Who would you have as our new manager

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I wouldn't like Neville. Judging by his comments on Sky he'd play a 'keeper and ten wingers.
Haha Ayee, he was pretty pro-wingers when he was talking about the Mata signing. Is that what you are referring to?

I think it was true to some extent though, we do have a lot of number 10's so were going to need to stick one on the wing unless we really revamped the way we play.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Haha Ayee, he was pretty pro-wingers when he was talking about the Mata signing. Is that what you are referring to?

I think it was true to some extent though, we do have a lot of number 10's so were going to need to stick one on the wing unless we really revamped the way we play.
Anytime he's commented on United's style he's expressed the absolute necessity for United to play with width. Which is bollocks. This may actually have something to do with Moyes persisting with Young and Valencia too...

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
NOT MOURINHO, anyone but him please. I know the belief is that modern managers don't stick around for decades any more but Jose is far too much the big name mercenary for me to want him at the club. Also, his roots are too deeply entangled with Chelsea now, it doesn't seem right.

Since one of the biggest gripes people have with Moyes is his mid table, defensive, 'go one nil up then bring on a defender' mentality and lack of winning spirit, I think we could do a lot worse than Solskjaer who has drive and attack mentality. Even Cardiff have started playing attractive football.

Also, if relatively sucessful, Ole would be one for the long term for sure. A rarity in the modern top flight manager.

ricky-romeo

i understand about the "give moyes time " thing, but if we finish outside the top 4, which is almost certain now, then he has to go. for him to turn us from PL winners by 11 points to missing out of the CL spot in a matter of months is totally unacceptable. finishing outside the top 4 for united is almost equivalent of being relegated for 15 or 16 other PL clubs. to be fair to him, he inherited an ageing and a non existing midfield team, and he seems cannot get a break with injuries and so on, but that's his job to at least get us a place in the CL. the fans would totally understand if we cannot win the tittle this season, considering all the consequences but like my point above, 4th place has to be the minimum. unless he wins us the champions league of course, seems likely the only way for us to remain in the CL next season. :lol:

i'll for for klopp. got a feeling that he would consider a move this summer. he would be very excited to have a 100-150 million transfer kitty for once. and we all know the brand of football he will bring here.

ole would be a romantic choice for sure. he would be a guardiola like appointment for us, with a bit more experience compared to guardiola when he first took over at barca of course. ole did well to win trophies with the united reserve and molde. a bit too early for ole some might think, but he is my 2nd choice after klopp.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
to be fair to him, he inherited an ageing and a non existing midfield team, and he seems cannot get a break with injuries and so on, but that's his job to at least get us a place in the CL. the fans would totally understand if we cannot win the tittle this season, considering all the consequences but like my point above, 4th place has to be the minimum. unless he wins us the champions league of course, seems likely the only way for us to remain in the CL next season. :lol:
Excuse me? To be fair to him? You are talking like we tied his hands and asked him not to buy new players. He had an entire summer to find new players. Granted it wasnt an eternity, he definitely had prior knowledge of the players of the club and it was decided in May that he would be manager. He should have got in his ideas then as to who he wanted to bring in and not just focus on one player who wasnt gettable from the start. And also not many here thought we could defend the title. I certainly didnt. All I wanted from the start is that we finish in the top 4 and that is unlikely to happen.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Klopp just seems too much of a loose cannon for my liking to be honest.
Mou is also a loose cannon sometimes but that doesnt stop us from wanting him. He poked an opposing manager in the eye ffs. Klopp footballing philosophy is just ideal for us right now. We need a change from the stagnant 4-4-2 and I love the way Dortmund play.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Some credentials the next manager must meet...
Previous success.
Plays predominantly attacking football.
Anything after that is a bonus really as far as I'm concerned.

ricky-romeo

Excuse me? To be fair to him? You are talking like we tied his hands and asked him not to buy new players. He had an entire summer to find new players. Granted it wasnt an eternity, he definitely had prior knowledge of the players of the club and it was decided in May that he would be manager. He should have got in his ideas then as to who he wanted to bring in and not just focus on one player who wasnt gettable from the start. And also not many here thought we could defend the title. I certainly didnt. All I wanted from the start is that we finish in the top 4 and that is unlikely to happen.
why don't you quoted my whole post?

he made a mistake by making fabregas his main target when it was impossible to get him, and instead sign fellaini. i know that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Klopp would be perfect. Simeone would be very good.

I wouldn't even mind someone like Martinez or pocchetino.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Whatever about people worrying that we won't attract big players when we fall out of the Champions League, I don't think we'll have any trouble getting a proper replacement for Moyes when he's finally gone.

1. Replacing Moyes will already be a plus in their column. It'll be almost impossible for them to be any worse than him.
2. Apparently we have shitloads of money to spend in the summer, another big thing that will lure managers.
3. Rooney (If he stays) Mata and Van Persie (If he stays). Plenty of managers would love to work with that.
4. Helping to rebuild United. I'm sure that's a project many managers will be interested in.

I'd say go all out for Klopp. He's won the Bundesliga and got to a Champions League final playing very attractive football. The players will respect that, or should at least.

Just need to keep Fergie away from the recruitment panel.....:nervous:

Bojan11

Why are people saying Ole?

I'd rather have Pocchetino than him. Yes, Ole has had a tough start. But I remember the difference Pocchetino made to Southampton in his first game against us. They played us off the park and were unlucky to lose. Fergie praised them and said it was the best performance against us.

Sylar

I kind of doubt we will go away from British managers. In fact I dont think we have ever had a non british manager in our history, which is why I think we went for Moyes above otehrs who had a better record. (even though I think we should have done so in the summer but thats for another time)

Bojan11

I kind of doubt we will go away from British managers. In fact I dont think we have ever had a non british manager in our history, which is why I think we went for Moyes above otehrs who had a better record. (even though I think we should have done so in the summer but thats for another time)
If Moyes gets sacked. There is nobody decent who is British that we could get apart from Jamie Redknapp obviously.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I wouldn't mind Biesla, if only for a couple of months just so I get to remember what it was like to bomb forward, press hard and having something more fun to listen to at interviews.
Tongue in cheek of course.

soapythecat

I laughed when I seen the shout for Big Sam, but in retrospect, I doubt he could do much worse. We would certainly be tighter at the back. I'm not saying for a second we should get him in...bloody awful choice but still do a better job than is currently going on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Klopp and Simeone.

Outsiders: Hiddink, Bielsa,

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Klopp just signed a new contract till 2018. He wouldn't have done so if he wanted to leave Dortmund in the near future.

Varun

Staff
The likes of Klopp, Pep and Mourinho would be 1st choice but none of them are available.

So of the ones we could realistically get, Simeone, Ancelotti, etc.

The likes of Ole need to prove themselves first.

All of that said, Moyes will be here start of next season unless things go even more fecked up.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Devilish.

Plenty of experience with under-12 Maltese sides, and has a deceade-long proven experience in knowing what's best for the club. If hired, we'd benefit from his vast knowledge of Italian football, and potential contacts in the continent. Fergie even used his phone once, so is likely to return a favour and approve the appointment.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Moyes was the wrong appointment and shouldn't be used to compare other possible candidates.
Jose Mourinho. It would be the perfect footballing marriage. It's destined to happen.

Moyes is definitely going to feck up more often than not in the remaining games for sure...

Jose - get ready.