Who should replace Lingard?

Walters_19_MuFc

A squad player should be replacing Jesse. Its clear that he, along with certain other players, shouldnt be starting for us. Some would argue that some players shouldnt even be part of the squad.

We need starters, but we also need game changers from the bench.

As a squad player, I would like to see Todd Cantwell replace Jesse. Got somethng about him. Has an eye for goal, can pass, shoot. Good young player. Likes a dance as well.

Then we need a starting 10 to replace Pereira.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Honestly, I want to stress that this isn't hyperbolic, it's my genuine opinion & I am being 100% serious here. I actually think we would be better playing with 10 men than starting Lingard.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

:lol:

Some of you lot are crazy!
I think it's a fair opinion. He contributes nothing positive, I think we'd look better a man down. Teams tend to work harder & concentrate more with 10. If Lingard gets sent off in the first minute of the game it will have zero impact on the result.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Only messi fits to lace his boots, they have almost similar name ha!

In seriousness, when you mean replace, do you mean sell him and get someone from other club in or play existing player within the club in place of him?

This quaestion is hard to answer as I can't grasp what Ole is trying to do with Jlingz. Nevermind that, I can't even see what overall blueprint of the squad is.

If like for like replacement is what you're looking for, then find somepne with decent pace and dribbling with better game intelligence. Grealish is a good candidate; his freekicks and shooting are also pretty good. But he'll cost a lot though. Might as well use the money for Ziyech.

darko

Lingard is a crap player who acts like an immature boy. I wouldn't expect to see a film called Finding Jesse anytime soon.

Champagne Football

Lingard has gotten cosy picking up
£100,000 a week to warm the bench. It happens. Some footballers lose the heart to fight when they can live it up, simply warming the bench each week. Lingard needs to be sold to a club like Newcastle where he'll be forced out of his comfort zone by being picked every week, until 3 months later he starts to find some form again.

Andreas Pereira seems to be the new Herrera/Nani/Memphis/Anderson/Mata. Looks awesome one week, then goes invisible for the next 4 games. But he's still young so there's a tiny bit of hope left.

In Rainbows

Replace him with Gomes. Make Gomes the back up to Pereira. There is no reason to persist with Lingard if he's just going to give you what Gomes does at his worst, except Gomes can develop at this point while Lingard can't. This is not a look towards Gomes as some savior. We just know that Lingard's better production, which is 0 goals and 0 assists, isn't worth prioritizing over Gomes' development.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't get why with him having publicly admitted his head has ruined his football. Why he is still being given chances to play his way out of zero form.
Manager is out of his depth. Several other players could be playing. He still picks Jesse. No excuses. Ole has to go now. He's clearly got no plan.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
1. A broken lamp post
2. An out of order phone booth
3. A one eyed cat
4. Kleberson
5. Djemba Djemba
6. Lingards socks
7. The bird which pooped in Young's mouth.
8. Robbie Savages' hair
9. Wayne Rooney at 50
10. The hobo near my apartment.

Lentwood

A number 10 that recently went an entire calendar year without a goal or an assist

At this stage I genuinely would rather select one of the ladies from the laundry room than Lingard

Farfetched

In a team that is struggling to be creative when playing out from the back, should a manager really be selecting a player whose positional and tactical awareness is zero, his ability to make the ‘killer’ pass zero and his goal scoring and key contributions record for the past year also reads zero. As the manager you should ensure he has one more zero and that is for first team appearances for the rest of this season. He may be able to find his form/mojo again but not in this yo-yo team and not with a manager who himself is struggling.

MiracleInMadrid

£100,000 a week to warm the bench. It happens. Some footballers lose the heart to fight when they can live it up, simply warming the bench each week. Lingard needs to be sold to a club like Newcastle where he'll be forced out of his comfort zone by being picked every week, until 3 months later he starts to find some form again.

Andreas Pereira seems to be the new Herrera/Nani/Memphis/Anderson/Mata. Looks awesome one week, then goes invisible for the next 4 games. But he's still young so there's a tiny bit of hope left.
Totally agree. And Lingard isn't the only one in the squad in this kind of situation. I would mention Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Young, Fosu-Mensah, Mata and maybe even De Gea and Pogba in the same category. These players are being paid way more than they would most other places. Most of them has disappointed and led us down for several seasons now, and for some reason they are still here and get their contracts extended from time to time.

This comes from absolutely criminal planning and strategizing (or a complete lack hereof) when it comes to shaping the squad, bascially since Woody took over. Cannot believe that a club of this size has been run and lead so amateurish for almost a decade now. And with no sign of changing.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Those 6 players are all completely different. What a weird comparison haha.

As for Lingard, I don't know what we can do. Nobody will pay money for him, so they only way we'll be able to get rid is if we let his contract expire, but this is the club that gave Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo & Ashley Young new contracts, so you just know Lingard's getting one too.

Skills

Snitch

You're overcomplicating it. It's not about effort or commitment, Jesse Lingard just isn't very good for this level and especially the position he plays. It's that simple.

Champagne Football

You're overcomplicating it. It's not about effort or commitment, Jesse Lingard just isn't very good for this level and especially the position he plays. It's that simple.
He's put in some huge performances for us over the years, and scored some nice goals. So you always have to question why a player can not repeat that a year or two later

Skills

Snitch
He's put in some huge performances for us over the years, and scored some nice goals. So you always have to question why a player can not repeat that a year or two later
Because every dog has his day. You replace Lingard with another average/below average player and give him over a 100 PL games as a 10 for United, they'll also occasionally score some bangers and play some good games.

Stadjer

Honestly, I want to stress that this isn't hyperbolic, it's my genuine opinion & I am being 100% serious here. I actually think we would be better playing with 10 men than starting Lingard.
When Lingard made a tackle yesterday i was thinking about him getting a red card. If Lingard would be send off the pitch and United played with 10 men Arsenal would most likely attack more. That would help with Ole his one and only tactic, the counter attack. More space for Rashford and James.

A red card would also mean Lingard wouldnt be able to ruin the attack in build up with another one of his terrible first touches or bad passes like he did many times.

Lingard was so bad that playing with 10 would have been better. I could not believe Ole didnt take him off before or during half time.

EireRed_GS

Right now we could stick a wheelie bin in that no.10 position and its bound to get a higher match rating than Lingard.

Pearl's a minger

I've got a Christmas tree that's pretty much redundant for the next 11 months. I honestly believe even the tree may be of more use as a footballer than Jesse is.

ElDiabloRojo

Sad thing is like yesterday, once I see this fraud on the team sheet I don't even bother watching. He sums up our current state, accepted shite.

Bestietom

We had 3 forwards making runs against Arsenal, and not once did they get a pass put through by Lingard. We need a creative player in this window as We just don't have one in either of the 3 that are tried there. Mata, Lingard, and Pereira have had their chance. It's time we brought someone in now.

LVGSdive

We had Gomes as a ready-made academy replacement. Ole didn't see it, unfortunately. In pre-season, he showed he was ready to step up in my eyes at least. Gomes will go on to have a great career with the talent he has, good luck to him even though it's a shame to see him go.

Kag

My Gran’s ashes are somewhere north of Glasgow. Piece them together and scatter them on the field. The end result will be the same.

Robbie Boy

Another overrated Caf dud over the years in Welbeck finally found his level at a relegation threatened club. Unfortunately for Lingard, he isn't even good enough for that level.

Charles Miller

I dont understand how coaches resist the tentation to change position of players. I would try Lingard as full back.