5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NLunited

Relax he is only a stop gap. Helped us out when Martial was injured pretty well, except for bad scoring form. In the last few weeks he is brought on for fresh legs to help defend.

I‘m thankful he came and hope he finds a decent team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't see him as a striker at all. He's more of a high energy, late match DM who can come in to harry defenders and keepers in the oppo half.

Devil81

I'd love to know his shots per game stats, can't think of many strikers who has so little threat.

Cloud7

Nope, no viable youth CF that isn't suspended by the club until further notice. United have produced 2 forward line players in the past 8 years. One is the current 10 and the other was 11, but not really anymore.
This is actually crazy that we don't have anyone in such an important position in the youth teams. Who plays that position for them then? Is it just empty?

edcunited1878

This is actually crazy that we don't have anyone in such an important position in the youth teams. Who plays that position for them then? Is it just empty?
McNeill, Hugill...both 20. Emeran is 21.

At least 2 of 3 train w the first team, but that's it. The way EtH has handled this from when Ronaldo was binned off to about March when Martial has come back is quite an achievement.

United didn't have enough cash reserves during the January window to purchase an overpriced quality CF.

edcunited1878

When we signed him, i said that all he needed to do to better Ronaldo was to score 4 goals in all comps. I was sure he would beat that. Yet, he looks unlikely to beat that.
Depending on how you look at it he's scored 2 or 3 goals, but zero in the league. He still has time to score a goal or two, but wouldn't hold your breath.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tragic player. Any criticism of him should be directed towards Ten Hag.

TempusFugit

Utterly useless to us as a team. No standout qualities, just slows the entire team down

Tiber

Will clearly never score for United again but I reckon if he really sticks with it he might manage one before he retires

NK86

Stop playing this absolute fecking donkey.
Expect him to still play some part in the remaining fixtures. I hate managers who are so stubborn that they cannot see their elbow from their arsehole. That only works when they have proven to be successful at the club. Eth is turning out to be one of them who will stick with his players even if everyone can see they are not working out. A fully firing Liverpool are just showing how far behind we are. I don't see us being title competing material for the foreseeable future unless new owners come in and completely revamp the whole hierarchy.

InfiniteBoredom

It feels like he has EtH’s nudes at this point, what can possibly justify him starting, and at no.10 while putting Bruno wide?

Even if he thinks Martial is not up to snuff, why not Sancho or Pellistri? What good can possible come from playing someone who does nothing besides running around like a headless chicken?

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s at a point where I don’t blame the player but the manager. He failed as a no.9, thus was removed from the position but was then thrust into no.10 in an emergency situation. Fine. Now though there is absolutely no excuse for his presence.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There was a brief period where parts of what he was doing was useful but even that has gone now. Never seen someone so tall be so bad in the air. He almost crouches when he jumps, if that makes sense.

The United

You really can't blame him, though. It is strange and not his fault that he was being played in one of the best no. 10s in the league while said player was shifted somewhere else.

ti vu

Bizarre that he was again in no 10 position, starting and staying on until 60th minute or so, to boost. It's like ETh waited until WW did a single positive thing (that shot on target) before hooking him off to make some kind of point(!?)

Before his experiment here, WW didn't have any reputation as no 10. Why suddenly now he's in the team shoehorning Bruno out of his natural position? Working hard is not even good enough when being compared to Moyes' hard working players.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I found humour in Fellaini being a starter for us and now I'm doing for same for Weghorst, a far poorer player.

Sylar

This is on eth. If I was in his position I'd want to also play every game and try even if I'm not good enough.

He could have started any of our bench players instead, but went with wout and put Bruno out wide. Madness

Superunknown

He's an awful player and we're fecking morons for continuing to play him instead of promoting youth from within.

United Hobbit

ETH continuing to ensure he gets minutes is leading me to ask serious questions of him

A Burnley reject loanee is a very very strange hill to die on, and if this persists, he could well be dying on it

Zoo

Yeah big mistake to start him. Can only think it’s because Ten Hag wanted his height for set pieces against a big West Ham team.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s at a point where I don’t blame the player but the manager. He failed as a no.9, thus was removed from the position but was then thrust into no.10 in an emergency situation. Fine. Now though there is absolutely no excuse for his presence.
Not to mention the complete imbalance to the team to even force him into that role, and for what gain?

dove

Just end a loan early, what is really the point in having him here?

Status
Not open for further replies.