Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There was a period where City were dropping points and playing really poorly though. I don't think you can just dismiss this as an issue, as that's unfair on Pep who has turned it around. It wouldn't be dismissed so lightly if the shoe were on the other foot.
I'm not sure what you're getting at? I'm implying City have done well to get where they are in the league after their recent form.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
No not really just saying he seems to have tighten up a leaky defense. What Chelsea are going through is a normal manager bounce but their defensive change has been impressive or at least I think so.
I am not Ole out in no way or form but he now has over 2 years here and our defense is shambolic as a unit, that can´t be ignored.
Games against wolves, Sheffield United, Spurs, Burnley and Barnsley. I get your point that our defence is shakey but using tuchel coming after three games against those sides that are hardly super attacking to make a point is just the same as looking at Ole when he First came in, and ripped up. You can’t now use another teams new manager bounce against him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have said this all season in every Ole out or Ole in thread. Let's see where we are in May. If he gets top 4 again it will be the first time we have had back to back top 4 finishes since Fergie. He will stay if he gets us that.

If we finish 5th or lower and don't win the Europa he will probably get the boot.

People calling for our manager to be sacked right now in second place are bed wetters. They don't understand how crazy and dangerous that would be. You don't sack a coach in 2nd place unless you're in a tin pot league and expect to win the title every year like some clubs do like PSG.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not sure what you're getting at? I'm implying City have done well to get where they are in the league after their recent form.
Maybe I have misunderstood your point regarding City having no issues as I thought you meant injuries/dealing with Covid, for which they've had many issues and have dropped points. So what point are you making? Because only City have dealt with it well, we can't be criticised for it?

Idxomer

It could trend all season for all I care but I'll give you some reasons:

• Crashed out of the Champions League in an embarrassing fashion after losing to one of the worst teams in Turkey this season.

• Lost another semi-final.

• His transfers continue to disappoint (Maguire - DVB - AWB - James), the jury still out on Cavani and Telles

• Won 2 games comfortably all season in the league and still struggles to beat shit teams for the 3rd season in a row.

• When all your strikers keep misfiring, a considerable part of the blame should be directed at the manager.

• His in-game management still leaves a lot to desire and his persisting with underperforming players keep hurting the team game after game.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because it’s obvious he isn’t going to win anything. Under Ole we’re going in circles. 360 turn FC.

- very limited tactics

- extremely poor in game management

- lack of ambition (lowering fans expectations)

- horrendous defensive organisation

- non existent movement off the ball

- horrible football most games

- awful champions league exit

- wasted £180m on Maguire, AWB, James & VDB, none of whom have improved us. We concede more now than we did with Valencia, Young, Smalling & Jones

- we’re soft, when we have a chance at glory we bottle it

Take away moments of individual brilliance from Bruno, Rashford & Pogba. Where on earth would we be?

Last edited:

Andy_Cole

The pessimist in me thinks we won’t turn this form around now and will end the season scraping top 4/ fall short. No progression from last year. Basically similar to our CL campaign, start well and end with a whimper.

If that happens, I’d like a change. Let’s hope this slump ends and we can win our next run of games.

padzilla

Hipster
It is trending because many fans believe he is not the man to help us reach our potential and would not be near the job if he was not a club legend. Many fans believe that a more qualified manager would help us to achieve much more than what Ole has done. For all the talk of progress we finished second in Jose’s last full season with us and won two trophies the year before, under LVG we won the FA Cup. Achievements that Ole has not matched yet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe I have misunderstood your point regarding City having no issues as I thought you meant injuries/dealing with Covid, for which they've had many issues and have dropped points. So what point are you making? Because only City have dealt with it well, we can't be criticised for it?
My point is that City have dealt with the issues better than any other club. They've put a run together at the right time and now have a strong lead at the top.

Everyone else has struggled badly at one point or another during the season, but out of all of those teams so far we have done the best. We're second in the league still. If we had dropped a load of places due to the recent results maybe I'd look at it differently. However every team around us is also dropping points quite consistently, so do all their managers need sacking as well? It's just quite hyperbolic for me. Of course Utd can and should be criticized but I think some of it is overblown.

red4ever 79

The pessimist in me thinks we won’t turn this form around now and will end the season scraping top 4/ fall short. No progression from last year. Basically similar to our CL campaign, start well and end with a whimper.

If that happens, I’d like a change. Let’s hope this slump ends and we can win our next run of games.
We have patches under Ole, that is the one consistent. When we go on a run and gain momentum and confidence we look great. We did that when he was hired as caretaker we did that least season from Jan to April, we have done that this season from Nov to Jan. However when this team gets a bad result it all goes to pot. Again we are not able to pick it up after a bad result, the bad form just continues until eventually it is too late. Now it is too late to be in a title race. That is most concerning for me and we are not progressing in that sense. Cant keep relying on Bruno to bail us out. Ole mentioning we are still in Europe aswell was amateurish at best.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If ole got the boot. Chances are his whole coaching team will follow the door.

James
Awb is a suspect with modern attacking coach who will likely want a functional full back who can move forward.
Martial meh
Scott is a good backup
Lindeloff
James

Lack of proper cm bar bruno and pogba.

Lack of striker and rw

Basically the next manager arent exactly taking a good team ready to compete
You're right and the follow on from that will be that you want the next manager sacked. So why are you expecting it to compete under Ole?

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Ole isn't bad enough to get sacked but also not good enough to win us the trophies we want. So we will be stuck with many false dawns.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
FairPlay, reading this thread has brightened up my morning.

Here I am enjoying what I feel for the first time since Fergie a team that I actually like, enjoy watching games again instead of actually dreading them or not caring if I missed them, We were in a spiralling doom of death at the end of mourhino with threads questioning would we be relegated, now we have threads dissapointed we fell out of a title race, I think there’s clear signs of progress.

Reading all the Pe teacher, patterns of play, we should win because of Covid, subs!!!! Liverpool will dominate for years, abusing our players and whatever other nonsense comments used to annoy me, they’ve got to the point where I actually enjoy other people’s anger at the club instead of being frustrated by it

padzilla

Hipster
The fact that nearly all of our rival fans are delighted that Ole is still managing us should tell us why this is trending.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The fact that nearly all of our rival fans are delighted that Ole is still managing us should tell us why this is trending.
Who shall we get to garuntee us the league and to beat the almighty pep and klopp?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
FairPlay, reading this thread has brightened up my morning.

Here I am enjoying what I feel for the first time since Fergie a team that I actually like, enjoy watching games again instead of actually dreading them or not caring if I missed them, We were in a spiralling doom of death at the end of mourhino with threads questioning would we be relegated, now we have threads dissapointed we fell out of a title race, I think there’s clear signs of progress.

Reading all the Pe teacher, patterns of play, we should win because of Covid, subs!!!! Liverpool will dominate for years, abusing our players and whatever other nonsense comments used to annoy me, they’ve got to the point where I actually enjoy other people’s anger at the club instead of being frustrated by it
How much did you enjoy the games against arsenal everton shef.utd and west brom? A bore nil nil draw, a last minute equaliser conceded at home, a historic home loss and another embarassing attacking performance against the worst team in the league.

Cast5

It doesn’t really matter what hashtags are trending, the online fan base’s opinions are completely irrelevant to the club and match going fans, hashtag this hashtag that, none of it means anything, the fact is Ole has the backing of the club and match going fans, if fans were in the ground they’d be singing Ole’s name. Don’t take this as me saying “you’re not a fan if you don’t go to games” because I’m not, the fact is boo’s in the stadium are far more impactful than hashtags and retweets.

A lot of these twitter United fans tweet things for likes, they’ll tweet stuff about the Glazers even though they only found out about them last year, then call match going reds “top reds” you know the same reds who actually tried to do something about it 15 years ago when we were still winning things? These twitter United fans started a Glazer out protest that had thousands of likes and about 4 people turned up to Old Trafford. Do you think these people actually have an impact on whether the manager should be sacked? It’s all just irrelevant noise.

Ole is doing a better job so far than 2 world class managers in Van Gaal and Jose, he’s also doing better than a far more experienced Moyes who had a title winning squad at his disposal, Yes they won trophies but was it ever sustainable? Go and ask Spurs fans if they would rather have Poch back instead of winning a league cup.

Ole is building a squad for the long term and resetting the culture, we will win trophy’s under Ole I’m certain of it. The facts are his first full season he finished 3rd behind the 2 best teams in the country, his second season he’s 2nd, 6 points clear of Liverpool. If people say this isn’t progress then I don’t know what progress is. Personally, this is the most I’ve enjoyed watching United since Fergie retired.

I saw some of the Ole Out brigade saying Ole would have been sacked at Bayern, this statement alone tells you all you need to know about the intelligence of some of these people.

If you don’t rate Ole that’s completely fine just stop with the lies and vitriolic attacks on him.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How much did you enjoy the games against arsenal everton shef.utd and west brom? A bore nil nil draw, a last minute equaliser conceded at home, a historic home loss and another embarassing attacking performance against the worst team in the league.
Lots!
how much did you enjoy knocking Liverpool out of the cup or putting 9 past soton and 6 past Leeds?

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Because most "fans" out there grew up on a diet of dominance under Sir Alex, and can't understand that things have changed and the competition is stiffer with Man City boasting a truly world class squad. These "fans" think that managing a football club is like FM and are incredibly impatient, without taking into account the actual good work and progress Ole has made in the past few years.

To be honest I still feel like we are in a team in transition, but still doing really well all things considered. Even in last night's game, I felt we battered WBA and they were lucky to get away with a point. It's a lot better than how we looked under Mourinho for sure and Ole deserves more time to shape this team. Most of these so-called "fans" are trolls or just can't see things realistically.
Fantastic post. Could not agree more. I was an OleOuter last year but I realised this year how stupid and short-sighted I was. Progress is being made.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Lots!
how much did you enjoy knocking Liverpool out of the cup or putting 9 past soton and 6 past Leeds?
add the leipzig 5-1, the psg 3-1 and thats pretty much all of our good games this season. Wanna hear about all the other shit games we've played?

hobbers

There has been no progress if we dont improve our points tally from last season. And don't improve our record of bottling it in every cup competition so far under Ole. And on recent form, we won't be doing either.

Performances... for every good performance this season there has been at least 3 absolute fecking stinkers. That's not hyperbole. We have been fecking atrocious in so many games including plenty of wins.

And if there's no tangible progress in results or performances by the end of a manager's second full season, in Ole's case will be 2.5 years in the job, then the manager deserves to be sent packing, whoever he is.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

And I did no such thing with Mourinho- a manager that I didnt agree with from the off whilst majority was craving him like @Womp said he did.

So you got it wrong, I'm not backing a manager for the sake of it - yet I have seen him rebuild the squad to a great level that i have not seen with 4 managers before him (including the last few years of SAF).

This is the first time we have managed to ditch out Sanchez, Rojo,Lingard, Pereira, chong, Chris Smalling, TFM, Lukaku, Ashley Young, and the future obvious transfers of Juan Mata, Phil Jones, Sergio Romero.

Like fine, if you cant see it then dont see it. The guy is rebuilding this United Squad and I personally dont care if we aren't winning a title in the 2nd year which such an imbalanced squad from managers that 'the winners mentality fans' bought in to this club in the first place.

Ole is going to ditch out one of Bailly and Lindelof for the first proper RCB we had in a decade. We are going to get our first RW since Ronaldo because Ole knows it needs to be done as seen by us targeting Sancho just at the start if the season. People loving Amad in 3 games. Then the need for a predatory striker - a younger more deadly version of Cavani; hence why we targeted Haaland and still Ole says he is keeping and eye on him. Let the Mourinho ageing style CDM of Matic be sold or retire before we get a new on.

We are literally 4 gaps in the first team away from having a balanced squad in nearly 15 years (because I didnt rate SAF's final years of his team).

Yet people want to bring Brendan Rodgers and Nagelsmann in to spoil it all and to sort out their thirst for a quick title (funnily enough by most of the shift in quality that Ole has done in less than 2 seasons). I've got not problem with Rodgers and Nagelsmann coming here in the future - but to think they would come here and sort out our squad and the club as a whole is plain delusional.

Rodgers bought Borini, Joe Allen, iago waspas, Simon Mignolet, Kolo toure, Mamadou Sakho :lol: the list literally goes on at the crap he bought for Liverpool.

And again, I'm open to the fact that managers can change and get better - but why oh why would you want to chuck out a manager that is rebuilding the squad right in front of your eyes.

You are literally complaining about - Lindelof is crap, we need a new RW, martial needs to be sold and get a better more deadly striker, we need to sign Grealish, bringing back henderson because De Gea needs to improve - thread upon thread about everything the fans want - yet they pretend like Ole hasnt seen this and hasnt aimed for this even before the fans did.

What's the use - no one will change their mind. Some fans are just reactive to situation Like David De Gea, using their reflexes to come out with their thoughts when the going gets tough and we lose against crap teams that have focused down on our weak spots ( covering the not off the line GK, heading down the RCB, sitting back because neither out RW can create nor do we have a good enough striker to take chances, us hardly being able to play Pogba and Bruno together because our CDM is 40 meaning we lack creativity).

Reflex all you want but ultimately you think Rodgers will do better with this squad than Ole will then so be it. Just to let you know that Ndidi, Maddison, Vardy, Pereira, Schmeichel and Barnes were at Leicester before rodgers. Leicester have a good ability of building a squad as seen with the Kante and Mahrez era. So do RB Leipzig which is well known. United dont have any of this with Woodward. Let's just hope the fans dont cry out for the 2nd coming of Mourinho because the majority shouting about their needs doesnt mean its necessarily right as proven by the Jose era itself.
*claps vigorously*

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's mad, especially when there are no real worthwhile options available to replace him.

That said, I do think Ole's limitations are seeping through again, and our inevitable good-run/bad-run cycle is once again materialising.

Fully expecting us to be sucked into a top 4 dog-fight, which really should be avoidable all things considered.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'd like to enjoy more than 10 games a year if that's not too much to ask.
You can pick individual games all you like or moan about games where we win without destroying the other team sufficiently.

have you liked a team, thought a team had more potential or enjoyed the season more in any other year since Fergie? If so, what year and team?

Ladron de redcafe

Fantastic post. Could not agree more. I was an OleOuter last year but I realised this year how stupid and short-sighted I was. Progress is being made.
Is there? We've been disjointed for the most part. I think there's a chance we'll end up 3rd but that's no guarantee because the team's form has taken a downturn. Where has the tangible progress been?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You can pick individual games all you like or moan about games where we win without destroying the other team sufficiently.

have you liked a team, thought a team had more potential or enjoyed the season more in any other year since Fergie? If so, what year and team?
The year we won an fa cup under lvg and the second mourinho year.

Siorac

It's trending because while he's a nice guy with the right ideas and a decent man manager, it's blatantly obvious that he's not good enough to get a team to compete at the very highest level. We keep alternating between great runs of results and prolonged periods of absolute shite, with no evidence that we're building towards something special. I'm skeptical of the idea that we can fix all this with a couple of good signings, too - it's accepted wisdom that the defence is the weakest part of our team and yet that's where we spent the most under Ole.

Now, that doesn't mean we should sack him right away. With no obvious replacement available, that might do more harm than good at this point because it'd mean yet another managerial appointment with no strategy or long-term thinking behind it. However, I very much hope that Woodward and co. are looking at potential replacements, exploring our options. And of course a new contract should be completely out of the question for now.

POF

The crazies are back again. It was nice while it lasted . . . . .

Wittmann45

Ole is doing a better job so far than 2 world class managers in Van Gaal and Jose, he’s also doing better than a far more experienced Moyes who had a title winning squad at his disposal, Yes they won trophies but was it ever sustainable? Go and ask Spurs fans if they would rather have Poch back instead of winning a league cup.
I like Ole and I think he will have an interesting legacy, but lets relax on saying he is clearly better than Van Gaal and Jose. Jose's third year was an absolute disaster and his football was boring, but Ole has yet to have anything like Jose's second season here - 81 points, multiple trophies and one of the better defensive records in the league. Fans rightfully dislike Jose, but if Ole had a year like that, he would be deified by many.

Also, I think if you ask a lot of United fans, they also would prefer Poch to Ole, so I don't really get your point

I'm also always concerned when his biggest achievement is often seen as "resetting the culture." He has reduced the size of the bloated squad and he is much better in the media than Jose, but there is always a danger that this can be used as a sort of crutch or veneer when real achievements cannot be pointed too. He had a great run of form after the COVID restart and another this year after the Spurs defeat (at least in the league), but, obviously, the team has struggled again recently.

Progress to me would be finding a lot more consistency. Not just challenging for titles, but, after being given time and maybe a few more signings, Ole can find a way to get consistent results, not just these really frustrating purple patches followed by really poor results.

Last edited:

Phil

Baffles me how people aren't open to both opinions, rather than having to be strictly #OLEIN or OLEOUT.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Baffles me how people aren't open to both opinions, rather than having to be strictly #OLEIN or OLEOUT.
It’s just the state of the world at the moment in everything, everything has to be a divide, are you this side or that side with no middle ground.
Whatever happened to just supporting the team and enjoying a season