World Cup Betting Thread

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That another word for shite?
They definitely weren't very good in the first half but you could see their approach was pretty cautious to begin with in terms of being economical with their energy. With Algeria doing most of the running in that heat/sun/humidity it was always likely Belgium would kick it up a notch as the game went on.

Belgium were 7/1 seconds before the first goal and 2/1 seconds before the 2nd goal, both times the market is suspended just as I look at it! Damn. The result was pretty much perfect though. Had BTS in two doubles, Belgium to win in a 5-fold, Over 2.5 goals in a single and Algeria +2 all come off. Another 2-1 in the Brazil game please.

Cpt Negative

Mexico really struggled and needed a very late goal to qualify (if I recall they won 2/10) in qualifying

They weren't impressive against Cameroon either

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Got a treble of the three favourites today. Only worried about Brazil, I expect both teams to score at least.

Cantonarightboot

@Brwned fair play!

That was the same for me with Uruguay on Saturday! In reverse though...I had Lukaku any time scorer in a treble... So thats gone! :( But I got them in a handicapp -1 as part of a treble...Next up, Brazil BTTS and then Russia (-1) @ 20/1!

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I laid Algeria at 8.6 about two minutes before their goal. Talk about bad luck, hope Belgium can get an equalizer but looking at them today I wouldn't be so sure of it.
Fluked it.

$175 net profit so far in this World Cup, starting from just $45 too. I fear to think how much I'd already have if I hadn't bottled Chile (had them -1 at more than 2.5, cashed out and then foolishly put money on Chile -3 thinking they were going to run the riot) and then Uruguay -1 (should have cashed out). Now I cash out when I get the chance - saved me $150 yesterday when I laid US and then backed them ar 1-1.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Mexico really struggled and needed a very late goal to qualify (if I recall they won 2/10) in qualifying

They weren't impressive against Cameroon either
They were comfortably the better team in the Cameroon game and played well in the friendlies I saw them in. They play some good football and are very dangerous. Brazil do not like playing against them either.

I don't think I will touch this game.

Cpt Negative

They were comfortably the better team in the Cameroon game and played well in the friendlies I saw them in. They play some good football and are very dangerous. Brazil do not like playing against them either.

I don't think I will touch this game.
IBoss the wise

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Even more baffled by Brazil being favourites for the tournament now, such an average side.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Good chance aye. I'm still happy with my bet on Argentina though, as long as they stick with the 4-3-3 formation from now onwards.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Whats the best site for betting? Been using PaddyPower just cause, but is there another that offers similar odds but has more cash out options? I seem to never have the cash out options like Brwned.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Whats the best site for betting? Been using PaddyPower just cause, but is there another that offers similar odds but has more cash out options? I seem to never have the cash out options like Brwned.
If only I made use of the cash-out option...

Betfair is the one I posted a screenshot of and the one I use most often but it's a betting exchange which is different to Paddy Power. William Hill offers more cash out options (though not as many as Betfair) and is similar enough to Paddy Power with similar/better odds.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've been given a free £10 bet on Betfair but for reasons unbeknown to me I cannot use it.

Edit: It's vanished now, cnuts!

Ady87

I'm going to start my own little betting challenge. Going to try and turn £25 in to £500 and then repeat.

£25 Russia win @ 5/6 returns £45.83.

After this I'm going to be picking selections around 1/2 odds until the bank roll hits £200 or so then odds of 1/3 or 1/4 will be selected to be safe.

Wish me luck.

Berbaclass

I'm going to start my own little betting challenge. Going to try and turn £25 in to £500 and then repeat.

After this I'm going to be picking selections around 1/2 odds until the bank roll hits £200 or so then odds of 1/3 or 1/4 will be selected to be safe.

Wish me luck.
Decent idea, might try something similar.

Good luck!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Wish me luck.
I'll have a bit of that. You make it sound so easy, I want to do it aswell.

Wayne's World

I use to love backing Russia a couple of years ago when they played with real flair but I think they look a bit short at 5/6 to win against South Korea, I'll be honest I haven't watched them play since Ireland played them in the Euro qualifiers a couple of years ago and with Capello in charge, I doubt very much they still play with that flair so hard to see value in them

Tough game to back TBH

Ady87

Korea have lost home and away to Iran in qualifying, drew with Lebanon and Uzbekistan and recently lost to Tunisia and Ghana.

Surely 5/6 is over priced but knowing my luck, probably not!

Berbaclass

I use to love backing Russia a couple of years ago when they played with real flair but I think they look a bit short at 5/6 to win against South Korea, I'll be honest I haven't watched them play since Ireland played them in the Euro qualifiers a couple of years ago and with Capello in charge, I doubt very much they still play with that flair so hard to see value in them

Tough game to back TBH
They're on pretty decent form ATM. Not lost in 10 games (3 draws)

They also beat South Korea in November not that really matters in this game.

Last edited:

Wayne's World

They're on pretty decent form ATM. Not lost in 10 games (3 draws)

They also beat N Korea in November not that really matters in this game.
I think I'll just go for something different and see how they play tonight because I can never tell with Capello. Just going to do €10 on a header being the first goal of the match just for interest