5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgreddevil

I found humour in Fellaini being a starter for us and now I'm doing for same for Weghorst, a far poorer player.
Comparing him to Fellaini is kinda disrespectful. Fellaini may not be of United quality but he did scored some important goals for us and his chest control is unparallel

Hulme91

He genuinely wouldn't start for any other Premier League club and he's our primary striker, if you don't laugh you'd cry. :lol:

Castia

He’s just not good enough everyone including himself probably knows that. The question is why does he keep getting picked? And to further that why does he get picked and other well established players get shoehorned into other positions to accommodate him?

Very bizarre. Being a squad player as backup is one thing but feck me playing as a #10? Shambolic

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Comparing him to Fellaini is kinda disrespectful. Fellaini may not be of United quality but he did scored some important goals for us and his chest control is unparallel
Oh without doubt. I liked the big afro guy.

flappyjay

Brilliant in the air and best chest control in football. We would go long and beat the press all day long with him at the very least.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Disrespect towards Fellaini always annoys me. A limited player, yes, but as you said he scored some important goals and he always gave it everything. He never strolled around lazily.

Siorac

It would have been pointless to start him as a number 9 because he offers almost nothing there.

But we started him as a number 10 and shunted Bruno to the left for him, again - after all, it worked brilliantly the last time: we only conceded seven.

And then after 45 minutes of nothingness, he still got to come out for the second half. Absolutely baffling. Feels like deliberate sabotage.

dove

An absolute waste of a shirt. Offers nothing. I’ve said it before, has he EVER won a header from a corner?
Better question would be, has he ever won any header? Considering his height he must be the worst player in history in aerial duels.

Heinzesight

Better question would be, has he ever won any header? Considering his height he must be the worst player in history in aerial duels.
:lol: He’s the only 6’6” forward in history who actually gets smaller as he jumps for a header.

Ash_G

It would have been pointless to start him as a number 9 because he offers almost nothing there.

But we started him as a number 10 and shunted Bruno to the left for him, again - after all, it worked brilliantly the last time: we only conceded seven.

And then after 45 minutes of nothingness, he still got to come out for the second half. Absolutely baffling. Feels like deliberate sabotage.
Agree, just don't get it. Can't understand if ETH is just blinded by some attribute he feels he's bringing but I really can't believe that using him there vs Bruno and a winger or putting Sabitzer in the middle is getting us a better outcome. If we wanted to hold on to a lead I could understand if, but as a tactic to start a game just seems odd.

AndySmith1990

We've had some bad players over the years but this bloke stands on his own as the absolute worst. Why in the holy feck is this championship player starting for Manchester United? What the feck is wrong with us?

Realist08

The Anti-Striker.

Can’t blame him though, he’s shite and keeps getting picked. The moment he starts you know you’re in for a long night.

kundalini

Had a fairly tame shot that was saved and contributed a key pass for Antony's shot that went wide. There was a decent tackle inside our area.

At this stage, I suspect only Ten Hag understands why Weghorst starts matches.

Red Star One

I’m not sure he’s the worst player to ever play for us but surely the least talented one. I don’t blame or hate him, but should never really be any close to playing for United.

dove

Had a fairly tame shot that was saved and contributed a key pass for Antony's shot that went wide. There was a decent tackle inside our area.

At this stage, I suspect only Ten Hag understands why Weghorst starts matches.
It was a mediocre shot but ironically I think it was one of his best ones in a United shirt. What a moment.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'm not gonna criticise him. He gives his all and he's clearly not good enough. It's all on Ten Hag this. Play Rashford up front and start anyone on the wing.

Seij

Just end a loan early, what is really the point in having him here?
Literally just vibes.

He smiles at the crowd or cries and the fans just eat it up and praises him for his "love for the club". If I was signed for United to get paid 40k/w I would also be very passionate and try my best to look endearing to the fans, because that's literally all I can do. There are more highlights of "Wout being passionate" than highlights of him actually doing anything of substance during games. I've never seen someone who has this zealous of a fan group while having contributed so little to the club.

mu4c_20le

I refuse to believe Depay could've been any worse, and he was also desperate to come back.

Malone_Post

Imagine moving Bruno out of position in order to accommodate Wout Weghorst as a #10. All while Sancho, Sabitzer, Martial & Garnacho sit on the bench. Just let that sink in for a while. Then remember it’s not the first time it’s happened this season. We’re in the twilight zone people.

I can’t even be angry at him anymore. It’s beyond him. It’s like putting a puppy behind the wheel of a car then blaming him when he crashes it rather then blaming the person who thought it was a good idea to put him in that position in the first place.

It does, however, give me some hope that at 30, I might still have a chance of becoming a professional footballer and playing for Manchester United. Because if Wout can, we all can.

Strats

Was okay the first 10-15 mins.

Than turned to absolute shite as per usual and made me regret watching the game in the first place.

Don’t think ETH can say anything to justify starting him.

Ludens the Red

Imagine moving Bruno out of position in order to accommodate Wout Weghorst as a #10. All while Sancho, Sabitzer, Martial & Garnacho sit on the bench. Just let that sink in for a while. Then remember it’s not the first time it’s happened this season. We’re in the twilight zone people.

I can’t even be angry at him anymore. It’s beyond him. It’s like putting a puppy behind the wheel of a car then blaming him when he crashes it rather then blaming the person who thought it was a good idea to put him in that position in the first place.

It does, however, give me some hope that at 30, I might still have a chance of becoming a professional footballer and playing for Manchester United. Because if Wout can, we all can.
exactly. It isn’t his fault. He’s not going onto the pitch half arsing or anything. He’s just really rubbish. And a man being paid a three figure a week salary to manage Manchester United football club seemingly can’t figure this out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seeing him try to play a through ball made me laugh at least

el3mel

Thinking about, that shit loan deal ruined our entire season. Ten Hag clearly has an issue of huge favoritism towards his countrymen and he has since ruined the team dynamics just to shoehorn Weghorst into the team, to the point of playing better players out of positition just to accommodate him on the pitch no matter how shit he's.

Reminds me of Mourinho and Sanchez deal.

Though Sanchez was actually more useful, as hilarious as it sounds.

RopersReturn

It was an experiment that’s failed miserably. Bet he can’t wait for the season to end now, so he can get back to Besiktas and hook up with his other team mates again.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It was an experiment that’s failed miserably. Bet he can’t wait for the season to end now, so he can get back to Besiktas and hook up with his other team mates again.
He’ll be going back to Burnley, although almost certain Kompany won’t want anything to do with him.

PoTMS

I don't understand why Sabitzer doesn't play instead of him. He does everything Weghorst does but better.

lsd

The Oracle
I am not going to criticise Weighorst as the only reason we have him is because we spent all our money on Antony

SAFMUTD

It's ten Hag's fault to keep playing him. He offers nothing, it's even more criminal to play him at 10 which means moving Bruno and Rashford out of position.

He offers effort and that's about it, he's incredibly weak and surprisingly awful in air for such a tall strong player. He never seems to win any battles and is so slow it hurts transition.

I know we are really short of options specially in the striker position. But Weghorst can't play again he's by far the weakest link in the chain.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's ten Hag's fault to keep playing him. He offers nothing, it's even more criminal to play him at 10 which means moving Bruno and Rashford out of position.

He offers effort and that's about it, he's incredibly weak and surprisingly awful in air for such a tall strong player. He never seems to win any battles and is so slow it hurts transition.

I know we are really short of options specially in the striker position. But Weghorst can't play again he's by far the weakest link in the chain.
It's fecking on ETH all the way at this point. There's enough evidence of how terrible Weghorst is in this team, and we basically have every attacker fit currently. But we go for this idiot playing some weird hybrid 10 role because he runs around a bunch. It's a joke and sad that Ten Hag is letting his loyalty to 2 players potentially cost him what was a great season up until this past month

Status
Not open for further replies.