Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Some fans need to have a very long look at the squad available. No manager in the world could compete with City with this Squad. Also if everyone is fit and well, still there is not enough good players.
Wolves beat them twice this year. Home and away.

AaronRedDevil

Poch is available, get him!

I'm actually starting to not like watching football. I can't believe very thought of it. It's the one thing that cheers me up. I don't want to turn into a certain 27 year old like Claude.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Ole is out of his depth, it's clear to see. He's keeping his job because he's a great front for Woodward. Unlike Jose, he'll back the board, praise his team in defeat and pretend the process is going as planned, whereas Jose is willing to call out those above him for their failings.
Ole hasn't done anything in his managerial career to deserve the job he's in right now and should be remove from his position.

That being said, would sacking Ole change anything? Woodward is as big a problem than Ole himself. He's worked wonders in the financial sector, but is costing us even more on the footballing side of things, and until he's removed from that side of United, we could have Klopp or Guardiola in charge and nothing changes.
A club without a plan. We're on our fourth manager since Fergie retired and not one of them share a similar philosophy, so it's wasted money with each recruitment.

Even the Glazers are to blame, for letting Woodward control the footballing side of things. We can hate them as much as we want, but they've given the club money to invest and have been willing to pay the wages they do, so under a competent DoF, this team could be so much more.

Out of our squad, I can honestly say I wouldn't care if Young, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Dalot, Pereira, Fred, Mata, Matic, Lingard, Sanchez, and Pogba left. Leaving De Gea, Romero, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, McTominay, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and James as our squad.
For the money spent and the wages paid, we have a poor side and thats not on the Glazers or Ole, but Woodward, the biggest problem.

Lee565

Why do a lot of fans throw the players under the bus but protect Ole for our awful performances.

A lot of our players were performing far better until they join us to play under awful managers. I wont lay all the blame at the players until we sign a legit manager in his prime and not someone that is past it playing super cautious football(van gaal), going downwards as a manager and uses park the bus tactic against any half decent side(Mourinho) or clueless managers (ole, moyes) that outside of United will never ever manage another club expecting to win trophies and play champions league football every season.

Godfather

The question was answered ages ago. It's not going to get better under him either. What player in his right mind would join him?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Terrible selection of midfield for starting lineup. The Fred-Pereira combo didn't work against lesser teams yet he tries it again vs City. Also keeps playing Lingard. Sackable offenses these apart from fact that he can't seem to implement a proper style of play in squad.

Foxbatt

I honestly do not think that most fans here on CAF who support to keep Ole are real United fans. Any idiot can see that he is out of his depth. When he sees the City line up( yes he sees them before the kick off) he should have realised that they are not playing with a CF. So he should have instructed at least one of his CBs to step into the space in front of them.
He should be sacked instantly only because he is starting Lingard and for no other reason.

R'hllor

People trying to make like he improved 10 plus players, about coaching playing football lets not even talk.

stepic

I’m just going to assume the majority of the 48% have just forgotten they voted.

Tank Montana

Pep at Barca?
Just for clarity, I said, "... Ole wasn't really ever qualified for this job ...", meaning taking on the issues we faced a year ago and the ones knocking around since SAF left.

That aside, Barcelona did take a gamble and it paid off, but what Pep inherited was light years ahead of what Ole inherited a year ago or even has now. Not really blaming Ole here, he was dealt some pretty bad cards and it's commendable he took the task on.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
These players are nowhere near this bad. I love Ole the player, I really do, but this will taint his legacy. People hate to hear that, but it will. There will always be the jibe and the joke about his terrible era in charge anytime he is discussed.

Does he love the club or does he love the opportunity to be involved with the club?

He needs to take a breath, take a step back and have a hard look at things. He is a hero at this club, and a legend, adored by the fans.

Ole, if you love the club, do what’s best for it and step aside. Be honest with yourself, accept your severe limitations as a coach, accept that this job is far too big for most managers, never mind someone who has never ever been successful in a top league before.

If you love the club, act now, while the Europa and top 4 are still on the table and while we can still salvage the situation and attract top players this summer. While we still have a top coach to call on and no compensation to even discuss.

Sonetimes, if you love something, you have to let it go Ole!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We won’t be sacking him anytime soon. He’ll be manager next season I’m certain.
That said does anyone think he’s capable of having us play anything like City, Liverpool or even Leicester?

That’s my biggest issue. We have one way of playing. Aside from that we’re clueless

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That said does anyone think he’s capable of having us play anything like City, Liverpool or even Leicester?

That’s my biggest issue. We have one way of playing. Aside from that we’re clueless
The only way to tell is if he gets very good players but Edward Woodward isn't doing him any favours

fergiesarmy1

I’m just going to assume the majority of the 48% have just forgotten they voted.
The state we are in is not Ole’s fault. Unless things change at the top the next manager won’t fare much better. Fourth is the best any manager is getting from this squad.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I honestly do not think that most fans here on CAF who support to keep Ole are real United fans. Any idiot can see that he is out of his depth. When he sees the City line up( yes he sees them before the kick off) he should have realised that they are not playing with a CF. So he should have instructed at least one of his CBs to step into the space in front of them.
He should be sacked instantly only because he is starting Lingard and for no other reason.
Ole does come across as a bit simple so i wouldn’t be surprise if he didn’t even think about it.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The only way to tell is if he gets very good players but Edward Woodward isn't doing him any favours
Biesla transformed a team that finished 14th in the championship into the most attractive team in the league over one summer and didn’t need to sign 11 new players.

Roboc7

Of course he can’t I don’t know how anyone would think he can. How we play now with better players is as good as it can ever get with Ole.

All those managers you mentioned are massively superior to Ole, Molde have got better since he left. He’s an incredibly ordinary manager who has been given an opportunity he didn’t deserve and is completely under qualified for. Having said all that, it’s comical and unthinkable, but I agree he’ll be here next season.

laughtersassassin

Watch us beat Nowrich and everyone pretend it's a turning point. Must be so easy to keep the United job as long as you win about 1 in 3 or 4 it resets the clock like the losses and shit results before never happened.

passing-wind

I think it's increasingly likely he won't be here next season. The glazers / Woodward haven't been very vocal with appeasing the pressure on the team. I also reckon our lack of investment this winter also tells its own story. If the glazers wanted Ole to be here long term they would have allocated the funds, spending money has never really been an issue in the last decade it's what we spent it on that's the problem.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I think we still need about four players. A ten (assuming Pogba goes), two MFs, possibly a winger and possibly a LB, although young Williams looks really good.

We look rudderless though. No tactical nous to our play. City were well drilled tonight as to how Baldiola wanted them to play. We instead were relying on individual brilliance.

Louis Van Gonads

"I love Ole BUT....."

"I want Ole to succeed BUT...."

This is infuriating. I'm sure every United fan liked him as a player, you don't need to justify yourself in criticising him as manager. It just shows people are still struggling to separate the two.

Aside his CV and his poor performance in the job, he simply does not have the personality or character to manage Man Utd.

laughtersassassin

"I love Ole BUT....."

"I want Ole to succeed BUT...."

This is infuriating. I'm sure every United fan liked him as a player, you don't need to justify yourself in criticising him as manager. It just shows people are still struggling to separate the two.

Aside his CV and his poor performance in the job, he simply does not have the personality or character to manage Man Utd.
Nah people need ed to start saying that otherwise you get assumed to be an Ole hater with no valid opinion.

Got to jump through the hoops :lol:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He's also playing in the championship with a team built up of half premier league quality.
In his first summer he signed
  1. Dan Martin 18 year old.

2. Shergil 16. Neither of the above two have a wiki page
  3. Leif Davis 18 no appearances for Morecambe
  4. Douglas and Bamford were older players Leeds signed mostly squad players from Wolves and Middlesbrough
  5. Kiko Cassila GK from Real
  6. Bogusz 16 from Poland
I know the love for Ole from some is so strong that you’ll try to undermine the work of rival managers but seriously stop chatting BS.

RedDevilUnited369

Disgusted by the amount of short sighted fans we have.

Not saying Ole is the man. I think it’s a bit to big for him.

Gross negligence has led to this situation. Fault lies above the manager.

If LVG or Jose can’t do it. What make anyone think Ole can???

How many stupid post saying this will we see? Every single bloody poster knows we have massive problems above the manager.

But Ole is a shit manager, showed it at Cardiff and is showing here by so far doing a miles worse job than Mou, LVG and even Moyes.

Alabaster Codify7

How many stupid post saying this will we see? Every single bloody poster knows we have massive problems above the manager.

But Ole is a shit manager, showed it at Cardiff and is showing here by so far doing a miles worse job than Mou, LVG and even Moyes.
Yep.
Sack him off. Him and the rest of the incompetent coaches. It's a ridiculous situation we are in. We're being throttled by a nostalgic old boys club. Ole is an AWFUL manager it's as simple as that. The squad and owners need replacing yes, of course. But apparently the buck only stops with the manager if he didn't play for us and smile a lot

Spoofer. Out. Now.

ShinjiNinja26

We all know that Woodward and the Glazers are the main problem but the fact is their going nowhere. We have to find a manager who can be Successful despite them.

Ole clearly isn’t the man to do that on the evidence shown so far, you said so yourself he’s out his depth so why stick with him any longer?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Yeah what really makes anyone think Ole can do it?

passing-wind

Rubbish, Woodward and the Glazers have been highlighted as a problem since SAF was here.

Solskjaer is a rancid manager. He shouldn't have recieved the job to begin with. But he's backed himself, therefore the responsibility is now on him to make this team perform.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nobody is arguing that Woodward and Glazers aren't part of the problem. Here's my question for the Ole In crowd: if the manager doesn't make a difference and nobody could do any better or worse than Ole, then why do we have a manager in the first place? Why are we paying him £7.5m per year? Why not just sack the whole coaching staff and save the money?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Nobody is arguing that Woodward and Glazers aren't part of the problem. Here's my question for the Ole In crowd: if the manager doesn't make a difference and nobody could do any better or worse than Ole, then why do we have a manager in the first place? Why are we paying him £7.5m per year? Why not just sack the whole coaching staff and save the money?
Because you’ve got to have someone hold the wheel, duh.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think it's increasingly likely he won't be here next season. The glazers / Woodward haven't been very vocal with appeasing the pressure on the team. I also reckon our lack of investment this winter also tells its own story. If the glazers wanted Ole to be here long term they would have allocated the funds, spending money has never really been an issue in the last decade it's what we spent it on that's the problem.
I don't think the glazers have any real ambition for the club at this point. Top four seems out of our capability year in year out. My reading on it now is that it's back to value. Hopefully the decide to cash in at some point. I think Ole suits their ambitions. No way a more ambitious club would do the summer business we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.