Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I don't think his pressing is even that effective because he's really slow at closing down but he's relentless and often players just underestimate him in the later stages of the game. I don't care that he can't score as long as he's making the team play better and score enough goals. His passing seems to be pretty decent as of late as well.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Or, hear me out, we can sign a better striker that presses with the same effort as Weghorst but actually is dangerous going forward.
Wout is a backup. Unless we can afford to spend 100m on backup striker (a striker that you said "that presses with the same effort as Weghorst but actually is dangerous going forward").

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It was 'tongue in cheek', the scousers coined the term for Dirk Kuyt.
I also heard it used for another striker I can't quite remember and this place use to make fun of that. Your post brought back memories of that. :lol:

LordSpud

His work off the ball is so good. And he bloody loves being here too. I love him.

Milo2035

Or, hear me out, we can sign a better striker that presses with the same effort as Weghorst but actually is dangerous going forward.
A certain Argentine who we refused to sign for Ralf last year comes to mind. It's convenient that he's living in Manchester.

Superunknown

I don't know what he is exactly, but we seem to be winning games with him there. He's an anti-striker. He doesn't score but he's doing the work, making the space, laying the ball off for others to do it. He's not my ideal type of striker, but I can't fault his work ethic and...it seems to be working.

Sid234

Another good performance from Wout.

Love coming here after each game and seeing the "He's not good enough for United" crowd get quieter and dig even deeper to find new ways to explain why his latest performance was a clear sign that he is a shit player and shouldn't be wearing a United jersey.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I wouldn't say he's a crap footballer. Crap goalscorer yes, but he's actually surprisingly good when he's played a bit deeper and playing more in the build-up rather than being on the end of it.
Yeah, he plays so differently to how you expect him to play it takes a while to realise that he’s actually playing very well.

Could really do with scoring a few goals. His record in Germany gives me faith that he might start hitting the net at some point. He’s doing all the other stuff better than expected.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I really like him I've said it before.

You look at him and think he should never be in a united shirt but for one reason or another it just works.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Steady now...we'd be more lethal with him on the pitch.
Maybe, but we are wining with Wout in the team and with him contributing in another way. Also, the team is scoring at the good rate as well as we are averaging 2,23 goals per game (13 games) since Wout came in.

Not sure what more can we ask from a last minute stopgap signing.

Can't seem to buy a goal but I love his workrate and passion. His celebration when Garnacho scored was great. Think his lack of goals is leading to unfair criticism in terms of his all round play and contribution

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
All players like Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Sancho, Bruno et al want is a little bit of space and a few opportunities.

That’s what Weghorst gives them. It’s different to what we’ve had from the likes of Martial and certainly Ronaldo who try to exploit opportunities for themselves.

Weghorst is a disrupter, he chases, hustles, tackles, heads, lays off, makes runs and just keeps working. It’s not always or even rarely pretty but his actions often result in the right players getting the ball in the right positions and that’s invaluable.

SAFMUTD

He was in the middle of the group competing for the header that forced the pressure for the OG.

His shot was blocked and landed to Garnacho for his goal.

And he pressed and won the ball for Fred's 3rd.

He may not have great quality and he may not be getting the conventional goals and assits, but he is having an impact as well.

I'm not saying he is good enough or anything like that, but I like him and wouldn't mind him as a squad option next season. That kind of workrate has value.
An striker who doesnt score, like I said all attitude no quality. We need goals, besides Rashford no one scores enough, as likeable as Weghorst determination and attitude is ultimately we need more quality.

Gazautd18

Love him.
Is like he's just happy to be here and is putting in the hard work for the others to shine.
Man's Wout Workhorse.
Hope he stays as an option of the bench.

MyBloodIsRed

I’d sign him just because he works his arse off… he does create for others and the pressing to get Fred a goal at the end is why I’d sign him up!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Maybe, but we are wining with Wout in the team and with him contributing in another way. Also, the team is scoring at the good rate as well as we are averaging 2,23 goals per game (13 games) since Wout came in.

Not sure what more can we ask from a last minute stopgap signing.
Completely agree. Not knocking Weggers, he's doing his thing really well. But just keeping things in perspective. Martial is levels.....when fit!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His best game so far. Held up the ball brilliantly and worked his socks off.

MoskvaRed

Great attitude but a lack of quality. I’m happy for him and as a stopgap for this season he’s ok but remember that Real Madrid had Benzema as their workhorse.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah I'd be totally against making his deal here permanent but as a stop gap to the end of the season he's doing ok.

Can't fault him for effort.

Grunnn123

An striker who doesnt score, like I said all attitude no quality. We need goals, besides Rashford no one scores enough, as likeable as Weghorst determination and attitude is ultimately we need more quality.
We won 3-1 and in al 3 goals Workhorse was involved. What more do you want?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Easily the most endearing terrible striker in world football.

He is pretty good in the build up play, even discounting his work rate, some of his passing to start off attacks or set players on their way is really good.

SAFMUTD

We won 3-1 and in al 3 goals Workhorse was involved. What more do you want?
Actual goals or assists. By involved you mean being around or something? Maguire was as involved as Weghorst in the first goal. The only one I'd say it's to Weghorst is Fred's goal, he fights really well for that goal and actually deserves praise for it.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Wout is a backup. Unless we can afford to spend 100m on backup striker (a striker that you said "that presses with the same effort as Weghorst but actually is dangerous going forward").
Is your assumption that every non-first choice striker that offers something of a threat costs 100m? Because that's hilarious if so.

I appreciate how much he presses and runs as much as anyone, but we are acting like it's impossible to find another striker that can do similar levels of running but actually gives some quality in the final third unless you break the bank for one. The striker market is a bit thin but it's not that thin.

criticalanalysis

I really want to see him head a monster feck of a goal in. Like proper running jump, 100mph bullet header pin point into the corner past a keeper clasping at thin air.

Shame our crossing is horrendous and his heading is poor but it would be glorious to see because it would give us another weapon on the pitch and maybe defences would respect the space he makes more.

The United

He definitely grew on me because of his attitude. There is not much chance that we would get two strikers in the summer. I am ok with keeping him on the bench for a couple of years.

Chinchy98

A truly remarkable player.

Doesn’t look like scoring at all. Like, literally I would not be surprised if he blanks until the end of the season.

Outside of that I thought he was fantastic today. I think he’s going to leave as a cult hero. We know he’s not the level required, if not many rungs below it, but you can tell he absolutely fights for the shirt.

The scene where he was taking in Wembley after the win was really special & embodied the connection between the fans & the team at the moment

Levi1

Wout is the man. Look at how in Fred's goal, not only did he win the ball and give it to Fred, but he kept moving to give Fred an option and give the defender a question. After 90 minutes!

We've had enough preening, selfish "give me the ball" type of strikers with great skill but who couldn't be bothered to work for others. You know this is the type of player that Sir Alex would love - reminds me of Park and Chicharito

stevoc

Another good performance from Wout.

Love coming here after each game and seeing the "He's not good enough for United" crowd get quieter and dig even deeper to find new ways to explain why his latest performance was a clear sign that he is a shit player and shouldn't be wearing a United jersey.
I mean he isn't good enough for United though is he?

Let's be honest here, he's not a player we would have signed last summer (probably not this summer either) and we only loaned him as we're skint and have no striker with Ronaldo leaving and Martial being perma crocked.

He's working hard for the team and playing well enough though.

AndyMUFC

He was involved in all 3 goals to be fair to him. Is definitely effective and let's be honest, Ten Hag isn't picking him every game for no reason.

edcunited1878

He does a selfless job for the team and he's happy to lead the line with the dirty work. Nothing to complain about. He's been involved in the goals and the fact we're scoring goals is great to see. Really want him to score a few because he deserves it and has earned it. But he's a smart man, saving the goals for Sunday.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
His poor finishing could be the difference in super tight games against top teams, but he also opens up space for better attackers. And he just never stops pressing. Must be an absolute nightmare playing against him and Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.