Who replaces Ten Hag?

Red Regista

Top 4 in betting….

Southgate 5/2
Potter 4/1
Tuchel 9/1
Amorim 9/1
Terrible. All four of them are even worse options than ETH who is a bad fit himself.

We need someone who is bigger than our social media whores and has the standing to boot them out without losing his sleep.
Someone like Zidane, Xavi, Löw.

Otherwise it's gonna be Playerpower FC forever.
'I run when I want.'

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He plays very open but his team also keeps the ball and progresses play far beyond their ability. I’d say only Arsenal, City and sometimes Liverpool consistently recycle and dominate the ball as well in the league.
It's difficult of knowing how easy transcends to a big club though. Potter really elevated Brighton and in his final half season they looked bloody good at all those things. Rodgers in his first season with Leicester was more impressive than both De Zerbi and Ange in their current debut years.

Hughie77

No Southgate please. Some of the players need to go first.
Carrick pissed off because they were bringing in Rangnick, I'd have rather stuck with Carrick after Ole imo . Carrick won't get near the job?

The new guy supposedly in charge will he want a new manager.? I'd keep EtH for 1 more season. Sell the rubbish we got as well

JohnnyLaw

De Zerbi isn’t perfect but makes the most sense to me. He knows the league, plays a progressive style of football and isn’t too big of a departure from the style of play we currently employ, he should be able to build on the work of the previous manager.

I’d like Amorim but I’d worry about the learning curve and transitioning into another new system even though I think it could suit us quite well.

luke511

You mentioned those two and Zidane.

Do these three represent a similar approach to football, do they want to play a similar style and is this style the style you want at united?

If yes it's fine, if no then this is just scattergun trying to sign someone who will do whatever he likes. And I honestly don't know because I don't follow McKenna or Carrick closely.
Zidane would be my first choice, outside of that it’s a pool of managers that haven’t got the wow factor (yet) but are good candidates with their own strengths, and I see McKenna and Carrick as good fits here. They both play styles that would suit our team, they know the club, the league and are in the process of proving their ability. I don’t understand the outrage, I feel like they’re underrated because they’re British, or haven’t done it at a top club yet. A reminder that Xabi Alonso’s job before Leverkusen was Real Sociedad B for 3 years.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
De Zerbi isn’t perfect but makes the most sense to me. He knows the league, plays a progressive style of football and isn’t too big of a departure from the style of play we currently employ, he should be able to build on the work of the previous manager.

I’d like Amorim but I’d worry about the learning curve and transitioning into another new system even though I think it could suit us quite well.
I've seen too many brain fart matches for De Zerbi to be convinced he's the guy for any top club just yet, let alone our own. Just a reminder that Brendan Rogers was fair bit more impressive than him (and Ange) in his debut year for Leicester, until it went tits up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some players need to go before Ten Hag. Otherwise we will be saying the same thing in a couple years again
They can all go in the same summer too. If Sancho and ETH dont deserve their place at the club then both go.

amolbhatia50k

I don’t know about De Zerbi. He seems to be crumbling under the immense pressure of being the Shiney new thing at Brighton. I do fear what he’ll do at the global bohemoth that is Manchester United. Even ETH succeeded in an environment that had 20 times the pressure De Zerbi is facing.

amolbhatia50k

Terrible. All four of them are even worse options than ETH who is a bad fit himself.

We need someone who is bigger than our social media whores and has the standing to boot them out without losing his sleep.

'I run when I want.'
Thing is, we need both a strong personality and a good tactician. Not having either will result in failure. ETH is tough in the right way but his tactics and coaching have been a huge let down.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I don’t know about De Zerbi. He seems to be crumbling under the immense pressure of being the Shiney new thing at Brighton. I do fear what he’ll do at the global bohemoth that is Manchester United. Even ETH succeeded in an environment that had 20 times the pressure De Zerbi is facing.
I'm far from convinced either but in the end this is what the interview process and background checking is for. Still think there's a pretty high chance that the next manager won't be "the answer" long term either, but whoever it is has to have the mandate to make us play modern, attacking football. No more "let's just do whatever we can to get top 4 and a cup". Build a solid foundation for the future at least rather than the quicksand we've been shitting money on this last decade.

NLunited

So the names the media are linking us with are bollocks. Our next appointment will be someone not pushed by the press.

parmenio

Anyone but Ange. There's nothing likable about him at all.
So you don’t like easy to watch attacking football. Plus the fans love him. Speak to any Celtic or Spurs fan. He’s far far more suited to Man Utd than ETH that’s for sure. Pity we have no chance to get him.

gajender

So you don’t like easy to watch attacking football. Plus the fans love him. Speak to any Celtic or Spurs fan. He’s far far more suited to Man Utd than ETH that’s for sure. Pity we have no chance to get him.
More often than not their football is fecking boring balance is just not there and they have ridden their luck a plenty it's not a sustainable strategy unless they improve substantially it's matter of time before it comes crashing down.

Everybody says results don't matter but more often than not narrative is dictated by it in case of Tottenham it's clearly the case .

And no I would not want him here once Ten Hag is sacked bring somebody younger with fresh ideas .

Giggsy13

It is, but I’m convinced that it won’t even be close to United’s top 4 targets in real life. I repeat again, why would a club claiming it is now football focused and building towards winning titles and CL’s again get Southgate or Potter?

Makes 0 sense. Would be like me saying I want a girlfriend and then chatting up Gary Oldman
I agree, these are lazy media links without any shred of actual evidence that these are the top targets. Essentially, they’ve linked the club with managers that Ashworth knows or has worked with in the past. Clickbait garbage, the usual for any United news.

LordSpud

'I run when I want.'
Jose should've been this guy but even he couldn't sort them out

Teja

He's 6 points behind us and he's playing in a season where they've lost their best players and had their fair share of injuries. Even after all of that they generally manage to control the game better than most other teams.

https://theanalyst.com/2023/08/premier-league-stats-2023-24/

(look for zones of control)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've seen too many brain fart matches for De Zerbi to be convinced he's the guy for any top club just yet, let alone our own. Just a reminder that Brendan Rogers was fair bit more impressive than him (and Ange) in his debut year for Leicester, until it went tits up.
Brendan Rodgers is still a good coach. And for what it's worth be was impressive before Leicester too. The issue for him is that he's become a bit of a joke amongst United supporters and others. But I'm certain he'll coach in the PL again one day and there'll be people saying how he's actually pretty good.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't think it's anything to do with the pressure. They've been stripped off most of their talents and haven't replaced them properly yet. On top of that they've had injury issues all season, and don't have the quality backup that us and others have. We complain about what we have but imagine relying on CBs to play midfield, having the play the likes of Milner and Lallana etc.

parmenio

More often than not their football is fecking boring balance is just not there and they have ridden their luck a plenty it's not a sustainable strategy unless they improve substantially it's matter of time before it comes crashing down.

Everybody says results don't matter but more often than not narrative is dictated by it in case of Tottenham it's clearly the case .

And no I would not want him here once Ten Hag is sacked bring somebody younger with fresh ideas .
Just shows Differences in Opinions he would be my No1 choice if available. Remarkable job Hes done at Spurs so far.

UDontMessWith24

I have some potentially upsetting news for you about the systems they run.

daveskimufc

I can't watch ETH anymore. Sorry but I would take Southgate.

Southgate at least seems willing to change things up.

Eth saw us get hammered by Brentford in the first half, then sent them out for exactly the same in the second.

I honestly don't think Southgate would do that.
I'm definitely NOT advocating getting him. But anyone is better than Eth. Really

UDontMessWith24

I can't watch ETH anymore. Sorry but I would take Southgate.

Southgate at least seems willing to change things up.

Eth saw us get hammered by Brentford in the first half, then sent them out for exactly the same in the second.

I honestly don't think Southgate would do that.
I'm definitely NOT advocating getting him. But anyone is better than Eth. Really
So in your opinion, the instructions from the manager before the game were "look like you're pressing high up the pitch but half arse it, lose as many midfield duals as possible and stay away from any opposition player that has the ball"? Maybe he should be sacked then :lol:

daveskimufc

So in your opinion, the instructions from the manager before the game were "look like you're pressing high up the pitch but half arse it, lose as many midfield duals as possible and stay away from any opposition player that has the ball"? Maybe he should be sacked then :lol:
If this performance was a one off you may have a point, but this is every week, what do they do in training?

UDontMessWith24

If this performance was a one off you may have a point, but this is every week, what do they do in training?
Enough for a few players to leak that they're being asked to work too hard for their liking on the training ground. De Zerbi will ask the players to do very similar things to what Ten Hag is asking both tactically and from a work rate point of view BTW. Not a single manager that's been discussed, not even Southgate, will adjust what he wants to do accommodate low work rate. Ole, who was very well liked in the dressing room, asked for a high work rate, and was sacked because he couldn't get it out of them.

Lentwood

I'm calling it - the right man for the job is Keiran McKenna.

I don't care that he's relatively inexperienced, he came to United with a reputation as the best young coach in the game and was then derided by morons who wrote him off for reasons unknown - most likely his age / association with OGS / the fact he wasn't a 'big name'.

What he has done with Ipswich shows real talent as a manager. That team has no right to be anywhere near the top of the table and yet they keep winning!

None of the other candidates inspire me and so why not take the chance on a young British coach who already knows the club?

Woziak

He‘s leaving because he knows he isn‘t good enough.
He won la liga first season in charge and he’s very much a candidate for manager of the year if he makes the CL final this season with this Barcelona team!

LordSpud

I'm calling it - Gareth Southgate. The only one who's being genuinely linked. SJR wants to put English first.

gaffs

I'm calling it - Gareth Southgate. The only one who's being genuinely linked. SJR wants to put English first.
This SJR only employs English is BS. Is Omar Berrada English? Is Jean Claude Blanc?

It is lazy journalism. The Potter link came from interest in him from Nice and Southgate has been plucked out of thin air.

AndySmith1990

Anyone. Who cares. Put them on a 1 year contract and sack them if they're rubbish. Just get rid of Ten Hag already. The charisma vacuum is a miserable excuse for a manager

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The fraud in charge needs removing but these morons better not even entertain bringing in that clown Southgate or they will make the Glazers look competent