Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenbeard

Let's be realistic, Ole is obviously not good enough. Two seasons ago we finished with 66 points. Last season we finished with 66 points. The only material difference between both seasons is that we finished in the top four in one season and out of the top four in the other. We have been seduced into believing that might actually mount a title challenge. How deluded can we as a fan base be.

The fact is that that Everton are getting their act together, Arsenal are getting their act together. If you ask me, I am not at all confident we will even finish in the top four.
So.. who shall we replace him with?? Just give me your honest opinion.

JB7

Jesus Christ some of you need to take a look in the mirror, what an embarrassment that this thread is open on day 1 of the fecking season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If you are still blaming the manager. You simply have failed to understand what is actually wrong at United. Ed Woodward.

People love to swear its the Glazers. But let's be real. Gill and Fergie didn't have problems recruiting nor spending. This incompetent hack has been giveb twice the money they ever got and has never had a coherrent strategy on what to do with it. Never knowing when to spend it or not.
I am blaming Ed. Ole is absolute disaster of the manager but Ed hired him. And Ed could have sacked him a long time ago. And who can sack him now. While there is time to not ruining another season.

mu4c_20le

Dominated the game? You make it sound like a smash and grab. We could have conceded 5 today.
We gifted them the goals with defensive mistakes. Palace weren't that good, they just defended really well. And with a rotated side, we should have been able to grind out a result, but a lot of things went against us. If I were to find fault in Ole today it would be gambling on Pogba instead of VdB who should be fitter and sharper. But even he can't prevent Lindelofs errors.

Eddy_JukeZ

We gifted them the goals with defensive mistakes. Palace weren't that good, they just defended really well. And with a rotated side, we should have been able to grind out a result, but a lot of things went against us. If I were to find fault in Ole today it would be gambling on Pogba instead of VdB who should be fitter and sharper. But even he can't prevent Lindelofs errors.
Almost every goal scored in football can attributed to defensive mistakes.

We were shocking today. We didn't dominate that game at all.

Hopefully it was because our players weren't match fit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be honest, yeah this will come across knee jerk, but I stick by what I said at the end of next season.

Getting that CL spot saved Ole his job, but this season is going to be a waste of a season with him in charge because he really doesn't have an idea.
He's had two great runs in between a lot of dross, but these runs come at just the right time to keep him in favour.
His first, when he took over, and his second when Bruno came in.

Before Bruno, Ole was on his last legs, miles off that 4th spot, and without a glimmer of hope. The Bruno effect wore off and nearing the end of the season we were back to that shakey Man United, ultimately scraping that 4th spot on the last day of the season.

People say points totals don't matter, and sure you cant judge a season off points alone, but we finished on the same points as we did the season before. The only progress is we looked better, but we only looked better when Bruno came in, before then, we were on course for the worst season since Fergie left.

So yeah, I think this will be another wasted season.
The only positive right now is, hopefully we get a reaction in the transfer market.
Liverpool have made moves, Chelsea have, Arsenal have and Tottenham have, yet we fumble every season
He was off the pace start of last season because he wasn’t backed properly. We needed a new striker and creative player and for neither. All our signings seem to be 12 - 18 months after we require them.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This. There is plenty of talent in this team to comfortably beat Palace. I'm tired of everyone always blaming Ed for Ole's shortcomings. Ole deserves some criticism. Ole isn't getting it done vs the bottom half, and in particular the bottom 5 of the EPL. This isn't a lack of talent issue when you drop 13 points to the likes of West Ham, Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. It is a managing issue.

Ole NEEDS to be held accountable. Too many people are in denial and like to blame Ed as the reason for all of Ole's shortcomings. Look, Ed is terrible at his job and he needs to go, but there is still way too much talent on this team to be dropping so many points vs the bottom half of the table. And that is Ole's fault, not Ed's. Both need to go.
He needs to be held accountable obviously, but breaking low blocks down is more on players rather than the manager. All a manager can do is
a. instruct more players up front, and we did have most of our players in the opposition half.
b. His second job is to instruct players to make that run - we did see some runs - not sufficient (agreed), but it seemed that the players had trained on that part as well - There was a McT to Martial failed pass, Greenwood losing his marker to get that header, Bruno's long ball for Pog, etc.
c. Instructing his players to take that risk and pass the ball forward - again, it didn't seem like we were hesitent on pulling the trigger here as well. And remember In all the above points, I'm talking about quantity as that's what a manager can control.

But for the system to be successful, the quality of the final pass was lacking - there was a lack of intelligent runs behind the players, there was lack of concentration at times and of course there was some poor decision making as well. All that lies on the players and not the manager.

Zoo

I have changed it out now. Even in our unbeaten run we were lucky in lot of games and had a purple patch and since Southampton game we have been woeful.
Fair enough but that doesn’t wash. Since February we’ve been one of the top teams, nobody is going to hit a perfect level of performance every game.

Web of Bissaka

New season and nothing new.

Only one new player VDB = a breath of fresh air... two if you want to insist on including Dean. New players usually brought in the energy and competitiveness so the squad tend to be better. Last season, all our transfers hit top form immediately after joining, only dwindled down in later months. Not a coincidence we only had one new player... and he's the only one that play well in general.

The recent match performance is just an extension of last season.
  • Rely on individuals.
  • Need some players to hit top form/purple patch so they can carry the team... none at the moment.
  • Shape/structure still neglected.
  • Fitness is still shockingly poor standard in comparison to other teams.
  • questionable decisions makings by manager.
  • late substitutions.
  • players motivations remain questionable.
  • coaching still no improvements.
  • attacking is still haphazard... a mess. And predictable vs low blocks.
  • players chemistry doesn't look improving... as if they never play with each other before.
  • still don't know how to deal with high press comfortably.
  • still clueless in how to break low blocks with good stability and composure, no Matic = no party.
  • players (the usual suspects) still perform like how they normally perform.
  • also the same stubborn 4231 system.

Same ole same ole.

So I'm seeing the excuses cards have been dished out already.
1. We lack fitness... meaning our fitness coaching is poor.
2. Players we played lack fitness... then why the heck Ole pick unfit players.
3. We don't have quality in depth... that's rubbish. The quality players were benched (Greenwood, AWB) or left out (Matic).

Tough to trust a manager nor coaches that doesn't seem to be improving or learning their own mistakes/weaknesses.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He's in his 3rd season, 2nd full season.

2.5 seasons in I'm expecting a much bigger push. He has talent available to him, and I'm sure we will get a right wing of sorts before the window closes.

After Oct 5th he will be under pressure. Can't get away with as many shit performances this season as he did last.
How could he have gotten the squad fit given the circumstances of last 3 months? Pleas answer that.

Dr. StrangeHate

At this point, we're going to have to accept that whoever is our manager will be hamstrung by incompetent club leadership. Switching out managers isn't going to fix the rot at United.
It will at the very least be a step in the right direction.

mu4c_20le

Possession, yes but defo not the game. Palace had all the best chances and openings and could have scored more with better composure
The ball was firmly in their half most of the game. They had an offside goal rightfully chalked off and a very soft penalty, the match highlights flattered them.

MrSingh2002

Our signings over the past 7 years CLEARLY show that Woodward doesn't understand a thing about signing talented players for the long term for this club.

Ole in regards to transfers has atleast shown he asks for decent players to be signed.

Ole should have been backed with the LB, CB and RW that he asked for.

Woodward is the root cause of this and changing managers before removing him from any decision making wouldn't change a thing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
New season and nothing new.

Only one new player VDB = a breath of fresh air... two if you want to insist on including Dean. New players usually brought in the energy and competitiveness so the squad tend to be better. Last season, all our transfers hit top form immediately after joining, only dwindled down in later months. Not a coincidence we only had one new player... and he's the only one that play well in general.

The recent match performance is just an extension of last season.
  • Rely on individuals.
  • Need some players to hit top form/purple patch so they can carry the team... none at the moment.
  • Shape/structure still neglected.
  • Fitness is still shockingly poor standard in comparison to other teams.
  • questionable decisions makings by manager.
  • late substitutions.
  • players motivations remain questionable.
  • coaching still no improvements.
  • attacking is still haphazard... a mess. And predictable vs low blocks.
  • players chemistry doesn't look improving... as if they never play with each other before.
  • still don't know how to deal with high press comfortably.
  • still clueless in how to break low blocks with good stability and composure, no Matic = no party.
  • players (the usual suspects) still perform like how they normally perform.
  • also the same stubborn 4231 system.

Same ole same ole.

So I'm seeing the excuses cards have been dished out already.
1. We lack fitness... meaning our fitness coaching is poor.
2. Players we played lack fitness... then why the heck Ole pick unfit players.
3. We don't have quality in depth... that's rubbish. The quality players were benched (Greenwood, AWB) or left out (Matic).

Tough to trust a manager nor coaches that doesn't seem to be improving or learning their own mistakes/weaknesses.
You should have just typed OleOut :lol:

downunder red

All week Ole was saying Pogba was not fully fit but he would play some part. Why the hell he did not start DVB instead. Surely he looked a lot sharper at training than Pogba. Would have been a different game if he did. Same with Rashford. Don't tell me rashford is burning up the training track because he is not taking it out on the pitch. I am an Ole fan but he is starting to lose me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The ball was firmly in their half most of the game. They had an offside goal rightfully chalked off and a very soft penalty, the match highlights flattered them.
I watched the game my friend, not match highlights. We didn't dominate shit, just pointless possession. We're lucky Ayew played for them

JB7

Another one in the pantheon of dumb posts that contribute nothing to this thread. I have decided to block these one-liner wiseasses.
Nothing deserves to be contributed to the thread because it shouldn’t exist unless it’s to collect and block the stupidest posters on the forum.

Web of Bissaka

He needs to be held accountable obviously, but breaking low blocks down is more on players rather than the manager. All a manager can do is
a. instruct more players up front, and we did have most of our players in the opposition half.
b. His second job is to instruct players to make that run - we did see some runs - not sufficient (agreed), but it seemed that the players had trained on that part as well - There was a McT to Martial failed pass, Greenwood losing his marker to get that header, Bruno's long ball for Pog, etc.
c. Instructing his players to take that risk and pass the ball forward - again, it didn't seem like we were hesitent on pulling the trigger here as well. And remember In all the above points, I'm talking about quantity as that's what a manager can control.

But for the system to be successful, the quality of the final pass was lacking - there was a lack of intelligent runs behind the players, there was lack of concentration at times and of course there was some poor decision making as well. All that lies on the players and not the manager.
Wouldn't you say his decisions makings and abilities of his coaching affected the players performance significantly?

The system does rely on individuals so basically pouring most of the responsibilities on the players.

Ole's job are these no?
1. to help them prepare in trainings vs low blocks (doesn't look sufficient)
2. give them enough quality players most useful vs low blocks (he left out Matic totally and Greenwood for 45 mins)
3. provide them a better system so they can break it better (not a good effective system)

The intent to help the players are there clearly, which is good.

But unfortunately not the quality.

mu4c_20le

I watched the game my friend, not match highlights. We didn't dominate shit, just pointless possession. We're lucky Ayew played for them
We can't win matches without possession, and we can't draw out a team that has the lead and doesn't want to come out. I'd be worried if we couldn't control the game.

Anustart89

All you Ole outers pop up every time we have a bad game.

It’s honestly a joke at this point :lol:

It’s not his fault the team looked sluggish.

His only fault was starting Lindelof. But in truth both CBs played garbage.
If people had been saying these things during the mid-season break you lot would've been "Give him a fecking pre-season and judge him on the actual games!!" Then when the games come people are not allowed to be critical :lol:

mu4c_20le

If people had been saying these things during the mid-season break you lot would've been "Give him a fecking pre-season and judge him on the actual games!!" Then when the games come people are not allowed to be critical :lol:
Where's the pre-season:confused:

Code-CX

I'm one of the harshest critics of Ole, and I don't blame the loss on him. Our board is just rotten to the core.

Either Woodward and the Glazers feck off or we'll be stuck in this perpetual state of mediocrity as long as they're here.

Oh, and just for the laughs, expect Woodward to place a bid for Sancho and Dortmund telling us to piss off. Same crap, different season.

Dr. StrangeHate

Ole wanted a RW, CB and a LB this window, so far all he's been given is VDB who is none of those. Our board invest but they do it on their terms, they might as well be picking the team as well if they carry on with this shit.
We shouldn't need a new RW, CB and a LB to beat Palace at home. Other than Zaha and whoever their right back is, none of their players would get into our team. We were playing an average team today at home and got very well beaten. Ole has to accept some responsibility now.

Idxomer

I was surprised when I saw the possession stats but it surely didn't feel like we had the ball that much, especially in the 1st half when the players kept gifting every other pass to Palace.

Anustart89

I'm one of the harshest critics of Ole, and I don't blame the loss on him. Our board is just rotten to the core.

Either Woodward and the Glazers feck off or we'll be stuck in this perpetual state of mediocrity as long as they're here.

Oh, and just for the laughs, expect Woodward to place a bid for Sancho and Dortmund telling us to piss off. Same crap, different season.
Do you not think that Ole had any combination of 11 Manchester United players that, with the right system, had any chance of beating Crystal Palace today?

I'm all for bashing the board (and rightfully so), but to suggest that there was no combination of players and/or tactics that could've beaten Palace today is a huge exaggeration.

Why can it never be both that both the board and the manager are performing below par? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Dr. StrangeHate

Put Poch in the hot seat and nothing will change.

Ed Woodward n Judge will mess it up. Glazers will take their share. We go nowhere and rinse and repeat.

Screw new manager talk. Protest the board and owners and get them to sell up.
Glazers and Woodward are a problem no doubt. That doesn't excuse the fact that Ole can't even beat a significantly lesser talented team at home.

JB7

We shouldn't need a new RW, CB and a LB to beat Palace at home. Other than Zaha and whoever their right back is, none of their players would get into our team. We were playing an average team today at home and got very well beaten. Ole has to accept some responsibility now.
The players were miles away from fitness. Any Premier League team two weeks into their pre season program would struggle to beat a fully fit Premier League team.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rather than reopening voting in this thread we should start a new thread with a poll titled as "Would you sack or keep Woodword?"

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wouldn't you say his decisions makings and abilities of his coaching affected the players performance significantly?

The system does rely on individuals so basically pouring most of the responsibilities on the players.

Ole's job are these no?
1. to help them prepare in trainings vs low blocks (doesn't look sufficient)
2. give them enough quality players most useful vs low blocks (he left out Matic totally and Greenwood for 45 mins)
3. provide them a better system so they can break it better (not a good effective system)

The intent to help the players are there clearly, which is good.

But unfortunately not the quality.
Beating smaller teams in 99% of the cases comes down to the players unless the coach is making them play some really passive kind of football (like LVG was). Eventually breaking low blocks is on the players to pass accurately and move in spaces. Unfortunately, while off the ball running needs to be training, the quality of ball comes down to the players.

And, I don't think he has an issue with breaking low blocks since Bruno has come in. People forget how we were blowing teams out of the park just a couple of months ago. This performance was more on the players being rusty and not match fit.

Dr. StrangeHate

The players were miles away from fitness. Any Premier League team two weeks into their pre season program would struggle to beat a fully fit Premier League team.
Whose fault is that, even LVG had the foresight to change our pre-season schedule to fit his needs.

Code-CX

Do you not think that Ole had any combination of 11 Manchester United players that, with the right system, had any chance of beating Crystal Palace today?

I'm all for bashing the board (and rightfully so), but to suggest that there was no combination of players and/or tactics that could've beaten Palace today is a huge exaggeration.

Why can it never be both that both the board and the manager are performing below par? Why does it have to be one or the other?
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt based on where we placed last season (honestly, I don't know why I'm doing this based on what I saw during the start and midway through last season). If it were up to me, I'd get rid of both the board and Ole and look for better alternatives.

JB7

Whose fault is that, even LVG had the foresight to change our pre-season schedule to fit his needs.
Ah right, it’s Oles fault that we finished our season 3 weeks later than the rest of the league & there was a 10 day international break when we were supposed to be starting pre season? I suppose he just shouldn’t have let the players have any time off whatsoever and then banned the players meeting up with their countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.