Wilfried Zaha

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We can pay Dortmund to sign him hopefully.... :p

Jeffthered

I was thinking about this. He would be the right signing now, for many reasons... he has matured, and now has an understanding of the expectations and life at a massive club. A move would show his ambition, does he want to be one of the best forwards in Europe for the next few seasons, really maximise his on and off field (brand) potential?

I think he would be a super signing. BUT... he has history at United, and that may be an issue.

I would swap any of Lindgard, Martial, Mata, Lukaku, Sanchez for him and give cash too. Sorry, but i have no faith in our forward line, and Rashford has now become a dilemma..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You don't have to be a kid to develop as a player, plenty of examples of players improving later on in their career.

That said he's too expensive for Spurs anyway, £80m should get you a nailed on starter but there's no garantee he will start in this team, we were after him a few years ago but I suspect that's why we bought in Lucas so for me the ship has well and truly sailed.
You're not dead at age 26 if that's what you're referring too. However at his age, he's no longer a kid and should be treated as a senior player.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
You're not dead at age 26 if that's what you're referring too. However at his age, he's no longer a kid and should be treated as a senior player.
Yeah fine, that doesn't mean he cannot improve. He still has a few notches to go to fulfill his potential and would work exceptionally well with certain coaches, Poch being one of them.

devilish

You miss interpret what I mean by player development.

Right now he is primed to elevate himself to a new level at a bigger club. Over the past 6 years we have seen top players come to United and not reach that next level for various reasons. One being that the club hasn't provided them with the platform (a squad manager and setup to push for major trophies) we don't look like getting back there in the next season or 2. In your prime age of 26 this would be the wrong place to sign.

He should and likely will refuse to join us because we are not a well run club, if we were I don't think the past would be an issue.
It depends how he wants to see things. At Spurs he'll find a more stable side whose got a real manager at the wheel. However at Spurs he'll also find a settled side, with quality first teamers to compete with as well. Also I can't help thinking that Spurs has reached their peak and soon enough the top guns will despoil them the same way they do with any other feeder club.

United are at its pits but it remains a top club. He'll virtually have no competition with us and a cool down period season to settle down (the Europa league is crap). Lets face it, Martial can't be bothered running let alone competing for a first team place, so Zaha would be an automatic first choice here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I was thinking about this. He would be the right signing now, for many reasons... he has matured, and now has an understanding of the expectations and life at a massive club. A move would show his ambition, does he want to be one of the best forwards in Europe for the next few seasons, really maximise his on and off field (brand) potential?

I think he would be a super signing. BUT... he has history at United, and that may be an issue.

I would swap any of Lindgard, Martial, Mata, Lukaku, Sanchez for him and give cash too. Sorry, but i have no faith in our forward line, and Rashford has now become a dilemma..
He's no where near good enough for us or any top 6 side. He's extremely selfish and extremely hit and miss which is fine for a club like Palace but the scrutiny he'd be under here would be unbearable for him

devilish

Yeah fine, that doesn't mean he cannot improve. He still has a few notches to go to fulfill his potential and would work exceptionally well with certain coaches, Poch being one of them.
He needs to mature rather then improve. That can happen anywhere especially with a club who have no choice but to play him week in week out. We are such a club.

The only 2 reasons I can think of for him not to join us is

a- we're not in the CL
b- God knows if Ole would still be here in 6 months time

luke511

We want to be signing players with top level consistency, this guy doesn't have it.

Jeffthered

He's no where near good enough for us or any top 6 side. He's extremely selfish and extremely hit and miss which is fine for a club like Palace but the scrutiny he'd be under here would be unbearable for him
I disagree with the first statement (in bold..), but the second I can see some mileage in. But as I stated, this is a move for him to decide whether he wants to be known as a player than can play and perform, consistently, on the big stage... Or always simply be the best player at a club consistently fighting relegation.

Based Adnan

Apparently has told his agent to tell us to do one according to an ITK on Reddit

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
He needs to mature rather then improve. That can happen anywhere especially with a club who have no choice but to play him week in week out. We are such a club.

The only 2 reasons I can think of for him not to join us is

a- we're not in the CL
b- God knows if Ole would still be here in 6 months time
Literally the same thing. :lol:

devilish

Literally the same thing. :lol:
Not exactly. One can improve in many ways (ie mature wise, physically wise, technically wise etc). Zaha can do the former but I doubt he can do the latter at this point of his career

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't know where the links with us have come from. Given our limited transfer budget he'd be far too expensive for us. Can't see Palace willing to sell him for less than £60m and at that price you could buy younger, equally talented players

Aloysius's Back 3

I don't know where the links with us have come from. Given our limited transfer budget he'd be far too expensive for us. Can't see Palace willing to sell him for less than £60m and at that price you could buy younger, equally talented players
I was just watching the arsenal FC video guy talking about Zaha.

It seemed like Zaha could be targeted to play as a winger? Is that right & is that what you need?

I don't think he is all that good as one tbh. Would be better playing behind both Aubeyamang & Lacazette.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I genuinely don't think he'd ever come back, he's made that pretty clear.

He feels insulted with how we "treated" him and hasn't shut up about it since.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I was just watching the arsenal FC video guy talking about Zaha.

It seemed like Zaha could be targeted to play as a winger? Is that right & is that what you need?

I don't think he is all that good as one tbh. Would be better playing behind both Aubeyamang & Lacazette.
We need someone who can run with the ball and dribble at defences. We don't really have anyone like that in our squad so Zaha would be good for us in that respect. The only issue I have is his price as he's not worth what Palace would want.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
:lol:

Ekeke

He's pretty much the same or worse than Rashford up front and with fewer goals from his starts up front. And about the same as Martial on the left. Those are the two positions he consistently played for Palace this season with only 2 games in the league on the right.

He's 3 years older than Martial and 4 older than Rashford. But he'd be bringing much of the same, not improving on them

AgentP

I forgot he was 26. The level he is playing is probably his peak or he might get slightly better. He is worth 60m max. We should stay clear and just pocket our resale cut.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is definitely good enough for Arsenal. I would love him to join us only if we have the money. He can give flexibility to our formation as he can provide competition as striker in our 5-3-2 or 3-4-1-2 formation, or as right forward in 4-3-3. He is definitely an upgrade on Mkhitaryan who is on £200k/week. He is at the peak of his power, physically strong, right age and excellent dribble. He can deliver on the pitch right away and very little risk. Too bad Arsenal never has money and we compete in the transfer market with Wolves, Everton and Leicester. is he worth the price Palace after is another story.

luke511

I forgot he was 26. The level he is playing is probably his peak or he might get slightly better. He is worth 60m max. We should stay clear and just pocket our resale cut.
30 absolute max

Zlatattack

Looks like he'll be either on strike or staying at Palace. Can't see anyone paying £100million for him.

He's definitely a good player, but perhaps there is a question mark over whether his is £100million good.

charlenefan

He is definitely good enough for Arsenal. I would love him to join us only if we have the money. He can give flexibility to our formation as he can provide competition as striker in our 5-3-2 or 3-4-1-2 formation, or as right forward in 4-3-3. He is definitely an upgrade on Mkhitaryan who is on £200k/week. He is at the peak of his power, physically strong, right age and excellent dribble. He can deliver on the pitch right away and very little risk. Too bad Arsenal never has money and we compete in the transfer market with Wolves, Everton and Leicester. is he worth the price Palace after is another story.
He's not a creator, Aubameyang and Lacazette would flip their lid playing with him

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He's not a creator, Aubameyang and Lacazette would flip their lid playing with him
No he is not. He is fast, strong and with excellent dribble. If his workrate is as good as Iowbi pressing upfront and tracking back I will be extremely happy. we will lose welbeck, and he is an upgrade on Mkhitaryan. Is he worth 80m that is another story, but Richarlison went for 50M with only 5 goals and 4 assist last summer. Anyway we have no money to go for him and my point is he is good enough to play for us.

Last edited:

Hughie77

He won't come back to ot, he had his chance, and didn't take it or wasn't allowed to take it, however you look at it.

I think we need to move forward not go back, he's 26 and at his peak now. I don't think ole is looking at him .

Red00012

Talking about having former players back (Zaha) a striker who is well past his best (Lewandowski) and discussing having a injure prone winger who’s turned us down before (Bale).

What has become of this club ?

Wallez

It was said that signing Pogba for close to 100 mill would look like a bargain a few years ahead due to the inflation of the transfer market. If Palace are actually looking to bring in 100 mill on Zaha, I think we have waterproof evidence of that statement being absolutely correct.

Bobski

Right time in his career to make a move to a top side, has proven he can do the big fish thing, but at one of the top 6 he would have to show he learned from his Utd experience. I have my doubts that he is quite good enough at that level, he has tons of freedom at Palace, few defensive responsibilities and an adoring crowd. Great fun to watch but does his game really fit into a more structured system where he is not the main star?

AJ10

Talking about having former players back (Zaha) a striker who is well past his best (Lewandowski) and discussing having a injure prone winger who’s turned us down before (Bale).

What has become of this club ?
Times are bad but not due to being linked with every player under the sun, always been like this even when we were winning under fergie. All about what you believe in, if you look at the daily mirror and explode with emotions if they're linking United with someone then that's your own fault for believing in click-bait BS.

Aloysius's Back 3

We are lower than Arsenal in the league but we are a bigger club than Arsenal.

Zaha is not good enough for City, Liverpool, Chelsea or the modern day spurs.

Arsenal are about his level. Whilst we may want to be like them and guarantee top 4 spot for a couple seasons - I don't think we would stop there & for that reason Zaha is good enough for us now but not good enough for us in 2 years time if things start improving.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
100 m :lol:

Think they want about 60m but since we are due 25%, they need someone to pay huge money so that they get their share.

He will stay there. Arsenal can do much better .

charlenefan

Would not be surprised at all if Ole's first signing would be Fergie's last

Champagne Football

I think he'd be an amazing signing. Right age and ability level to explode on a bigger stage. I've been saying since Ole arrived that I think he'll bring Zaha in.

Raheem Sterling went from average overhyped player on here to best around. Zaha can be wasteful in front of goal but each season is improving, and his dribbling is a delight to watch. He's the most exciting dribbler in the league who will have fans on the edge of their seats. 10 goals and 5 assists is no mean feat either.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think he'd be an amazing signing. Right age and ability level to explode on a bigger stage. I've been saying since Ole arrived that I think he'll bring Zaha in.

Raheem Sterling went from average overhyped player on here to best around. Zaha can be wasteful in front of goal but each season is improving, and his dribbling is a delight to watch. He's the most exciting dribbler in the league who will have fans on the edge of their seats. 10 goals and 5 assists is no mean feat either.
While I know you're not making a direct comparison, it's worth pointing out that Zaha isn't even remotely as good as Sterling. So the odds of him defying the expectations of Caf neighsayers to the same degree are, well, slim. Especially because, if we're honest, a lot of the scepticism directed at Sterling here came from him being a Liverpool player who moved to Man City. It was always a skewed point of view. I think there are better comparisons to be made.

Patchbeard

He got 3 assists in the last game alone so I thought that stat sounds a bit low, as it would be more than the rest of his season put together! According to FF he has 11 assists, which includes winning penalties, which rightly should be an assist.

C'est Moi Cantona

People are mad, a player like Zaha, even more so with a point to prove, would improve us massively.

Let's swallow our pride and sign someone that makes a bit of sense for once.