Who will be the next out of Juventus, Bayern, PSG and Celtic to fail to win their league? Poll added

Which of these teams will fail to win their domestic league first?

• Bayern Munich

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Celtic

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Juventus

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Paris Saint-Germain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aloysius's Back 3

I can't see Klopp leaving Liverpool any time soon. That place is perfect for him.
Me neither but if he did in the future - I don't see him going to a team like Madrid or Barcelona. Milan, Napoli, Valencia, Atl Madrid are the type of teams I see him going to.

Those clubs have the fans ability to put belief in him and watch him improve the players and club slowly.

Andi Latte

I would argue Bayern are due a loss. They are currently on seven in a row, which is - of course - an all-time record in Germany, maybe even Europe. A Bayern team which is far away from being as good as some previous great Bayern sides. And not only this season, this has been true for a few years now.

IMO, this feat is possible for such a squad mostly due to the fact that Bundesliga declined considerably over the past decade, similar to Serie A up until recently.

Most of the time they lose the title after a few years, then they go buy a key player from the side (Dortmund mostly) that beat them and win it back the year after, while the other team fails to maintain the previous campaign's form.

This year however, you have Dortmund and Leipzig (who won't sit idle, knowing Red Bulls strategy in any sport: invest until you're the best) which will probably be back stronger. While Bayern invested heavily in defense already, they are also in need of an offensive rebuild, maybe a midfielder, which won't all be possible this summer.

They're in a similar situation to us, actually

Reactions: Invictus

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
If Rangers can start next season the way they've finished this 1 I think they have a great chance of overhauling Celtic. If Celtic appoint Lennon then i think it's a certain Rangers title. Big summer for both clubs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why have the mods replaced Juventus from my original question with Barcelona?! I mean, by all means, add Barca, but they are not as dominant as the rest and I didn’t include them because they genuinely have another 1.5 super teams in their league, so you never know who will win it in Spain.

Juventus should be added to the poll please.

redshaw

Yes please add Juve, and remove City if only five are allowed. This is about many consecutive titles, not two.

Who will be the next out of Juventus, Bayern, PSG and Celtic

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Me neither but if he did in the future - I don't see him going to a team like Madrid or Barcelona. Milan, Napoli, Valencia, Atl Madrid are the type of teams I see him going to.

Those clubs have the fans ability to put belief in him and watch him improve the players and club slowly.
Bayern or the german NT will be one of his next destinations imo.

Even though he probably doesn't fit to Bayern.

cmacgregor93

I’m calling it now, I think your next manager will be Chris Hughton. Lennon won’t be kept on, he’s too much trouble/circus around him
God I hope so. Would be the right appointment and one that's most realistic right now. We want 10 in a row so badly and we're so close to it right now. Next season is the big milestone to reach and two losses against Gerrard's Rangers is worrying us a bit.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
God I hope so. Would be the right appointment and one that's most realistic right now. We want 10 in a row so badly and we're so close to it right now. Next season is the big milestone to reach and two losses against Gerrard's Rangers is worrying us a bit.
What are your thoughts if Lennon takes over?

dove

Surprised so many people vote Man City, they are not losing the league anytime soon. I think Barca will be first, they have been pretty average and I expect Real Madrid to win the league maybe even next season, if they manage to get the likes of Hazard and Pogba.

Skills

Snitch
Why have the mods replaced Juventus from my original question with Barcelona?! I mean, by all means, add Barca, but they are not as dominant as the rest and I didn’t include them because they genuinely have another 1.5 super teams in their league, so you never know who will win it in Spain.

:lol: this poll has been made obsolete now. Might as well scrap the thread and make a new one?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Agreed. Absurd to replace Juventus with Barcelona.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Juve’s team is aging, the managerial situation is up in the air and some of their best players under 30 are being linked with moves away. Add to that some dodgy signings (Emre Can, Aaron Ramsey and potentially Alexis Sanchez) who aren’t that good compared to what they’ve had the last eight years.

Expecting Inter to win in the next couple of seasons.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Can't vote because Juventus is not on the list.

The other teams you listed will all win their 19-20 leagues. I eventually voted for City because of the Top6 competition.

Why has City been added in? The polls a mess. Original question and options were bang on the money.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol: this poll has been made obsolete now. Might as well scrap the thread and make a new one?
Agreed. Absurd to replace Juventus with Barcelona.
Can't vote because Juventus is not on the list.

The other teams you listed will all win their 19-20 leagues. I eventually voted for City because of the Top6 competition.
Why has City been added in? The polls a mess. Original question and options were bang on the money.
I’ve added Juventus now.

City is a reach too, but I didn’t know how to remove, so let them stay there. City have defended for the first time, and won the league by what, a point? A PL team will find it very hard to replicate what the other options are doing frankly.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I’ve added Juventus now.

City is a reach too, but I didn’t know how to remove, so let them stay there. City have defended for the first time, and won the league by what, a point? A PL team will find it very hard to replicate what the other options are doing frankly.
I've reset the poll and removed City as well as Barcelona.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What? Soon? The one team leagues will stay one team leagues. Same with Ajax in Holland
Ajax just won it for the first time in five years and it was close.

VanAlden

Celtic hopefully. I can't wait to we knock them off their fecking perch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Odds on for another clean sweep again this season. Just Juventus left to see off Lazio.

All of these ‘looking for guaranteed CL football’ players should hist pick one of them and feck off. How can 3 or Europe’s top 5 leagues have the same winner every season? It’s shite.

paulscholes18

Odds on for another clean sweep again this season. Just Juventus left to see off Lazio.

All of these ‘looking for guaranteed CL football’ players should hist pick one of them and feck off. How can 3 or Europe’s top 5 leagues have the same winner every season? It’s shite.
Could almost add Barcelona to the list look a safe bet to make it 5 in 6 seasons

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Could almost add Barcelona to the list look a safe bet to make it 5 in 6 seasons
I don’t know about that. Real are only 5 points behind with a game in hand. That one will go down to the wire.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Juventus or Celtic probably. Juve have quite a chunk of players that are 30 or over and I don't rate Sarri higher than someone like Conte. I know Inter have ruined their chances with back to back losses and Lazio are the ones that could pip them this season but if not then I think Inter have a decent shot at doing it.

Rangers just absolutely shat themselves in the last 9 games before they gave Celtic the title. First 20 games they had 17W 2 D and 1 L. The Last 9 they had 4 W 2 D and 3 L. I think that in a one off game between Rangers and Celtic there isn't that much between them but Celtic have the advantage of dominating the league (especially under Rodgers) and so there is a winning mentality within that squad now and they slice through the rest of the league with ease.

Cloud7

This is one of the reasons I go against the general train of thought on here that the outside investment that has happened in the PL has been bad for the league. Sure it’s made things tougher for United but at least it keeps the league competitive.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
None of these teams have won a CL title either in this period of domination. The only teams winning the CL are from the only two big leagues that have some form of competitiveness. Even the EL has been dominated by England and Spain.

I don’t know how much pride you can have as a player or fan who wins their 9th title in a row. Do the Celtic fans flood the streets every year to celebrate still? It’s like you and your mates entering an U-12 league and going on a parade every year after winning the league.

Wayne's World

Juventus for sure. Look like an aging team and lack plenty of quality and legs in midfield. Possibly win it this season but think Inter could overtake them next season

PSG, Celtic and Bayern will win the next 5+ I'd say unless Dortmund somehow improve defensively then maybe them over Bayern but no time soon

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bayern did in 2013?
I kind of get what he means though. If you look at the Bundesliga table compared to the La Liga table from 13/14 - 18/19 when Real Madrid/Barca were winning the CL all the time the competiveness between the two leagues is quite clear. In the Bundesliga most of the seasons Bayern are winning by 10-20 points whereas in La Liga for most of the seasons Real, Atletico and Barca were all quite close in the title race. There are some anomalies like Bayern only winning the title by 2 points last year or Barca winning the league by 10+ points one season but for the most part the competitiveness in the leagues is quite clear and I think it probably plays a factor in the majority of CL wins.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I kind of get what he means though. If you look at the Bundesliga table compared to the La Liga table from 13/14 - 18/19 when Real Madrid/Barca were winning the CL all the time the competiveness between the two leagues is quite clear. In the Bundesliga most of the seasons Bayern are winning by 10-20 points whereas in La Liga for most of the seasons Real, Atletico and Barca were all quite close in the title race. There are some anomalies like Bayern only winning the title by 2 points last year or Barca winning the league by 10+ points one season but for the most part the competitiveness in the leagues is quite clear and I think it probably plays a factor in the majority of CL wins.
Agreed. People always make it out to be a big deal that you've won the league mid-April and can rest players before the midweek CL ties, but just look at how that worked out for Barca last year. I think it's much more beneficial to be in a tight title race with your players focused and on the top of their game all the way through mid-May.

izec

Lazio was on form before the break, they had good chances of winning it. Don't know now after the break, but if they pick up where they left off, they would be a good guess. I hope they win it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't think you can take this conclusion based on the quality and competition present in one league. For all the talk about the PL's competitiveness how many titles have title contenders won in the past 10 years?

It's a flawed argument.