Who will win the World Cup?

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bert_

Nobody wants to see Netherlands in a final ever again after 2010. Especially not a LVG Netherlands. Christ that final should be etched out of history.
LVG was managing Bayern in 2010. He managed the Netherlands in 2014 when they got knocked out in the semis by Argentina. Most people thought they would struggle to make it out of the group back then but they ended up winning all their games including the 5-1 drubbing of Spain. The run in that WC was one of the reasons we all started to get bit excited about him taking over United once the tournament finished.

Bert_

I reckon an Argentina/Brazil semi to determine which of those two make the final. Whoever wins out of England/France will be the other finalist.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
England to win it. And then refuses to receive the trophy. Calling it a fake World Cup and handing it to the losing finalist’s captain, Ronaldo.

Lost bear

I reckon an Argentina/Brazil semi to determine which of those two make the final. Whoever wins out of England/France will be the other finalist.
I think Brazil are still favourites- but France might do it if Bop keeps up his form.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
England - France - Brazil

Final should be be England / France vs Brazil who look like they have one foot in the final

Red_Heisenberg

Anyone know how that world class team spain got on? Surely they're comfortably in the QF now?

1 win out of 4 and its apparently bizzare to suggest England would be favourites.

Just as stated earlier in the thread, they're completely toothless against any side who stays organised against them. You cant win a world Cup with Morata leading the line.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
After Brazil and France who I thought were heavy favorites, as a neutral I voted for Germany. I saw them with a minuscule chance to win if they clicked together.

Can't imagine any players from England sounding good with a "World Champion" tag. Same with Netherland, Argentina aside from Messi, Spain who just got dumped by Marocco and Portugal.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

After Brazil and France who I thought were heavy favorites, as a neutral I voted for Germany. I saw them with a minuscule chance to win if they clicked together.

Can't imagine any players from England sounding good with a "World Champion" tag. Same with Netherland, Argentina aside from Messi, Spain who just got dumped by Marocco and Portugal.
I don't understand what you're getting at here.
Using this logic I think Harry Kane being a world champion would sound better than Giroud being a double world champion

RopersReturn

Croatia could raise a few eyebrows? I think they’ve finally arrived at this tournament after yesterday’s narrow victory.

SirMonteyne

France will win it, Portugal looked dangerous but we are gonna see the old and same struggling Bruno against a team with good midfielders.

Winrar

Notwithstanding any major upsets, Brazil will probably make it to the final out of their bracket. One of the most impressive teams I've seen on song. If I had to choose a winner right now I would pick them.

Tough call on the other bracket, as you can make a strong case for any of England, France, or Portugal. Morocco is probably gassed at this point, but they've done well so far.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Hilarious to see so many posters boldly declaring that "Team X WILL WIN IT"

None of you have got a freaking clue what will happen. Just say you think such and such team is going to win for whatever reason and stop acting like Moses coming down from Mount Sinai with the stone tablets :lol:

Highfather_24

Ive just realized that 5 out of 8 remaining teams have at lest 1 United player in their squad. There is a fat chance we will watch a world cup winner/s in our team unless one of Maroco, Holland or Croatia win it.
Malacia is from Holland.

crossy1686

career ending
Ive just realized that 5 out of 8 remaining teams have at lest 1 United player in their squad. There is a fat chance we will watch a world cup winner/s in our team unless one of Maroco, Holland or Croatia win it.
I think Rashford could have his Hurst moment in the final if England get there.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So annoying that I have to consider which players I want back first for United when thinking about the winners and even the SFs. Not that it impacts the result but still

I would love a Brazil-Portugal final if England don't make it but if all three hit the SFs, we'll have no players for the PL games in 2022.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hilarious to see so many posters boldly declaring that "Team X WILL WIN IT"

None of you have got a freaking clue what will happen. Just say you think such and such team is going to win for whatever reason and stop acting like Moses coming down from Mount Sinai with the stone tablets :lol:
Calm down, blasphemer. You never know which prophets lurk the Caf. I think I saw John the Baptist in the CE forums getting angry at world leaders over climate change.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I really want Bruno and Dalot to win it even if that means Ronaldo will lift the trophy. Dont give a feck about him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Having watched all the games so far I still think it is Brazil's to lose as they look the strongest side by a fair distance. Having said that, if England defeat France (which I actually think is going to happen) then I'd fancy them to get to the final and then it's all to play for in a one off match.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So annoying that I have to consider which players I want back first for United when thinking about the winners and even the SFs. Not that it impacts the result but still

I would love a Brazil-Portugal final if England don't make it but if all three hit the SFs, we'll have no players for the PL games in 2022.
------------------------De Gea
AWB-------Lindelof----McTominay------Malacia (Williams)
-----------------Donny-----Iqbal
Elanga-----------Eriksen-----------------Garnacho
--------------------Martial

Yeah, would be savage.

Mostly concerned with the fitness of our core, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Great tournament so far, after a rocky start most big teams were able to get it on in their 2nd-3rd round of matches and are now in full strength for the elimination rounds. Some stats so far:

Best attack: England and Portugal, with 12 goals in 4 games each.
Best deffence: Morocco, with only one goal conceded (from Canada of all teams, and an own goal) in 4 games, and that's including penalty shootouts.
Most clean sheets: Morocco and England with 3. They have only conceded once, against Canada and Iran respectively.
Most players scoring: England and Portugal again, with 8 different scoring players each.
Best attacking partnership: France, with Mbappe and Giroud scoring 8 of their 9 goals.
Player of the tournament: Kylian Mbappe from France, with 5 goals, 2 assists and 3 POTM awards. Honorary mentions to Bruno Fernandes 2 goals and 3 assists and Harry Kane (!) with 1 and 3.

I can see paths for several countries to win it now. Of all of them, Brazil's look the most clear. Given some results (AKA the Netherlands making it to semis and Portugal to the final), they could lift the trophy without even facing a former champion. No QF looks easy for any team tough. All of the remaining teams are competitive, and most are really good at not conceding (Portugal the least good with 5 in 4 games, and France the only one without clean sheets).

Champions: Brazil
Runners-up: Portugal
Third place: Argentina

Golden Ball (MVP): Neymar
Golden Boot (Most Goals): Kane
Most Assists: Bruno Fernandes
Best Young Player: Bellingham

Breakout Star: Moukoko

Most Entertaining Team: Brazil
Biggest Underachievers: France
Biggest Overachievers: England
Looks like I’ve got 4 right so far! Proud of my Bruno and Bellingham shouts.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Calm down, blasphemer. You never know which prophets lurk the Caf. I think I saw John the Baptist in the CE forums getting angry at world leaders over climate change.
Don't you dare call me blasphemer, you heathen :nono:

Mshafeek

Brazil are definitely good - but I don't understand why most people are making them strong favorites. Dismantling an open South Korea is not much of an achievement imo and the only other team they properly dominated this time are Serbia. Croatia probably is going to be the toughest test yet, but I don't see them winning the Semi or the Final easily.