World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies | November 2017

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Probably, he was 6ft 4 aged 18.
He was very good at youth level, in France, Germany or Spain, he would have had cameos at around 17 years old in clubs that aren't PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid. Same thing with Tuanzebe.

Blackwidow

Yep. All these previous years I don't remember seeing Germany with outstanding performance in friendlies or even qualifiers but comes the tournament itself and they steamroll past anyone.
Against Italy in November 2015, against France in March 2013, against the Netherlands in Nov. 2011 and Brazil in August 2010
That were the good friendlies... (that is why I remember them)

Qualifiers - some were good. But never the full 90 minutes as they never had to.

el3mel

Against Italy in November 2015, against France in March 2013, against the Netherlands in Nov. 2011 and Brazil in August 2010

Qualifiers - some were good. But never the full 90 minutes as they never had to.
Imagine remembering only 4 good friendlies for them in 8 years. That proves the point.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Guedes looks good with that number 7 shirt on his back. It's reminiscent of when Ronaldo started wearing it after Figo left.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He had a great youth career but those wasted years at Chelsea probably mean he will never be the player he could have been, an arguable point I know. With 100+ senior games he would be much further on.
Probably could be more developed now, but from that generation the 1 who had more games at a better level was Christensen, he was loaned 2 years to Bundesliga, and now doesn't play much for Chelsea, there is a price to pay when you have a super rich league :)

simmee

You sure about that? To me he looked really nervous - also made an error which could have led to a goal
Well, then you didn't watch the game...

it looks like Granqvist playes the guy onside in that clip by stepping down to cover so he should track him better if he decides to do that (but it's hard to see from that angle). Sometimes you will have a runner from your back, that's why you have teammates.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Guedes looks good with that number 7 shirt on his back. It's reminiscent of when Ronaldo started wearing it after Figo left.
Figo and Balakov were my favourite Sporting players :drool:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Probably could be more developed now, but from that generation the 1 who had more games at a better level was Christensen, he was loaned 2 years to Bundesliga, and now doesn't play much for Chelsea, there is a price to pay when you have a super rich league :)
Starting in the win against us Sunday and probably took David Luis' place in the first 11.

Paul_Scholes18

:lol: Not Italian, I am from Portugal, but do like Italy as a football nation, still 90 minutes to go, are you from Sweden?
Jepp I am from Sweden. Tense time this cause a world cup is so great and something that can lift a summer. Enjoy it regardless, but having your nation in it is something special.

Italy need to really go for it and I don't think they are that great at it. Nerves can punish us though and I think that is our biggest enemy. Although even if we let in 2 we can score 1 and advance which gives us such a great position really.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

And you never lost a WC qualifier away from home, only lost 2 at home vs Portugal and England, not bad from a supposed average team based in a friendly at Wembley I guess...

Classical Mechanic

Indeed. Christensen is playing for them now a bit more though. The players have to take the blame sometimes though. Izzy Brown, made his Premier League debut for West Brom at 16 then promptly signed for Chelsea. Didn’t play again in the Premier League for another 4 years.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Jepp I am from Sweden. Tense time this cause a world cup is so great and something that can lift a summer. Enjoy it regardless, but having your nation in it is something special.
Thank God we didn't had to face you again, you improved since Hamren left.
Starting in the win against us Sunday and probably took David Luis' place in the first 11.
Didn't knew, even better for him, Chelsea does a good job, not easy to reach the first team.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Indeed. Christensen is playing for them now a bit more though. The players have to take the blame sometimes though. Izzy Brown, made his Premier League debut for West Brom at 16 then promptly signed for Chelsea. Didn’t play again in the Premier League for another 4 years.
I don't blame Chelsea, they have a outstanding academy, but it isn't easy to reach their first team, only mentioned Christensen because he can be a good example for Chelsea, if Loftus Cheek keeps going like this he can return or go to another EPL team, why not Ligue 1 or Bundesliga?

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't blame Chelsea, they have a outstanding academy, but it isn't easy to reach their first team, only mentioned Christensen because he can be a good example for Chelsea, if Loftus Cheek keeps going like this he can return or go to another EPL team, why not Ligue 1 or Bundesliga?
It's not easy as they don't allow the opportunity. Signing someone like Drinkwater for huge money when you have Loftus-Cheek epitomises this.

Sanatio

He had a great youth career but those wasted years at Chelsea probably mean he will never be the player he could have been, an arguable point I know. With 100+ senior games he would be much further on.
though he had injuries last season which allegedly is one of the reasons why he has been loaned out for a full season this year so he can get full match fitness and experience

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
3:0 vs the Saudis, even those second lines look sometimes better than the first tbh.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
With their midfield depth issue Loftus-Cheek deserved more of a run these last few seasons. and Abraham as the back up striker means they would not need to buy Michy.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's not easy as they don't allow the opportunity. Signing someone like Drinkwater for huge money when you have Loftus-Cheek epitomises this.
May sound stupid from the outside, but if he wasn't loaned to Palace he would stagnate more 1 year, he already should have been loaned last season, look at Tammy Abraham, last season Bristol, this Swansea, with the call ups to England might be looked in a different way at Chelsea, if not he can be sold to other club, it is part of their business model.

Paul_Scholes18

Thank God we didn't had to face you again, you improved since Hamren left.

Didn't knew, even better for him, Chelsea does a good job, not easy to reach the first team.
The defense has improved no doubt. Lindelöf and Granqvist are solid and the structure is better from the manager. Also we finally replaced Isaksson in goal that was a liability the last few yearse.

Berg and Toivonen also work very well together. Have done that since they played for Sweden in the under-21 tournament in 2009 and so not having Zlatan have been a blessing in disguise since the last partners didn't work out with him and we didn't have the attacking midfielders to only play with 1 striker. Hamren also build the attack far too much around Zlatan and when he hit poor form our attack was really fecked and we didn't do anything going forward at all.

Forsberg has also turned into a top european winger and that give the team so much. So things are really positive at the moment and if we go to the world cup I think we can do well if we get a good group. Apart from say Brazil, Argentina, (maybe Colombia, Mexico and Uruguay will be too much) and the top european teams we should have a good chance against the rest.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
With their midfield depth issue Loftus-Cheek deserved more of a run these last few seasons. and Abraham as the back up striker means they would not need to buy Michy.
Abraham was 18 had not played a professional game when we signed Michy. It's fairly unrealistic that a club with title aspirations would go with Costa and only him as backup.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Abraham was 18 had not played a professional game when we signed Michy. It's fairly unrealistic that a club with title aspirations would go with Costa and only him as backup.
Same thing happens at Real Madrid, used to be easier at Barcelona, truth is everybody wants to see youth players, but no one is ready to accept second place.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Just got back from the Sweden match. Fantastic result, great atmosphere. VNL looks a different player when playing for Sweden. Darmian was actually a threat going forward.
Great night all around, and no matter what happens in the return leg I'm sure nobody will be saying "meh it's only Sweden" very proud of the team.
Don't know who Mourinho was watching specifically but Forsberg had a very good game.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The defense has improved no doubt. Lindelöf and Granqvist are solid and the structure is better from the manager. Also we finally replaced Isaksson in goal that was a liability the last few yearse.

Berg and Toivonen also work very well together. Have done that since they played for Sweden in the under-21 tournament in 2009 and so not having Zlatan have been a blessing in disguise since the last partners didn't work out with him and we didn't have the attacking midfielders to only play with 1 striker. Hamren also build the attack far too much around Zlatan and when he hit poor form our attack was really fecked and we didn't do anything going forward at all.

Forsberg has also turned into a top european winger and that give the team so much. So things are really positive at the moment and if we go to the world cup I think we can do well if we get a good group. Apart from say Brazil, Argentina, (maybe Colombia, Mexico and Uruguay will be too much) and the top european teams we should have a good chance against the rest.
Sweden clearly have a game and a plan but quality is overall pretty low to be fair. That said, being the WC in Russia next year you may be in for a blinder, in the case you get the pass. I am not convinced yet, this knockout ties often show two very different games so who knows, zero today heroes on Monday :wenger:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
You sure about that? To me he looked really nervous - also made an error which could have led to a goal
That's a mistake? It's a good run, and an even better pass. He gets a little nudge too. It's hardly a mistake!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We signed Luiz for big money last year and Rudiger for big money this, yet that hasn't stopped Christensen.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Honduras and Australia are two terrible teams. Why are we expanding the World Cup again?