the team for another season. The young players are getting experience and will also be better next season.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t see why he (or anybody else) would leave a head coach role where he is doing very well and building something to become a number 2 or worse.
I wonder if our new guys are just doing diligence on the managers role as a contingency and actually being forward thinking and prepared for a change instead of reactionary all the time?

Giggsyking

Source: The sun
we are not getting rid of these stupid links anytime soon.

LordSpud

Wonder if we are actually putting these stories out ourselves to take the heat off Ten Hag and show fans that the grass isn't always greener? Otherwise it's absolutely ludicrous

Tiber

Im not just making lame jokes. While I don't rate Ten Hag at all, if the alternative is Southgate then he absolutely must stay.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I said I would cry if Southgate was appointed as united's manager.

I think i'm ready to cry now....would these links please just go away :mad:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I said I would cry if Southgate was appointed as united's manager.

I think i'm ready to cry now....would these links please just go away :mad:
Melissa Reddy is as credible as it gets :

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t know why so much is being made of the paper talk about Southgate. How are ‘The Sun’ going to know who United are looking to hire as a manager when we don’t even have the people in place to hire one yet? The fact that the majority of the rumoured managers we’re after are all based in England suggests to me that they are, as usual, after easy clicks.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
I’m guessing those who are pro Southgate have nailed their flags firmly to the ineos banner.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool

Reddy
Ornstein
Ogden
Mitten
Howson
Goldbridge
Romano
Beth

NONE and I mean NONE have any insight to the managers position.
Whether it supports your wishes or not for the manager, none of them know what the plan is nor do they have the in-track on what INEOS think of ETH and who they are considering for the managerial position.

ETH could stay its true but no one knows that for sure and "currently planning" is hardly an endorsement for the guy, right up until he is dragged into the office and given marching orders they are "currently planning with ETH" they are until hes literally been announced as leaving so I'm not sure why everyone is shitting themselves that its backing the manager.

Similarly he isn't being replaced as of now but that doesn't mean INEOS haven't decided he will be replaced or they will give him enough rope to essentially sack himself (which I think he will) if they other candidates - which again no one knows in the media than that indicates a change is on their minds.

INEOS themselves likely do not have an opinion on the matter as of yet, they are probably happy for ETH in the time being and therefore are planning around him being there, they ultimately wont make the decision.

Barrada and Ashworth will choose a new manager, decide if ETH is the right man and who the next coach will be. It wont be Brailsford, Sir Jim or Blanc at all. They may have opinions but they will not be running the club in that regard.

Any breifs around planning with ETH and him staying are utter bullshit and based just on current state. Similarly its not possible that a new coach has been considered as the people who would be making the decision aren't in post until the summer.

I think we end up outside of top 4 and losing the FA Cup and he will be replaced in the late summer with a new head coach not an over encompassing manager.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
The Brighton manager is being touted for a number of top jobs here and abroad. This after his predecessor went to Chelsea and didn't last long for whatever reason. I doubt doing a good job at Wolves would be a barrier if a top club felt he was the way forward.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Reddy
Ornstein
Ogden
Mitten
Howson
Goldbridge
Romano
Beth

NONE and I mean NONE have any insight to the managers position.
Whether it supports your wishes or not for the manager, none of them know what the plan is nor do they have the in-track on what INEOS think of ETH and who they are considering for the managerial position.

ETH could stay its true but no one knows that for sure and "currently planning" is hardly an endorsement for the guy, right up until he is dragged into the office and given marching orders they are "currently planning with ETH" they are until hes literally been announced as leaving so I'm not sure why everyone is shitting themselves that its backing the manager.

Similarly he isn't being replaced as of now but that doesn't mean INEOS haven't decided he will be replaced or they will give him enough rope to essentially sack himself (which I think he will) if they other candidates - which again no one knows in the media than that indicates a change is on their minds.

INEOS themselves likely do not have an opinion on the matter as of yet, they are probably happy for ETH in the time being and therefore are planning around him being there, they ultimately wont make the decision.

Barrada and Ashworth will choose a new manager, decide if ETH is the right man and who the next coach will be. It wont be Brailsford, Sir Jim or Blanc at all. They may have opinions but they will not be running the club in that regard.

Any breifs around planning with ETH and him staying are utter bullshit and based just on current state. Similarly its not possible that a new coach has been considered as the people who would be making the decision aren't in post until the summer.

I think we end up outside of top 4 and losing the FA Cup and he will be replaced in the late summer with a new head coach not an over encompassing manager.
You've written so much without actually watching the video.

Very odd.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault

In true Sky Sports style, nothing new, just 5 mins of stating the bleeding obvious.

'Quickly Melissa, before we go live, lay the scene setting football books flat to be easily read and keep your Liverpool library out of sight'.

Dr. T

sky sports news only exists to foment transfer speculation, it's probably 90% of their traffic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In true Sky Sports style, nothing new, just 5 mins of stating the bleeding obvious.

'Quickly Melissa, before we go live, lay the scene setting football books flat to be easily read and keep your Liverpool library out of sight'.
Well no, not at all. She actually says that United are planning pre season and recruitment with Ten Hag, which is contrary to the narrative being spun by the likes of Ogden, who centers his articles insinuating Ten Hag has one foot out the door.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Man is expected to do the job he gets paid millions to do. Is that news?