Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

He was poor but he's still capable of magic and his link up play with Martial adds a different dimension. You lose that when you take him off so I can see why he stayed on so long.
Every player is capable of magic and when they are playing poor they need to come off, he lost all confidence to even try. I like him but he needed to come off 60/70 minute mark for me

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ole's job is to setup the team to create chances to win the game.
Rashford Martial and Greenwood with the amount of chances they had, the lost is on them more than Ole. If there was no chances, than fine fully blame Ole, but let's actually call it as it is.
We should have scored at least three tonight but yeah it's Solskjaer's fault!

Untd55

You might as well give him next season as it doesn't seem like anyone else is available, anyway. But, I am not convinced he is the answer for us.

I think we should stick with him until the right option is available.oWhen that option comes, I think it would be a mistake not to try and take the opportunity.

I think we should seriously be keeping tabs on Nagelsmann myself. I think it would be a mistake to rule ourselves out from trying to get him.

Giggsyking

Part of me right now wouldn't be disappointed if this happened sadly.
I said it many times, and I will say every time I write here, one day everyone in this forum will come to this conclusion that he is not good enough and should leave. The sooner the better.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How the feck are people blaming Ole? The goals we conceded were individual errors - both of them. In both instances, our defenders had a brainfart moment and didnt take action soon enough.

And add to that, our forwards missed feck ton of chances. A manager's job is to make the team play such that they create chances. Once that bit is done, it's down to the players. And in this case, the players failed. It's that simple. You can't blame a manager if the team is creating 20 odd chances and finishing just 1.

Had that been a regular occurence, sure why not, as in those cases you'd have to blame the work behind the scenes to address this issue. But that hasn't been the case for us, not lately for sure.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For all of 10 minutes then. His subs weren’t great but it’s the same problem we’ve had all season. Who do you bring on to change the game besides Ighalo? Lingard? Perreira?
Mata changed the game just last week, and Ighalo should have been on far earlier.

Saying there was no options is a weak excuse. It’s not an anomaly, his in game management is terrible.

ShadyOne

Making our first sub in the 86th minute was absolutely unnaceptable. Rashford at the very least deserved to be hooked. Then brining Ighalo on in the 93rd minute? Beggars belief really.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Imo, what we really lack is a manager who can coach us to play a progressive style of football.

Bayern were shit since Pep, and this current manager has got them playing beautifully in no time. It's all about the coach; not the players.
The verdict is still out on Ole as well, but that doesn’t mean we have the right players at the moment either. Both can be simultaneously true.

Jacob

Yeah, strikers will miss chances, we gotta make peace with that, all strikers miss. But why couldn't we creat anything after that?
So you're saying we have to create more and more until we score? Instead of actually scoring the chances we create?

I think we created more than enough to win this match. We were simply too poor to capitalize on any of the big chances.

Wayne's World

If we want to be stuck at this level then yeah stick with Ole, I think with the spending we have he'll get us Champions League and that but never challenge for anything.

If you want to go the Liverpool route before Klopp and take a chance on Nagglesmann then we can become one of the best Europe again, not just England

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Still feel the team is in a good place at the moment. Compare tonight to last time we played Seville. It was such a cowardly set up and performance. As desperately disappointing this is, at least we it was like that game

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Have you seen the shit on the bench? The squad depth is fecking shocking, blame Woodward/Glazers for this.
So should we also not blame Sterling for the sitter instead of Pep? Anyone with eyes could see Rashford was done. Should have pulled him at half time, put Ighalo on, and moved Martial wide where he could get space. Half the game was either Mason or Marcus running right into him because they kept running into the same lanes. That’s not a sign of a well drilled team.

dove

Any one blaming the manager for tonight needs to give their head a wobble.

Everything was spot on, we had enough chances in the box to win 3 games, looked dangerous every time, then defenders fell asleep.

If anything it exposed to the board how bad the bench is, as literally zero options to come of it to change the game.
There was literally a player on the bench who changed the game against Copehnagen but he had to wait until 87th min to come on. I know it's popular to underrate our squad but c'mon, we had options on the bench who could have changed the game but we didn't even try.

SirScholes

6 now :lol:

And that was clearly a statement to the board, whether it was right or wrong. Our options are shocking, I'd trust the players on the pitch more than that useless loss.
Absolutely wrong, and then when it came to make a change dan James of all people?
With 4 minutes? Absolutely pointless

Nick7

For all of 10 minutes then. His subs weren’t great but it’s the same problem we’ve had all season. Who do you bring on to change the game besides Ighalo? Lingard? Perreira?
Literally anyone. Bring on some fresh legs while they’re on the ropes and go for the jugular. It’s fairly basic management. But no, we keep our tiring players on the pitch and stopped attacking.

Shark

@NotShark
You can hardly blame Ole for missing the chances. The eleven out on the pitch should have won the game without needing any subs. Three one on ones'. United had better of Seville all game. The only player he could have brought on to make a change was Ighalo. There's absolutely no quality on the subs bench who can change the game.
You can't blame him for anything it seems. There's a reason a bulk of our goals have been penalties and not come from open play for a string of games now, we've not been good enough in front of goal. The ''another keeper having a worldie against us'' excuse can't be used every bloody game. Rashford has been gash since the restart and Greenwood is 18. I don't care who Ole has on the bench, they're part of our squad and he can't be making subs this late. Especially when our starting attackers weren't even looking like scoring in the final 20 minutes.

SAFMUTD

Achieving top 4 was a curse in disguise, he wont be fired right now only to be fired next summer when the board realize, what anyone who's not biased can see, he's bang average.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He needs another 3-4 players minimum.

He wont get it.

He will be gone by the end of next season I fear.

Amarsdd

When you have nothing useful to contribute, it's well advised to keep quit, so you don't embarrass yourself further.

There's genuine criticism to be had and unless you want us to become Arsenal, we need to expect better.
Yep "sack him now" is genuine criticism after a game we should have won 9/10 times against a team everyone was raving about

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ludicrous for this thread to be bumped.
It seems to be every game. No matter what you think they are wasting their time. Ole will be manger next season, I believe he deserves it. But either way he isn’t going anywhere at this moment

Fracture90

So you're saying we have to create more and more until we score? Instead of actually scoring the chances we create?

I think we created more than enough to win this match. We were simply too poor to capitalize on any of the big chances.
We should be creating non stop, irrelevant of the result because strikers will be missing chances, it always happens. But that doesn't mean that we should automatically forfeit the game if our strikers don't go and convert every single chance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You can hardly blame Ole for missing the chances. The eleven out on the pitch should have won the game without needing any subs. Three one on ones'. United had better of Seville all game. The only player he could have brought on to make a change was Ighalo. There's absolutely no quality on the subs bench who can change the game.
I agree that we missed a lot of chances. We had 20 minutes of great football. But..
A) Between 60-80 min we were off. There coach must change something. One player is enough to change run of play. Yes, our bench is not that good but still, there are some decent players who can do basic job.
B) Coach can change formation. Not all subs must be player for player on same position
C) We lost 3 semis this year. For one you can say it happens, for two you can say bad luck but 3 in a row is not coincidence.

In league you can demand from coach nice football, playing youth and things like that but in knockout phases you play for the win. Ugly win. Any win.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The verdict is still out on Ole as well, but that doesn’t mean we have the right players at the moment either. Both can be simultaneously true.
I agree but the players are only a short term fix to mask the managers deficiencies.

A proper, progressive manager would provide some stability and success long term.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So you want to replace our manager who hasn't won anything (with United) with another manager.....who hasn't won anything?
I'm not pro nor negative Poch with this post, but

I really don't get posts like this.
Sure he could have pushed for a league cup or FA cup, but at the end of the day, they don't mean a great deal. Top 4 is way more important, and what he did with the Tottenham side, and the spending budget he had, was nothing short of very good.

He was never expected to win a league title, he was never expected to win a champions league, let alone get to the final of one.
He's achieved more and gained a far bigger reputation in his managerial career than what Ole has done.

Whether it's Poch or anybody else, our team can be improved, and so can our manager

Mainoldo

Doesn't matter how good you are if you miss sitters though? He should've scored two. You cannot afford to miss those chances in a semi.
That’s fine. But you know what I hate. It fans talking all these ruthless crap. But when it matter for the people at the club that matters. We are soft. So I don’t buy it.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
That’s not why we lost though is it. We lost because we were wasteful up front and.. whatever you call that at the back.
So you wouldn’t have subbed rashford off as early as half time? Besides, how many times did the front 3 bump into each other.

Zen86

Mata changed the game just last week, and Ighalo should have been on far earlier.

Saying there was no options is a weak excuse. It’s not an anomaly, his in game management is terrible.
I won’t argue that Ighalo should have been on straight away, but we have nothing beyond that. If Mata is the sole hope for salvaging the tie then we obviously have a problem.

Irrational.

Here are the salient facts for me - I'm sure a lot of people will disagree:

- We limped over the line in the chase for the top four.
- Our 'unbeaten run' papered over a lot of cracks towards the end after an absolutely horrific first half of the season.
- We've been well beaten tonight. Question marks over not starting Matic and possibly Romero.
- Going into a defensive shell once we scored the penalty. Allowing Sevilla to come onto us and needlessly put pressure on our defence and back line.
- Ole not making changes until it's far too late, and lacks proactivity in games. He fails to recognise when the game is getting away from us and making the relevant changes.

I love Ole and he will forever be a legend, but I am not going to let that get in the way of me judging him as a manager. He's a nice guy who doesn't like to upset his key players - and you can tell as he started DDG and dawdled over bringing Rashford off when it was clear to everyone that he should've been hauled off at HT or around the 60 minute mark at the latest. He isn't ruthless enough and lacks key tactical nous and knowhow that the top, top managers have. And that isn't good enough for Manchester United. If you want to see the effect a top manager makes to a club just look at Liverpool.

He's a nice guy, and is as vanilla as it gets when it comes to managers. There's no real identity. If we are going to be a footballing force again then he can't be at the helm.

TrustInOle

Absolutely wrong, and then when it came to make a change dan James of all people?
With 4 minutes? Absolutely pointless
Shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway! Played them off the park in a game most for we'd get dominated. There only chances were goals we basically have them with bad individual positioning.

Blame Ole for the subs, but give him his props where it's due!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So you want to replace our manager who hasn't won anything (with United) with another manager.....who hasn't won anything?
No. I want to replace clearly (for me at least) average manager with whom we will not win anything with very good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.