Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I have had private discussions with Scarlett Johansson and Wonder Woman regarding a threesome. They have told me in confidence that they value my stamina and ability to provide last minute results.

The people in the media saying that there is no chance of this happening are wrong. I have held positive talks with ScarJo and WooWoo but I won't make a decision until they tell me what position they see me in.

Of course, if I don't get a threesome with them then you'll all know that it was MY decision not to do it.

luke511

Is this CLOWN serious? If we offered him a deal to be our ballboy, he should be thrilled because he doesn't even deserve that.
He can be next season’s cheerleader, it has quite literally been his best asset this season.

SAFMUTD

Even if we don't have budget to get a striker in the summer we wont be signing him. He's been a huge failure there's no way to sugarcoat it a striker that cant score and not only that but offers next to nothing in attack. No matter how hard you run and how great is your attitude if you cant even provide the basics.

Gandalf

What do we reckon he’s going to cost when we make his move permanent in the Summer?

Burnley won’t want him back as they are implementing a more adventurous, possession style football under Kompany so I can’t see them driving the price up too much. Probably £8m or so.
They would have to give us a lot more than 8M for us to take him.

Realistically I think he will end up back in the BL next season. Erik is being a diplomat and so he should, we all saw how fast the players downed tools once Ralf started calling them out but I imagine once the season ends we will see what Erik really thinks of some of these players.

FerociousCorgis

Realistically I think he will end up back in the BL next season. Erik is being a diplomat and so he should, we all saw how fast the players downed tools once Ralf started calling them out but I imagine once the season ends we will see what Erik really thinks of some of these players.
thats what i think as well. Betting is the case with DDG also. Makes no sense to trash the players now, keep the focus on finishing strong and then after season move them out.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

I hope you're right, but based on what we've seen and heard so far, the simplest explanation is that ETH genuinely rates Wout and DDG.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I’m quite convinced that we are going to keep him. He’s played a lot and will be useful to ETH as a backup at very least.

AndySmith1990

I’m quite convinced that we are going to keep him. He’s played a lot and will be useful to ETH as a backup at very least.
I'm trying to figure out in what way he'll be useful, other than simply making up the numbers

FerociousCorgis

I'm trying to figure out in what way he'll be useful, other than simply making up the numbers
yeah same. The same people who will talk up wout for doing pretty much nothing will be the first to slate Martial when he slips up or something after doing 10x more positive things than Wout. A decent game for wout is literally a shit game for martial.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't blame Wout. Any player who gets a United shirt dangled in front of them is likely to bite your hand off. A decent loan given the then available options, but time to move on.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have had private discussions with Scarlett Johansson and Wonder Woman regarding a threesome. They have told me in confidence that they value my stamina and ability to provide last minute results.

The people in the media saying that there is no chance of this happening are wrong. I have held positive talks with ScarJo and WooWoo but I won't make a decision until they tell me what position they see me in.

Of course, if I don't get a threesome with them then you'll all know that it was MY decision not to do it.
The difference here is that ScarJo is definitely seeing Wout every week in public, and isn't annoyed that people see them as a couple.

*ScarJo being Ten Hag.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
thats what i think as well. Betting is the case with DDG also. Makes no sense to trash the players now, keep the focus on finishing strong and then after season move them out.
It makes no sense to play a player you don’t rate in a crucial away game while shifting two other top players outside of their preferred position. You either rate him highly and do that or not play him at all.

FerociousCorgis

It makes no sense to play a player you don’t rate in a crucial away game while shifting two other top players outside of their preferred position. You either rate him highly and do that or not play him at all.
yeah idk. Maybe im just being hopeful ha. Ill wait to judge EtH on his player selection until next year. I highly doubt Wout was his top target over the january window once our cheapass owners said no money. If he brings Wout back next season though that would be a huge ding on EtH in my book.

Revan

Assumptionman
If we sign him, we deserve every bit of misery we had for the last 10 years. It should be grounds for dismissing everyone who wanted this to happen, or had the power to stop it happening and didn’t do so.

Red & White

United Hobbit

If we sign him, we deserve every bit of misery we had for the last 10 years. It should be grounds for dismissing everyone who wanted this to happen, or had the power to stop it happening and didn’t do so.
Exactly. The thought of it happening is making me feel ill.

Djemba-Djemba

Rashford's goal scoring run happened while Weghorst was playing, so yeah I would say it was a decent loan, especially given the alternatives (as in, there weren't any realistic ones).
I don't think Weghorst had anything to do with Rashford's goal scoring form.

I've said it before, up to the cup final he was just about on the line of being ok. Then he played pretty well in the cup final.

Since then he's been absolutely fecking diabolical. He's the worst player I've ever seen for Utd. If we spend more money on him in the summer to sign him it will replace giving Jones a new contract in 2019 as the stupidest thing we've done post Fergie. It will be a new low.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think Weghorst had anything to do with Rashford's goal scoring form.

I've said it before, up to the cup final he was just about on the line of being ok. Then he played pretty well in the cup final.

Since then he's been absolutely fecking diabolical. He's the worst player I've ever seen for Utd. If we spend more money on him in the summer to sign him it will replace giving Jones a new contract in 2019 as the stupidest thing we've done post Fergie. It will be a new low.
I think he accomplished what ETH brought him in to do - which was act as a disruptor who could take some of the pressure off the others. That's all that could've been expected of him and he did it. The goals were obviously never going to happen.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he accomplished what ETH brought him in to do - which was act as a disruptor who could take some of the pressure off the others. That's all that could've been expected of him and he did it. The goals were obviously never going to happen.
I'm sure he expected a few more goals to be honest. its not like he didn't have chances put on a plate for him

Djemba-Djemba

He's not taken any pressure off though.

I maintain if we'd played Mctominay up front as often as we have Weghorst I think Mctominay would have scored more and been more effective. I don't think anyone expected him to score a ton of goals but I reckon ETH expected better than 2 in 27 and zero in the League.

Starting him on Sunday was absolute madness.

C'est Moi Cantona

Really? I thought he was signed as striker, but whatever It was always an odd signing, even given the fact he is Dutch. Maybe up until the Carabao Cup final it was a bit of fun, but he offers nothing, he can't run, he can't pass, he can't finish, he can't even head the ball, I genuinely struggle to think of a worse player we've had play for us in the PL.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he’s got as many champions league semi final goals as haaland this season but don’t let that stop any of you.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
he’s got as many champions league semi final goals as haaland this season but don’t let that stop any of you.
Heard that he prefers to play for a CL club. With ours is still in limbo, understandably he hasn't signed that extension.

Seveneric

This is just revisionism that makes it sound like his output here so far was what ETH expected signing him, and somehow I doubt even you believe that. Yeah he put in a shift when options were scarce upfront, but alleging that he was never going to score goals and he was bought knowing his goal tally was expected, sure :houllier:

Last edited:

The United

Not only that but this:

The guy's delusional
If the comment is genuine, it's amusing since a player like him presumably believes he meets our standards. People also thought he didn't have the best attitude when he came on as a substitute in some games because he didn't get to start.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If the comment is genuine, it's amusing since a player like him presumably believes he meets our standards. People also thought he didn't have the best attitude when he came on as a substitute in some games because he didn't get to start.
It's hilarious when you think about it. As soon as it became obvious that he wasn't offering anything on the pitch, the excuse became that he had a wonderful attitude, worked hard, and understood his role as a squad player.

And now he's mouthing off in the press about a lack of game time! :lol:

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
He is clearly not good,.

But he is not selecting himself,ETH is 100% responsible, he's not only playing him but playing two of our most important players out of position to play him.

Pellistri, Elanga are way better than WW ,worst case we pick a young player from the academy ,even if he doesn't perform at least we can fulfill a young man's dream of playing for United first team.

ti vu

Not only that but this:

The guy's delusional
Just as I thought. He had his own interest in playing a lot to have his call up for Netherland NT. He's the anti Ole (the players): doesn't score that much, and not happy to be unused back up when it means the team is doing well enough and your service as extra scoring threat is not required.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just as I thought. He had his own interest in playing a lot to have his call up for Netherland NT. He's the anti Ole (the players): doesn't score that much, and not happy to be unused back up when it means the team is doing well enough and your service as extra scoring threat is not required.
That's to be expected though. I mean, which player doesn't have a goal to play on their NT.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Not only that but this:

The guy's delusional
*gobsmacked gif*

Get on your knees and praise whatever God you follow that you're even wearing this shirt, let alone playing for us :lol:

poleglass red

ETH needs to sit this chap down and be very clear, even if he scores a hat trick next game, and scores winner v City in fa cup, he has no chance of staying here. He was brought here to do a job, because we were desperate. I understand ETH needs to keep players motivated and maybe dangling the carrot about him doing well might get him a contract. If that was the case, that ship has long sailed, his performances aren't good enough and making statements like that in the media make him and the club look foolish. Thanks for efforts, but on your way.....

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Maguire and Wout have a quite a bit in common then it seems. We seem to be a magnet for players like them. It’s shocking

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
ETH needs to sit this chap down and be very clear, even if he scores a hat trick next game, and scores winner v City in fa cup, he has no chance of staying here. He was brought here to do a job, because we were desperate. I understand ETH needs to keep players motivated and maybe dangling the carrot about him doing well might get him a contract. If that was the case, that ship has long sailed, his performances aren't good enough and making statements like that in the media make him and the club look foolish. Thanks for efforts, but on your way.....
Taking your example I’d be telling him that he could get better chance at a permanent contract if he scored the goals that cemented top 4 and scored in the cup final. What you’re saying is seriously demotivating

Status
Not open for further replies.