Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So if they don't think the current manager is up to it, they "should not be allowed to enjoy wins like this". Don't be silly. Not thinking that a manager whose main achievements were in the Norwegian league is up to rebuilding United isn't having "an agenda".
They have their opinion and its been disgracefully expressed.

I also have my opinion which is allowed too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Again, it's a great win, as I've said more times now than any of the 'Ole In' lot (funny that)...

But, for me, against a flat City side, 28% possession at home is a poor stat when looking at the bigger picture.

We scored from a set piece that was questionable - another day it's drab 0-0.

The reason why the 28% possession is noteworthy is because it's that fact that's seen why this Utd side can't finish off crapper teams so many times.

Counter attacking footy with quality players will get you a handful of 'big wins' every season, but you won't be winning the big prizes with footy like that. And to me, that's Ole's biggest problem as a coach now.
crawl back into your hole.

lysglimt

Scout
Be smug... be super fecking smug about how long sighted you all are and how short sighted the others are.

Be don't be cnuts. :)
I have no problem with 99% of all the people who have complained about OGS and want him gone - but there are 5-6-7 people here who deserve everything they are getting now.

Tyrion

They have their opinion and its been disgracefully expressed.

I also have my opinion which is allowed too.
And I have mine and we could go around like that all day.

It's just weird to decide that enjoying good results is exclusively for the 'good fans'.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Again, it's a great win, as I've said more times now than any of the 'Ole In' lot (funny that)...

But, for me, against a flat City side, 28% possession at home is a poor stat when looking at the bigger picture.

The reason why the 28% possession is noteworthy is because it's that fact that's seen why this Utd side can't finish off crapper teams so many times.

Counter attacking footy with quality players will get you a handful of 'big wins' every season, but you won't be winning the big prizes with footy like that. And to me, that's Ole's biggest problem as a coach now.
28% doesn't look good if taken at face value, but when you consider the standard of opposition and the fact they are one of the best in Europe at retaining possession, it doesn't look quite as bad.

Ole has proven this season that the best way to beat this City side is defend deep and hit them on the counter. If conceding large amounts of possession is what it takes then so be it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
And I have mine and we could go around like that all day.

It's just weird to decide that enjoying good results is exclusively for the 'good fans'.
And I don't think thats weird.

we could go around like that all day.

Kopral Jono

Another sad day for the Ole out crew.
Nah, I still want Ole gone pronto and I'm happy as feck right now. These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

And this may come as a surprise to you but for obvious reasons, I'm happy for Ole, too.

Tel074

You are not a United fan . That's totally pathetic comments

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
There's a limit though... like this is a great win for Ole, but it's cowardly football at home.

It's really negative and it's utter dross to watch.
Are you suggesting we try to beat them at their own game? For all their possession they really created feck all in terms of chances. We beat them 3 times this season by playing counter attack, why change a winning formula?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah but he relegated Cardiff so he’s obviously the worst manager to grace the game
Exactly the argument I dont get from the Ole Out group here. There are managers whose tactics are suited to bigger sides, and there are managers whose tactics are suited to smaller sides. There aren't many (if any) who can pull off a successful stint with all sorts of teams, not in today's era atleast.

vidic blood & sand

We're doing ok, and so we should get behind Ole till the end of the season and then evaluate.
Unted fans who would like to see Ole sacked ASAP, are morons.

Keefy18

Pal you're having a mare.

Stop posting, log out and watch a movie or something.

There's simply no pleasing folks like you, if we had 68% possession and didn't test City's keeper you'd be ranting and posting utter s*it about us being a LVG side and Ole having done nothing to transform us.

We set up to counter attack, which is a perfectly acceptable tactic to use, I mean didn't Fergie use it for years...arguably our greatest ever side from 08 was the perfect model of counter attacking football ever seen.

To suggest counter attacking footy only gets you a handful of big wins every season is utter, utter, utter, utter boll*cks.

Liverpool often use counter football currently, no doubting they are the best side in world football.

Like I say, log out and stop embarrassing yourself.

lysglimt

Scout
Nah, I still want Ole gone pronto and I'm happy as feck right now. These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

And this may come as a surprise to you but for obvious reasons, I'm happy for Ole, too.
So if you were in charge - you would want to sack a manager with 7 wins and 3 defeats in the last 10 games and the same day we beat City ?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Liverpool.

Handré1990

I’m starting to feel it! How anyone can watch the game today and call it a smash and grab is beyond me.. We created a lot more chances. Such a great night!

As an aside, in his post-match interview Ole adressed our inability to defend in possession and how we could have scored three more if James (x2) and Martial had squared the ball to Bruno. That’s really music to my ears, because it’s clear as day even after a game like this, he wants improvement.

Bring us Mourinho!:keano:

mu4c_20le

We're doing ok, and so we should get behind Ole till the end of the season and then evaluate.
Unted fans who would like to see Ole sacked ASAP, are morons.
As are the ones who make up stats, or post selective stats to make him look like the worst manager in the league. Can never understand what's the point of that.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You are not a United fan . That's totally pathetic comments
United aren't my primary concern in life anymore - I'm a Dad of 2 kids, don't live in Manchester anymore and I'm not really a fan of Utd's owners at all, in fact I loathe them.

But I always want to see Utd going in the right direction.

I have plenty of class which I've shows towards my manager for months.

unlike you and others.
Ole isn't 'my manager' though... I think Utd could do a lot better.

But I've never been rude toward Solskjaer personally, as you are to other posters who hold a different opinion than yourself.

You're coming across badly and it's no doubt that it'll come back on you during Ole's next inevitable dip.

Just enjoy a great win and stop being silly.

Varun

Staff
I hope we can preserve the brains of some folks in here to really understand what goes on under the hood.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
People aren't seriously complaining about that victory are they? What a bunch of whiny, know-nothing cnuts!

Dve

So if they don't think the current manager is up to it, they "should not be allowed to enjoy wins like this". Don't be silly. Not thinking that a manager whose main achievements were in the Norwegian league is up to rebuilding United isn't having "an agenda" as some here suggest, it's a perfectly reasonable position.
Ole is learning, and like Matic said (and Fred as well) he´s a better manager now than he was a year ago. In the end of the season, he could very well be a manager with more on his record than just winning a few titles in Norway.

Ludens the Red

Been a good month or so. Good team selections, cutting Lingard and Perreiras game time down to a minimal was needed and he’s done it. Defence looks very solid at the moment. I didn’t expect it but it’s happened so fair play to Ole.
But this needs to continue, still only half way there. It could still change so quickly with a few defeats. So maybe let’s not get carried away just yet.... but for the first time this season we and Ole genuinely look in control of things.
Dunno why people are complaining about possession. City did absolutely nothing with it and must have made about 900 passes between their centre backs, it was actually bordering on pathetic. Almost as if they were playing some sort of completed passes game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

But I've never been rude toward Solskjaer personally, as you are to other posters who hold a different opinion than yourself.

You're coming across badly and it's no doubt that it'll come back on you during Ole's next inevitable dip.

I don't think I am at all.

You and your ilk however have done for months.

tonnas

That is what makes it sweet though.

for those of us who could see what was coming.. it feels so deserved.

For everyone who has called Ole a PE manager, for everyone who said he was the worst manager in the league, for everyone who said they hated him for sticking up for the Glazers... there’s a sense of shame about these wins. They know they don’t deserve them.
This is an incredible feeling. Hopefully people can share in the good feeling. But for those of you who do feel ashamed of how they’ve spoke about the lovable manager of United.. learn from this.
Have we just won the league?

Tel074

United aren't my primary concern in life anymore - I'm a Dad of 2 kids, don't live in Manchester anymore and I'm not really a fan of Utd's owners at all, in fact I loathe them.

But I always want to see Utd going in the right direction.

Well you must be a bundle of joy about the house haha . Nah seriously If you don't care why be so negative . Just chill and enjoy United winning for a change

SteveW

Been a good month or so. Good team selections, cutting Lingard and Perreiras game time down to a minimal was needed and he’s done it. Defence looks very solid at the moment. I didn’t expect it but it’s happened so fair play to Ole.
But this needs to continue, still only half way there. It could still change so quickly with a few defeats. So maybe let’s not get carried away just yet.... but for the first time this season we and Ole genuinely look in control of things.
Dunno why people are complaining about possession. City did absolutely nothing with it and must have made about 900 passes between their centre backs, it was actually bordering on pathetic. Almost as if they were playing some sort of completed passes game.
We didnt have a midfield until February. Its zero surprise to anyone who understands football that getting Matic and Mctominay back and signing Bruno has led to an upturn.

You can't do anything without a functioning midfield. We've been trying to win games with Pereira all season. If we'd a midfield all season we'd be at least 10 points higher and all this abuse wouldn't have happened. This has been obvious since August.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Be smug... be super fecking smug about how long sighted you all are and how short sighted the others are.

Be don't be cnuts. :)
The time to be smug is when we are back to winning titles. I'd be lying if I said there wasnt a small amount of satisfaction at seeing some of this start to come together now though, but we are still any single defeat away from the same old questions and criticisms resurfacing

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Here's my perspective:

1. Ole knows how to beat the very best. He's done it at United on a consistent basis beating teams home and away. Vital for a Manager in the big games when the chips are down. Just look at Pochettino as a polar opposite of this.
2. Defense is clearly improving. It took a while to gel and get a stable back 5 with proper defensive cover in midfield, but we're now seeing clean sheets on a regular basis, even our set piece defending has improved significantly.
3. Our signings under Ole have on the whole been excellent.
4. He's made the right calls (eventually) dropping certain players after giving them a genuine go in the first team. I'd say the only player he's really not attempted to give too many chances too this season is Angel Gomes.
5. He's also got us on decent runs of form, 2 fairly long unbeaten runs now at United which is promising.

Honestly, the only blemish is his slight reluctance to make changes in a game, his in game management could do with being a touch faster.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Possession does not matter if you can limit the chances of the other side. There wasn't any time in the game where they had the upper hand over us in the final third. They hardly had any decent chances- Dave's saves were pretty standard and apart from the 5 minute span when Mahrez was taking on Williams, the entire backline was composed. Us on the other hand could have had a penalty, scored 2 more had our players decided to look up before taking a shot.

It's like LVG era. You can have all the possession, but it matters only if you can do something with the ball when it's at your feet, and City didn't do anything and that's all that matters!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Raise your hand if you are willing to admit you were wrong about Ole and now want to give him a chance.

Raise your hand if you are not a United supporter and are here just to cause trouble and, hopefully, keep United from competing for more years. (I suspect there are many of these)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Let's all Unite and will the team to get top 4. This win against City was huge and now we have a real chance to make it into the UCL. So I'm hoping we put our differences aside until the end of the season and support the whole team to get either 3rd/4th.

tonnas

“new member”

you’re going to stay that way.
yes I wont be sleeping tonight because of that :D:D

try to accept different opinions, as it cna be clearly seen 50%+ dont believe in the manager and there is no clue that under Ole we will win any major trophies, everyone is entitled to their opinion and time will tell... (a similar scenario happened under Jose and look what happened) we are still 5th and we waint playing wonder football either.

I have no problem with 99% of all the people who have complained about OGS and want him gone - but there are 5-6-7 people here who deserve everything they are getting now.
Agree. There's the Ole outs- which is perfectly fine. And then there's the agenda Ole outs, who can not do anything but complain. Who can not give Ole a single compliment for the things he has done well- but will rather deny obvious progress, deny that some players have improved under Ole, deny that he's been pretty good in the transfer ins. Deny good form. Will complain that we only beat big teams and can't break down the smaller- until we do break down the smaller teams, and then they go "it's only...."

I would respect them if they could actually give him some wins now and then. "Yeah, he has done good in____, but I think there are better options out there." That is very fair. But the way some of these guys (a small minority, mind you) behave, I see them as nothing but trolls.

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly the argument I dont get from the Ole Out group here. There are managers whose tactics are suited to bigger sides, and there are managers whose tactics are suited to smaller sides. There aren't many (if any) who can pull off a successful stint with all sorts of teams, not in today's era atleast.
Ole took a risk with Cardiff because he wanted to show he was a good enough manager to manage United one day, he said himself he thought he'd blown his chance of ever getting the job once he got relegated and fired so he was thinking about it back then, which probably influenced his style of play and decision making.

If Pep would have taken the Norwich job this season and got them relegated would people have said the same thing? You can only do so much with the players you have at your disposal, no matter how great your ideas are.

Anustart89

Very good win. Really solid defensively and only gave up two real chances in 90 minutes. Really starting to look up. Our players are so shocked to have a no 10 making a run into the box for the cut-back that they don't even look for it. When they start doing that Bruno's going to be getting double figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.