Wilshere - where does the hype come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Cantona

Desperate
Jopub, yesterday once most got over the immediate shock of my apparently having a go at someone showing good grace, and they actually looked at the reasons why I thought you were full of shit, notice how the comments knocking me stopped, and those questioning you started up. People aren't mugs, and those more familiar with you know what you're all about

As for thinking I look like a loon here, you're trying to say you think Fabregas, who couldn't possibly have made it any clearly that he wants to go to Barcelona, will jack all that in because Wilshire will stay at the club. Wilshire was always going to stay at the club, and frankly, from a young age it always looked like he'd be a top player - much like Fabregas himself. Nothing changes, and I'm merely agreeing with you when you suggest you're mad

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Jopub, yesterday once most got over the immediate shock of my apparently having a go at someone showing good grace, and they actually looked at the reasons why I thought you were full of shit, notice how the comments knocking me stopped, and those questioning you started up. People aren't mugs, and those more familiar with you know what you're all about
But they didnt though, you were a complete cnut in that thread and people know that and its there for anyone to see should they bother to look at it.

You were stupid, you were questioned, were unable to answer any of those questions and your arse was well and truly fking nailed to the redcafe dressing room wall for all to see and laugh at and I made you look an even bigger spasticated, imbecilic fool than you normally are

As for thinking I look like a loon here, you're trying to say you think Fabregas, who couldn't possibly have made it any clearly that he wants to go to Barcelona, will jack all that in because Wilshire will stay at the club. Wilshire was always going to stay at the club, and frankly, from a young age it always looked like he'd be a top player - much like Fabregas himself. Nothing changes, and I'm merely agreeing with you when you suggest you're mad
Wrong, as ever, things do change - Wilshere at the end of last and start of this season was a boy with great potential. Now he's a shoe in for the England midfield position and a rising star who very likely will be every bit as good as the great Paul Scholes, possibly better - That has become more and more apparent over the last 6 months so much so that even a player as good as Fabregas must have thoughts about it as well. He plays with him and sees it every day in training and I bet he'll realise even now that Willshere will be not less a player than either Xavi or Iniesta. Wilshere's a very very special player - absolutely no doubt about that and I believe that is something Fabregas would consider in respect of moving away

There's nothing at all mad about that

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Everyone in united plays for the same team as the one who headbutted Ljungberg, you know actual physical assault, does that make all your players and future players cnuts. No.

Guilty by muppetry.

I do realise it was silvestre...
feck me, what is it with everyone associated with Arsenal being so precious?

Don't take it too seriously!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
But they didnt though, you were a complete cnut in that thread and people know that and its there for anyone to see should they bother to look at it.

You were stupid, you were questioned, were unable to answer any of those questions and your arse was well and truly fking nailed to the redcafe dressing room wall for all to see and laugh at and I made you look an even bigger spasticated, imbecilic fool than you normally are

Wrong, as ever, things do change - Wilshere at the end of last and start of this season was a boy with great potential. Now he's a shoe in for the England midfield position and a rising star who very likely will be every bit as good as the great Paul Scholes, possibly better - That has become more and more apparent over the last 6 months so much so that even a player as good as Fabregas must have thoughts about it as well. He plays with him and sees it every day in training and I bet he'll realise even now that Willshere will be not less a player than either Xavi or Iniesta. Wilshere's a very very special player - absolutely no doubt about that and I believe that is something Fabregas would consider in respect of moving away

There's nothing at all mad about that
It is highly wishful. It's not going to make Fabregas less of a barca boy who wants to play for his boyhood club again with the best attacking force in the world. Wilshere in isolation isn't going to change Arsenal's prospects radically that anyone would consider they will be on level with barca anytime soon. And he wants to be part of that project while it is still going strong.

If you had an upcoming Messi on your hands, it might be a thought worth entertaining. But you don't.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
he'd play. More importantly, even if there is a chance he wouldn't, I am sure Fabregas himself thinks he is good enough to play for them.

dev1l

jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
Well done to the BCFC player who slapped Koscielny on the head when they scored, very big of you!
Twitter

When will you grow up....baby...

B20

Supports
Liverpool
jack_wilshere Jack Wilshere
Well done to the BCFC player who slapped Koscielny on the head when they scored, very big of you!
Twitter

When will you grow up....baby...
erm, later more likely. He just turned 19, ffs.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
who very likely will be every bit as good as the great Paul Scholes, possibly better -
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now Im a huge fan of the lad and would love to see him here rather than do a Gerrard and spend his career at a little club not winning things.....but he has such a huge amount to prove before the POSSIBILITY of him being anywhere near Scholes level can be discussed./

K Stand Knut

Now he's a shoe in for the England midfield position and a rising star who very likely will be every bit as good as the great Paul Scholes, possibly better
Please file this in the ridiculously early player comparison file.

fecking stupid!!!!

Now Im a huge fan of the lad and would love to see him here rather than do a Gerrard and spend his career at a little club not winning things.....but he has such a huge amount to prove before the POSSIBILITY of him being anywhere near Scholes level can be discussed./
Phew..... you beat me to it!!!!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Even Fabregas has a way to go before the comparison with Scholes stands. Mental.

Jopub

Hang on mate Paul Scholes is not fking Pele Maradona Best - he's been a great player sure and they dont come along every week but for many people players, managers, fans alike Wilshere for his age is already showing enough potential to be compared with Scholes at the same age

Definitely

Jopub

Please file this in the ridiculously early player comparison file.

fecking stupid!!!!

Phew..... you beat me to it!!!!
Im happy to stand by it. Wilshere could be every bit as good as Scholes. Fantastic ability already to not give it away under pressure in big games, has a shot, has aggression, an eye for a killer pass. The composure the temperament. Its all there and he's what just turned 19 !!

If you cant see that then god help you

He's not Scholes yet by any means but I fancy if we agreed to let you have him for £40/50 million you'd bite our hands off

Spoony

The People's President
He's not Scholes yet by any means but I fancy if we agreed to let you hav e for £40/50 million you'd bite our hands off
somehow, I doubt it. How about Gibson plus a packet of Walkers' cheese'n'onion crisps instead?

K Stand Knut

Im happy to stand by it. Wilshere could be every bit as good as Scholes. Fantastic ability already to not give it away under pressure in big games, has a shot, has aggression, an eye for a killer pass. The composure the temperament. Its all there and he's what just turned 19 !!

He's not Scholes yet by any means but I fancy if we agreed to let you have him for £40/50 million you'd bite our hands off
You know I'd bite your hand off for the purchase of Wilshere as I stated it quite blatantly earlier in this thread. He is looking likely to be a very, very good player and in the mould of the player that United need in the centre of the park.

The words that you have underlined are ridiculously important in your statement. Any player in the world COULD be as good as Scholes but it is becoming as good as him that is the key.

I can see how talented Wilshere is but he has done it for less than one full season for fecks sake. He looks possibly like quite a talent but we've been here with so many players before and they have fallen by the wayside.

Scholes is, in my honest opinion, one of the best players a lot of posters on the Caf will ever see. Simply brilliant and been doing it for 15+ years

K Stand Knut

Hang on mate Paul Scholes is not fking Pele Maradona Best - he's been a great player sure and they dont come along every week but for many people players, managers, fans alike Wilshere for his age is already showing enough potential to be compared with Scholes at the same age

Definitely
You can compare Scholes and Wilshere at the same age by all means, but you didn't. You stated that he could be as good as the Great Paul Scholes.

Paul Scholes is also none of the players mentioned above, well done but I would out him up there as the only person in the World who could be comparable to Zidane

Jopub

You can compare Scholes and Wilshere at the same age by all means, but you didn't. You stated that he could be as good as the Great Paul Scholes.
Look mate I dont know if Im talking some strange fking language compared to some of you and I dont want arguments raging everytime I open my mouth but I've said 'he could be as good as the great Paul fking Scholes'

There is no other 'clever' twisted interpretation of that other than that it is what I said - he could be and he shows all the signs of possibly being that one day. For me more than any other youngster Ive seen for years. Surely it s a great compliment to Scholes is'nt it or is there some other mad 'spin' you want to put on that too :houllier:

Fk me you cant breathe on here without it upsetting somebody or other

K Stand Knut

Look mate I dont know if Im talking some strange fking language compared to some of you and I dont want arguments raging everytime I open my mouth but I've said 'he could be as good as the great Paul fking Scholes'

There is no other 'clever' twisted interpretation of that other than that it is what I said - he could be and he shows all the signs of possibly being that one day. For me more than any other youngster Ive seen for years. Surely it s a great compliment to Scholes is'nt it or is there some other mad 'spin' you want to put on that too :houllier:

Fk me you cant breathe on here without it upsetting somebody or other
Stop being a little bitch.

You said what you said, I think you're being ridiculous with another comparison between a great and a start-up!!! It is not just you that does this but everyone - all new players are the next.......... and it is bollocks.

The only comparable to Paul Scholes is Zidane!!!! Not a 19 central midfielder who may or not continue on his current vein of form

B20

Supports
Liverpool
atm it would be probably not and even if he does think he's good enough to play ( I think he's good enough to be in there ) that does'nt mean he'll get picked
The relevant point is that Fabregas won't be in any way deterred by the competition at barca. If anything, I imagine he might just relish it.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Paul Scholes is also none of the players mentioned above, well done but I would out him up there as the only person in the World who could be comparable to Zidane
Only on a united forum...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He plays with him and sees it every day in training and I bet he'll realise even now that Willshere will be not less a player than either Xavi or Iniesta.
Er, what?

Do you even know how good Xavi and Iniesta are?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently not!!!

I believe that Xavi and Zidane himself have put similar status on Scholes the player.
As the only player comparable to Zidane?

Scholes was a terrific player but he is not so good is he incomparably better than the likes of Pirlo and Xavi.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Scholes was a terrific player but he is not so good is he incomparably better than the likes of Pirlo and Xavi.
True, not incomparable but better.

Wilshire's a toddler. Laughable comparisons are being made.

K Stand Knut

Yes - nobody else that I have seen play in World football is anywhere near good enough to be compared to Zidane.

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
I haven't seen him that much - but every time I have he comes across as a cocky little cnut.

Part of me wanted Zigic to just absolutely pummel the scumbag.

MG

Zidane said that Scholes was the best player he ever played against, Scholes is praised constantly by the best players/midfielders in the game, who always state him as the best player they've seen after Zidane.

I don't think it's at all an exaggeration to say Scholes is the best midfielder of the last 20 years after Zidane and that he's the only one comparable to him. All the other midfielders haven't been as good.

Aaron

Wilshere is adorable.

I've not really seen him do anything but place himself in man of the match contention whenever I've seen him play.

ManRyan2

Close.
Maybe nor that sum, but this is a cracking player. A bit on and off so far, but whan he's on he's - in my opinion - Englands most important CM in the coming 5-10 years. He's no playmaker, so using Scholes as a comparison is wrong. He's got more speed, and he has a tendency to go for the quick pass between the ranks of 4 (or 5), to me he has a little bit of Sneijder in him, a little less offensive but better defensively.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Think you guys are being harsh on Jopub. Its a comparison to the limit of Wilshere's talents, and they are similar players. No where is he saying Wilshere will be better or as good as Scholes, just that he hopes he could reach that level. Its a compliment if anything.

Jopub

Think you guys are being harsh on Jopub. Its a comparison to the limit of Wilshere's talents, and they are similar players. No where is he saying Wilshere will be better or as good as Scholes, just that he hopes he could reach that level. Its a compliment if anything.
Thank you, I did'nt think I was saying something so complex myself but people read into the simplest of things and make 5 from 2+2

Jopub

Stop being a little bitch.

You said what you said, I think you're being ridiculous with another comparison between a great and a start-up!!! It is not just you that does this but everyone - all new players are the next.......... and it is bollocks.

The only comparable to Paul Scholes is Zidane!!!! Not a 19 central midfielder who may or not continue on his current vein of form
Is there any need for that opening comment?

ManUtd fans think he is as good as Zidane .......nobody else does, as good as he has been at his very best. Upon scrutiny his international side is'nt much to speak of either before you start with comparisons to players that have done it in World and european International cup finals

Can you tell me then when exactly Paul Scholes become the 'player' he was? Was it 15, 18, 21? when did he do this?

Was he some promising teenager who overnight developed into a great little player. Was he honed from a genius at 13 ?

Dare I say it - he was a teenager with great promise.

Were the things he showed at 18/ 19 far far superior to anything Wilshire is doing right now ? - or not ?

You seem to know how 'great' he's been for so long so maybe you could offer up some answer to that.

In later years he went on to fullfill all the potential from an earlier age.
Is'nt that what all great players do?

Or do they just land all ready and prepared as great 'beings' from some planet?

Wilshere is showing great signs and can hopefully get a good way to where Scholes got

From what I've seen he can

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
for me Jack can go on to be nearly as good as Scholes if he keeps his head down, he's already a better dribbler!

with Arsenal he's never EVER going to win up to a tenth as much which is why I'll keep tweeting him to come to us

nah but in all seriousness, this lad is a special special talent, England's future is no longer in the hands of Rooney but this immaculate 19 year old beast of a footballer, his technique is on a higher level than Wayne

K Stand Knut

Is there any need for that opening comment?

ManUtd fans think he is as good as Zidane .......nobody else does, as good as he has been at his very best. Upon scrutiny his international side is'nt much to speak of either before you start with comparisons to players that have done it in World and european International cup finals

Can you tell me then when exactly Paul Scholes become the 'player' he was? Was it 15, 18, 21? when did he do this?

Was he some promising teenager who overnight developed into a great little player. Was he honed from a genius at 13 ?

Dare I say it - he was a teenager with great promise.

Were the things he showed at 18/ 19 far far superior to anything Wilshire is doing right now ? - or not ?

You seem to know how 'great' he's been for so long so maybe you could offer up some answer to that.

In later years he went on to fullfill all the potential from an earlier age.
Is'nt that what all great players do?

Or do they just land all ready and prepared as great 'beings' from some planet?

Wilshere is showing great signs and can hopefully get a good way to where Scholes got

From what I've seen he can
Probably not but I thought you were acting like a little bitch and I wanted you to stop.

I am pretty sure that there are more people in the World, other than United fans, that think Scholes is from the highest echelons of football talent. English fans, maybe not, as most will be either blinkered by their hatred for United or will be an England fan who is bitter that he never 'did it' for England or both.

Paul Scholes became the player that he is by continually, over 15+ years, turning in performances of the highest order at the highest level of the game. Starting from the season he made his debut, to this season.

As I stated, I think it is ok to compare the two players to at the same age, i.e. Scholes at 19 but I just hate the comparisons of young players to great players of years gone by and I also do not think that Wilshere will be as good as Scholes, for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.