Would you swap Martial for Messi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

This is one of the most hilarious bumps I've seen :lol::lol::lol:

Just shows how ridiculous fans can be in overrating their own. The Lukaku/Rashford vs Kane/Mbappe will look even more stupid in a couple of years down the line.

Raw

Just shows how ridiculous fans can be in overrating their own. The Lukaku/Rashford vs Kane/Mbappe will look even more stupid in a couple of years down the line.
Not to mention Firmino vs Depay and Sterling v Welbeck (or was it Rashford, I can't remember). Only one that worked out well from my memory was Rashford v Iheanacho. There was also Herrera v Kante but I don't think it was a huge disparity like the others.

youmeletsfly

I'd swap Martial for a bag of peanuts these days. At least we'll get rid of a lazy ass player.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just goes to show how highly he was rated and the hope we had for him, also shows how much he's stagnated.

el3mel

No I wouldn't personally. Martial will never be as good as Messi but Messi is starting to tail off. You might get 2-3 more years out of him at the top level but Martial has10-15 more good years ahead.
"Messi is starting to tail off". :lol:

This thread is full of gold.

JohnnyKills

"Messi is starting to tail off". :lol:

This thread is full of gold.
Was new to the forum then. Guess I was young and foolish.

Will be sure to remind you next time you post something stup... actually, nah, your posts aren't worth repeating.

el3mel

Was new to the forum then. Guess I was young and foolish.

Will be sure to remind you next time you post something stup... actually, nah, your posts aren't worth repeating.
Yours are still not even worth reading. Yes I can go the same route if you want.

Njord

With our luck, if we swapped Messi for Martial, Messi would turn into the next Sanchez and Martial would suddenly be world class at Barcelona.

JohnnyKills

With our luck, if we swapped Messi for Martial, Messi would turn into the next Sanchez and Martial would suddenly be world class at Barcelona.
Imagine that video of Messi just walking through the training session...

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I don't remember this thread, but knew it was a bump from 2016 as soon as I saw it on the front page.

Sadly, Martial's first season was his best here and he may have well peaked at 19.

evil_geko

Another one. :lol:
What is the point of 3 year zombie post digging? I still don't like Messi and never liked him, find him boring as feck, haven't watched Barcelona in years because of it, while I watched literally every game in prime Ronaldinho time.
That post said about Martial style of play, not anyting about him being better than Messi, so your quote is literally pointless, good job! Get a fecking grip.

Oh yeah, forgot the popular :lol: .

el3mel

What is the point of 3 year zombie post digging? I still don't like Messi and never liked him, find him boring as feck, haven't watched Barcelona in years because of it, while I watched literally every game in prime Ronaldinho time.
That post said about Martial style of play, not anyting about him being better than Messi, so your quote is literally pointless, good job! Get a fecking grip.

Oh yeah, forgot the popular :lol: .
I bet you're the only one who finds Messi a boring player to watch.

haram

At least Lukaku was neck and neck with Kane for a golden boot. The hell had Martial even done to be compared with Messi?

Milo2035

To be serious here, If Messi played for us he would turn shit as well. So I'd keep Martial since his wage is lower.

crossy1686

career ending
I think @Pexbo should come in here and be asked if his opinion still holds true:

Would you swap Martial for Messi and would you rather have 5 years of Messi or 15 of Martial?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You could pull out about million of old threads that look fairly stupid, especially at this point. That's why you don't bring them out.
This. Quit bumping old threads. If you want to discuss threads in hindsight 3-4 years on, then feel free to do so in a dedicated one for all. Just don't bump the old ones up as they just detract from current discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.