Would you take Zlatan for a year?

Would you take Zlatan back on a short-term deal?

• Total voters

fergiesarmy1

How about Wayne Rooney?
While your being sarcastic it’s not as daft as it sounds, your talking about someone who bagged 53 in 58 mls games v 23 in 50.

You’ll be the next one moaning on here when he have only scored once in a game I’ll bet.

fergiesarmy1

I'll take that bet
Well, it’s not likely to happen considering what he’s just said so will be a void bet but I’ll watch out for you complaining during our next 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 or 0-1 game ;)

I’d take him over the serious mooted suggestions of mandzukic, muller and Llorente who know where the back of the net these days as much as our “attacking midfielders” do.

fergiesarmy1

He couldn't run 2 years ago.

A complete feckwit of an idea now.
Did you say that in his first year or just the second when he was coming back from knee ligament damage which he seems free of now and is in better shape than our main striker was last year at 25 years old?

montpelier

Did you say that in his first year or just the second when he was coming back from knee ligament damage which he seems free of now and is in better shape than our main striker was last year at 25 years old?
OK, if we're setting the bar at Lukaku last year level, I take back my previous comment and the big Z is very welcome here.

Irrational.

He was completely shot towards the end of his time here. MLS is the right level for him, and he will struggle once again in La Liga IMO.

fergiesarmy1

This is what worries me about RedCafe.
Lukaku is ten times the player current Zlatan is. And he wasn’t good enough for us.
Wow ten times? Lukaku is good against mediocre defences and is not what I call a “footballer” more a flat track bully. I’d take now Zlatan over today lukaku for the rest of the season thanks.

He would also lift the team, the fans, the club much like he did in 2017.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Wow ten times? Lukaku is good against mediocre defences and is not what I call a “footballer” more a flat track bully. I’d take now Zlatan over today lukaku for the rest of the season thanks.

He would also lift the team, the fans, the club much like he did in 2017.
I mean... that season was painfully average. We broke the world record for a transfer, spent about another 150 million, had the player on the highest wage in the prem and... finished sixth.

fergiesarmy1

I mean... that season was painfully average. We broke the world record for a transfer, spent about another 150 million, had the player on the highest wage in the prem and... finished sixth.
Zlatans first year where he scored the winner late to win the Micky mouse cup and we finished second? (Not that I was impressed with that second)

Ixion

...And won the Europa League and League Cup.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not for me. He did pretty well for us but could also be very frustrating. Certainly not as good as he's allowed to be in the US.
We need to actually build a team now.

montpelier

Not for me. He did pretty well for us but could also be very frustrating. Certainly not as good as he's allowed to be in the US.
We need to actually build a team now.
Is probably the correct and balanced view.

Withnail

I don't understand how this is even being considered. He's been in the old folks home for the past couple of seasons and people think he'll still be able to cut in the PL.

While he was at United, he scored goals but he often slowed down the play and it was at the detriment of the team's fluency in attack.

It was a phenomenal achievement for him to get 17 Leagues goals at 35 but he's 38 now and is surely even slower. There's no way he's good enough.

fergiesarmy1

I don't understand how this is even being considered. He's been in the old folks home for the past couple of seasons and people think he'll still be able to cut in the PL.

While he was at United, he scored goals but he often slowed down the play and it was at the detriment of the team's fluency in attack.

It was a phenomenal achievement for him to get 17 Leagues goals at 35 but he's 38 now and is surely even slower. There's no way he's good enough.
I’d take 10 goals from a united striker this season :lol:

What did our boys get last year?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I think Rashford, Martial, Pogba and Lukaku all got 10+ premier league goals last season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Marcus Rashford has scored five already! If you exclude penalties from Ibrahimovic’s count then the year he was here he contributed eighteen goals when you take into account goals and assists. Marcus has been involved in eight this season and contributes ten times more to the play.

fergiesarmy1

I know, I know but Rashford's half-way there and Martial's not far behind him.

I'm confident they'll both easily be in double figures this season!
Me too - don’t think having a beast on the bench would be the worst idea in the world though but it’s not happening regardless :lol:

fergiesarmy1

Marcus Rashford has scored five already! If you exclude penalties from Ibrahimovic’s count then the year he was here he contributed eighteen goals when you take into account goals and assists. Marcus has been involved in eight this season and contributes ten times more to the play.
Good, all for improvement!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
10ish - not much to brag about is my point.

Ps Pogba got 4 and a half.
Pogba: 13 goals, 9 assists (seven penalties)
Lukaku: 12 goals, 0 assists:lol: (0 penalties)
Rashford: 10 goals, 6 assists (0 penalties)
Martial: 10 goals, 2 assists (1 penalty)
Not much to brag about, but considering the first part of last season was effectively thrown away by Jose, and the second part was a bit of a disaster under Ole, its not too bad really.
As others have pointed out, Martial and Rashford should easily get more than 10 goals in the premier league, provided they both stay fit.
I'd definitely be disappointed if Martial and Rashford only get 10 each in the league this season.

fergiesarmy1

Pogba: 13 goals, 9 assists (seven penalties)
Lukaku: 12 goals, 0 assists:lol: (0 penalties)
Rashford: 10 goals, 6 assists (0 penalties)
Martial: 10 goals, 2 assists (1 penalty)
Not much to brag about, but considering the first part of last season was effectively thrown away by Jose, and the second part was a bit of a disaster under Ole, its not too bad really.
As others have pointed out, Martial and Rashford should easily get more than 10 goals in the premier league, provided they both stay fit.
I'd definitely be disappointed if Martial and Rashford only get 10 each in the league this season.
It don’t look impressive but onwards and upwards. Doesn’t help that Penalty is failing us so regularly :lol:

Cantonagotmehere

If he'd call out players for being spineless when they play that way, bring him in, just to be in the locker room.

Seriously, we need leaders and attitude, I'd love him for the rest of the year instead of Mansukic (sp?).

Vernon Philander

Contributes 10x more to the play? What a silly comment. Zlatan contributed plenty in build ups and was generally seen is very creative for a striker. It was his pace that people had an issue with.

CM

Leave the past in the past. The man is 38 years old.

Sterling Archer

We need to put midtable and bottom half sides away. Ibra, looking like he's recovered from the injury, can help with that.

I'd be more concerned with what number he takes

stepic

Changed my vote. Would prefer us try and sign someone who can help in January if given the choice. Zlatan would just be a stop gap. We’re meant to be building a team for the long haul.

Champagne Football

As daft an idea as bringing Wazza back to play him in midfield next to McTominay. Zlatan was World class maybe 6 years ago. Not anymore.
His impact here was greatly overstated. A decent goalscorer who slowed everything down and was never a perfect fit . Exactly like Berbatov.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
The issue is, Mourinho and Zlatan operated on mutual respect and understanding. What happens if Zlatan doesn't like Ole's methods? Or when Ole doesn't start him in big games? Or subs him off early?

That will get ugly very soon.