Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancave bear

Ole is exactly the manager we need, to get back to the top.

He have shown us that he can buy the right players and improve the excisting ones.

He have shown us that he is a great tactition by his results against PSG, Mourinho, Pep, Poch, and Klopp.

Our lack of creative players have made it difficult against teams who park the bus. But with Bruno and Pogba in the team, things start looking better.

If we have had the team we have now, all season, we would have been number 2 in the league.

Thanks to the board for finally letting a manager getting time to do his project.

Thanks to thous of us with backbone, supporters who have suported the manager in this tough year.

Not so much thanks to the fans who wanted to sack another manager, after to short time, becaus they have a hard time being a Manchester United fan when the the sky is grey.

Thanks to Ole for bringing the sun back on our sky!

Last edited:

imamuppet

Sack Ole NOW,

Its obvious he hasnt a clue what he is doing.

Took Cardiff down,

Only won trophies in a crap league.

Doesnt know how to coach.

Has a small mind mentality.

Cant judge young players.

Only got the job because Woodward needed a fans favourite

Hehehehee, am I doing this right ?

mancave bear

Sack Ole NOW,

Its obvious he hasnt a clue what he is doing.

Took Cardiff down,

Only won trophies in a crap league.

Doesnt know how to coach.

Has a small mind mentality.

Cant judge young players.

Only got the job because Woodward needed a fans favourite

Hehehehee, am I doing this right ?
Haha, thats perfect ; )

Some "fans" will actually say some of that stuff : )

b82REZ

I've not really veered from my preseason expectations - top 4 and continue the rebuild but if we don't finish top 4 (unless it's coupled by a cup win or 2, then you'd need to take that into consideration), i think he should go.

I don't think anyone expected us to catch City and Pool this season, but top 4 was/is more than achievable - considering the teams around us. All teams from 3-7 have faced similar challenges: new managers, blooding in youngsters, injuries, inconsistency etc. so i didn't think it was an impossible ask, certainly also not after spending 130m on shoring up the defence.

I've been through periods where i didn't feel Ole could take us any further forward, but since our form has turned around, i have a renewed hope for him. He's done some really great stuff for which he deserves credit (he's a legend, culture at the club seems positive, signings have been pretty spot on etc.). So I hope we push on and get that top 4/back into the UCL and he can continue his rebuild and hopefully add the finishing touches (eg. Sancho for the RW). Because if OGS could be successful here, the flipside for us is massive because of his love for the club.
Exactly this.

While our performances are much improved there still has to be the same standard applied.

Anyway I'm fairly certain he's here next season regardless now so I do hope he pinches top 4 or Europa league and goes onto be a massive success.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think people are out of their mind for even having this conversation to be honest. It's like having it just for the sake of having it. The players are behind him. He's getting rid of as many rotten apples as he can. He's shown that initial run wasn't a fluke and that we now have some cohesion. I don't really give a crap if he 'failed' at other clubs or won in a league they don't care about. If he's only ever successful as a United manager? That's enough. He has the squad convinced. Of course we want Pogba to resign - that will be a good indication but either way we're seeing good signs after a period of complete junk.

Last edited:

PeteManic

Finally a Man United team that plays like a Man United team should.

Great results playing the counter attacking 3-4-3 against the big teams. And now with Bruno, United are battering the smaller teams.

Liverpool have the perfect mix at the moment but no reason not to be pushing for title next season. Could do with a centre half and another forward player.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think people are out of their mind for even having this conversation to be honest. It's like having it just for the sake of having it. The players are behind him. He's getting rid of as many rotten apples as he can. He's shown that initial run wasn't a fluke and that we now have some cohesion. I don't really give a crap if he 'failed' at other clubs or won in a league they don't care about. If he's only ever successful as a United manager? That's enough. He has the squad convinced. Of course we want Pogba to resign - that will be a good indication but either way we're seeing good signs after a period of complete junk.
It really is time for this thread to die

JohnnyKills

He's done a good job so far. Practically all his decisions (getting rid of the squad players, building around Martial and Rashford, the signings) have worked out well. He may not be the man for the long-term but I'd certainly give him another year. Where's Poch going to go this summer anyway?

Chairman Steve

We look much better since Bruno came in, and in hindsight we should have tried to get him last summer because based on the time he has been here, we could have been a reasonably comfortable 3rd in the league.

I have no idea how much of our positive transformation can be solely put down to OGS. You don’t feel that he would have been given the same freedoms as LVG and Jose because his managerial record pales in comparison to theirs and itd be completely crazy to hand such freedoms of a massive club to someone with that record.

I think (and hope) our revitalisation is down to the club hierarchy as a whole, which includes Woodward down to OGS. Maybe after Jose and buying Sanchez, I hope they realised they don’t want the club to built in the vision of one man who played a very specific way, which doesn’t befit a European giant, as well as marquee names are way too much hassle for their worth. Therefore let’s start listening to the likes of Lawlor, Bout, Murtough, maybe even Sir Alex and Sir Bobby who probably weren’t too keen on some of the changes LVG and Jose wanted to do. Let’s buy players that want to play us and avoid players who only the manager wants (much like the Jose era) and obviously good players that are available but only wanted to play to get paid (Dybala in this case. I’m glad we didn’t cave into his demands). God knows how many amazing players we could have had that got vetoed by Jose or LVG, or even potentially sold by them like Jose supposedly wanting to sell Martial.

I hope this is the beginning of a more modern and autonomous Utd, which is more in line with how Bayern are ran.

HarryRedCrumbs

This threads like a death at a birthday party,
it ruins all the fun.
Like a sucked and spat out smartie,
it's no use to anyone.

Mainoldo

We will be back here when the team starts progressing and improving.

I haven’t changed my mind but he’s doing a really good job for the next an even though I thought his time should have been up ages ago. However I can’t fault him for his rebuild and putting things in place so that we are ready for a title challenge. The squads aura also looks amazing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can see the style he's trying to implement which is very exciting hence a vote change. The style of play was once again very evident against Brighton and when the transformation is complete we will at the very least have a team that plays a attacking brand of football that befits this great club which is what I want to see.

Bojan11

With the fixtures we got he needs to get champions league.

We had too many moments since Fergie left, where we had impressive performance and then after that we have probably the easiest game on paper and we bottle it. Bournemouth on Saturday is the easiest game in the league we can hope for. Newcastle smashed them with ease. We can’t afford to bottle that.

Tony247

Arrival of bruno and relegation of lingard, perriera and mata has brought directness in our playing style, that's how Man Utd used to play always. Keep it up and add at least one more AM and RW. Can't play same players in each PL game. Too risky.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd keep him, there's no manager I'd take that is available currently.

He has the team playing, and in good form.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If we’re getting results then obviously keep him. You’re only as good as your last result and for a while results were very poor and I didn’t think he’d be able to turn it round but he has and how!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Will humbly admit that I was somewhat Ole out when the season is over before we got Bruno, but now I'm complete okay with keeping him for 1 or 2 more seasons to see what he can do.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We still play unsophisticated football. We have better players though. If we sack Ole we will still have those players.

Most fans think you should sack the manager if he loses a lot of football games. But the best reason to sack a manager is because there is someone else who wants the job who could do it better. I think that's the case here.

RedTiger

Half mast
We still play unsophisticated football. We have better players though. If we sack Ole we will still have those players.

Most fans think you should sack the manager if he loses a lot of football games. But the best reason to sack a manager is because there is someone else who wants the job who could do it better. I think that's the case here.
What is your definition of "sophisticated football"?

shahzy

I hold my hand up and say it looks like i was wrong about Ole. I voted he should see out the season and then we replace him but im starting to believe he is the man for the job. The harmony he has created, hes got everyone pulling in the same direction and added really good players that we have needed. That cant go unnoticed

meamth

Football is simple, you play attacking football, score goals, fans happy.

Why do you have to make it complicated?

Maybe you're the Van Gaal type, see Martial shoots, go to the pitch and teach him, "you have to take a touch, look at the keeper and pass it to his right, see if you scores "

crossy1686

career ending

Some people have never managed and have zero understanding of how work environment and culture works. It's impossible to explain process to people who have no understanding of process.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Like who?

Revan

Assumptionman
Voted to keep him, but a lot should depend on what happens till the end of the season (and if bad things happen, then see who is available). Only Allegri inspires me from the available managers, but if Ole gets UCL football, I would say to keep him.

Saying that, I think that we missed a trick with Zidane.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don't see how any can say they want Ole out at this point. There is a clear direction and progress with what he's done and the rebuild is still ongoing. The greatest thing for me is that we can see significant progress and I am enjoying watching us play again (no one can say this when we had Moyes, LVG or Jose). This is becoming like a proper United team again - attacking play, youth, work rate, team work and strong personalities in the dressing room. It's now about bringing in the consistency and getting 2 or 3 more additions to really challenge.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't see how any can say they want Ole out at this point. There is a clear direction and progress with what he's done and the rebuild is still ongoing. The greatest thing for me is that we can see significant progress and I am enjoying watching us play again (no one can say this when we had Moyes, LVG or Jose). This is becoming like a proper United team again - attacking play, youth, work rate, team work and strong personalities in the dressing room. It's now about bringing in the consistency and getting 2 or 3 more additions to really challenge.
There are many idiots in the World....

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Poll looks very different now.

Wasn’t too long ago the majority wanted Ole out and those of us who didn’t where called WUMs or deluded....
And opposition fans pretending as ManUtd fans.

Acquire Me

Voted to keep him, but a lot should depend on what happens till the end of the season (and if bad things happen, then see who is available). Only Allegri inspires me from the available managers, but if Ole gets UCL football, I would say to keep him.

We did not miss anything. This is exciting. The way we are going now is the United way. How hard is it to acknowledge that this has been brilliant?

Lentwood

I’m not going to gloat...well I am a bit....BUT please let this be a lesson to some of our supporters.

Process, attitude, mentality, vision, principles, morals etc...are all far more important that any small set of results.

Plus, when we talk about “long term planning” that doesn’t mean 3 months, 6 months or even a season! It means making decisions today that will benefit the club in 5 years time!

midnightmare

Why would you think that? Zidane has an absolutely and astonishingly good record at Real Madrid, but (and I do follow Real Madrid quite closely), I think there's enough reason to believe he would not have had this impact at United. If you're going only by trophy haul, he'd be ideal, but there is a lot more we should be considering.

Andy_Cole

I’m not going to gloat...well I am a bit....BUT please let this be a lesson to some of our supporters.

Process, attitude, mentality, vision, principles, morals etc...are all far more important that any small set of results.

Plus, when we talk about “long term planning” that doesn’t mean 3 months, 6 months or even a season! It means making decisions today that will benefit the club in 5 years time!
I also voted for ‘keep Ole’. But I don’t blame the fans on the other side. Ole was completely unproven, unknown in terms of management, plus it looked like we were falling to mediocrity. You’re correct about patience but there’s was a risk with sticking with Ole.

M16Red

Just go back to page 200 ish and enjoy the read. :devil:

So happy we're seeing something like good football, I actually look forward to watching the games now, it's been a long time since I've been able to say that.

lysglimt

Scout
I also voted for ‘keep Ole’. But I don’t blame the fans on the other side. Ole was completely unproven, unknown in terms of management, plus it looked like we were falling to mediocrity. You’re correct about patience but there’s was a risk with sticking with Ole.
There were 2 kinds of Ole-out fans - the ones who actually made decent points for getting rid of him (even if I didnt agree with them) - and then the most vocal ones who called him the worst manager in the league, clueless, idiot etc....

b82REZ

Yet we still have nothing to show apart from a good run for a dozen or so games.

Yes, we are looking better, significantly so since the arrival of Fernandes but to act as if you're some sort of nostradamus because you had faith is daft.

There was no rational reason to keep Ole around Xmas time beyond intangible things like faith and patience.

I have always hoped the man would prove me wrong and at the moment he seems to be doing a cracking job at it, but let's wait until the season is over before we declare him or the season a success. All it takes is an injury to Bruno and we could well find ourselves serving up performances like we did in October.

I still cannot back him if we fail to get CL, that is my minimum expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.