Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Logic would tell you it’s still too early in the process but I certainly wouldn’t fear Arsenal that’s for sure. There’s no way they’ll have the bottle come March time.
What and United will?

Both clubs haven't been in a title challenge in years.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah but bottling it is in your DNA not ours
So because Arsenal wobbled in 07-08 it means it could happen again, even though the playing personnel and manager are different?

But then again in 97-98 we reeled you in winning 11 in a row, maybe we can use that as precedent?

Different plyers, different manage, for both clubs.

utd_bigtoker92

Keep going the way we are, then there is no reason why not! To see us playing like a team, for each other, for the fans, it’s fantastic! How unrealistic was a title race was 6 months ago? The work that ten Hag has done with these boys is nothing short of sensational and long may it continue

RedorDead21

So because Arsenal wobbled in 07-08 it means it could happen again, even though the playing personnel and manager are different?

But then again in 97-98 we reeled you in winning 11 in a row, maybe we can use that as precedent?

Different plyers, different manage, for both clubs.
Lads it’s spurs…course it can happen again regardless of different managers and players…

Wheato

If Arsenal and City drop points and we keep winning, then it is inevitable. They won't say it, but we are miles ahead of where we should be after only 6 months under Ten Hag. Imagine what we will be like after 2 seasons. Whatever happens, we are on the up.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Meh. City still the most likely winners imo .
Am not convinced by Arsenal. Think they have yet to have a bad spell. Mind you if we were to beat them I might start getting optimistic!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We can, but we won’t, because despite ETH miraculously transforming our first XI, our back ups are still woefully short of competing, and it’ll take more than one window to fix. We’re an injury to about 5 different players away from being a significantly worse side (or a very similar side to last season) and with the fixtures piling up, that’ll hurt us…

Still, it’s possible. Certainly if we hadn’t lost our opening two very winnable games, but … nah. But im excited to see how far we can push it, at least

fallengt

City still has a chance. Arsenal hasn't played against them. 6 points gap is nothing.
That will help United massively too if City turns up. It would be best case scenario tbh, we haven't seen 3 horses race in a while

Valencia Shin Crosses

We can, but we won’t, because despite ETH miraculously transforming our first XI, our back ups are still woefully short of competing, and it’ll take more than one window to fix. We’re an injury to about 5 different players away from being a significantly worse side (or a very similar side to last season) and with the fixtures piling up, that’ll hurt us…

Still, it’s possible. Certainly if we hadn’t lost our opening two very winnable games, but … nah. But im excited to see how far we can push it, at least
Sort of how I feel. It's fun to talk about a title challenge, and if we get miraculously lucky then maybe we have a shot, but that simply doesn't happen in football. And an injury to Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford, Martial (yes I know he's hated), or Bruno and we certainly go down a level. Defense is really the only spot we have decent cover, and even then without Varane it gets a bit more ropey.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't think we can but for the first time in a decade I'm so fecking happy that it it's actually possible.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not this season, unfortunately.

Looking at the City game, we have so much more to improve in order to catch them. We can’t keep letting them have huge amount of possession and rely on controversial decisions. But we are in a much better condition than earlier in the season and compared to previous years, and there’s a real belief now and less nervousness.

wolvored

Its starting to look promising. Spurs win or draw and we beat the Arse we are right in it.

next_number_seven

30 years ago we hadn't won the league in 26 years. We signed Cantona halfway through the season and he inspired us to end drought.

Now it's a 10 year drought and we sign Weghorst halfway through the season.

dinostar77

If we can continue our good form and not have injuries to key players i.e. rashford, eriksen, casemiro then we may have a chance. As long as we dont slip up somewhere unexpectedtly. Looking at fixture list, the following look our toughest games.

22nd jan Arsenal away.

4th March Liverpool away.

1st april Newcastle away

22nd april Chelsea at home

25th april Spurs away

6th may West Ham away

Kopral Jono

If we get six points against Palace and Arsenal we're in with a good chance. Four points top four guaranteed.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i know it’s early days in ten hag’s stewardship. i know there are a lot of games to go. i know injuries to the wrong players would impact us terribly, but i can’t shake the feeling that if we end the season with more points than everyone else, we might just bloody win the thing.

next_number_seven

A title race would be exciting.

We haven't really had one in 10 years.

Fixture congestion could be a problem but we've two players for each position

Dannn411

If we beat Palace and Arsenal, then you can say we're in the race. Still don't think we'll win it though because the squad is not deep enough. We'll also need another constant goal threat other than Rashford to keep up with Arsenal and City. Candidates will be Garnacho and Weghorst.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The 1% chance we win the league, maybe the glazers may only want to sell a minority stake in the club only! They see the future being financially brighter and may not want to sell out too soon?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah. Arsenal are great this year. It takes a high quality team to win the PL right now. We aren't there yet. Probably 2 more summers for a proper challenge

Thiagoal

For all of you worried about squad depth, I’d argue ours is far stronger than Arsenals. If Partey or Saka were to pick up an injury they really don’t have any adequate cover. If Rashford or Antony picked up an injury, yes we would be weakened but have Garnacho, Sancho, Wout all able to come in and do a decent job. I think the key will be keeping Casemiro fit though as there really is no one any close as influential in our squad at present!

Wal2Fra

We are better than those around us, although Newcastle are also having a very good season themselves.

Opening games apart, we are doing exactly what needs to be done on a Weekley bases, by beating the smaller teams (comfortably more recently too) and picking up points against the big teams. 3 vs Pool, 3 from 6 vs City, 3 vs Spurs & 1 vs Chelsea away (we were the better team in a game they were much better than their current version)

We have a tough run, which started yesterday and a long season ahead, but there are still plenty of points to be dropped by everyone (including 2 Arse vs City games)

This is the most ON it has been for a decade, because unlike in Jose or Ole's 2nd place finishes, we actually look like a team capable of getting results against anyone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not this season, unfortunately.

Looking at the City game, we have so much more to improve in order to catch them. We can’t keep letting them have huge amount of possession and rely on controversial decisions. But we are in a much better condition than earlier in the season and compared to previous years, and there’s a real belief now and less nervousness.
We do. And I hope the players buying into the hype doesn't result in the morale deflating as a result of the gap increasing. We have progressed superbly this season and its important to enjoy and value that in itself.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

538 gives us a 6 percent chance of winning the league which is quite decent all things considered and it has actually grown substantially.

The biggest positive is how banged on we seem for that cl spot .

Cloud7

I don't see why we can't. Strange things happen in football, and this season is anything but the mundane ones we've seen before. If Spurs beat Arsenal today and we beat Palace and Arsenal, why are we not in the conversation? ETH has our first team purring, and for all the complaints about our squad depth, our backup players have been looking good as well. Arsenal don't have any great squad depth either. Something looks off with City and there is no guarantee that they magically find whatever they are missing again.

Gurtej

The first 2 games we lost will in my view be the reason of us not winning the league but who knows…. May be Arsenal lose today and we win against them to bring the difference down to 3-4 points with half a season to play..

Btw, how come we have already played city twice in PL ?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not yet. Squad is too thin and with the EL, things will become a bit tight and potentially tired.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Whatever small chance we may have right now would almost certainly be gone if we are in contention for Europa League at the same time. We don’t have a squad to play a tough game on Thursday and then face PL opponents the following weekend, almost every week between mid February and mid May (we will have to play 9 games to win EL). I’d say that if we are anywhere near the top by the time we face Barcelona in a month (let’s say the gap to the top team is 5 points or less) we should probably aim to play our reserves in EL and focus on the league.

Drawfull

If we can continue our good form and not have injuries to key players i.e. rashford, eriksen, casemiro then we may have a chance. As long as we dont slip up somewhere unexpectedtly. Looking at fixture list, the following look our toughest games.

22nd jan Arsenal away.

4th March Liverpool away.

1st april Newcastle away

22nd april Chelsea at home

25th april Spurs away

6th may West Ham away
If we're there or thereabouts after the Newcastle game, I think we will win it. We need to win most of our remaining games of course, but the first three here are key.

Wal2Fra

Opening games apart, we are doing exactly what needs to be done on a Weekley bases, by beating the smaller teams (comfortably more recently too) and picking up points against the big teams. 3 vs Pool, 3 from 6 vs City, 3 vs Spurs & 1 vs Chelsea away (we were the better team in a game they were much better than their current version)

We have a tough run, which started yesterday and a long season ahead, but there are still plenty of points to be dropped by everyone (including 2 Arse vs City games)

This is the most ON it has been for a decade, because unlike in Jose or Ole's 2nd place finishes, we actually look like a team capable of getting results against anyone.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I can’t see it without a top striker. City are also still a better team than us, they’re just going through a bad patch while we are in our best form in years. But I still think they’re much more likely to go and win 10 on the trot in the later part of the season.

3rd place would be an immense season overall.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Were Manchester United not arsenal. Sick of the small club mentality, we want to win everything that we're in.
Sure, we want that but it simply isn’t going to happen. This squad can’t win four trophies this year. In fact, no club can, but this is a year where we don’t have great strength in depth and have had to fit a World Cup in the middle. Rashford was already on the verge of being sidelined yesterday.

The Europa League is nothing more than a distraction and the one true objective of this season is to make sure we’re not in it next year. Putting the Europa League on low priority is the opposite of small club mentality.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
If by the end of the season all the opposition teams have dropped more points than us then it is possible we might just win the league.