Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

At least he left Pogba on the bench, that's the only positive I can take from this.

C3Pique

He can't keep getting away with it!

Bits of individual brilliance have been masking his tactical naivety for weeks.

Mindhunter

I have been his biggest supporter till now and still think that he has done a credible job with the hand that was dealt to him but it is clear as day that he hasn't got a clue how to set us up in key games. He is making it up as he goes along. The players look like this is the first time they are playing this formation.

I can start to see how we are not going to press on from here. I think he has steadied a sinking ship but this is as far as we can go with him. It's time to get someone new who can help us climb to the next level. Changing my vote to Ole out.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I thought 3 at the back would work fine, but its been a utter shambles as neither Telles nor AWB has brought any width to our attck or defense. Has to be said, Leipzig lining up with not a single striker on the pitch is a bit unusual though

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I still think he’s having to compete at elite levels with a broken squad. He’s suffering for other managers and Ed/Glazers past mistakes and our horrible recruitment up until recently. Ok AWB and maguire haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory but they are far better than young and smalling. Bruno’s been awesome. He’s had to depend on martial Pogba and matic. 3 players I’d have out the door by now. If the club won’t buy him what he needs and sell the deadwood then how can we really judge his management. I think things have been improving very slowly behind the scenes. Ole is calm and most of the players like him. Tonight is awful though. Awful lineup. Awful football. Bringing VDB on at half time just proves it. Making half time substitutions repeatedly is a very bad look. He really doesn’t know his best 11 anymore

bonothom

What's he doing taking off a defender. We were doing really well, only conceded 2 with 7 at the back.

reddev3

I thought 3 at the back would work fine, but its been a utter shambles as neither Telles nor AWB has brought any width to our attck or defense. Has to be said, Leipzig lining up with not a single striker on the pitch is a bit unusual though
They did it at the weekend.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We look clueless attacking. Rashford is doing his favourite foot on the ball thing and trying to be Messi again.

I reckon we lose this 3-0.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Was this the most defensive lineup ever? If Mourinho was defensive then what is Ole?
Starting with 7 defensive players penned in your own half is just ridiculous, no matter the circumstances. SAF didn't do that vs. arguably the greatest club team of all-time in Barcelona. So why does he get a free pass?

We can't even say it's a one off. Because this is what Ole does vs. any pressure. Attacking manager my foot.

Ali Dia

It’s not on Ole that Rashford makes 20 horrible decisions a game. That’s what he is. An athletic specimen. He really looks headless when he can’t play on intuition though. Frustrating as hell. Running with the ball into an area he could have just passed to and gets closed down. Taking too many touches when going through... ole would be burying those chances. He’s just working with what he’s got

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Starting with 7 defensive players penned in your own half is just ridiculous, no matter the circumstances. Not even SAF did that vs. arguably the greatest club of all-time in Barcelona. So why does he get a free pass?

We can't even say it's a one off. Because this is what Ole does vs. any pressure. Attacking manager my foot.
Our DNA :drool:

DRM

I can't fecking believe we're in this position.

Well, I can actually. Shithouse, pussy tactics

mckenzie79

Tge formation should have changed after 10 mins, it clearly wasnt working, but in game management from Ole is non existent. AWB is not a right wing back, never has been. 3 at the back wasnt working, anyone could see it in the opening minutes.

Non existent coaching, preparation and in game decision making.

Bruno, Rashford & Cavani can only carry us for so long.

laughtersassassin

Good thing he left Fred on to get sent off and picked an absolute suicide lineup tonight.

Hard to make decisions this bad.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
It’s not on Ole that Rashford makes 20 horrible decisions a game. That’s what he is. An athletic specimen. He really looks headless when he can’t play on intuition though. Frustrating as hell. Running with the ball into an area he could have just passed to and gets closed down. Taking too many touches when going through... ole would be burying those chances. He’s just working with what he’s got
Here we go again.... But it is all Ole when Rashford bails him out..

DRM

He'll get a contract extension because he beat psg and Leipzig

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Exactly, I fecking hate this 'Top Red' attitude as if it's a badge of honour.
Sadly agree with you there. Ridiculous stance.
Said it so well
Cheers. I hate it to begin with, because we're all fans of the same club, wishing for the best, at the end of the day aren't we? It doesn't even make any sense.

It's scary the way managers are revered like a cult leader here for a section of the fanbase.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Starting with 7 defensive players penned in your own half is just ridiculous, no matter the circumstances. SAF didn't do that vs. arguably the greatest club team of all-time in Barcelona. So why does he get a free pass?

I would really love to know how that myth started anyway? Because he was striker so fans thought that he will play attacking football?

stubie

He should have been to us what Benitez was at Chelsea, just an interim manager! We should have kept him on until the end of 2018/19 instead of giving him a permanent contract after getting over excited after a few positive results.

Pochettino’s stock was high in the summer of 2019 and we should have made plans to lure him to the club then but you only have to look at the clowns running’s the club

Ali Dia

Completely changing the system that beat this team 5-0 is 100% Ole though. I mean, that was the best 45 minutes of football this season and we haven't started with the same set up player for player since.
hes tried compensating for Fred’s work rate by stacking the midfield with sitters. I can see why he thought that way as 0-0 would get us through. There was no chance of it staying 0-0 though. I totally get your point. Bringing Pogba on. Puke

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its not just the tactics, its the fact the players start each game flat footed and ponderous. There's no fecking go in these players.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
O would really love to know how that myth started anyway? Because he was striker so fans thought that he will play attacking football?
He actually said it when he took over from Mourinho, we were going to play fluid attacking football the United way or something like that :lol: Starting with 7 defensive players against a far inferior squad than ours..

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yet another awful performance. Thats almost every game this season. Still 30 mins left for us to generate some luck, a pen, a VAR decision, Bruno strengthening his back maybe.

DRM

It's over.

No shape

No cohesion

This is 100% on Ole. Enough is enough, it's not working, 2 years in and it's not working.

Ali Dia

Here we go again.... But it is all Ole when Rashford bails him out..
Rashford has been very good against PSG Leipzig and Brighton? That’s about it since last Jan.... is that really a 200k a week player? It’s the board handing out these deals and makin the likes of Pogba and martial untouchable all these years when they don’t have a clue what they are at

luke511

Subbed off Telles, then Shaw for a right back playing on the wrong side 15 minutes later. Honestly..

hobbers

He actually said it when he took over from Mourinho, we were going to play fluid attacking football the United way or something like that :lol: Starting with 7 defensive players against a far inferior squad than ours..
He also said we'd be the fittest team in the league, run the furthest every game and have the best team press. :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We'll probably win against a dire City team who, if we had our shit together, wouldn't be making top 4 this year.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He told so many lies after he took over. He is untalented manager but he would be excellent excellent politician

Status
Not open for further replies.