Workrate

Born2Lose

The last two nights of CL football and the levels of "pashun" shown, should be a wake up call to anyone still thinking we'll ever get to that level with guys like Pogba and Rashford in the team.

Rajma

Brentford 110km covered vs. 95km Manchester United. Sprint count 90 vs 65 in favor of Brenford too. ETH so far have failed to have them running these bunch of lazy overpaid fecks. Not sure what the preseason was all about then.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Brentford 110km covered vs. 95km Manchester United. Sprint count 90 vs 65 in favor of Brenford too. ETH so far have failed to have them running these bunch of lazy overpaid fecks. Not sure what the preseason was all about then.
15km more ground covered is absolutely shocking

Skills

Snitch
What's the comparison to his Ajax team?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Neville hit the nail on the head, this United side do not work as a team. A team full of individuals.

the hea

They looked decent and even somewhat motivated in pre season, took 1 game of competitive football and we're back to this sulking, half arsed jogging around.

Acole9

Outstanding
Three managers and still well behind on the running stats. Can't all be their fault, the players are just lazy bastards.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The players are lazy, we know that and yet we persist with them and play the same players week after week, manager after manager.

Anyone who isn’t working as hard as their opposition number should be dropped, why is it so difficult to comprehend and implement? What am I missing?

klayton88

The club social media team will be pumping out lots of 'working had in training' and 'looking sharp in training" type videos before once again having me question what exactly we do all week in training to turn out like they haven't kicked a ball together come match day

caid

The players are lazy, we know that and yet we persist with them and play the same players week after week, manager after manager.

Anyone who isn’t working as hard as their opposition number should be dropped, why is it so difficult to comprehend and implement? What am I missing?
We've let it devolve to a point where we need to drop 10 players. And will need to drop their 10 replacements next week.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’m calling them out

Shaw
Dalot

Sancho
Rashford

That’s 4 of our 10 outfield players with no tenacity or urgency to their game and we expect to be winning game.
With wide players that do things at their leisure we’ll get back to the top.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shaw and Dalot both need to be binned from the back 4 permanently.

Rashford should also be embarrassed. He's putting in a disgraceful amount of effort.

The less said about Ronaldo, the better.

NoLogo

It's not just the work rate of our players, we must also on average have one of the slowest and least agile teams in the PL. I think the commentators today said that we didn't win a single second ball in the entire first half, absolutely abysmal.

With every team pretty much pressing us these days this is just a horrible combination, the squad from back to front has just been assembled wrong.

worldinmotion66

The off the ball movement is abysmal when compared with the majority of the league.

I'd expect us to keep the ball better and consequently run less, but that sprint stat is absolutely damning.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard,

Robindinho

Sick of it. How many seasons now? Half arsed, jogging around the pitch... Don't know if they're lazy or just don't give a shit, probably both.

Why do they keep getting picked though? Get them binned - starting with Shaw & Rashford.

Cloudface

Ronaldo, Sancho and Rashford has to be the laziest front three in the world. They all think they are Messi, lurking around up top waiting to look special.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Takes me back to McTominay bigging himself/the team up about being the fittest they've been. Bunch of posers. :lol:

#W203_Red

It is a basic 101. This has to be the starting point to even try and implement a progressive style of football and try and move forward. Players who won’t run/ can’t run, need to be dropped. Players who won’t fight/ can’t fight need to be dropped. Players who lack courage/ don’t have it, need to be dropped. If you can’t fight for the badge/ won’t fight for the badge, leave. There is clearly a cultural issue within this group that in any other walk of life would be addressed by going back to basics.

This is why the fight against ownership and holding these players: staff to account are two fold. These players clearly don’t need any excuse to put in lethargic, half arsed shameful performances.

The argument to play the kids generally comes from a viewpoint at least they will show hunger and desire to compete. We may lose some ability on the ball but the established players are hardly pulling up trees.

A change in leadership is clear within this group, whilst Maguire shouldn’t be scapegoated, it sets a new precedent that mediocre performances won’t be tolerated

Reactions: 711

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fantastic. We need to regularly hit high numbers in this regard. Loved out intensity today. We were winning all the loose balls in the first half as opposed losing them all against Brighton.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It shouldn't be this simple but it just is and makes you wonder what the likes of Ole were telling them.

95k compared to 113k is the equivalent to having an extra 2 players.

I don't think it's all down to laziness. Players like Maguire and Shaw just move extremely slowly and spend a lot of time standing still thinking about where they should move to next. That means other players can't run because they are waiting on the trigger to go and by the time they get it the space isn't there.

Although also in the case of rashford and sancho they literally did just work harder.

Football is such a weird sport because despite it being elite level you frequently get this situation where teams and players improve by just suddenly running about more or putting more effort in, and it's like the trick to being a good manager is convincing players to do this consistently.

Any other sport at the top level you just don't see teams or individuals lumbering about in the first place.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
In football you have to earn the right to play by competing. It’s great to be super talented but without fight it’s worthless.

McTerminator

Sounds like an excuse but fatigue seems to have hit. Must have been running on fumes and vibes until the Scouse sucker punch.

Malkovich

I would like to see stats of 50/50 balls or winning 2nd balls, seems like it would be a wash