World Cup Betting Thread

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Mexico at 11/1. Worth a cheeky one that. Brazil were very unimpressive against Croatia.

Cantonarightboot

Went with

Peralta & Lukaka Anytime scorers with Russia win. €5 /€75 return!

Mulling over a cheeky Mexico win, they looked sharp against Cameroon. Brazil very nervous and any defence with Luiz in it is always dodgy! With that in mind, Brazil are 11/1 to have player sent off & Luiz is 22/1 to be that man! :)

Long shot but if Mexico go at them and have them on the back foot Luiz is prime suspect, worth a small punt!

I'll probably see how the first 10-15 mins go and consider an inplay bet here....

Carl

Posted in the regular football betting thread but was intended for this one.

All over Algeria +2. Belgium are being seriously over-rated here.

Mexico +2. I think Brazil may struggle with this one, having scraped by Croatia. I think they're feeling the pressure being the host country, and the amount of expectation seems to be getting to them a bit. Brazil's defence looked extremely suspect in the opener, and I can also see Mexico nicking one here.

If Mexico had thumped Cameroon, like they should have (2 disallowed goals), there is no way you'd be able to get this handicap at such a good price.

Also going for Both teams to score in the both aforementioned games @ 2.1 and 2.0 respectively.
I'm not sure how handicap betting works. If I put a bet on Algeria +2 does that essentially mean they get a 2-0 head start? So for me to lose the bet would they have to get beat by 2 goals or more?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah that's right Carl. I can see Brazil scoring a few here but I've gone for Algeria +2 at evens & BTS in both as well.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm not sure how handicap betting works. If I put a bet on Algeria +2 does that essentially mean they get a 2-0 head start? So for me to lose the bet would they have to get beat by 2 goals or more?
As you said, Algeria get a 2-0 head start. So if someone did play that Algeria (+2) bet, the only way they'd lose is if Belgium won by 2 goals (as that would mean a draw) or if Belgium won by 3 or more goals, as it would mean Belgium 3-2 Algeria (if Belgium won 3-0).

I think that's more or less what you said.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Yes, in three way market (bookie offers you 1, x or 2). In two way market, it's a void bet if they lose by 2.

Carl

Yeah that's right Carl. I can see Brazil scoring a few here but I've gone for Algeria +2 at evens & BTS in both as well.
As you said, Algeria get a 2-0 head start. So if someone did play that Algeria (+2) bet, the only way they'd lose is if Belgium won by 2 goals (as that would mean a draw) or if Belgium won by 3 or more goals, as it would mean Belgium 3-2 Algeria (if Belgium won 3-0).

I think that's more or less what you said.
Yes, in three way market (bookie offers you 1, x or 2). In two way market, it's a void bet if they lose by 2.
Thanks. Might go for a Mexico +2 and Algeria +2 double in that case.

gaz1185

Couple of random trebles for today:

Brazil-Mexico BTTS / Belgium -1 Draw / Russia -1 @ 20-1

De Bruyne, Kokorin & dos Santos to score anytime @ 52-1

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's been a massive roller coaster so far - got lucky yesterday laying the US after first goal at 1.65 then cashing out after Ghana equalizer which netted me $140. I lost money on Uruguay and Portugal though so I haven't won as much as I'd have liked to at this World Cup but with over $260 on my Betfair account now I'll probably stick to safe bets until the end of the tournament. Thinking about laying Mexico and Algeria today - Mexico cannot beat Brazil at their own turf while Algeria just don't have enough quality to outscore Brazil. Then I'd probably lay Korea against Russia - they look very poor these days.

Marty1968

So far I've had a few correct scores; only a few quid for each bet but currently up.

Had the following:

Mexico 1-0 Cameroon
Chile 3-1 Australia
Ivory Coast 2-1 Japan
France 3-0 Honduras

Fancy Belgium 2-0 tonight and Brazil 3-2

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
9/1?? Think you need to find a new bookie! They're 14/1 elsewhere.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Spain to win the tournament at 9/1 is a good shout, they'll still get through and anything can happen in the knockouts
I agree but you can get better a better price than 9/1

Spain will be dangerous now after that trashing the other day. Point to prove.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Belgium have been pretty conservative so far and I can see them grabbing a couple in the last 20, so if they get a goal before HT who knows...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I laid Algeria at 8.6 about two minutes before their goal. Talk about bad luck, hope Belgium can get an equalizer but looking at them today I wouldn't be so sure of it.

xeebok

looks like belgium gonna cost me quite a few quid. Playing like their namesake under moyes. no penetration, algeria too organised.

already lost belgium/belgium, dont think they will score 3 so no belgium -1