Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

Water Melon

How many top top players would like to work under Ole? Most of us here are talking about bringing in the best players to close a big gap between ourselves and City. Pep is on another level compared to the gaffer, so manager-wise we are behind. How are we going to attract the cream of the cream of the players to close the gap squad-wise? Will Mbappe be willing to work under him, Haaland, Messi? Pogba is very likely to leave, Bruno is not eager to sign a new contract. Do we think they are hesitating to re-new because of money offered or trophies expected? Unless we go on a decent run in the league again and win EL, I'd seriously consider replacing Solskjaer come summer.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How many top top players would like to work under Ole? Most of us here are talking about bringing in the best players to close a big gap between ourselves and City. Pep is on another level to Ole, so manager-wise we are behind. How are we going to attract the cream of the cream of the players to close the gap squad-wise? Will Mbappe be willing to work under Ole, Haaland, Messi? Pogba is very likely to leave, Bruno is hesitant to sign a new contract. Do we think they are hesitating to re-new because of money offered or trophies expected? Unless we go on a decent run again and win EL, I'd seriously consider replacing Solskjaer come summer.
replace with who?. Who will haaland, messi or Mbappe be willing to work under if they’re not happy to work with Ole

Infra-red

Sacking him right now, today, 15 February, would make absolutely no sense - he will obviously finish the season.

In my view, we should look to replace him in the summer if there are viable options available to us - I have never thought that he's up to it and we won't win trophies or play the kind of football we want to see, while he's the manager.

However, I don't think that the club is particularly interested in trophies or the style of football. The reality is, if we finish top four, he'll keep his job - if we don't and we fail to win the Europa League, he'll be fired.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The year we won an fa cup under lvg and the second mourinho year.
Ok, because you ignored me asking the first time, I’ll ask again. Do you think it was a mistake to sack those managers if those are the seasons you enjoyed most and thought we had more potential?

El Zoido

It’s because social media was a mistake. A plague upon society. Honest to god I want some sort of coronal mass ejection event to fry every piece of electronic in the world so we can collectively disconnect from this dystopian hell and return our humanity. Same reason we get an “x player racially abused after game” story every time we don’t win. It’s not that people are more racist than they were 30 years ago, it’s that now instead of having to hear some prick down the pub spewing his bile, we get the opinions of a billion people simultaneously. Turns out most people are arseholes, who knew. I’ve already deleted Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all my social media and it’s still impossible to avoid, like a noxious gas that permeates every aspect of the modern world, slowly poisoning the mind. I legitimately would love to see the whole thing burn to the ground, but unfortunately as a species we’re too narcissistic to let it happen. #OLEOUT is nothing, it’s just a hashtag where we can collectively round up the morons. Unfortunately we can’t stop hearing from them though. 30 years ago it was a couple of clowns with “Tara Fergie” scrawled on a bedsheet, now it’s a million people screaming it in your face. What a garbage world this is.

Lewnited

Hashtags like #OleIn and #OleOut just fly in the face of actual, reasoned debate. I personally think he's taken us as far as he can, but lets just see where we are in May.

If we stumble over the Top 4 line while still looking as disjointed as we always do, sack him. If he turns it around and we actually manage to string 2 or 3 decent performances together at a time, back him. Having the debate now is a waste of energy surely.

Water Melon

replace with who?. Who will haaland, messi or Mbappe be willing to work under if they’re not happy to work with Ole
Zidane is an option, so are Bayern, Haaland preferred Dortmund over United. How about that guy at Juve? I for one am also sure that an absolute majority of players would rather be managed by Poch at PSG, rather than Ole at United. Ole has shown sweet feck during his career. He is not a level 1 manager, probably not even tier 2. Brendan Rogers or Ole, I know who would Arsenal pick. Chelsea would never ever trust Ole, they gambled with Lampard, realized they got it wrong and went for Tuchel instead. Would they ever consider Solskjaer if he was available?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am Ole out and even I think that he's doing a half decent job.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Zidane is an option, so are Bayern, Haaland preferred Dortmund over United. How about that guy at Juve? I for one am also sure that an absolute majority of players would rather be managed by Poch at PSG, rather than Ole at United. Ole has shown sweet feck during his career. He is not a level 1 manager, probably not even tier 2. Brendan Rogers or Ole, I know who would Arsenal pick. Chelsea would never ever trust Ole, they gambled with Lampard, realized they got it wrong and went for Tuchel instead. Would they ever consider Solskjaer if he was available?
So Ole should be sacked for Pirlo or zidane?

arnie_ni

Hashtags like #OleIn and #OleOut just fly in the face of actual, reasoned debate. I personally think he's taken us as far as he can, but lets just see where we are in May.

If we stumble over the Top 4 line while still looking as disjointed as we always do, sack him. If he turns it around and we actually manage to string 2 or 3 decent performances together at a time, back him. Having the debate now is a waste of energy surely.
Yep. 14 games left, including City, leic, pool, spurs, Chelsea. We need to go on a run, finish comfortably 2nd and win a cup.

If we choke in the cups, again, and struggle to make top 4 he has to go.

Siorac

but Ole has yet to have anything like Jose's second season here - 81 points, multiple trophies and one of the better defensive records in the league.
You're conflating two seasons here. We didn't win a trophy in 2017/18.

Strelok

Enlighten me. Why?

It seems like they are coming back with these template of tweets, saying we have no progress.
These are expected, we are never going to win the title this season, and among all the other teams we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now.

That is progress.
Because most of the so called "fans" today are those ignorant, spoiled, entitled, stupid brats?

Water Melon

So Ole should be sacked for Pirlo or zidane?
If Zidane was available, I'd say yes. I would take Brendan Rogers over him, Naigelsmann, Tuchel, Pochettino. They have all shown that their ceiling is higher than Ole's.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If Zidane was available, I'd say yes. I would take Brendan Rogers over him, Naigelsmann, Tuchel, Pochettino. They have all shown that their ceiling is higher than Ole's.
I think you’re just naming managers you’ve seen in the champions league to be honest.

2 of them have just signed for new clubs for a start, how would they replace Ole today?

You also suggested Pirlo? What trees has he been ripping up at juve? Great patterns of play I guess.

Brendan? The guy who made wonder signings for Liverpool but does well with smaller clubs admittedly.

nagglesman, true flavour of the month, patterns of play, well timed subs, what’s not to like.

zidane, 3 times champions league winner with Real Madrid, could do well but honestly have my doubts about him but he just fitted Madrid perfectly. Ole would be absolutely slated on here if he took a half time team talk in the same manners as zidane in that leaked champions league dressing room video.

so out of all your suggestions, which ones do you honestly believe in?

padzilla

Hipster
Yeah, let's start taking rival fans' advice on how to run Manchester United.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that but I think it is fair to say there remain many who have yet to be convinced that Ole is the best man for the job. The lack of consistency and it either being a feast or famine every few weeks is not helping.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rodgers is a good manager, but he isn't a definite upgrade on Ole. People call Ole a bottler and a manager whose sides are mentally not able to cope with pressure, but the same can be said about Rodgers as well. leaving aside the obvious two instances, Rodgers record this season whenever they had an opportunity to leapfrog us into 2nd is like this:
Man Utd lost to SHU on 27th Jan, later that day they drew vs Everton and missed the chance
We drew vs Arsenal on 30th, On 31st, Leicester lost to leeds.
We drew to Everton last week, a day later they missed yet another opportunity by drawing vs Wolves.

This is one of the things Ole was criticized for last season, when we were were failing to capitalize on Chelsea's slip ups. But I can se the same argument now on Leicester. Does it make sense? Maybe/Maybe not, but it did make sense to a lot of posters on here last year who were willing to criticizze Ole for everything

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Rodgers is a good manager, but he isn't a definite upgrade on Ole. People call Ole a bottler and a manager whose sides are mentally not able to cope with pressure, but the same can be said about Rodgers as well. leaving aside the obvious two instances, Rodgers record this season whenever they had an opportunity to leapfrog us into 2nd is like this:
Man Utd lost to SHU on 27th Jan, later that day they drew vs Everton and missed the chance
We drew vs Arsenal on 30th, On 31st, Leicester lost to leeds.
We drew to Everton last week, a day later they missed yet another opportunity by drawing vs Wolves.

This is one of the things Ole was criticized for last season, when we were were failing to capitalize on Chelsea's slip ups. But I can se the same argument now on Leicester. Does it make sense? Maybe/Maybe not, but it did make sense to a lot of posters on here last year who were willing to criticizze Ole for everything
Managers of other clubs will not be under such a fine microscope from our fans so will always look better and more rosy. I doubt any who are calling for Rogers to replace Ole while smacking Oles mentality realise what you pointed out

Cast5

I like Ole and I think he will have an interesting legacy, but lets relax on saying he is clearly better than Van Gaal and Jose. Jose's third year was an absolute disaster and his football was boring, but Ole has yet to have anything like Jose's second season here - 81 points, multiple trophies and one of the better defensive records in the league. Fans rightfully dislike Jose, but if Ole had a year like that, he would be deified by many.

Also, I think if you ask a lot of United fans, they also would prefer Poch to Ole, so I don't really get your point

I'm also always concerned when his biggest achievement is often seen as "resetting the culture." He has reduced the size of the bloated squad and he is much better in the media than Jose, but there is always a danger that this can be used as a sort of crutch or veneer when real achievements cannot be pointed too. He had a great run of form after the COVID restart and another this year after the Spurs defeat (at least in the league), but, obviously, the team has struggled again recently.

Progress to me would be finding a lot more consistency. Not just challenging for titles, but, after being given time and maybe a few more signings, Ole can find a way to get consistent results, not just these really frustrating purple patches followed by really poor results.
The point about Poch mate is that whenever you say Ole is doing a good job and it’s far more enjoyable than previous seasons people say “Jose won trophies though and so did Van Gaal” The football was terrible though and it never felt long term they both left squads worse than the ones they took over from, So my point is Spurs fans would want Poch back over Mourinho football and a trophy.

All I’m saying is Ole plays good football and we’ve been so close to a trophy (4 semis) and we’re currently 2nd, in the Europa and Fa cup. I’d just say be careful what we wish for sacking Ole. Woodward has already signed Jose, Van Gaal, Moyes. The idea that Woodward is going to hire some young progressive manager is just wishful thinking.

sugar_kane

There's no need for us to lose our shit because we've started falling away in our push for the title

Prior to the season starting you'd be hard pushed to find anyone saying we'd finish above fourth whether pundits or fans

If we finish outside top four I'll be pissed off, but so far this has been a decent season with the only real disappointment being not getting out of the group stages in the Champions League.

tomaldinho1

The reasonable stance - if you are Ole out - if that there's little point replacing him right now unless we nosedive out of reckoning for the top four.

I actually don't think United fans should be split on this at all - it should be completely meritocratic. He's got a very realistic bar right now to warrant another season - I personally think he only needs to finish top four which gives us consecutive CL football. Add in Chelsea's issues, Liverpool being very 'normal' and the fact we really haven't had many injuries, there should be no excuses and I think Ole will be saying the same to the players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha the old Poch romanticism. Higher ceiling? The Poch musings rumble on.

Nikelesh Reddy

Enlighten me. Why?

It seems like they are coming back with these template of tweets, saying we have no progress.
These are expected, we are never going to win the title this season, and among all the other teams we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now.

That is progress.
Doesn’t make any sense to want him out now.Regardless of the frustrations of the last few weeks,it’s still a fact that we have improved significantly this season.Let’s not forget that we haven’t had consecutive top 4 finishes since 2013...So even if we finish in the top 4 again this season,that in itself would represent progress.

And did the owners and Woodward really back the manager in the last transfer window?No,it wasn’t as if United spent huge money last summer,so how can we realistically expect to do better than what we are doing right now?If we keep progressing and if we finish in the top 4,Ole deserves another season and he deserves to be wholeheartedly backed by the club in the next transfer window.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It’s because social media was a mistake. A plague upon society. Honest to god I want some sort of coronal mass ejection event to fry every piece of electronic in the world so we can collectively disconnect from this dystopian hell and return our humanity. Same reason we get an “x player racially abused after game” story every time we don’t win. It’s not that people are more racist than they were 30 years ago, it’s that now instead of having to hear some prick down the pub spewing his bile, we get the opinions of a billion people simultaneously. Turns out most people are arseholes, who knew. I’ve already deleted Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, all my social media and it’s still impossible to avoid, like a noxious gas that permeates every aspect of the modern world, slowly poisoning the mind. I legitimately would love to see the whole thing burn to the ground, but unfortunately as a species we’re too narcissistic to let it happen. #OLEOUT is nothing, it’s just a hashtag where we can collectively round up the morons. Unfortunately we can’t stop hearing from them though. 30 years ago it was a couple of clowns with “Tara Fergie” scrawled on a bedsheet, now it’s a million people screaming it in your face. What a garbage world this is.
Here! here!

Water Melon

I think you’re just naming managers you’ve seen in the champions league to be honest.

2 of them have just signed for new clubs for a start, how would they replace Ole today?

You also suggested Pirlo? What trees has he been ripping up at juve? Great patterns of play I guess.

Brendan? The guy who made wonder signings for Liverpool but does well with smaller clubs admittedly.

nagglesman, true flavour of the month, patterns of play, well timed subs, what’s not to like.

zidane, 3 times champions league winner with Real Madrid, could do well but honestly have my doubts about him but he just fitted Madrid perfectly. Ole would be absolutely slated on here if he took a half time team talk in the same manners as zidane in that leaked champions league dressing room video.

so out of all your suggestions, which ones do you honestly believe in?
Fed up so this will be my last message to you. These managers have shown that they are better managers than Ole. This is fact. Now get back to me, when Ole at least reaches EL final, nevermind CL. When he puts in a proper title fight with squad which costs substantially less that that of his main competitors. The final nail in your bloody coffin of excuses, would be the absolute fact that RBL would never ever consider Ole, while Nagelsmann is around. Ciao.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Who cares? There are a lot of idiots on social media.

Wayne's World

The fans that are using the hashtag are completely right. I don't see Ole as being the man to take us forward to winning trophies, so why stick with him? Waste another year next season for us to be 10+ points behind in a title race again and we'll say "Top 4, Top 4, Top 4".....When does it come to a stage where top 4 is not good enough anymore? This team is more then capable of challenging for the title, we've been held back.

He should get until the end of the season but If we don't win the EL or FA Cup then he should be gone. We'll see how much ambition we have as a football club this summer otherwise we'll be watching Liverpool, City and Chelsea winning titles for the long-term with no challenge from us in sight. We'll be the new Arsenal

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fed up so this will be my last message to you. These managers have shown that they are better managers than Ole. This is fact. Now get back to me, when Ole at least reaches EL final, nevermind CL. When he puts in a proper title fight with squad which costs substantially less that that of his main competitors. The final nail in your bloody coffin of excuses, would be the absolute fact that RBL would never ever consider Ole, while Nagelsmann is around. Ciao.
Pirlo has proven he’s a better manager than Ole and this is fact? And you’re the one fed up?
You were just reeling off manager names with no thought behind it whatsoever

RUCK4444

Agree with every word mate.

Roboc7

The point about Poch mate is that whenever you say Ole is doing a good job and it’s far more enjoyable than previous seasons people say “Jose won trophies though and so did Van Gaal” The football was terrible though and it never felt long term they both left squads worse than the ones they took over from, So my point is Spurs fans would want Poch back over Mourinho football and a trophy.

All I’m saying is Ole plays good football and we’ve been so close to a trophy (4 semis) and we’re currently 2nd, in the Europa and Fa cup. I’d just say be careful what we wish for sacking Ole. Woodward has already signed Jose, Van Gaal, Moyes. The idea that Woodward is going to hire some young progressive manager is just wishful thinking.
Be careful what wish for if Ole stays too long, he’s a dream for Woodward and the Glazers. Keep things ticking over, happy to be here, nice buffer between club and fans and not going to call them out or cause any problems.

I’ve accepted its not going to be great whether we keep or sack Ole, but I’d rather watch better football though.
This static and pragmatic approach which is too reliant on counter attacking is not as bad as Jose or LVG but still not good enough.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Damn this is deep.

dinostar77

Ole is doing a good job. He has flaws for sure and he needs to learn from failure otherwise its just failure.

He has been trying to and is still sorting out the mess of a squad he has inherited from the previous managers. He's made mistakes i.e. selling lukaku but no manager has a perfect transfer record.

Hes had an input into the infrastructure at utd. How much input hes had on the academy i dont know, but we have a good crop of kids coming through in a few years from now.

The ship is turning around, and starting to head in the right direction. At the start of the season everyone would have taken 2nd place in PL (if we hold onto it).

A new manager just puts us back to square one. Plus theres no-one with a proven track record that i would want. Allegri, tactically great, but dull Mourinho results first football. Same for Simeone. Zidane? Ignores youth and by all accounts isnt that good a manager. No doing so great at Madrid post CR7.

Rather than change the manager id rather we bought in some new coaches for the first team. Someone who can work with the defensive and can plan our tactical approach. That would be a start.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Do we actually play good football under Ole? I see this used as an argument in his defence and it rarely gets questioned, yet I don't agree with it at all. I'd say there's been a handful of games we've played well. Most games we win whilst playing bad, but come up with a moment mostly through Bruno. Others we win but don't deserve or just drop points all together. There's been loads of games we've won recently whilst playing poorly. I don't think we play good football at all - certainly not exciting football.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I have said this all season in every Ole out or Ole in thread. Let's see where we are in May. If he gets top 4 again it will be the first time we have had back to back top 4 finishes since Fergie. He will stay if he gets us that.

If we finish 5th or lower and don't win the Europa he will probably get the boot.

People calling for our manager to be sacked right now in second place are bed wetters. They don't understand how crazy and dangerous that would be. You don't sack a coach in 2nd place unless you're in a tin pot league and expect to win the title every year like some clubs do like PSG.
Spot on. And no amount of

"He should be beating [insert shite team]!!11one!!" or "WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED" is going to change that fact.

The most fecked up part is that people just want him sacked and dont really have an obvious replacement lined up. Allegri is Jose v2 and has not managed for two years now, and these young German managers...well managing Leipzig and Mogengladbach is not quite the same as managing Man Utd though is it?

I'm also always concerned when his biggest achievement is often seen as "resetting the culture." He has reduced the size of the bloated squad and he is much better in the media than Jose, but there is always a danger that this can be used as a sort of crutch or veneer when real achievements cannot be pointed too.
We also know the board got fed up of the scattergun transfer approach after Mourinho’s second season and had realised that LVG & Mou had left us with a massively bloated squad and a ridiculous wage expense.
They brought in Ole and Phelan, men who know the club inside out for exactly that reason, because after they vetoed Mourinho on transfers in and out; he absolutely lost his shit. They needed a management team that would buy into the whole rebuild and deadwood clearance.

So how much of it is down to just Ole, rather than the club’s new direction, Phelan, transfer board etc we don’t even know, none of us.
We know the deadwood that redcafe to a man would have gotten rid of and they are exactly the players the club have trimmed since binning Mourinho, hell they fecked off Fellaini before we even had a full time manager.

troylocker

We have lost 1 league game in the last 18 (11-6-1 since the Arsenal game 3 and a half months ago). We're still in the EL, FA Cup and 2nd place in the league is ours to win. We have given away some points the last few weeks, but that doesn't entitle screaming for Ole's head. We where never winning the league this season unless both of Liverpool and City underperformed the entire season, that was of course extremely unlikely to happen and City is back at their top level. Our squad is not at that level and cannot compete with them at that level. Tough truth, yes, but we still need a couple of WC players to compete on even terms with them.

Spot on. And no amount of

"He should be beating [insert shite team]!!11one!!" or "WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED" is going to change that fact.

The most fecked up part is that people just want him sacked and dont really have an obvious replacement lined up. Allegri is Jose v2 and has not managed for two years now, and these young German managers...well managing Leipzig and Mogengladbach is not quite the same as managing Man Utd though is it?
Good post, but come on, Nagelsmann is much more than just a random Leipzig and Mogengladbach manager, his methods look as clear cut as Klopp and Guardiola.
I’d be utterly amazed if he’s not a roaring success for whichever club is lucky enough to get him.